The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Mourning LOST"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-18-10, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Mourning LOST"
This is premature, since we still have this season to watch, but with each episode I'm getting more and more sad that this is the final season.

I'm sad, because I have a feeling that no matter how they wrap this up, no matter how well they tie up the story and how interesting/surprising/wonderful the end winds up being, that I'm not going to enjoy the wrap-up as much as I've enjoyed the years of wondering what the heck is going on.

That won't be anyone's fault. It's quite possible that this series has been so interesting and compelling and well-done that the end could never be as satisfying as the journey. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm going to be really sad when it's over. Every time we get an answer, the exciting little moment of "ah HA!" is always followed by a little pang of sad. It's a testament to how well this show has managed to capture my interest and imagination.

I guess if there's only one end, and the rest is just progress, I'd be okay with just always being "in progress" and never really getting to the end.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Mourning LOST mrc 02-18-10 1
   RE: Mourning LOST mrc 02-20-10 3
 RE: Mourning LOST CTgirl 02-20-10 2
   I agree... Flowerpower 02-21-10 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-18-10, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Mourning LOST"
I can empathize.

I do, however, like the finality of knowing that there is an end in sight and that we will get there. Veronica Mars, Pushing Daisies, The Nine, Samantha Who?, etc., have left me feeling unsatisfied with their cancellation w/o resolution to plot lines. At least with Lost, I know the plot lines are unresolved for a reason, even if I don't like it.

Unless they don't address WAAALLLLTTTTTTT! Then I'm gonna be upset.

You've been hotpocketed!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-10, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Mourning LOST"
In thinking about this some more, the end of Lost is reminding me of the first time I read through the Narnia series. I knew the end was coming and I hated it, but I was also happy. I've felt that way every time I've re-read the series.

Bunnies eat nerds.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-10, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Mourning LOST"
I know what you mean. I am going to miss this show a lot. Every week at some point during the episode I think, "I can't believe this is almost over." But I am glad they had a definite end to the show and they are leaving on a high point instead of letting it play out and then end when the ratings went down. Better to go out on top! We can remember that we were here for the journey (rather like I feel with experiencing the Harry Potter series with my son).

I own all the seasons so far and was going to rewatch them this summer. I didn't. I decided I'd rather wait and watch them all again when I know the ending to see what the creators had planned when it all first started. You can relive the Lost experience again from a different perspective!

Flowerpower 7012 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-10, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "I agree..."
You can relive the Lost experience again from a different perspective!

You are right on target, here, CTGirl! I was able to rewatch a couple of the seasons and alot of the critical scenes from all of the seasons and it is simply amazing what you see on the rewatch. It all falls into place, and even more questions pop up, while more are answered. Just makes you appreciate the series all the more.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •