The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"May 1st - Something Nice Back Home"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-01-08, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"May 1st - Something Nice Back Home"
I think there are only four episodes left. Whatever will I do? BTW, do you hate the new timeslot as much as I do.

So...this episode is called "Something Nice Back Home". Sounds like a boastful man telling us he's got "something nice waiting for him back home". Who else says that kind of stuff?

Hidden Text: Supposed to be a Jack episode and we will find out why he isn't looking so good.

bouncey by Ice

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back H... LostAddict 05-01-08 1
   RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back H... Ahtumbreez 05-01-08 5
       RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back H... pinksparkleguitar 05-02-08 21
 RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back H... Breezy 05-01-08 2
 RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back H... batts 05-01-08 3
 RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back H... pinksparkleguitar 05-01-08 4
 RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back H... cycles2k 05-02-08 6
   RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back H... Breezy 05-02-08 7
 RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back H... mrc 05-02-08 8
   RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back H... Breezy 05-02-08 9
       RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back H... mrc 05-02-08 10
           RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back H... Breezy 05-02-08 11
           RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back H... weltek 05-02-08 16
 Aaron and Christian Shepherd trigirl 05-02-08 12
   RE: Aaron and Christian Shepherd J Slice 05-02-08 13
       RE: Aaron and Christian Shepherd trshtvjnky 05-02-08 14
       RE: Aaron and Christian Shepherd weltek 05-02-08 17
   RE: Aaron and timeline gatortod 05-02-08 19
 RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back H... The Cake 05-02-08 15
   RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back H... Breezy 05-02-08 18
   RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back H... mrc 05-02-08 20
       RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back H... tjcrew 05-02-08 22
           Claire and the Psychic trigirl 05-02-08 25
   RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back H... Chez 05-02-08 23
 RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back H... TxMom2011 05-02-08 24
   RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back H... trigirl 05-02-08 26
 RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back H... zombiebaby 05-04-08 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LostAddict 420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-01-08, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LostAddict Click to send private message to LostAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back Home"
I can't wait! I'm completely spoiler free for this second half so I'm like a kid at Christmas that has no idea what's under the Christmas tree!

And no, I'm not going to unwrap the presents when my parents are asleep then wrap them back up without them knowing.

Complete surprise that's for sure.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-01-08, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back Home"
LA ~ have they said when they're going to replay it? Stupid tornadoes!

Lost Wipeout (insert musical rendition here) by Zombs

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-02-08, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back Home"
I only got the last 15 or so minutes, when all the tornado warnings had expired for our general area.

Dumb storms.

Sig by Tribe- the real 'Jacob' of the island.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-08, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back Home"
I hate this timeslot with all my being.

Breezy and Brett sitting in a tree...

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-01-08, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back Home"
From the last episode, we know smokie's not dead. He's alive, bigger, and meaner than ever. I'm suspecting that 'Jacob' controls smokie.

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-01-08, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back Home"
Eff.

The one night I get home from class early enough to watch Lost, and we'll most likely be pre-empted all evening for the tornadoes we've got rolling through.

Sig by Tribe- the real 'Jacob' of the island.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-02-08, 01:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back Home - PRETTY GOOD"
Another good episode. Not as good as last week (IMO) but it was still fun to watch.

For some reason this felt like a bit of a filler episode to me. A couple of things were revealed but all in all I thought they were pretty stingy with the info.

Personally I don't care about the romantic interactions between Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Juliette and Ben.

I was starting to wonder if we would ever see Kate fully dressed in the flash forward. Maybe they changed the time slot so that they could show more of her in various states of undress. The scene with the shirt reminded me of the pottery scene from the movie Ghost - but without the pottery.

Hurley's "we're dead" comment was intriguing but the dead theory has already been dismissed. Maybe they did that to introduce some suspense about whether or not Jack would survive the operation.

It was cool how they reminded us that Christian was the father to both Claire and Jack. It was also cool how Jack told Kate that she wasn't even related to Aaron, implying that he knew that Claire was his half sister.

Jack said that Sawyer chose to stay behind as if it that was a less admirable thing to do. Pretty interesting.

The scene at the end with Sawyer, the baby and the rifle was excellent.

05-02-08, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back Home - PRETTY GOOD"
I agree it did feel like a filler episode, but I loved the hints and reminders though.

Jack's comment about Sawyer choosing to stay was very interesting, can't wait to see how that plays out. Did Sawyer stay because he's still searching for Claire?

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-08, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back Home"
This was a good episode for me. I like to be reminded that Lost is actually a show about characters. The mythology and secrets are cool, but the characters are what make the show. I also don't have anything against Jack and Kate, like some peeps. *looks around*

My thoughts:

1. We saw the beginning of Jack's downward spiral, and it was ugly.

2. Is there really a Noreen, and how is she connected to Sawyer? Was the gal he conned named Noreen? What does Kate have to do for Sawyer?

3. It seems that the island is trying to tell Jack something (through his dad), but what? Why can't he raise Aaron?

4. Rousseau is really dead. That sucks.

5. Juliet is pretty cool.

6. I still want to know WTH Faraday and Charlotte are up to.

7. Next week's promo looked way cool. We might learn something more about Jacob. Woo-hoo!

Tribefied
Oh, and Kate looked H.O.T.!

05-02-08, 08:32 AM (EST)
9. "RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back Home"
OK, I'm confused then. I didn't think that was the start of his downward spiral, I thought it was after and it looks like he goes down again. Kate said to him "I'm glad you changed your mind."

05-02-08, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back Home"
I understood Kate's comment to be about Jack's refusal to see Aaron before the trial. They talk after the trial is over, decide to give playing family a whirl, and Jack moves in. Then, in last night's episode, he gets paranoid and starts hitting the bottle and popping the pills. He leaves, gets worse, and we wind up with last season's finale, with Jack contemplating suicide and losing his mind to drugs and alcohol. The last scene of Jack and Kate at the airport is as far into the future as we've gone, at least with them.

That's what I think the chronology looks like, at least.

Bunnies eat nerds.

05-02-08, 09:06 AM (EST)
11. "RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back Home"
Ack! You're right, I can see that timeline now.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-08, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back Home"
Yep-as soon as you said something up there, I was like "Oh yeah, that DOES fit!" Good sleuthing, mrc.

-A Shamrocktastic SharTribe Creation!

05-02-08, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Aaron and Christian Shepherd"
I am beginning to wonder if Aaron plays a much bigger part of this whole mythology than I thought.

If Claire is not supposed to raise him and Jack is not supposed to raise him, who is supposed to raise him. Obviously ghost-daddy isn't too concerned, as long as it is not one of his kids. He took Claire but left Aaron.

Also, maybe Miles' longing looks were not lust for Claire as Sawyer believed but rather had something to do with Aaron.

So what is up with Ghost-Daddy? Several posters speculated that the image we saw in Jacob's cabin last season looked an awful lot like Christian Shepherd. DL and CC said on a podcast that little tidbit was on the right track. What does it mean?

bouncey by Ice

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-08, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Aaron and Christian Shepherd"
IIRC, Claire is supposed to raise lil' Turniphead. And ONLY Claire. Something is gonna go down regarding Aaron. I only wonder what Vincent's role could be.

I'm personally leaning towards Ghost-dad being a manifestation of Smokey (Jacob?) - off-island and shortly before we see Christian, the smoke alarm goes off... On-island, I have this sense that he is merely a form of Jacob walking around.

Proudly making Jack look stupid

trshtvjnky 197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-02-08, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trshtvjnky Click to send private message to trshtvjnky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Aaron and Christian Shepherd"
I'm personally leaning towards Ghost-dad being a manifestation of Smokey (Jacob?) - off-island and shortly before we see Christian, the smoke alarm goes off... On-island, I have this sense that he is merely a form of Jacob walking around.

That is what I thought as well. When Jack saw him sitting in the chair at his office, to me it looked almost exactly like Jacob in the chair.

I also thought Miles looking at Claire was that he was getting the same "psychic" feelings about her and Aaron. The same as the psychic in Australia.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-08, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Aaron and Christian Shepherd"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-08 AT 11:31 AM (EST)

I was trying to remember exactly how Claire's psychic phrased it...does anyone have that info?

ETA: If Claire is the only person that is supposed to raise it, I have no idea WHY, but I can see this taking Jack back to the island, via his father's ghost's insistance to find Claire. Will Hurley return with him? Will they "Go there to die" like Michael?

-A Shamrocktastic SharTribe Creation!

gatortod 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-02-08, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gatortod Click to send private message to gatortod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Aaron and timeline"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-08 AT 12:18 PM (EST)

From another web site, the baseball game/newspaper headline refers to a game played on Oct 1, 2005. Thus, last night's flash forward was on Oct 2, 2005.

Aaron was born around Thanksgiving 2004 on the island. How did he age so rapidly in 11 months?

The Cake 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-02-08, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail The%20Cake Click to send private message to The%20Cake Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back Home"
So Kate said she is doing something for Sawyer, but Sawyer is still on island. Anyone else think that maybe Kate is working for Ben & Ben is making her believe that what she does will help Sawyer on the island? Kind of like what Ben did to Michael & Sayid. I think Ben must know he could never get Jack to do his bidding, but Kate does seem more susceptible.

It looks like with Claire disappearing and all, Sawyer will bring back Aaron to the beach & Kate will look after him. But, they must be rescued soon because otherwise, what is Aaron going to eat? Claire was still breast-feeding him & it is not like the kid is old enough to eat solid food yet. So, the Oceanic six must get picked up by the helicopter in the next couple of episodes otherwise that oversite on feeding a baby is really going to bother me. Also, is Claire going to die or just go missing for a while? Maybe Kate takes Aaron off the island to get him food from the boat along with Jack, Hurley, & Sun. When they leave the island something happens & they can't get back to it? Sayid is already on the boat, so there is your 6. But, what about Desmond. How does he get back to the island?

As always I have too many questions but can't wait to meet Jacob next week & hope to see what happened on the boat after Michael got exposed.

05-02-08, 11:39 AM (EST)
18. "RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back Home"
Claire was bottle feeding Aaron at the fire last night.

05-02-08, 12:21 PM (EST)
20. "RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back Home"
I expected Kate to say that Ben had told her to do something.

Tribefied

tjcrew 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-02-08, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tjcrew Click to send private message to tjcrew Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back Home"
Re what the psychic said to Claire. It has been reported that she said, "Don't let him be raised by another". However, I personally think that is what we were supposed to think that she said, when she actually said, "Don't let him be raised by an other". Course at the time we saw her say this, I am not sure we knew about "the others" yet, so we naturally would have thought she said "another".

Re the bottle or breast- I thought there were several times last night that it was REALLY obvious that this was thrown together quickly after the writer's strike- very poor continuity. Two that I can think of right now- you wouldn't have a home style smoke detector with batteries in it at a nice hospital like that- it would be sprinkler heads with sensors. And the doc that wrote the Rx for Jack, just did one scribble. Would have to be three at least to get Jack's name on it, the drug name and then the doc's signature. Little things that didn't affect the plot, but I could see them goofing up something major with goofing obvious things like this.

And last, when Kate said she was glad Jack changed his mind, I thought she meant changed his mind about leaving the island, but reading these posts, now I am not sure.

05-02-08, 03:47 PM (EST)
25. "Claire and the Psychic"
Link:
Psychic: I can tell you, this is important.
Claire: Okay.
Psychic: It is crucial that you, yourself, raise this child.
Claire: You, you mean with Thomas, is he -
Psychic: No the father of the child will play no part in it’s life, nor yours.
Claire: So what exactly are you saying?
Psychic: This child parented by anyone else, anyone other than you…danger surrounds this baby.
Claire: Danger?
Psychic: Your nature, your spirit, your goodness must be an influence in the development of this child
Claire: Look, if, if Thomas and I don’t, you know, get back together I, I’m putting this baby up for adoption. I just, I just wanted to find out what would give the baby the happiest life.
Psychic: There is no happy life. Not for this child - not without you.
Claire: I don’t...
Psychic: Look, there can’t be another. You mustn’t allow another to raise your baby.

bouncey by Ice

Chez 670 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-02-08, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back Home"
Desmond doesn't have to go back to the island. He could get off and not count as one of the Oceanic 6, as he was not on the flight.

TxMom2011 188 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-02-08, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TxMom2011 Click to send private message to TxMom2011 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back Home"
Maybe Claire is doing something for Sawyers baby, and no he wouldn't want her to tell anyone.

05-02-08, 03:53 PM (EST)
26. "RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back Home"
I just assumed that Kate was doing something for Sawyer's baby too. Remember, Kate and Cassidy met and Cass helped Kate to see her Mom. Is Sawyer's baby named Clementine or did I dream that?

bouncey by Ice

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-08, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: May 1st - Something Nice Back Home"
Real life cold kicking my butt and little DD has been sick as well so I am late to the party here.

I have not perused many Lost sites these past few days since hearing that the last episodes are "heavily spoiled" and are so much that people are letting a lot slip just thinking everyone knows about stuff. So I am probably way off in everything this week.

I apologize in advance if this is long.

1. Definately not a WOW episode but really not bad at all. Lots of nuggets. It was not filler but I think a set up for the finale episode.

2. I thought the flashes were very dreamlike. I am no longer calling them flash forwards or backs now. I know they say the date in most of these but I'm beginning to wonder if that is relevant story wise, maybe only for setting up what is really going on. Time loop theory or some variation of it is making more sense. The continued theme of Alice in Wonderland seems to be something to look at as well. Are the Losties waking up and "reliving" a portion of their lives? Does that explain the eye color changes, prop re-use, similar scenes, connections?

3. Jack is IMHO one of the most intersting characters on primetime, ever. I know the Jack haters far outnumber the lovers. But I still maintain we are not really supposed to "like" Jack. He is incredibly flawed and not meant to be the hero. In fact if he "becomes the hero" I think that spells trouble. It is very creative and risky of the writers I believe to make a character like him the lead.

4. Kate. I just don't like her. I'm wondering if she is really one of the "bad" ones. I also think the writers miss the ball with this triangle. I really don't think the audience cares at all or even half of what they think they care. Sawyer continues to kick a$$.

5. Aaron. That is Moses' brother's name right? I remember discussion of it when he was born. Is there some signifigance of him first being placed in the laundry basket, then being found on a huge leaf? I honestly thought Clare accidently killed him when Keamy was approaching them in the bushes. That would be a very, very dark place to go. I think this episode was a reminder that Aaron is very important.

6. Clare, I'm not sure she is a ghost as I see a lot of theories out there. It would be cool but what of Desmond's vision that she got on the helicopter?

7. I still like to laugh at my theory that men can get pregnant on the island. Anyone notice Jack's love handles in the towel? (Not to mention he was completely clean shaven).

8. I also immediately thought Kate was talking about Sawyer's daughter when she said she had to do a favor but now I'm not so sure. Who ever she was talking to she said she could only stay for an hour. She would not be like that with the baby mama. I also thought it was Ben she was working for and the Sawyer excuse would be a good cover. However, I now lean towards it maybe being Daniel. There have been many weird looks between them on the island. Not that there is an affair but I think she is doing soemthing for him regarding the island that she does not want Jack to know about.

9. C.S. Christian Shepherd. Smoke monster? Jacob? The same? Probably. I'm more curious about the doctor who interupted Jack 2 times when he appeared. I also am leaning towards it being Jack's eye in the cabin that Hurley saw.

10. I have so much more but I am getting woozy again.

A PhoenixMons Creation

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •