The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-07-08, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
""Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
Hmmm...interesting episode title.

Do you think we will get some answers as to who survived the rescue? Or will it confirm that Christian, Charlie etc are truly dead? Or none of the above

Just me or do you prefer Lost on Wednesday night better?

Arkie's Art! He's real and he is looking for you!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 mrc 02-07-08 1
   RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 zombiebaby 02-07-08 2
       RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 Ahtumbreez 02-07-08 3
       RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 mrc 02-07-08 4
       RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 Reddhawk 02-07-08 8
           RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 cycles2k 02-08-08 9
 RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 Ahtumbreez 02-07-08 5
 RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 frodis 02-07-08 6
 RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 batts 02-07-08 7
 RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 zombiebaby 02-08-08 10
 RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 mrc 02-08-08 11
   RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 zombiebaby 02-08-08 12
       RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 mrc 02-08-08 14
           RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 zombiebaby 02-08-08 16
               Ben Shot! zombiebaby 02-08-08 21
                   RE: Ben Shot! dragonflies 02-08-08 25
                       RE: Ben Shot! Breezy 02-08-08 34
                   RE: Ben Shot! mrc 02-08-08 26
 RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 zombiebaby 02-08-08 13
   RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 dragonflies 02-08-08 24
 RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 Ahtumbreez 02-08-08 15
   RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 zombiebaby 02-08-08 17
       RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 mrc 02-08-08 18
           RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 zombiebaby 02-08-08 19
               Admit it mrc 02-08-08 20
       RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 Ahtumbreez 02-08-08 22
           RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 mrc 02-08-08 23
   RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 Ahtumbreez 02-08-08 35
 Faraday blacknwhitedog 02-08-08 27
   Minkowski blacknwhitedog 02-08-08 33
 RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 dajaki 02-08-08 28
   RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 blacknwhitedog 02-08-08 29
   RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 frodis 02-08-08 30
       RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 Corvis 02-08-08 31
           RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08 blacknwhitedog 02-08-08 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-08, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
I like it better on Wednesdays; I have a lot going on on Thursdays.

This episode has been spoiled extensively. I won't give a link, but you can search for it at lost-forum.com.

What is Phil's golf equipment?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-07-08, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
I don't do any! spoilers. They would ruin the show for me. I have no inkling about anything upcoming.

I can't imagine how different the season finale last year would have been had I know about the flash forward. Would have diminished the episode considerably for me.

I like the speculation the most about Lost. Even though it is usally completely out of left field most of the time. That is the fun to me.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-08, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
I try not to do Lost spoilers either, I enjoy the show alot more!

I'm like you zombs, I love the speculation but hate being spoiled. Of course in another context I don't mind being spoiled

Agman took me to the islands

02-07-08, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
Ironically, given the website we're on, I avoid spoilers most of the time as well. I have peeked at Lost spoilers before (Season 2) and regretted it.

I saw the Ep. 2 spoiler thread while trolling the lost-forum.com boards. I wanted so bad to read it, but I would have kicked myself, I think.

So, I'll wait in blissful ignorance for tonight, just like you!

Sigs by Bob about chalk dust. Pretty exciting stuff

Reddhawk 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-07-08, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Reddhawk Click to send private message to Reddhawk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
>I don't do any! spoilers.
>They would ruin the show
>for me. I have
>no inkling about anything upcoming.

Inkling... interesting choice of words Zombiebaby. Anyone catch that the female "rescuer's" name was Charlotte Staples Lewis (C.S. Lewis)?? Another good Lost character name reference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inklings
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C.S._Lewis

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-08-08, 02:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
CS Lewis - I completely missed that one. Good catch.

02-07-08, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
Woohoo just 4 1/2 more hours!!

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-07-08, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
I like Lost better on Wednesdays, too. It makes the wait between episodes seem shorter, somehow. I know, that doesn't make sense.

I wonder if the episode title had something to do with the secret that the Oceanic 6 are keeping.

*hop*

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-07-08, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
Pretty intense episode.

So... What the heck IS the monster? And why hasn't it shown up in the last couple of episodes? I wonder if they killed it when they blew up the Hatch.

The show went off 20 minutes ago, but hasn't aired in some places so I won't mention anything.

Like always, I am looking forward to reading what everyone else noticed in the episode.

02-08-08, 07:32 AM (EST)
10. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
Be back later with more but just had to say when they revealed that Ben was who they were after and showed that picture I cracked up. He looked so completey goofy in it.

02-08-08, 08:02 AM (EST)
11. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
I'm torn over this episode. It didn't grab me like last week. Two things interested me:

1. The peeps are after Ben. DW thinks that the "rescuers" are related to Dharma members who died during the "purge." I expected the "rescuers" to be pretty fierce, but they seem a little Keystone Cop-ish.

2. The look on Ben's face when Hugo mentioned where the cabin was was priceless. He must realize that he and Locke are not the only two who can see it now. That brings up a question: last week, when Hurley looked in the window, an eye looked back at him. It wasn't Jacob, since Jacob was in the chair. I assumed it was Locke, since Locke appeared right after that. But Locke seemed surprised that Hurley mentioned a cabin as well. If it wasn't Locke's eye, then whose eye was it?

I'll bet $10 that Ben's man on the freighter is Michael.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

02-08-08, 08:21 AM (EST)
12. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
I don't know if the guy in the chair is Jacob. Maybe the eye is Jacob and the Christian Shepphard like guy is a manifestation created by Jacob.

I like the Miles character. Do you think his and the physicist guy had flash forwards and the other 2 had flash backs?

I originally thought it was Micheal on the boat but now I'm not so sure. Maybe Mikhail? Walt?

One thing I am starting to feel is that Walt may not be so good.

Psst...I now picture you looking like Ben instead of Gene Wilder. That picture of him just cracks me up!

02-08-08, 08:59 AM (EST)
14. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
Why do you think the other two had flash-forwards? I hadn't thought of that.

Shar-licious
*snort* I'm sure he cracks you up b/c of how cool he looks. That's why you picture me looking like him, right? Or is it my brilliant mind?

02-08-08, 09:43 AM (EST)
16. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
I thought they were very ambiguous. Could have gone either way. Or even like a Desmond time loop thing.

Ben was sporting that groovy look. I can't wait to get a screen cap of it.

02-08-08, 10:15 AM (EST)
21. "Ben Shot!"
LMAO it totally reminds me of you!

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-08, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Ben Shot!"
At first I thought Milo's might be a flash forward, but when he said he didn't know why he was crying, I thought again. It really creeped me out though.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-08, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Ben Shot!"
That was Dan crying, Milo was the ghost dood.

02-08-08, 10:43 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Ben Shot!"
Hmm. I would never wear a shirt with those types of stripes, esp. not under a sweater. The maniacal-looking eyes, however, are *so* me.

02-08-08, 08:33 AM (EST)
13. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
LAST EDITED ON 02-08-08 AT 09:53 AM (EST)

Couple of things:

1. When Sawyer and Team Locke were walking wherever they were going in the tall rushes I immediately thought of the polar bear charging Sawyer in Season 1. I think(not sure) but the next flashback/forward was the Charlotte one in Tunisia. If so very nice callback to the writers on that one.

2. The thing that stuck out to me the most last night was the helicopter pilot saying "I studied the manifest". Why? Who else has said that? Ben told Ethan that right? Coincidence?

I'll still be back with more today! This episode did not grab me right away but the more I ponder it the more I like it.

Edit to add more random things I forgot to mention:

3. What was up with more focus on Vincent this episode? Anvil? Clue?

4. Was it my imagination or was one of the flashback/forward screen locations Essex, Mass. ? Cause then Ben mentioned that Charlotte was from Essex, England. Strange that they would choose the same town name for 2 people?

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-08, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
Wasn't Hurley the one who studied the manifest and determined that Ethan wasn't on it?

I also wondered about the focus on Vincent. Might it be a connection to Walt?

02-08-08, 09:18 AM (EST)
15. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
I watched last weeks again and then the new one.

On the first episode Hurley mentioned that Charlie was by the Ho-Ho's and then when he and Jack was playing Horse basketball they only got to H-O. Why?
And Connect Four again. Why does this game keep showing up?

And lastnight - why a polar bear in the desert? What kind of clue is that.

And Walt - Walt is talking to Locke?

I agree on the Michael being on the boat.

Also, was that picture of Ben at the airport? Remember in Locke's flashback at the airport, Ben was scanning.

Only six more episodes to get some answers *pout

Nice catch on CS Lewis (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - story of the Resurrection, retold).

02-08-08, 09:49 AM (EST)
17. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
Tummmy! According to DarkUFO Strike section some scenes are being filmed now for Lost! They are likely scene setting shots and no actors involved but they intend to get back up quickly if the strike ends this weekend as rumoured.

So if the strike gets settled this weekend I think we will get our full season!

I noticed the Connect 4 game last week too. What four should we connect? People-Locke, Hurley, Ben, Richard? Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Hurley(The Season 2 people on the list)? groups-Dharma, MIttelos, Widmore, Oceanic?

02-08-08, 09:57 AM (EST)
18. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
DarkUFO? I thought you didn't do spoilers? *squints eyes*

02-08-08, 10:00 AM (EST)
19. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
I don't! I go there for the "things I notice" in the episode recap and the Strike section. I do NOT even go to the comment sections for fear of spoilers!

02-08-08, 10:13 AM (EST)
20. "Admit it"
You're DArkUFO, aren't you? Tell me everything!!!!!

What is Phil's golf equipment?

02-08-08, 10:34 AM (EST)
22. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
That would be freaking awesome!

I am so going to miss this show when it's done, though I understand why they have a definitive end time.

They've had Connect 4 more than once. My mind keeps revolving around everyone being interconnected. I can't wait for Jack and Claire to find out they're half-siblings. And I can't remember what the connection was that Shannon and Boone never found out but I hated that they didn't if that makes sense.

And on the Connect Four, how are the four "rescurers" connected? The pilot is connected to 815, the archeoligist is connected to Dharma (flash back to the polar bear with a Dharma collar) the ghost-hunter ? and the other guy ? .

Grrr, this is as bad as cahaya's mind-bender yesterday.

Also, wasn't the cockpit of the plane actually on the island and not in the ocean. Yet the footage was showing what looked like the WHOLE plane under the water. In the first season the pilot was pulled out of the cockpit by the monster and left dead in the trees.

02-08-08, 10:37 AM (EST)
23. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
It seems that the downed plane underwater is either a decoy or the 815 flight in another time dimension, depending on whast theory one holds about Lost.

Shar-licious

02-08-08, 02:57 PM (EST)
35. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
I found this on the messageboard over at lost.com. Found it kind of interesting.

The letters H and O show up several times in this episode. "H" is the 8th letter of the alphabet and "O" is the 15th, together this makes 815. "HO" is also the chemical element Holmium. Holmium has been used to create the strongest artificially-generated magnetic fields.

Behind Hurley as he’s freaking out over Abaddon there’s a small sculpture of the letters ‘HO’ on a shelf.

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-08, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Faraday"
They must have fun picking names. The physicist's name is Daniel Faraday. Faraday was the dude that discovered electromagnetic fields or something- like the hatch.

Syren 2007

02-08-08, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "Minkowski"
here's another good one I read on another site

Minkowski was the name of a mathmetician that had some theories of time travel or something

Syren 2007

dajaki 1453 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-08-08, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
In "The Beginning of the End" skeevy psychic guy is behind Hurley in store surveillance video. Also, in "Confirmed Dead", was that packages of heroin he left in cubby hole behind bookcase?

I don't think it was Locke's eye in the cabin, but who's is it?

Why the huge Oceanic cover-up?

How did the Dharma bear get into the desert and which desert was it? My DH was channel surfing and I didn't catch it if it was mentioned.

02-08-08, 12:27 PM (EST)
29. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
The desert was in Tunisia, North Africa

Syren 2007

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-08-08, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
How did the Dharma bear get into the desert and which desert was it? My DH was channel surfing and I didn't catch it if it was mentioned.

I believe it said that the desert was in Tunisia.

Winter wonderland a la Arkie!

Corvis 3116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-08-08, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
Which is where they filmed the Star Wars movies.

Not that that has anything to do with anything.

02-08-08, 02:09 PM (EST)
32. "RE: "Confirmed Dead" 2/7/08"
Both Star Wars IV and Raiders of the Lost Ark were filmed in Tunisia.

Syren 2007

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •