The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"E! Interview w/ Damon...then "Radio Silence""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

Ice 9 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-30-07, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ice%209 Click to send private message to Ice%209 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"E! Interview w/ Damon...then "Radio Silence""
Here's a link to Kristin's interview with Damon Lindelof. Apparently, he was not pleased with how the details of the finale got leaked. IMO, I think he's missed the point. Loads of people, myself included, knew the completely spoiled information was out there, but didn't read it. It's one thing to have hints, but I think most people realize that completely spoiling it ruins the experience.

So don't expect much info from DL/CC before next season. *sigh*

Anyway, here's the link...

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=9c9aafc1-e118-4d0c-9686-6b982fbd4e87

There's some good stuff (and one confirmation that I hadn't seen anywhere else) in there.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: E! Interview w/ Damon...then "R... AugustGirl 05-30-07 1
   RE: E! Interview w/ Damon...then "R... Ice 9 05-30-07 3
 RE: E! Interview w/ Damon...then "R... zombiebaby 05-30-07 2
 TV Guide info CTgirl 05-31-07 4
 RE: E! Interview w/ Damon...then "R... trigirl 05-31-07 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-30-07, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: E! Interview w/ Damon...then "Radio Silence""
I'm with you, Ice...I don't do spoilers specifically because it completely takes away from the enjoyment of watching the show. I had no desire to know anything about the ending.

There's some good stuff (and one confirmation that I hadn't seen anywhere else) in there.

Which was? (I'm pretty dense at times--okay most times-- so I'm not sure what you are referring to)

Did you click on The Vine? Kristen has a bit of some news regarding a possible returning character, but it's really just a rumor and not confirmed.

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=c7ca2b22-a461-48c9-9c3d-444798ed50a5#commentstart

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Ice 9 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-30-07, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ice%209 Click to send private message to Ice%209 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: E! Interview w/ Damon...then "Radio Silence""
>There's some good stuff (and one
>confirmation that I hadn't seen
>anywhere else) in there.

>
>
>Which was?

"Alex is actually Ben's biological daughter.
False."

Granted, I never bought into that theory, but I hadn't seen it officially refuted until now. The finale took a lot of air out of that balloon first, though.

>Did you click on The Vine?
> Kristen has a bit
>of some news regarding a
>possible returning character, but it's
>really just a rumor and
>not confirmed.

Yeah, I did. It would be interesting if it works out that way.

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-07, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: E! Interview w/ Damon...then "Radio Silence""
Thanks Ice!

I stopped reading spoilers in the middle of the first season on all shows and it really has made a difference.
However after a season is over I like to go back and read what people speculated and found out. I am amazed that the whole episode was leaked.

I would think that the episode itself, the reveal would dramatically diminish the experience.

I agree...I like the hints but not straight up info. Sadly that's what it appears to be about all the time now, not just this show. Full elimination lists are given on shows like TAR and Survivor and it just is no fun.

Febuary yet?

One more of J
Slice's Awesome Creations!

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-07, 07:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "TV Guide info"
In TV Guide magazine (there's no link that I could find), a short interview with Cuse and Lindlof: (I liked their answer to the last question).

Did you feel this season finale had to be the biggest and badest yet? CC: We're always challenging ourselves, especially in the season finales. And we were examining the notion of the show as a mosaic and what parts of our story have left to tell. It just seemed like the right time to show that this house has more rooms.

More rooms? DL: You realize that you've been in this house, but there are a lot more rooms than you originally thought. We're opening up significant new story avenues that we think will make people want to continue investing in the show.

Where does Lost go now? They basically say nothing and want us to "experience" Lost this summer with no clues from them.

No hints? DL: The title of the finale this year "Through the Looking Glass" There's a specific reason we chose that title. It's not solely a literary reference. Alice lived in this world, but on the other side of the mirror there was this entirely different realm - a wonderland.

Here is what TV Guide is saying about the spoiler leak:

Question: Does ABC know how the rattlesnake leaked?— Justin
Ausiello: Not yet, but it sounds like an investigation is under way. "Disney security is trying to establish a full and complete list of all of the people through whose hands the show passed," said Cuse, who admits "it's incredibly frustrating" that the secret got out, even if the number of people who had the twist spoiled is miniscule when compared to Lost's overall viewership. "We did everything we felt we could do. There were only four copies of the rattlesnake that were distributed. Damon had a copy, I had a copy, Jack Bender the director had a copy, and Jean Higgins the producer had a copy. We even sent someone to Steve McPhersen's office with the pages. He read them and then they were taken away and returned to our office. I think it got out during the post- process, because that's when it broke . The finale is like a feature film, but as opposed to having six or eight months to do the post on it, we do it in about three weeks. As a result, multiple copies of the show are circulating to various people who do everything from sound design to color timing to visual effects. So it's kind of out there, and it's hard to say where it got spoiled from. Unfortunately, it might not even be somebody who works on the show. It could be somebody who plucked it off the desk of somebody who was somehow involved in the show." Cuse said he was heartened by the "backlash among the loyal fans of the show against these spoiler posters. I think once people realized what was being spoiled, they were very upset. That's why we work really hard to try to keep the show from getting spoiled, because I think it really does diminish your ability to enjoy having the revelations land on you while you're watching it. It's analogous to going to see Sixth Sense and having somebody tell you what the twist is at the end of the movie."

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ask-Ausiello/default.aspx

I do know of one person who apparently was a big blabbermouth. DS is friends with someone who is related to a writer. That writer told way too many family members what was going to happen. Fortunately DS's friend didn't tell me too much ahead of time because I didn't want to know (and he was being restrained anyways), but he knew a lot. So if this info made its way across the country, its not surprising the finale was spoiled to a web site.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-31-07, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: E! Interview w/ Damon...then "Radio Silence""
Thanks for the info!

I agree...I like hints but hate to be spoiled. I am sooooo glad the episode was not spoiled for me.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •