The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-28-09, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
Another great episode of Lost on tonight. Will there be more Hot Pockets thrown? Will more noses bleed? Will Paula and Kara REALLY make out? Tune in and find out.

*SPOILER*

Alright, here's the episode description for this Desmond-centric episode:

Desmond goes in search of a woman who could be the key to helping Faraday stop the island's erratic movements through time, and Locke discovers the identity of the unknown forces who have been attacking the survivors.

Guest starring: Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Sonya Walger as Penelope "Penny" Widmore, Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Rebecca Mader as Charlotte Lewis, Tom Connolly as Jones, Alexandra Krosney as Ellie, Imelda Corcoran as Abigail, Matthew Alan as Cunningham, Dan Hildebrand as custodian, Mary Ann Taheny as Moira, Raymond Ma as Efren Salonga, Sarah Farooqui as Theresa and Tuli Roy-Kirwan as secretary. Written by Elizabeth Sarnoff & Paul Zbyszewski. Directed by Rod Holcomb.

A Slice of Manga

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead zombiebaby 01-28-09 1
 RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead HobbsofMI 01-28-09 2
   RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead zombiebaby 01-28-09 4
       RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead mrc 01-28-09 5
           RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead trigirl 01-29-09 10
               RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead HobbsofMI 01-29-09 12
                   RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead BrassFan 02-02-09 35
       RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead Travel_Queen 01-29-09 25
 RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead HobbsofMI 01-28-09 3
 RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead mrc 01-28-09 6
   RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead MPVLOST 01-29-09 7
       RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead trigirl 01-29-09 9
           RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead HobbsofMI 01-29-09 19
   RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead HobbsofMI 01-29-09 13
       RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead mrc 01-29-09 14
           RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead trigirl 01-29-09 15
               RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead HobbsofMI 01-29-09 17
                   RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead trigirl 01-29-09 20
                       RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead zombiebaby 01-29-09 21
   RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead Breezy 01-29-09 22
       RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead zombiebaby 01-29-09 23
           RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead Breezy 01-29-09 24
           RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead CTgirl 01-29-09 26
               RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead mrc 01-29-09 28
 RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead batts 01-29-09 8
 RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead zombiebaby 01-29-09 11
   RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead HobbsofMI 01-29-09 16
   RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead trigirl 01-29-09 18
 Random Thoughts CTgirl 01-29-09 27
   RE: Random Thoughts HobbsofMI 01-29-09 29
   RE: Random Thoughts warp_core breach 01-29-09 30
   RE: Random Thoughts DoodleBug 02-05-09 40
 RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead trigirl 01-29-09 31
 RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead michel 01-29-09 32
   RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead BrassFan 02-02-09 36
       RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead Travel_Queen 02-02-09 37
 RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead dragonflies 01-30-09 33
 RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead Max Headroom 01-30-09 34
 RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead CTgirl 02-04-09 38
   RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead trigirl 02-05-09 39
 Rewatched.... Meemo 02-05-09 41

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-09, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
*tries to shield eyes from rest of post*

You have a Jughead hat don't ya?

Will Betty, Veronica and Archie be along for the ride?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-09, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
They replayed "The Lie" with comments....anyone catch any that were important or confirmed what we saw last week?

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig JSlice and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

01-28-09, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
I saw they said Mrs. Hawkings name was Eloise. Which would play into her being Daniels mother just for the fact he named that mouse after her.

I wonder if that chick Ellie is her as well.

Oh and it looked like a Hot Pocket!

01-28-09, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
Ellie=Eloise

Interesting!

Bunnies eat nerds.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-29-09, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
Ellie=Eloise

Didn't catch that! Maybe Charles Widmore is her baby-daddy....or someone else in Camp Otherloco (not to be confused with the yellow houses of New Otherton.

Is Daniel's Oxford screw-up lady not really brain dammaged, but rather 'skipping' through time without a constant?

The other big question I have about Daniel is why was he weeping when he saw the wreckage of Oceanic 815. Remember when we were first introduced to him? His storyline is the most interesting of season 5.

bouncey by Ice

01-29-09, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
Well....we have seen Daniel with Dharma building stations, we had the chick last night say he came back again, his experiments due to Widmore, and now he is on the island again with his journal that tells him what happens. Weeping when he saw the wreckage because he knew it was going to start all over again?

BrassFan 322 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-02-09, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BrassFan Click to send private message to BrassFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
>Well....we have seen Daniel with Dharma
>building stations,

I think people are making this part too complicated. I think that at some point this season, the Losties are going to jump back in time to the point when the Orchid was being constructed, and Daniel is going there to try and fix things by spinning the donkey wheel.

>we had the
>chick last night say he
>came back again

I don't think Ellie was saying "he" came back, but rather "they" came back..as in the US Army couldn't stay away.

Travel_Queen 138 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-29-09, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Travel_Queen Click to send private message to Travel_Queen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
>I saw they said Mrs. Hawkings
>name was Eloise. Which
>would play into her being
>Daniels mother just for the
>fact he named that mouse
>after her.
>
>I wonder if that chick Ellie
>is her as well.
>
>Oh and it looked like a
>Hot Pocket!

I have a few thoughts and have put pieces together that may or may not fit!

I agree, Ellie = Eloise and is Daniel's Mom (which is why she reminded him of someone. Charles Widmore and Ellie were on the Island at the same time in 1954, therefore could Widmore be Daniel's Dad? He funded Daniel's research after all. Desmond went to Widmore and asked where Daniel's Mom was..and he gave him her address in LA and said she was private and wouldn't be happy (this implies more than a casual relationship IMO.) Therefore, Penny and Daniel are brother and sister (or at least half siblings).

Widmore is also paying for the girl in the bed's care, more likely a Dad paying for a son's mistake. Not sure if Charlotte is the same girl...or her daughter. Miles implied she was returning, so could she have been born on the Island?

okay here it gets a little wild. Could Penny be the girl that looks like Juliet and whom Ben loves? If they were on the Island together at some point, Ben could have had a "crush" on her that her father did not approve of...and therefore now the epic battle we see between the two? Ben said that Widmore "changed the rules"..open season on his daughter now.

01-28-09, 09:02 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
A new baby.......yea......

01-28-09, 11:20 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
1. Widmore was on the island as a young Other. Wowzer!

2. Ellie (the blonde, female Other) looked a lot like the woman in the bed that Des went to see. But Hobbs pointed out that Ellie might be Eloise Hawking. Hmm.

3. Des and Penny's son is named Charlie.

4. Daniel loves Charlotte. Aww! But she might be dying! *gasp*

Nothing earth-shattering, but a good episode that illustrates Faraday's increasing importance.

Tribefied

MPVLOST 169 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-09, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MPVLOST Click to send private message to MPVLOST Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
Locke told Richard to go visit him when he's born 2 years later. Richard was at the hospital shortly after Locke was born in an earlier episode.

-----------------------------------------
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

01-29-09, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
D'oh! My feed got all wonky when Locke and Richard were having their tete-a-tete. Did I miss anything else?

bouncey by Ice

01-29-09, 08:28 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
Just as Locke was trying to get how to get off the island he heard the jump coming....which I found interesting....why would Daniel not go to the station and turn the wheel since he knows where it is.

01-29-09, 08:18 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
What are the chances that Des and Penny's son is Charlie?

01-29-09, 08:21 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
I think the name was to honor Charley, who sacrificed his life for Des.

A Slice of Manga

01-29-09, 08:23 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
Interesting though that Charlie helped them find each other and Charles has tried to keep them apart.

bouncey by Ice

01-29-09, 08:27 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
Yep....but if Des goes back with the baby and Penny....could they skip back in time? I know Charlie had a brother but can't remember if he gave us any back ground on his family.

01-29-09, 08:30 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
They did give us background on Charlie Pace's family. I remember that Charlie's dad was not very nice and was a butcher. The mother wanted her sons to play the piano. The brother's name is\was Liam.

01-29-09, 08:40 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
Like the butcher shop Ben went to? Dum dum dum dum!!!!

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-09, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
1. Holey Carp! That was a good shock.

2. I thought the same thing, she looked exactly like the girl in the bed. Daniel kept saying she looked just like... that's whom I thought he meant.

3. He's curls are too cute.

4. She's toast.

01-29-09, 08:49 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
I wonder if Faraday is telling the truth though about changing things. Maybe that was "The Lie" and not the lie we already knew about(O6).

If Charlotte is going to die then he is going to want to change things. I also wonde too when is Daniel from? He could be from further back in the past than we assume.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-09, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
I think Daniel is from when he was at Oxford doing his experiments. He found a way to time travel and that's why he's been seen in different times.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-09, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
I wonder if Faraday is telling the truth though about changing things.

I don't think he is. I like his character, but he's kind of nervous and shifty like he's not telling the full truth about anything. I have thought for a while that we're going to have some different endings after everyone gets back to the island.

01-29-09, 01:14 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
I agree.

The producers are on record that viewers have to watch the show w/o trying to divide characters into good guys/bad guys. There's a lot of gray on this show, and I think all of the characters have good/bad qualities.

A Slice of Manga

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-29-09, 03:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
.... I'm gonna have to watch that again...

01-29-09, 08:16 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
Theresa. Was that her name? The one who Daniel made swiss cheese out of? Wasn't that the name of Boone's nanny? I know shared name like Charles/Charlie but you never know!

This is because I JUST saw that episode where Locke has the vision of bloody Boone saying "Theresa go up the stairs, Theresa go down the stairs". Random saying in an episode chock full of "future" clues.

That bomb is soooo going to play a role later on!

01-29-09, 08:25 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
Jughead is the name of the bomb......I see the end of the island...

01-29-09, 08:27 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
Theresa. Wasn't that the name of Boone's nanny?

Yes! Yes! Yes! Great catch. Didn't he feel responsible for her falling down the stairs or something? Did they ever actually say that she had died? Great catch!

bouncey by Ice

01-29-09, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Random Thoughts"
I like the way the island is skipping around in time allowing D&C to give us the back story of the island.

Penny's going to LA where Ben is. That makes me very, very nervous since he's pledged to kill her.

It seems as if the island was more visible to the world before the Others used Dharma technology to block it being found.

What a surprise to see a young Charles Widmore and he was just as much of a jerk then and he is now! Have we seen evidence that Charles Widmore is behind the Dharma initiative? Ben killed everyone at Dharma so that could be behind their feud. It's Charles vs. Ben and Eloise (Ellie?)

If Eloise is Daniel's mother and he worked at Oxford, why doesn't he have an English accent?!

Maybe Miles is the baby we saw with Dr. Chang.

Another great episode!

01-29-09, 02:49 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Random Thoughts"
What would have happen is Locke shot Widmore?

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-29-09, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail warp_core%20breach Click to send private message to warp_core%20breach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Random Thoughts"
I liked this episode... so much that I watched it twice because I have time-shifting on my satelite dish.

1. I thought Ellie looked like Theresa and thought she was maybe her mom but then several people said she could be Eloise, Faraday's mom... hmmm

2. Obviously, some sort of "falling out" occurs between Richard and Whidmore at some future date.

3. So the homicidal cutie is Whidmore... wow!

4. The source of the conflict between the Others and _____ is becoming a little more clear... although there's still 2 seasons left and it likely isn't going to be totally revealed anytime soon.

5. The reason why Richard visited Locke in the hopsital, and smiled mysteriously, after Locke was born - cool.

6. Richard's way of speaking was well, normal as opposed to current times where he speaks in riddles and such... but I guess that's because he hadn't been visited by future Losties yet.

7. The exchanges between Juliet and Sawyer... interesting. I don't think they'll knock boots, but you never know. But he loves Kate... he threw himself out of a helicopter for her!

8. I love Desmond! He is a such a great person! I'll add him to my list of Lost hotties.

9. Charlotte is going to end up like Theresa.

10. I think it's obvious now who Faraday's mother is... whether she is Ellie, well that's not clear yet.

11. Missed the Charlie reference the first time I watched the episode. It took a second viewing... duh, he named his son after Charlie Pace (I thought it was after Whidmore... duh!).

12. It seems only Locke can tell when the island/they is/are going to shift... why?

Siggie courtesy of Seana

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-09, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Random Thoughts"
If Eloise is Daniel's mother and he worked at Oxford, why doesn't he have an English accent?!

Because he grew up in the states and didn't get the accent.

01-29-09, 05:59 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
What about Charlotte being Charles Widmore's daughter?

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-09, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
LAST EDITED ON 01-29-09 AT 06:58 PM (EST)

For an episode that was mainly just setting up future events it still had some interesting surprises:

- Charles Widmore being on the island in the 50s is surprising. I originally thought he funded Dharma to use the islands for commercial purposes but it seems he used Dharma simply to find the island, to find a way to go back himself. Was he an Other like Richard or was he kidnapped as a child by the Others?

- Ellie being Eloise Hawking and Daniel's mother would be interesting. It could also mean Widmore is Daniel's father but wouldn't Daniel recognize his mother? I mean, we usually see plenty of pictures of our mother as a younger woman.

- Jughead tells us that the Others don't jump in time like the Losties and everyone else who isn't from the island. Daniel told Ellie they had to bury the bomb. Since, as Daniel said, the island didn't blow up, then the Others had to stay behind when time shifted so that they could bury Jughead.

BrassFan 322 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-02-09, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BrassFan Click to send private message to BrassFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
>- Ellie being Eloise Hawking and
>Daniel's mother would be interesting.
>It could also mean Widmore
>is Daniel's father but wouldn't
>Daniel recognize his mother? I
>mean, we usually see plenty
>of pictures of our mother
>as a younger woman.

I thought he did....

He told her that she reminded him of someone, and she said "another someone like the girl you just professed your love to in there?" and his reply was something to the effect of "not even close..."

Travel_Queen 138 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-09, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Travel_Queen Click to send private message to Travel_Queen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
I just rewatched last night online..and he says "not even close" in reply to her "Romeo" comment.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-09, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
I enjoyed the episode.

I'm really curious about the girl that Daniel monkeyed up. She 'wakes up' as a child? Hmm. Something else going on there.

I loved the Widmore was on the island as a younger man. I think it kind of humanizes him, that he wants to get back there.

So is Charlotte toast? Really?

Did you see the previews? I heard Sawyer say "I saw Kate in the jungle"...

Next week looks great!

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-09, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
I think Daniel Faraday is this season's Benjamin Linus. It's early in the season, but everything has been revolving around him so far. Is he good, evil, searching for something, trying to fix something, or just misguided? That ambiguity is what makes his character so interesting to watch.

I also find it interesting that Daniel Dae Kim (Jin) is still present in the opening cast credits. I wonder how they'll work him back into the storylines?

Headbanger by IceCat, siggie by agman

02-04-09, 08:27 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
Here's a short video from TV Guide interviewing C&L about Jughead. No spoilers zombie!

http://tinyurl.com/atzxgr

02-05-09, 08:08 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Ep. 5.03: Jughead"
Great video. I don't think it is too spoilerish that they imply we will see Ellie again, but that Theresa is not a main character.

bouncey by Ice

Meemo 3517 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-05-09, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Meemo Click to send private message to Meemo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "Rewatched...."
Watched the episode again last night before the new one....

Didn't pick up a whole lot, other than the fact that Widmore had a big painting of a polar bear in his office when Desmond went to confront him.

Half man, half amazing, all DAW

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •