The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jack's Appendectomy Scar"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

cabmom 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-16-08, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cabmom Click to send private message to cabmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jack's Appendectomy Scar"
I couldn't find if this had been addressed before and it's been driving me nuts for weeks now. Since I didn't tape the episode with the Jack and Kate flashback, when Jack had his appendix removed, I can't go back and look. I seem to remember, though, that in the beginning of the episode, when Jack is walking around the house in a towel, he doesn't have a scar (It should have been obvious since it was a large incision and last night it was bleeding indicating it probably opened). There have been several times when a scene has focused on the fact that he had an appendectomy, when Juliet was sewing up the incision, a couple of times he's clutched his side and last night with the bleeding and oozing. Plus the fact that he needed his appendix removed (kind of an odd thing to put in) and there was no mention last night about it, though they did ask Kate what it was like to deliver a baby in the jungle. One would think that minor surgery (who did it? how did it happen?) would be of some interest to the reporters. Anyway if this has been addressed, please guide me to the spot. If not, could someone check their recording to see if he has a scar?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jack's Appendectomy Scar cycles2k 05-18-08 1
   Screencaps zombiebaby 05-18-08 2
       RE: Screencaps cycles2k 05-19-08 3
           RE: Screencaps blacknwhitedog 05-19-08 4
               RE: The Scar. cycles2k 05-24-08 8
                   RE: The Scar. weltek 05-30-08 9
       RE: Screencaps cabmom 05-19-08 5
 RE: Jack's Appendectomy Scar trigirl 05-21-08 6
   RE: Jack's Appendectomy Scar SenecaTurtle 05-21-08 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-18-08, 02:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jack's Appendectomy Scar"
I remember wondering the same thing. The surgery was done in a shack by a research doctor and Jack was not exactly a well behaved patient. It would have left a nasty scar that would be almost impossible to hide from rescuers and from curious reporters.

Perhaps the island "cured" Jack's scar the way it cured John Locke and Rose.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-18-08, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Screencaps"
There are screencaps (on DarkUFO I recall) from "Something Nice back Home" that shows Jack's scar. It wsa when he was in the towel after just waking up. What was odd about those shots was not that there was a scar there but that Jack was clean shaven on his whole torso.

People are speculating whether that was a show choice or if the actor just had a role coming up where he needed to be bare. However earlier we are shown Juliet specifically shaving him so I think it is meant to be questioned.

Other specs include Jack "becoming" Sawyer. From his using Sawyer's lines "son of a #####", clean shaven and general attitude. Likewise Sawyer seems to be channeling Jack now.

But the scar is there.

A PhoenixMons Creation

05-19-08, 03:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Screencaps"
Interesting on the screen caps. I wonder why nobody questioned Jack about it? The incision was bleeding or leaking in the last episode and the writers made sure that we knew that about it. That alone implies relevance.

Jack would almost certainly have been examined by a doctor before boarding the plane to Honolulu. A scar from a recent surgery would have been noticed unless it had faded enough that Jack could claim that it was from an old appendectomy.

It is another Lost mystery to add to an already long list of Lost mysteries.

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-08, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Screencaps"
well we know people heal and recover very quickly on the island

Syren 2007

05-24-08, 02:59 PM (EST)
8. "RE: The Scar. "
Well you can't just dismiss it as people heal quickly on the island. The island cures some people but it has not done much for Jack. He developed appendicitis and required the surgery. His incision started leaking or bleeding in the last episode. Unless something changes, we know that Jack will be leaving the island quickly anyway and it is in pretty bad shape.

It has had a little too much camera time to be irrelevant.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-08, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Scar. "
I agree-there is significance in all of this. It's just not making sense quite yet, but we are close. Do they all get a "do over" to go back to the island and make things different? Were we seeing ANOTHER flash forward from AFTER they go back a second time?

-A Shamrocktastic SharTribe Creation!

cabmom 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-19-08, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cabmom Click to send private message to cabmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Screencaps"
Thanks for the reply. That clears up one mystery for me. Only a zillion more to go! I love this show!

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-21-08, 07:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jack's Appendectomy Scar"
People are speculating whether that was a show choice or if the actor just had a role coming up where he needed to be bare. However earlier we are shown Juliet specifically shaving him so I think it is meant to be questioned.

Darlton mention on the Mother's Day podcast that we were supposed to notice the cleanly shaven Jack. Not sure why...but it was the show's choice.

bouncey by Ice

SenecaTurtle 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-21-08, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SenecaTurtle Click to send private message to SenecaTurtle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jack's Appendectomy Scar"
LAST EDITED ON 05-21-08 AT 11:36 AM (EST)

Darlton mention on the Mother's Day podcast that we were supposed to notice the cleanly shaven Jack. Not sure why...but it was the show's choice.

Maybe they knew people would be looking for the scar and it made it easier to see if Jack was clean shaven. Or maybe there is less resistance when traveling through the time portal thingy if you shave off all your body hair...lol!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •