The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Part 1-There's No Place Like Home"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-15-08, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Part 1-There's No Place Like Home"
Another Wizard of Oz reference?

So excited! I guess we get to see how the O6 came to be and how they get off.

One other thing...I have been reading the Lost archives here. So far I am still on Season 1 but it funny to read what we originally thought. A lot of the same questions. Also funny that we were still trying to remember character names. We called some of them Surfer Guy(Boone I think), Bald Guy, Bad ##### Guy, Big Guy, Asian couple.

It's fun to read to see what maybe we should be looking for again. Also anyone remember the Driveshaft website? The online diary?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 5/15 episode guide blacknwhitedog 05-15-08 1
   RE: 5/15 episode guide CTgirl 05-15-08 2
 RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Ho... trigirl 05-16-08 3
   RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Ho... cycles2k 05-16-08 5
       RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Ho... michel 05-16-08 26
 RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Ho... cycles2k 05-16-08 4
   RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Ho... Breezy 05-16-08 7
       RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Ho... Chez 05-16-08 19
           I have a bad feeling moonbaby 05-16-08 28
   Great Points zombiebaby 05-16-08 8
       RE: Great Points Breezy 05-16-08 10
 RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Ho... zombiebaby 05-16-08 6
   RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Ho... Breezy 05-16-08 9
       RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Ho... zombiebaby 05-16-08 11
   RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Ho... Ahtumbreez 05-16-08 12
       RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Ho... zombiebaby 05-16-08 13
           RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Ho... blacknwhitedog 05-16-08 14
               RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Ho... CTgirl 05-16-08 23
       RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Ho... trigirl 05-16-08 20
           RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Ho... Ahtumbreez 05-19-08 32
       RE: left behind? gatortod 05-16-08 21
 RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Ho... blacknwhitedog 05-16-08 15
   RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Ho... Breezy 05-16-08 16
 RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Ho... mrc 05-16-08 17
 Hey, Zombs! mrc 05-16-08 18
   RE: Hey, Zombs! zombiebaby 05-16-08 24
       RE: Hey, Zombs! mrc 05-16-08 25
 RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Ho... CTgirl 05-16-08 22
   RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Ho... michel 05-16-08 27
       One More Thing CTgirl 05-17-08 29
           Only One? I have a thousand! michel 05-17-08 30
               Thousands... CTgirl 05-18-08 31
 RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Ho... zombiebaby 05-19-08 33
 RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Ho... warp_core breach 05-19-08 34
 RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Ho... michel 05-22-08 35
 Podcast - May 19th trigirl 05-23-08 36
 RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Ho... SenecaTurtle 05-30-08 37

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-08, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "5/15 episode guide"
hidden text:

83. There's No Place Like Home (1)
First aired: 5/15/2008 Production Code: 412
The confrontation between the survivors and the freighter people begins.

Writer: Damon Lindelof, Carlton Cuse
Director: Stephen Williams
Guest star: Anthony Azizi (Omar), Kevin Durand (Keamy), Jeff Fahey (Frank Lapidus), L. Scott Caldwell (Rose Henderson Nadler), Nestor Carbonell (Richard Alpert) , Byron Chung (Mr. Paik), June Kyoko Lu (Mrs. Paik), Lillian Hurst (Carmen Reyes), Cheech Marin (David Reyes), Veronica Hamel (Margo Shephard), Michelle Forbes (Karen Decker), Susan Duerden (Carole Littleton), Noah Craft (Hendricks), Andrea Gabriel (Nadia)

again VERY interesting guest stars!

is it true there is no episode next week?

created by tribephyl 2005

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-08, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 5/15 episode guide"
Very interesting guest stars, especially the last one.

No episode next week cuz of Grey's Anatomy 2 hour finale. The following week will be the 2 hour Lost finale.

Setup by Tribe

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-16-08, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Home"
Thank goodness for the Newfies... get to watch LOST in the Atlantic time zone now. It's on at 7:00...don't have to wait for that yucky 10:00 start.

How amazing is Sun. Love.Love.Love.

Poor Jack. I do feel bad for him.

Do you think that moving the island involves doing some magnetic mumbo jumbo so that the bearings are all different? What is Ben's plan.

bouncey by Ice

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-16-08, 01:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Home"
Do you think that moving the island involves doing some magnetic mumbo jumbo so that the bearings are all different?

Well obviously they are going to use a quantum mechanical phase modulating machine to tilt the island along its seventh dimensional phi axi thereby causing a minor probability phase inconsistency which transports the space-time continuum to a time and place of Jacob's choosing. How on Earth did you think they were going to move it?

(Kidding of course TriGirl)

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-08, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Home"
"How on Earth did you think they were going to move it?"

Ben said it was unpredictable so I wouldn't assume that it will remain on earth.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-08, 01:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Home"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-08 AT 01:57 AM (EST)

Great episode. No major reveals but a few minor reveals to give us something to talk about by the water cooler.

The shocked look on the faces of the Oceanic six during the flight was excellent.

I loved the scene from the preview with the plane doors opening. It reminded me of Close Encounters.

Kate had nobody to welcome her. I really felt for her. There are times that I think she is just on the show for sex appeal. Then I see her playing the tragic heroin role and realize that it she is more than just a pretty face.

Sayid had nobody either, but Hurley's mom welcomed him home. Tragedy averted.

Hand up, anyone who didn't know that Jack would run off half cocked. Other hand up, anyone who didn't know that Sawyer would get all huffy and go along with Jack. Some good one liners from Sawyer.

Sun did the old "I loved him so much I bought the company" bit. It made no sense that a settlement would be big enough for that so I found it a little disappointing.

Did I see Rose standing on the island when the dingy left with Sun, Jin, Aaron and a few "red shirts"? Where was Bernard? I'm still convinced that Rose is very important to the island but it may be wishful thinking.

Desmond didn't look surprised when Sun got off the raft with the baby. Did he lie to Charlie about his vision of Claire and her baby getting on the chopper?

Ben was, once again, excellent.

Richard is back again. Don't know what it means.

Why won't Faraday just tell the Losties what is going on? He doesn't seem evil enough to have anything to hide? I hope that his behavior is more than just something to add to the suspense.

The last two minutes of the show were annoying. Everyone had that something-big-is-about-to-happen-but-too-bad-you-have-to-wait-two-whole-weeks-to-find-out-what look. Actually it was well done but I was just annoyed because I knew I had to wait two whole weeks to find out what happens.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-08, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Home"
Did I see Rose standing on the island when the dingy left with Sun, Jin, Aaron and a few "red shirts"? Where was Bernard? I'm still convinced that Rose is very important to the island but it may be wishful thinking. I always forget about Rose! I think you're right though, she's meant for the island.

Desmond didn't look surprised when Sun got off the raft with the baby. Did he lie to Charlie about his vision of Claire and her baby getting on the chopper? I wondered that too. Why no question about why Sun had the baby and where was Claire?

Ben was, once again, excellent. That man is an exceptional actor.

I want to know how the six get off the island! Right now they're all in different places. Sun is on the freight, Hurly is with Ben and Kate, Jack and Sayid are running through the jungle. So how do they all get back to being together?

Chez 670 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-08, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Home"

>I want to know how the
>six get off the island!
>Right now they're all in
>different places. Sun is
>on the freight, Hurly is
>with Ben and Kate, Jack
>and Sayid are running through
>the jungle. So how
>do they all get back
>to being together?
>

Actually, Sun is on the freighter, Hurley is with Ben and Locke, Kate and Sayid are captured by the Others, and Jack and Sawyer are in the jungle.

And how does it happen that the survivors on the freighter including Jin and the others, don't get saved as part of the O6?

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-08, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "I have a bad feeling "
what with those explosives all over the place. I hate to think it but I am guessing the freighter is going to go KABOOM, taking quite a few lives in the process.

05-16-08, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Great Points"
Kate had nobody to welcome her. I really felt for her. There are times that I think she is just on the show for sex appeal. Then I see her playing the tragic heroin role and realize that it she is more than just a pretty face.

I agree. Sometimes I jump on the hate Kate bandwagon because her involvment in the Triangle. But that was pretty sad last night when she got off. She did a good job conveying that lost look.

Hurley pulling Sayid in was just so true to character.

Sun did the old "I loved him so much I bought the company" bit. It made no sense that a settlement would be big enough for that so I found it a little disappointing.

I thought this was pretty kick #####! She can be scary and sometimes is very much like her father. I disagree about the settlement not being enough money though. I think it was established that they were paid hugely! Remember Sayid playing golf at the extremely exclusive golf club? Oceanic is covering up big time if they had the money to recreate a plane crash(if that is what they did).

I did however first think that it was Ben who Paik was talking about with all the banks.

Did I see Rose standing on the island when the dingy left with Sun, Jin, Aaron and a few "red shirts"? Where was Bernard? I'm still convinced that Rose is very important to the island but it may be wishful thinking.

I did not see that but good catch. I still am so curious as to how we get the O6. Right now they are all separated into 3 groups of 2. I agree about Rose/Bernard too. Just goes with the black/white theme too. Maybe they symbolize something.

Desmond didn't look surprised when Sun got off the raft with the baby. Did he lie to Charlie about his vision of Claire and her baby getting on the chopper?

Another excellent point. I did not even think of that. I think it looks more and more like Desmond lied. Or maybe something has changed since that vision. We don't even know what happens to Desmond.

05-16-08, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Great Points"
I agree, I'm sure the settlement was more then enough to buy a controlling interest. She didn't have to buy all the shares, just enough so she had 51%.

05-16-08, 08:18 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Home"
Fantastic.

1. That could have played like a movie last night. Wonderfully filmed. I would even be happy if that was the season ending. What a cliffhanger!

2. I loved how they showed the 6 coming home. Who would have thought we would get those shots in the middle of the whole series? I admit it. I was crying. I cried for Kate and Sayid.

3. Sayid and Nadia's reunion? So sad especially knowing what happens. I liked how they always had her with him in the other scenes. It almost looked like she "knew" what was up with them.

4. It also seemed to imply that the 6 in the beginning did get their dreams fulfilled in someway. Kate got her charges resolved, Hurley got the finished car from his Dad, Sun got out from under her father's thumb, Sayid found Nadia...what did Jack get?

5. Very interesting how Jack is handling everything. He is the one who is lying for some reason with the least bit of remorse.

6. Loved the Claire reveal. I felt a little catch in my throat when Jack realized it too. He can't tell her mother that he knew her or that Aaron was her grandson.

7. I'm still curious about why they said 8 survived.

8. I'm pretty convinced Jin is dead. Or at least that Sun thinks he is. Who is the ohter person she holds responsible?

9. I totally got fooled by the whispers and the coconut.

10. I also forgot about Micheal! Loved that scene with Jin and Sun. Is he who she holds responsible?

11. Ben. Oh how we knew you were not resigned to not going down in defeat!

This was definately an action episode. Not much to "decipher", just straight up moving the story along and boy did it go fast. I loved how pretty much every character was involved.

05-16-08, 08:25 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Home"
I think Sun blames Widmore? Or maybe Keeney? If he blows up the freighter with Jin on it.

05-16-08, 08:32 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Home"
See my first reaction was closer to home. I thought she meant Jack. I sensed tension between them at the press conference and on the plane.

Also they were right about those flashbacks/forwards. I think the island parts were the flashbacks because of the whoosh placement. But it just did not matter in this episode.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-08, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Home"
Kate also has Aaron as her family, something I think she craves.

And what about the numbers on Hurley's odometer! I think he knows "it" has finished with them.

I think Oceanic is owned by Widmore. So part of the settlement is hush money, but why do they all agree to it?

Loved the Claire reveal also.

The Six HAS to think the others are dead. These six would not leave the others behind. This is the story I'm anxious for!

What's the date on the island? Anyone know?

05-16-08, 09:40 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Home"
The press conference said they were on the island for 108(!) days. However we don't really know the date since that episode where they showed the calendar on the freighter.

05-16-08, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Home"
it must be late December- Sayid & Desmond called Penny on Christmas Eve

Aaron has to be the biggest 5 week old baby anyone has ever seen!

Ha- I finally realized that Decker woman from Oceanic was Ensign Ro from Star Trek TNG.

Syren 2007

05-16-08, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Home"
The Decker woman was also on 24. It bothered me until I could remember where I'd seen her before!

05-16-08, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Home"
The Six HAS to think the others are dead. These six would not leave the others behind. This is the story I'm anxious for!

I don't think so. I think that they are protecting those left behind. Remember Hurley and Ghost Charlie talking about going back for the others or something to that effect. Also, when Jack was getting mad at Kate over Sawyer, he said 'he made his choice' not 'oh too bad your ex-luver is dead'.

What I want to know is if all these six intented to leave or somehow do they get caught out in a dingy when the Island gets moved.

bouncey by Ice

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-08, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Home"
Oh, I love your thought on the 6 are adrift while the island is moved.

I just can't figure out how they get THOSE 6 together since Sun is already on the freighter, etc.

I agree now that they don't believe they're dead. Good points, guys. I would just think Jack would be rash enough to go back, regardless.

Agman took me to the islands

gatortod 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-16-08, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gatortod Click to send private message to gatortod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: left behind?"

>
>The Six HAS to think the
>others are dead. These
>six would not leave the
>others behind. This is
>the story I'm anxious for!
>

At the end of Season 3, Jack (in full beard) mutters something about going back to the island to get people. I think they know some people are left on the island.

We know that Sayid runs into Ben in the future. I do not remember Sayid being surprised to see Ben alive.

05-16-08, 11:01 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Home"
OK so the freighter is rigged with explosives- is that what is tied to the pulse detonator on Keemy's arm? Looks like all the others are back from the Temple with Richard- there to rescue Ben?

The Kate moment was very sad- no family. I forgot about Jack's mother. So Claire's mother recovered? That seems remarkable.
Doesn't she know Claire was preggers? I know she was in a coma but Claire told her.

I always think what are they feeding that baby is Claire is not there to nurse him?

Sun was fierce!

Syren 2007

05-16-08, 11:24 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Home"
Claire was bottle feeding him at the fire, I'm sure the Other compound had formula.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-08, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Home"
If any of you ever get the chance to see Jimmy Kimmel interview the Lost actors, you should watch. Jimmy is a big fan, and he asks good questions. His interview with Evangeline Lilly earlier this week was hilarious!

As for the episode, I had to keep in mind that this was really only the first hour of a three-hour finale:

1. Those reporters seemed unnaturally suspicious at the news conference.

2. It certainly seems that Bad Freighter Dude has set it up so that if something happens to him, the freighter goes "boom"!

3. The scene with Claire's mom was the best of the night.

4. Ben has a plan; I wonder what it is. He didn't exactly tell Locke what to do once he got on the elevator and made it to the real Orchid Station.

5. I want to see the Temple!

6. I don't see how the O6 get together in order to get off of the island.

Tribefied

05-16-08, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Hey, Zombs!"
At least we were smaht enough to start watching this show, even if we didn't know what was happening.

Bunnies eat nerds.

05-16-08, 03:17 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Hey, Zombs!"
DH and I are going to start to rewatch Season 1 in the offseason. Maybe recheck all the websites too. I miss seeing a lot of the people who used to post over here!

*sniff* Augie, Swami.

A PhoenixMons Creation

Did you wake up late today? What took you so long to get here? Long lines at The Orchid?

05-16-08, 04:06 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Hey, Zombs!"

Bunnies eat nerds.
A grade appeal, faculty meetings, and pasta primavera kept me away longer than I wanted. BTW, I completely disagree with your Fantasia love, but I'll overlook it this time.

05-16-08, 01:25 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Home"
This was a great episode. It had me on the edge of my seat and engaged me more than any other episode this season. I love when Lost is character driven.

The Oceanic 6 sure didn’t look very happy to be back home at first. You could just feel the huge secret they were carrying back hovering over them on the airplane.

I love the hard-ass side of Sun! But unfortunately I think that Jin is dead because of the comment she made to her Dad (I hold you responsible…If he’s not and she knows he’s not, she’s even more bad ass to play with him like that!). I’m guessing that if Keamy blows up the ship that means that Desmond and Michael could perish too along with Jin and the other Losties that were on the boat and only Sun and Aaron survive?? There could be a lot of deaths in this finale, and if there are, it makes me wonder if they are leading parallel lives some how, and that some who “died” are alive in the end.

Hurley hearing the whispering like on the island freaked me out. And the odometer numbers was freaky too. Between that and his parents not understanding what he went through, no wonder Hurley ends up back in the asylum. We know he takes at least one ride in his car!

Loved the scene with Jack and Claire’s mom. You could just see all the thought’s running through his head as she was talking and he couldn’t say a thing. If Claire’s still alive that would make hero Jack feel even more guilty and want to go back.

I have no clue how they’re going to “move” the island but you know Ben has a plan, he always does. That side of Ben is always fun to see.

Setup by Tribe

05-16-08, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Home"
"but you know Ben has a plan, he always does."

I was thinking: Ben is alone and unarmed and the commando members have assault rifles pointed at his head. They don't stand a chance!

SO! They spent 108 days on the island? Interesting number, no? How many days between the current episode and the press conference?

05-17-08, 12:19 PM (EST)
29. "One More Thing"
Daniel had notes in his journal on The Orchid. How did he have that information? Had he time-traveled there before?

I don't think we know the exact date or the exact number of days, but 108 is one of those numbers that keeps reappearing (it's the sum of Hurley's lottery numbers and it's every 108 minutes that the button needed to be pushed among other things...)

05-17-08, 02:22 PM (EST)
30. "Only One? I have a thousand!"
The Orchid seems to be a key station as far as the forces surrounding the island are concerned. I figured Widmore had that info from Dharma and since Daniel was the scientific envoy, he'd have been told about it.

Maybe there is more to it. I still haven't figured that expedition that Daniel and Charlotte took to a station, when Jack thought they were about to torch the island but that they went to prevent Ben from doing it.

The more I think of it, I see Jack as the guy who thinks he knows everything but is always wrong while Locke is the guy who knows nothing but turns out to be always right. It's kind of the opposite of what you'd expect; Jack being the man of science and Locke, the man of faith. And Sawyer is trapped in another triangle, always forced to help them both.

05-18-08, 02:26 PM (EST)
31. "Thousands..."
Good point about Jack and Locke, and they've both had the opposite characteristics in the past. You could say that Jack was briefly a man of faith after he performed the miracle operation on his ex. Last week we learned that Locke was a science geek in high school but he didn't want to be known for it.

John's "faith" has the connection with the island though (and his crippled spine was cured while Jack's appendix was allowed to burst) and guides him to making the right choices. And then there's Ben, who believed in the island and rose to power and then developed a tumor. A man of faith or of science or just a schemer?!

05-19-08, 05:44 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Home"
LAST EDITED ON 05-19-08 AT 06:12 PM (EST)

According to Dark UFO the "There's No Place Like Home-Part 1" podcast included details of cut scenes from the episode.

One of these included who the other 3 that survived were. I avoid spoilers but if these were in the cut scenes then I guess they are not really spoilers. I thought that the other's might be significant because they kept mentioning them. But I was wrong.

I will put them here far enough down in case anyone considers these spoilers. Invisible text.

Anyway here they are:

Jack mentions Charlie Pace, Boone Carlyle and Libby as three initial survivors who ultimately perished, adding that Libby suffered a head injury and memory loss that prevented everyone from learning her surname.

My one thought that might jive with these is that the 6 plus these where just plucked from wherever they were when the island moved. So it did not matter where they all where. *shrugs* who knows!

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-19-08, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail warp_core%20breach Click to send private message to warp_core%20breach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Home"
Great episode! Too bad we have to wait 2 weeks until the next episode.

Question about Claire's mom. Wasn't she in a coma and with basically no hope of recovery? All of a sudden she's recovered just in time to reveal to Jack that Claire is his sister, otherwise, how else would he find out?

Siggie courtesy of Seana

05-22-08, 12:28 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Home"
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-08 AT 12:30 PM (EST)

I saw the replay of the previous episode again as it was replayed yesterday. I know someone mentioned that a nice hospital wouldn't have battery operated smoke detector but I found it amusing that Jack saw his father after the smoke detector went off. Remember how we imagined that all the visions on the island were somehow involved with the smoke monster, maybe even created by it?
Smokey would set off a detector!

Was it a hint or are they just playing with us?

05-23-08, 11:53 AM (EST)
36. "Podcast - May 19th"
Some stuff that Darlton mentioned in the Podcast:

- ABC will be reshowing Part 1 before Part 2,3 of the finale. There will be an extended scene at the press conference.

- We will see more of the "orchid" video that was floating around last summer.

- Keamey is truly a bad guy and is played by a Canadian commedian. go figure!

- If you travelled through the centre of the earth from South Pacific you would arrive in Tunisia. Worm hole, perchance? Darlton says that is intriguing but that some of the theories out there are incorrect.

- They were vague about who Abaddon worked for. Is it Ben, Widomore or some other person whom we have yet to meet.

- Jack's suicide attempt was "stopped" by the island. The Island does indeed cause a "Highlander" effect..minus the head chopping.

- They both love the finale. Guess they had to say that.

This is the last podcast until ComiCon. boo hoo!

bouncey by Ice

SenecaTurtle 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-30-08, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SenecaTurtle Click to send private message to SenecaTurtle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Part 1-There's No Place Like Home"
In the extended version of this episode, Jack stated that 8 of them were left. He identified the other 3 as Boone Carlyle, who died of internal injuries; Libby who died from head injuries and Charlie Pace who drowned a few weeks before being rescued. Why did they pick those three to mention out of everyone that survived? What was significant about those 3? Why mention any other survivors as well.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •