The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"5/8/08- "Cabin Fever""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-08-08, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"5/8/08- "Cabin Fever""
So this is the last "regular" episode right? Next week is part 1 of the finale, then a week off, then the 2 hour finale.

As great as I thought this season was it still felt disjointed due to breaks again(I realize this was due to the strike). Everytime it seems to get some momentum we have a break again. Shame that we will have to wait until next year to get the uninterupted breaks. At least if there is not an actors strike!

I love the episode titles this year. Is this one in reference to the ship? Jacob's cabin? The sickness? A teen horror flick?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever" blacknwhitedog 05-08-08 1
   RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever" Ahtumbreez 05-08-08 2
   RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever" - ***** cycles2k 05-09-08 3
       RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever" - ***** Chez 05-09-08 4
           RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever" - ***** zombiebaby 05-09-08 7
       RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever" - ***** zombiebaby 05-09-08 6
           RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever" - ***** cycles2k 05-12-08 37
       RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever" - ***** blacknwhitedog 05-09-08 18
 Strange zombiebaby 05-09-08 5
   RE: Strange mrc 05-09-08 8
   RE: Strange CTgirl 05-09-08 11
       RE: Strange zombiebaby 05-09-08 14
           RE: Strange Ahtumbreez 05-09-08 25
           The nose bleed moonbaby 05-09-08 26
 RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever" mrc 05-09-08 9
   Sorry Zombs Breezy 05-09-08 10
       No problem! zombiebaby 05-09-08 12
           RE: No problem! mrc 05-09-08 15
           RE: No problem! trigirl 05-10-08 31
       RE: Sorry Zombs mrc 05-09-08 13
           RE: Sorry Zombs Breezy 05-09-08 16
 Just wondering zombiebaby 05-09-08 17
 RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever" blacknwhitedog 05-09-08 19
   RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever" Wacko Jacko 05-09-08 20
       RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever" tjcrew 05-09-08 21
           RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever" Breezy 05-09-08 22
               RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever" tjcrew 05-09-08 23
                   RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever" Breezy 05-09-08 24
                       RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever" tjcrew 05-09-08 27
 Zodiac Chez 05-09-08 28
   RE: Zodiac maroonclowns mom 05-09-08 29
 Alpert and Abaddon trigirl 05-10-08 30
   RE: Alpert and Abaddon zombiebaby 05-10-08 33
 Emily trigirl 05-10-08 32
 Haha zombiebaby 05-11-08 34
 Did we know this? Meemo 05-11-08 35
   RE: Did we know this? trigirl 05-11-08 36
 Thing on bad dude's arm Breezy 05-13-08 38

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-08, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever""
hidden text:

It's a Locke episode

Cabin Fever
First aired: 5/8/2008 Production Code: 411
Locke finds out where Jacob's cabin is. Life on the freighter becomes dangerous.

Writer: Kyle Pennington, Elizabeth Sarnoff
Director: Paul Edwards (III)
Guest star: Kevin Durand (Keamy), Lance Reddick (Matthew Abaddon), Jeff Fahey (Frank Lapidus), Anthony Azizi (Omar), Grant Bowler (Captain Gault), Marc Vann (Doc Ray), Doug Hutchison (Horace Goodspeed), Nestor Carbonell (Richard Alpert), John Terry (Christian Shephard) , Amanda Carlin (ER Nurse), Charlie Wyson (John Locke, Age 5), Rebecca Tilney (Emily's Mother), Holland Roden (Emily), Mandy June Turpin (Florence), Sarah Duval (Melissa), Matthew Pedersen (Physical Therapist), Patrick Torres (ER Doctor), Phil Abrams (Gellert), Caleb Steinmeyer (John Locke, Age 16)

Interesting guest stars

Handcrafted by RollDdice 2005

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-08, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever""
Interesting on the guest stars. Very interesting.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-09-08, 01:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever" - *****"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-08 AT 12:57 PM (EST)

I thought this weeks episode was very good. Definitely not the best episode of the year, but definitely a good one. The "chosen" theme and the destiny theme were interesting. I really hope the writers know where they are going with that.

The most interesting part of John's flashbacks were the people who appeared at key points in his life. It seems as if he has some potential to live up to and that there are people waiting for him to live up to it.

Richard is back. Again, and again, and again. It is one of the most interesting mysteries in Lost.

There I was sitting with Mrs Cycles saying - Christian is going to be in that cabin because Christian is Jacob. I was half right. So who is Jacob? Maybe it doesn't matter.

Clair's little half smile was disturbing. It reminded me of a scene in Blade Runner when two of the replicants smiled at each other behind Sebastian's back.

I don't understand why the doc said, in an earlier episode, that the Captain should be feared when he was pissed off. The mercenary disposed of him like so much used tissue. Maybe the writers wanted the Captain to be the bad guy for a while, then changed their mind and turned the Captain into a good-guy, right before they killed him off.

Why exactly is Desmond staying on the "boot"? He spent three years on the island so he didn't want to help Sayid rescue anyone. It had a hasty and unconvincing feel to it - as if the writers needed some excuse to keep Des on that boat for a future scene.

Loved the scene with Sayid on the dingy and the scene with Ben and Hurley eating the candy bar.

Edited to change references to Jason into references to Jacob. Thanks ZombieBaby.

Chez 670 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-08, 07:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever" - *****"
Do you think Claire is dead? Died when her house crashed, but somehow re-embodied herself long enough to make sure Aaron could be taken care of (and coincidentally meeting up with her dead dad)? She seemed so lethargic in the cabin, not like her normal self.

05-09-08, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever" - *****"
I hope not. That would be like the reveal that Micheal was the man on the boat. No suprise.

05-09-08, 08:17 AM (EST)
6. "RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever" - *****"
Who is Jason? Do you mean Jacob?

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-08, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever" - *****"
Oops, must have confused Lost with a horror movie I once saw. I'll go back and edit it.

05-09-08, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever" - *****"
LOVED Hurley sharing the candy bar with Ben!

Yes I think Claire is a ghost (like dad).

Can Sayid make it back to the island in time to warn them?

Syren 2007

05-09-08, 08:13 AM (EST)
5. "Strange"
This was a pretty boring episode for me. I don't know why. I may change my mind after thinking about it further though.

1. That was a Dalai Lama test that was given to Locke I think.
Interesting in that Locke appears to be a man of science originally yet he fights it.

2. Emily looked like Claire a bit. John can't die like Micheal cause the island needs him.

3. Everyone thinks Clare is dead. I'm guessing maybe. Locke saw 2 people we know were dead. They showed us that. So it would reason that Claire is dead. I am still not sure though. I do think she is on the evil side though. She looked like she just had sex with her father.

4. I don't know but Locke saying they have to move the island did not seem like such a shock to me. We knew the island was moveable anyway right? With the strange tides and shifting.

5. The doctor part was very interesting when Keamy slit his throat.

6. Same thing too the appearance of Alpert and Abbadon was ho hum too.

7. Ben seems so different now.

8. Had we seen Horace before?

*passes mrc a candy bar*

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-08, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Strange"
Yummy.

Tribefied

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-08, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Strange"
Horace was in one of Ben's flashback - he was driving by when Ben's parents were hiking and she goes into labor and then he brought Ben's dad to work on the island for the Dharma Initiative.

05-09-08, 09:45 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Strange"
Thanks! I knew he was on before and his name sounded familiar. I am too scared to go to other sites like Lostpedia due to potential spoilers.

Weird that his nose kept bleeding. Is that to show that ghosts bleed? Is that why Claire still had a bandage?

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-08, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Strange"
I thought it was to show he was gassed.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-08, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "The nose bleed"
seemed similar to what the time hoppers were experiencing. And since he kept repeating himself and his scene kept sort of skipping back to the same moment I think that's what he was doing.

05-09-08, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever""
I thought this was a great episode. *gives zombs the stink-eye*

1. Locke's mom reminded me of Reese Witherspoon.

2. Anyone ever notice how prominent rain is in Locke's life? Mom runs out into rain and gets hit by car. Alpert visits Locke for first time when it's raining. Locke seems to be able to sense when it is going to rain on the island.

3. Alpert's testing of Locke was quite interesting. I wonder what was in that bottle. Was it soil from the island? I definitely think that Locke has been fighting his destiny for his entire life. The drawing of the smoke monster was tres cool.

4. Ben is really playing up his weakness as a leader; yet, that does not match up with the flashforward Ben. Methinks Ben isn't quite as weak as he appears.

5. The cabin encounter was interesting. I think that the island/Jacob is manifesting itself as Christian, as it did last night as Horace and at other times as Boone, Walt, etc.

6. I can't explain Claire, but I'm not thinking she's dead. That doesn't fit with the psychic's claim that she has to raise Aaron. Maybe the island was manifesting as her as well.

7. WTF was that thing on the bad dood's arm? It looked like a kill-switch for a bomb, but that doesn't make sense. He can't kill everyone as a suicide bomber.

8. If I were Jack and something fell out of a helicopter, I would have run the other way. But that's what makes Jack so hateable as a character at times: he does the opposite of what is smart.

9. I'm waiting to see the Others at the Temple. That will be cool.

Bunnies eat nerds.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-08, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Sorry Zombs"
I agree with MRC, I loved this episode. I think these flashbacks were the most interesting yet! I agree Locke is a scientist and has been fighting it all his life.

1. me too!
2. Yep, I noticed that. He's the original Rainman.
3. I thought it was soil from the island.
4. Ben is acting his part, he's waiting for his time to be the leader again.
5. I agree.
6. I think Claire is dead, died when the house fell on her. Which is why whatshisface kept staring at her.
7. I thought it was a kill switch too.
8. *giggle*
9. Temple? Did I miss something in the preview?

05-09-08, 09:40 AM (EST)
12. "No problem!"
Oh I knew I would be in the minority! I just found the actual episode story a bit boring yet at the same time trying to pass off stuff as shocking stuff.

I'm a big fan of little nuggets and not so huge reveals. Which actually this episode had quite a few of but not what according to the soundtrack wanted us to see. Does that make sense?

Regarding Claire. The more I think about it the more confused I get. On one hand her "house"(tent on the beach) was detroyed again by the helicopter drop indicating she could be truly dead. Yet somehow I don't think she is dead. I just can't jump on that bandwagon yet. I will say it certainly leans towards her being dead.

I don't think that was Jacob in the cabin. Or Jacob is in trouble. Christian was not wearing white shoes. I don't know what that means.

Locke's mother did look like Reese in Pleasantville. Car crashes are a very major plot point in this story. I did not get a good look at the car in this case but I wonder if it was the same as the others.

Almost everyone has something to do with a car crash at some point in their story. Claire's mother was killed in a crash too right? I think they were hinting at a parallel between Locke, Claire and Jack.

05-09-08, 09:47 AM (EST)
15. "RE: No problem!"
The one thing that keeps me from buying Claire's death is Desmond's vision of her getting on the helicopter. Of course, maybe she's dead when she's on the copter, so who knows?

Tribefied

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-10-08, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: No problem!"
I don't think that was Jacob in the cabin. Or Jacob is in trouble. Christian was not wearing white shoes. I don't know what that means.

I agree. Christian has been dressed very differently with each of his children. With Claire he looks like what the Others used to look like...dirty, torn clothes. With Jack he has his jazzy white shoes. Is it significant or is it just that Jacob can minifest himself as he is percieved.

Or is it really Jacob? I felt like he was baiting John. They way he said "that is exactly right" when John replied that he had been chosen. Creepy!

bouncey by Ice

05-09-08, 09:43 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Sorry Zombs"
6. I think Claire is dead, died when the house fell on her. Which is why whatshisface kept staring at her.

So Claire is the Wicked Witch? That actually makes sense when I think about Miles' gift. Hmm.

Darlton has promised to address the Temple and four-toed statue at some point. I'm hoping it's soon.

Tribefied

05-09-08, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Sorry Zombs"
Miles! That's his name. Yes he can see/talk/whatever with the dead, so that would explain why he kept staring at Claire.

Back up, Darlington? That's a race track.

05-09-08, 10:13 AM (EST)
17. "Just wondering"
Could Aaron be "dead" or could he be one that can't be killed like Locke?

Remember in Season 1 Claire could not feel him move for awhile until Jin gave her some urchin? All this time we keep thinking that Claire is marked, houses getting destroyed, kidnapped but maybe some force is really trying to kill Aaron.

05-09-08, 11:26 AM (EST)
19. "RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever""
I was just thinking about way back- why did the Others want Walt and why were they testing him once they took him?

Syren 2007

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-09-08, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever""
>I was just thinking about way
>back- why did the Others
>want Walt and why were
>they testing him once they
>took him?
>
>
>Syren 2007

How soon we all forget about Walt.

tjcrew 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-09-08, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tjcrew Click to send private message to tjcrew Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever""
"I can't explain Claire, but I'm not thinking she's dead. That doesn't fit with the psychic's claim that she has to raise Aaron. "

I have thought for a long time that what the psychic said was not "Don't let him be raised by another" but instead, " Don't let him be raised by an Other". Maybe that is why he is off the island and she is not regardless whether she is dead or not

05-09-08, 02:09 PM (EST)
22. "RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever""
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-08 AT 02:11 PM (EST)

Someone posted the transcript and the psychic doesn't say "Don't let him be raise by another" and was something like "Only you can raise him."

Found it. Although it looks like it was posted to you in that thread too.

05-09-08, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tjcrew Click to send private message to tjcrew Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever""
I hadn't been over to that other post in a while. Any idea where you get the transcript? Also, does anyone remember the episode (which season and which title) this happened in? this is not at all like I remember it and want to go back and re-watch the episode!!

05-09-08, 02:40 PM (EST)
24. "RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever""
If you clicked on my link, the link to the transcription was in there.

05-09-08, 03:16 PM (EST)
27. "RE: 5/8/08- "Cabin Fever""
Sorry Breezy- I wasn't clear. I did click and see it, but what I am asking, is where did they get it? Can you buy copies of the script somewhere?

Chez 670 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-08, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Zodiac"
That Zodiac Sayid rode off on was awfully small. I don't see how he could fit more than maybe 3 more people on it. How will they ever get all the Oceanic 6 in there? Assuming that is the way they get off the island.

maroonclowns mom 1102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-09-08, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maroonclowns%20mom Click to send private message to maroonclowns%20mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Zodiac"

I think pregnant Sun will go for sure.

05-10-08, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Alpert and Abaddon"
Finally we get to see yummuy, yummy Richard Alpert again. Locke obviously does not recognize Richard but I believe that Richard had alluded to the fact that they had been waiting for him when he initially "joined" the others. Remember, it was Richard who convinced John to use Sawyer as his henchman.

Abaddon is another mystery. We know he works for Widmore because he assembled the team for the freighter. He questioned Hurley about who else was on the Island. Yet, he was helping John to discover his destiny.

Could Alpert and Abaddon be equals\rivals? Like Ben\Widmore and Jack\John. Could their role be to enhance game play?

bouncey by Ice

05-10-08, 09:49 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Alpert and Abaddon"
I think that Abaddon might not be working for Widmore. We know he assembeled the 4 that are on the island plus Naomi but we don't really know for sure he is working for Widmore.

I think that Alpert and Abaddon are "higher" ups than Ben and Widmore. Maybe angels of devil and God.

I definately think Ben is playing John though. Yet again Locke falls for it. Ben is making Locke think he thought of things just as Locke is doing to Hurley.

05-10-08, 09:31 AM (EST)
32. "Emily"
Girl had spunk before she got all crazy.

Coincidence that both Ben and John had a mother named Emily? What are the chances of that? I know that one died during childbirth and one did not, but this is Lost.

bouncey by Ice

05-11-08, 10:59 AM (EST)
34. "Haha"
I am too into this show. I had a dream last night and it was about Lost.

I dreamt that we had to move the island(I was a Lostie) and we went underground and there were the giant hamster wheels and we had to run on them. Then after we moved it we went back up and it was in a cold location. I got to wear a Dharma jacket.

Then I dreamt that I lost all my teeth.

Meemo 3517 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-11-08, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Meemo Click to send private message to Meemo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "Did we know this?"
I'm tripping over myself trying to keep up with everything on this show.

Did we know that Widmore is part of Dharma?

It was a small detail, but the second manifesto was pulled from the safe by whats-his-name (and the captain), it bore a Dharma logo.

I don't have the vidcap to back that up, but it was another subtle-yet-obvious hint they dropped.

Half man, half amazing, all DAW

05-11-08, 05:49 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Did we know this?"
Did we know that Widmore is part of Dharma?

I guessed that Widmore was part of Dharma since he said that he was there before Ben was. Or, I think Widmore could be one of the Hanso's. You know how the Island keeps you alive and doesn't let you age. If he was on the Island before Ben, he IS someone we have heard of before.

Good catch about the Dharma logo...I will go rewatch.

bouncey by Ice

05-13-08, 12:10 PM (EST)
38. "Thing on bad dude's arm"
Co worker and I think it's a pulse trigger, if his pulse stops the trigger goes off. Not sure if it's a bomb for the island or boat or maybe it just sends a signal to Dharma that he's dead.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •