The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Spoiler Thread Ep. 6.11: "Happily Ever After""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-03-10, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Spoiler Thread Ep. 6.11: "Happily Ever After""
Please keep spoiler discussion in this thread prior to the episode's airing. I will post a separate thread for post-episode discussion.

Episode 6.11 "Happily Ever After" (Desmond-centric)

Desmond wakes up to discover he's back on the island.

Guest starring: Dominic Monaghan as Charlie, Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday, Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Fionnula Flanagan as Eloise Hawking, Sonya Walger as Penelope “Penny” Widmore, Fisher Stevens as George Minkowski, Sheila Kelley as Zoe, Fred Koehler as Seamus, Kayren Butler as doctor, Ben Cain as MRI tech, Grisel Toledo as Nurse Tyra, Sundra Oakley as lawyer, Haley Williams as assistant, Jonathan Arthur as Simmons, Gerard Elmore as clipboard guy, Hannah Bell as nurse, Christopher McGahan as techie #1 and Steve Boatright as goon #1. Written by Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse. Directed by Jack Bender.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Press Photos and Promos Flowerpower 04-03-10 1
   RE: Press Photos and Promos michel 04-04-10 2
       RE: Press Photos and Promos Flowerpower 04-04-10 3
           RE: Press Photos and Promos michel 04-04-10 4
               RE: Press Photos and Promos Flowerpower 04-04-10 5
 RE: Spoiler Thread ... Flowerpower 04-05-10 6
   RE: Spoiler Thread ... Outfrontgirl 04-06-10 7
       RE: Spoiler Thread ... Flowerpower 04-06-10 8
           RE: Spoiler Thread ... Outfrontgirl 04-06-10 11
       RE: Spoiler Thread ... warp_core breach 04-06-10 10
 Totally Lost Flowerpower 04-06-10 9
 Canadian Spoiler. michel 04-06-10 12
 Interview with Desmond CTgirl 04-07-10 13
   RE: Interview with Desmond Flowerpower 04-08-10 14
       RE: Interview with Desmond CTgirl 04-08-10 15
 Zap2it Article post "Happily Ever A... Flowerpower 04-09-10 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7012 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-10, 10:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Press Photos and Promos"
DESMOND WAKES UP TO DISCOVER HE'S BACK ON THE ISLAND, ON ABC'S "LOST"

Dominic Monaghan Guest Stars as Charlie & Jeremy Davies Guest Stars as Daniel Faraday

"Happily Ever After" – Desmond wakes up to discover he's back on the island, on "Lost," TUESDAY, APRIL 6 (9:00-10:02 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Lost" stars Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Michael Emerson as Ben, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Ken Leung as Miles, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Terry O'Quinn as Locke and Zuleikha Robinson as Ilana.

Guest starring are Dominic Monaghan as Charlie, Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond, Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday, Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Fionnula Flanagan as Eloise Hawking, Sonya Walger as Penelope "Penny" Widmore, Fisher Stevens as George Minkowski, Sheila Kelley as Zoe, Fred Koehler as Seamus, Kayren Butler as doctor, Ben Cain as MRI tech, Grisel Toledo as Nurse Tyra, Sundra Oakley as lawyer, Haley Williams as assistant, Jonathan Arthur as Simmons, Gerard Elmore as clipboard guy, Hannah Bell as nurse, Christopher McGahan as techie #1 and Steve Boatright as goon #1.

Here are the press images...located here

***We will see Charlie and Daniel in this episode!!

The promos are:
1. Here
2. Here
3. Here Who is #67? Is that the freighter that brought the mercenaries and Faraday to the Island? Who's hand is emerging?
4. Here This is the preview promo....the one that says "a path is found"....

I think we are going to get some answers with this one! A path is found, and I can't wait to see what that path is!

Desmond was taken most likely from the hospital, after Ben shot him. And, Desmond in Flash Sideways predicts the future with declaring Claire's baby a boy. Has he time traveled then too?

Check out the guest stars...Penny, Eloise, Minkowski....

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-10, 02:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Press Photos and Promos"
Speaking of guest stars: Sundra Oakley as lawyer.
(Does that mean that Yul is the chosen one? )

04-04-10, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Press Photos and Promos"

LOL, michel! I didn't catch that....but, what about Ozzy???

04-04-10, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Press Photos and Promos"
Ozzy? Doesn't Josh Holloway fill that role quite nicely?

04-04-10, 03:41 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Press Photos and Promos"

Indeed!

04-05-10, 06:40 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Spoiler Thread Ep. 6.11: "Happily Ever After""

From the promo shots it looks like they experiment with their own time machine. First they try it on one of their own, perhaps. Looks like it has a few glitches. Then they try it on Desmond...who has a constant.

I am still wrestling with Widmore. AS a villain on the show, I am having a hard time with him wanting to do the right thing by the Island and the Losties. I think they are all needed to contain Smokey, yet, I firmly believe that he has his own agenda as well, as does Eloise.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-10, 02:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Spoiler Thread Ep. 6.11: "Happily Ever After""
I'm afraid they're going to kill Desmond. He's perhaps my favorite character of the series. Bagpipes and Amazing Grace suggest a funeral. Could be a military tie-in too.

I have a bad feeling. Normally I look forward to a Desmond episode.

04-06-10, 07:24 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Spoiler Thread Ep. 6.11: "Happily Ever After""
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-10 AT 07:39 AM (EST)

ARRRGGGHHHH! I sure hope not! Geez, they can NOT kill Desmond....it is very scary foreshadowing though, I'll give you that. He's in the same position as Widmore and his men/women, as he's not a candidate and can be killed by the MiB. But, no doubt about it, that music is very scary foreshadowing. But, remember the previews for the season finale featured Willie Nelson singing Amazing Grace as well. Perhaps it is the theme song for the final season. But, I am also reminded that Eko chanted the words upon his meeting with Smokey prior to his demise, right?

I'll repeat, they can NOT kill Desmond!!

ETA: I really feel this episode will end fairly well for Desmond as the title says, "Happily Ever After". Regarding the special nature of Desmond. His constant works because he chose the right one. He chose the love of his life, the one person that was the most precious to him. The secret to time travel is your constant. Perhaps MiB cannot time travel out or off of the Island because he has no love constant, he is incapable now of everlasting love.

With Widmore coming to the Island, we all know that he has been after the island for a long time, I have always thought to exploit it in some way. The "special" powers of the Island are it's electromagnetic properties. Perhaps the way they will resolve the sideways world is to Flash them all onto their original Flight....or perhaps they will flash them 20 years earlier than the flight, as we know their flash sideways world evolves differently. When they all begin to interweave among themselves, they'll have deja-vu feelings, and wouldn't it be great if flash sideways world ended when all of their familiar feelings ended with them actually remembering the island time!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-10, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Spoiler Thread Ep. 6.11: "Happily Ever After""
I totally agree they SHOULD NOT kill Desmond. He is so special! Eloise told him his destiny is important. He has already done two things that "had to happen." First he was part of what caused 815 to crash, although it now seems Jacob could have done it alone ... oh well.

Second he turned the Failsafe key, which he expected to kill him.

Now though, he has Penny and a child. He is not the same guy who had nothing to live for and who was driven to show his worthiness. It too expect that Widmore will reveal that his disdain for Desmond was BS all along, part of the plan.

What has Widmore done that was bad other than separate Desmond and Penny? He sent Keamy ... big mistake. But did Widmore know Keamy was so psycho? Not sure. Wishing to kill Ben Linus actually puts Widmore in good company.

Happily Ever After sounds promising, but it could be part of an irony. It could be that Happily Ever After is what Desmond wants but won't get. "Some people aren't meant to live happily ever after" could be what is coming, just as some people are meant to be alone, and aren't meant to be together.

I hope not. Go Desmond!

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-06-10, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail warp_core%20breach Click to send private message to warp_core%20breach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Spoiler Thread Ep. 6.11: "Happily Ever After""
Oh... crap...

A Gift from Agman

04-06-10, 08:11 AM (EST)
9. "Totally Lost"

Totally Lost located here.

04-06-10, 08:17 PM (EST)
12. "Canadian Spoiler."
What a totally crappy episode. An hour long flash-sideways to tell us that "none of it matters" and that this isn't the lives they want. Well Duh! I've been saying that ever since the first flash-sideways.

There is one good exchange between Desmond and Daniel. The brief connection to the "constant" was nice but mostly for the romantics. Desmond was introduced as a tool in season 2, he's back being a tool and probably happy to do it for ever after.

I figured out why Zoe took Jin to Hydra: If she hadn't, we wouldn't have seen a Lostie on the island for most of the show. What a waste overall.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-10, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Interview with Desmond"
I found this TV Guide interview interesting.

Cusick obviously talks vaguely about what will happen in the future, but there's more good tidbits than usual in a TV Guide interview.

04-08-10, 10:18 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Interview with Desmond"

Great article in TV Guide, CTgirl, thanks for posting it! It was very helpful, imo. It straightened out some things that we all speculated upon...Desmond is enlightened now! He goes with Sayid because it's a way for him to accomplish his mission. His mission is to provide a glimpse of the other world to the other passengers on flight 815. If he can do this they will see the the truth and their hearts will open. He and Widmore are on the same mission. Eloise is like an "oracle".

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-10, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Interview with Desmond"
The article was helpful - thanks for summarizing the interview. I was too tired when I posted it to form a coherent sentence!

I like the word he used to describe Eloise - an "oracle" much better than my all-knowing witch description!

04-09-10, 09:05 AM (EST)
16. "Zap2it Article post "Happily Ever After""
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-10 AT 10:15 AM (EST)

Another interesting RECAP of "Happily Ever After". Another by the same guy, here.

This article proposes that Desmond now knows what he has to do. He must enlighten the Losties as to the existence of another alternative life. They most likely will have to choose....in the end it will boil down to Live together, or die alone. They must accept what they are, give up the past, and choose each other in favor of their own interests.

Very intriguing to think that while Flash Sideways Desmond will seek out the others from the plane and try to enlighten them as to the other life, will Island Desmond enlighten the Losties as to the existence of the sideways world?

I believe it's his mission to contain smokey on the island with Widmore, while in sideways world, it's his mission to make them all aware of the existence of the Island world....

Edited to add one more "Happily Ever After" Recap.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •