The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What do YOU want answered?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

wandacal 4018 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-29-10, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wandacal Click to send private message to wandacal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What do YOU want answered?"
OK, my Lost friends!
We have very many questions.
We have to be realistic and realize that so many questions will go unanswered.
Let's make a list, (a la EW, TV Addict, et al), of the top 10 questions we demand to be answered.

I'll start:

1.) What kind of powers does Walt have? (What's with the birds?)
2.) What's with the numbers? Did I miss something?
3.) What IS the island all about? (Duh! This should have been my first question!)
4.) Is Ben good or bad?
5.) What is that loud, ominous sound in the background?
6.) What the HELL is up with Aaron, Claire's baby?
7.) Is Jack's Dad alive or what?
8.) Donkeys? Polar bears? 4-clawed statues? WTF?!!!
9.) Walt!!! (I know. I'm repeating myself. I just can't get past this.)

And finally...

10.) As silly and unimportant as this sounds, what the HELL ever happened to the stewardesses and kids that were taken by the "Others"?

Lost with PhoenixMons!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What do YOU want answered? Flowerpower 01-29-10 1
 RE: What do YOU want answered? mrc 01-29-10 2
 RE: What do YOU want answered? michel 01-30-10 3
 RE: What do YOU want answered? blacknwhitedog 01-31-10 4
 RE: What do YOU want answered? trigirl 02-02-10 5
 RE: What do YOU want answered? Outfrontgirl 02-11-10 6
   RE: What do YOU want answered? michel 02-11-10 7
       RE: What do YOU want answered? Outfrontgirl 02-11-10 8
 RE: What do YOU want answered? weltek 03-09-10 9
 RE: What do YOU want answered? moonbaby 03-09-10 10
   RE: What do YOU want answered? weltek 03-14-10 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7012 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-29-10, 06:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What do YOU want answered?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-31-10 AT 01:11 PM (EST)

Yes, wandacal, SO many questions...here are a few of mine, in no particular order...

1. What the heck is the lsland and what really is it that Widmore is after...is it the time travel, the healing powers, it's island magnetism, or the fountain of youth? eta: NO idea! What was with the inability to have a pregnancy come to fruition there?
2. Will the survivors start off season 6 on their Oceanic Flight and if so, will they have a memory of their adventures on the island and through time? ETA: I think they will pick off on the Oceanic Flight with a memory of their plight on and off the island...
3. What, why, and who is Christian Shepard on the island? He is tied to Jacob somehow. Is he an dark force or a light force? I don't know. If he's more associated with Jacob, seen with Claire, he must be part of the lighter force...
4. What about smokey, and why was Ben able to summon him/her/it? Smokey is on the "dark side"...
5. What happened to Claire, and why is it so important that only she raise Aaron? ETA: If she raises Aaron, that will be good, if she chooses to give him away, that will be bad/evil...will Aaron grow up to be a good or dark force central to the island in some way?
6. Who the heck is Jacob, a man who never ages, who skips through time, speaks multiple languages flawlessly, who is able to give others certain qualities, how is he tied to the man in black, who seems to possess all of the powers that Jacob may have, and how are they connected to Ilana? eta: They are both part of the "good side", as Jacob is seen in white, and Ilana has told us she's the good guys... Is he really dead, or was he able to manipulate our survivors to save his own life? eta: I think his "force" is still with us. If the man in black can change into different identities, then why can't Jacob?
7. Regarding Jacob's last words to the man in black/imposter Locke, WHO IS COMING? What war is imminent and who will be in it? eta: I think Jacob is referring to the survivors of Oceanic 815, who will be coming to the present to fight for the island cause, against the dark forces and the man in black.
8. Where is Desmond and what will happen to him? eta: Somehow Desmond will get back to the present and be there for the war, imo...
9. Who are the skeletons found in the caves by the survivors? eta: Best guess are Bernard and Rose? Jack and Kate?
10. Where did the numbers really come from? eta: no idea
11. What about all those that have passed, Boone, Shannon, Ana Lucia, Libby, Mr. Eko, Charlie, etc. Will they be revived? Can't forget about Charlotte and Daniel as well... eta: Well if Jack is able to reset the events, then those that have died, will indeed be saved. Will they be around for the war? NO IDEA.
12. Why did the island heal Locke when he was mortally wounded, after Ben shot him? Was it the island, or Jacob? eta: I think Locke is integral to Jacob, not the man in black. Somehow, someway, the real John Locke will be resurrected, just as the real Jacob will be resurrected....just as Jesus was ressurected...
13. Why do Widmore and Ben loathe each other to the point of murdering their daughters? They both belonged to the band of "others". Ben was driven to do everything in the name of Jacob, what will he do now? eta: Ben appears truly clueless in the present. Richard Alpert and Ilana will now lead the way.

ETA: Thought it would be fun to edit in theories of mine...

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-10, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What do YOU want answered?"
You will also find questions in this thread and the link posted in it:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID77/672.shtml

You've been hotpocketed!

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-10, 01:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What do YOU want answered?"
All good questions but I think there is only 1 question to answer: What is the nature of the conflict between Jacob and the man in black? Jacob seems to believe that there is promise in humans while the man in black thinks we will never stop killing each other. The first 5 seasons showed we could very well be a lost cause.

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

01-31-10, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What do YOU want answered?"
who/what is Richard- where did he come from?

2005 PhoenixMons

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-02-10, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What do YOU want answered?"
Jate or Jawyer.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-10, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What do YOU want answered?"
We saw Cindy the stewardess and both the kids living with Ben's group of others back on the Cage island. (Stranger in a Strange Lane, 3.9) They were standing in front of Jack's cage watching him. Now she's at the Temple, as is Aldo, who was a guard taking orders from Ben in Season 3.

Adam and Eve could be Jack and Kate, Bernard and Rose, or the de Groots, who have been laid aside but were integral to DHARMA at the beginning.

The love triangle will go to the end and be resolved in the Finale, whether we care or not. I would bet on that. That's why they keep inflicting Evangeline's bad acting on us and pulled a Katecentric this early in the season. We have to care about Kate even if we don't. (I don't, but I care about Sawyer and Jack, and I liked Juliet.)

Beside the big obvious questions, I have a small question that niggles at me. Desmond and his "supervisor" at the Hatch ... lived on DHARMA provisions and wore the uniforms, but seemed autonomous. I mean, if Ben and his people were on top of the DHARMA stations as they appear to have been, why were they leaving one nearly crazed guy in charge of pushing the button every 108 minutes?

If the thing could destroy the island or the world, why not send in a replacement so that Desmond could sleep eight hours? When the plane crashed, why not send someone to the Hatch to see what happened? Why was Locke allowed to go stop the button from being pushed? Ben knew all about the lostaways running the Hatch at that time; he even screwed with John about pushing the button.

At the time it seemed like the button and the silly old computer were just a mind game, so it seemed acceptable that all these events played out with so little effort at supervising the EM force. But now we know that Miles' father got his arm damaged and that there was a force they drilled into, and for three seasons we've known that it was no joke about pushing the button, since Desmond turned the failsafe key.

So are they ever going to address why Desmond, who had never even met Ben or Richard as far as we can tell, in spite of the fact that they are both pretty much control freaks, not to mention Jacob and MIB -- why Desmond was left in charge of saving the world every 108 minutes?

It just feels like major slop to me if they can't make Season 2 make sense in context with the whole narrative. And ditto with the Walt story.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-10, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What do YOU want answered?"
How about this: Punching the numbers was really protecting Jacob from the Man in Black. The supplies (a gift from heaven!!) were probably arranged by Jacob. No one from Dharmaville knew about it.

As I wrote elsewhere, I think that MiB took over Jacob's cabin at the same time Oceanic 815 crashed, both the result of Desmond's tardiness in pushing the buttons.

MiB had no idea what was going on in the Swan so he sent Ben to investigate. Maybe it's one of the rules of the game between Jacob and MiB: MiB couldn't simply order Ben to destroy the computer, he had to get Locke to want to stop pushing the numbers, he had to break Locke's faith in his mission.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-10, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What do YOU want answered?"
Interesting thinking. I haven't speculated a lot on what happened with Jacob's cabin because I don't feel like I have much information so it would be all spec, but you could well be right.

Still, what I am getting at is why the Swan station is not on the nu-DHARMA/Others radar. There were a certain number of hatches, and systems, set up by original DHARMA, and Ben and his henchman seem to be using them still. The Swan was arguably the most important of them all, so why is it being manned by Desmond alone? Why doesn't he know anything about the Others? Why was he recruited when his boat crashed? It was a two man job. Why wasn't his buddy replaced? Why didn't anyone show up at the Hatch with that body out there, when the various Others seem to know most of what goes on and patrol the island?

Desmond was there for two years or so before 815 crashed and only saw one other person.

I like the idea that Ben got sent to break down Locke's faith. So are you saying that although Ben thought he was taking orders from Jacob, he was really getting them from MIB and being taken in? I can see that. But surely Jacob would have known.

I think all the Jacob vs. MIB stuff will be explained first, but I'm just hoping they can tie up some stuff that seemed sloppy that they brought up in Seasons One and Two. I'm not sure all of that was written knowing where they were going in the end.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-10, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: What do YOU want answered?"
The biggest question for me is about children.

Why was young Locke given a "recruitment" visit from Richard and what did the "not ready" mean? Were others also given a recruitment visit and we just haven't seen it? Why were WALT and his "powers" such a feature for the first few seasons? How is Aaron important? Are our LOSTIES all decendants of people that have been on the island, therefore might Walt, Aaron, etc. end up returning some day?

-A Tribetastic Creation

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-10, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: What do YOU want answered?"
I want to know when Claire's new hair met Jack's old beard.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-10, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: What do YOU want answered?"
I hope they don't keep reproducing.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •