The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"5/02 episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-03-07, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"5/02 episode"
Can I just say I love this show? Everytime we focus on different characters i am thinking 'Man, I love this character! I'm glad we get to see them!' Then the next week, different backstory, and I'm thinking again 'This is my favorite storyline, I'm so glad we came back to it!'

I forgot how much I liked Locke's journey until tonight. To me he's more interesting because he's truly like he said, on a journey of his own. But I get frustrated with him too, because I feel he's vunerable to either side, because his loyalty is wavering. I think he gets taken advantage of.

His dad is pure evil. Even up to the end, still evil. I'm still waiting for the real reason why Ben wanted him dead.

Great episode.

An EmyDi nickname on a Shar sig

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 5/02 episode zombiebaby 05-03-07 1
   RE: 5/02 episode zombiebaby 05-03-07 2
       RE: 5/02 episode AugustGirl 05-03-07 11
           RE: 5/02 episode pinksparkleguitar 05-03-07 16
   RE: 5/02 episode AugustGirl 05-03-07 3
       RE: 5/02 episode cheezit 05-03-07 4
           RE: 5/02 episode zombiebaby 05-03-07 7
           RE: 5/02 episode joannie 05-05-07 28
 RE: 5/02 episode Corvis 05-03-07 5
 RE: 5/02 episode geg6 05-03-07 6
 RE: 5/02 episode sisyphus 05-03-07 8
   RE: 5/02 episode zombiebaby 05-03-07 9
 RE: 5/02 episode Ice 9 05-03-07 10
   RE: 5/02 episode Rayalight 05-03-07 12
       RE: 5/02 episode AugustGirl 05-03-07 13
           RE: 5/02 episode Ice 9 05-03-07 15
   RE: 5/02 episode zombiebaby 05-03-07 14
       RE: 5/02 episode Ice 9 05-03-07 17
 RE: 5/02 episode martih07 05-03-07 18
 Where are We? michel 05-03-07 19
   RE: Where are We? cycles2k 05-04-07 20
 RE: 5/02 episode mrc 05-04-07 21
   RE: 5/02 episode emydi 05-04-07 22
       RE: 5/02 episode mrc 05-04-07 25
 RE: 5/02 episode CTgirl 05-04-07 23
   RE: 5/02 episode maroonclowns mom 05-04-07 24
 RE: 5/02 episode DRONES 05-04-07 26
 RE: 5/02 episode warp_core breach 05-04-07 27
 RE: 5/02 episode J I M B O 05-07-07 29
   Disagree miamicatt 05-07-07 30
       RE: Disagree udg 05-07-07 31
           RE: Disagree geg6 05-08-07 34
               RE: Disagree udg 05-08-07 35
       Da CAtt zombiebaby 05-08-07 32
       RE: Disagree J I M B O 05-08-07 33
           RE: Disagree miamicatt 05-08-07 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-03-07, 07:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 5/02 episode"
Each episode is getting better and better.

Pfffft to all those that gave up!

Sawyer was interesting and had depth! The actor did a great job. I wonder if his story is over though? Or is it now the struggle to be good or to turn to that dark side? (I still think this show is very Star Wars like!)

One thing that bugged me was what a tool Locke's dad was. Why would he be so loose with all his confessions knowing that one admission would have someone kill him? I guess he truly believed he was in hell? Or was he a plant as well?

Last night reminded me a little of the movie Saw to.

Sayid and Desmond was too much hotness in one scene.
Also what is up with Jack? So intriguing! Does he have a plan? Or did he turn too? Maybe he is working with Ben or he is double crossing the Losties!

Why was Roussou there? I bet we get an explanation later on about that dynomite.

I'm just rambling ain't I?

A PhoenixMons Creation

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-03-07, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 5/02 episode"
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-07 AT 08:15 AM (EST)

Just thought of something. Maybe nothing. But remember back in Season 1 when there were screen caps of the same car in different flashback accidents?

I thought of that when Cooper said he was rear-ended. Is it the Other car?

Spooky.

Edited: One more thing. Locke's dad thought that John was dead cause he pushed him out the window? He had no idea that he survived(if he did).

A PhoenixMons Creation

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-07, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 5/02 episode"
Edited: One more thing. Locke's dad thought that John was dead cause he pushed him out the window? He had no idea that he survived(if he did).

No, Cooper thought Locke was dead because he was on Flight 815. Or at least that's what I thought he said to Sawyer.

Anyone?

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-07, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: 5/02 episode"
Yeah, he thought Locke was dead because of the whole Oceanic Flight 815 being found thing. I believe he said that to Sawyer.

05-03-07, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 5/02 episode"
Each episode is getting better and better.

Pfffft to all those that gave up!

Agree with you 1,000,000% zombie! But you're not surprised, are you?

Loved this episode! Josh Holloway ROCKED as Sawyer last night. I wanted to cheer as he was strangling Locke's dad. And Locke's thank you at the end almost made me cry. That whole scene was so powerful.

I don't think Sawyer's story is over, zombie. In fact, it could probably just be starting. Or at least I hope so.

Jack! Do we trust him? I'm sure the majority of the Jack Haters here *waves to the Jack Haters* will say no, but I do. I think he is aware of Juliet's "mole-ness" and the two of them are working together to bring down the Others.

Odds are Rousseau has a nice little plan to blast her daughter out of Ben's clutches. Or as least I hope so.

And next week! The previews! Can't wait to get home tonight so I can rewatch the previews.

I always agree with zombie, except for her weird and unamerican hatred of cheesecake.

cheezit 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-03-07, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cheezit Click to send private message to cheezit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 5/02 episode"
Liked the epi but what irked me was when Kate was tole the secret and asked to keep it on the DL she runs and tells Jack. ANNOYING

05-03-07, 10:03 AM (EST)
7. "RE: 5/02 episode"
I thought that was part of the plan. Like they don't show Jack the phone thingy but need him to check the parachuter"s injuries.

I could most likely be wrong though.

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-05-07, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: 5/02 episode"
>Liked the epi but what irked
>me was when Kate was
>tole the secret and asked
>to keep it on the
>DL she runs and tells
>Jack. ANNOYING

VERY annoying! I couldn't believe it when she ran straight to Jack! I almost threw something at the television set! And then Jack and Juliet talking about 'should we tell Kate'. Sure, it's okay for THEM to have their little secrets!

Corvis 3116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-03-07, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 5/02 episode"
The thing that bothered me about the episode was Ben's insistence to John that John brought his dad to the island. Dad being on the island strains credibility to the breaking point. I need some kind of explanation that makes sense soon. If this isn't answered before the season's end I will be annoyed.

Other than that, I loved the episode. Sawyer and Locke were great. And I definitely think Jack knows all about Juliet's plan and they're working together.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-07, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 5/02 episode"
I have had a running debate with my sister about who we think the truly pivotal character on this show really is.

That ep just confirmed for me that I'm right! I think.

Regardless, there is no way that Sawyer's story is over. I agree that this may be a signal that his story is really just beginning.

Josh Holloway impressed me as much last night as Adrian Pasdar did Monday night. Two simply amazing performances in one week by two of the hottest men on the planet? I may not survive that ever again. *fans self*

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein

sisyphus 321 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-03-07, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sisyphus Click to send private message to sisyphus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 5/02 episode"
I have a question.....great episode by the way......If all the pregnant women died how come rousseau did not die....If in fact she did get pregnant by ben on the island or if the others are to be believed then, 1. the girl (forgot the name) is not bens daughter, 2. ben left the island met rousseau then arranged for her to be stranded on the island in order to give birth or 3. rousseau is "special" like locke or use to be.

05-03-07, 10:19 AM (EST)
9. "RE: 5/02 episode"
The eyeliner guy told Locke that the infertility issues were a distraction and not the real reason they were there.

Rousseau was pregnant prior to when she was stranded by another team member. Those women are fine if pregnant before the island.

Ben is Alex's father who raised her...not biological.

Ice 9 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-03-07, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ice%209 Click to send private message to Ice%209 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: 5/02 episode"
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-07 AT 11:44 AM (EST)

First, I'd like to agree with ZombieBaby. Pffft to all those who gave up (family and close friends of mine who I've argued with for MONTHS now, included). This show IS getting better and better. Keep it coming! I have a feeling I'm going to be sad once the season is over and have to wait 7 months for season 4.

Now to the episode...

Josh Holloway was AMAZING last night. That's Emmy material right there. Cooper may be the only truly black/white recurring character the show has introduced. What a total bastard.

1. The Ben/Locke chess match continues: God I love this storyline. 10x better than the Jack/Locke science/faith battle, the chosen/not chosen conflict just gets better and better. It appears to me that Ben has been trying his whole life to get the island to accept him, and I don't think it has. Then here comes John Locke, a loser in life, a guy who has been a schmoe, and the island chooses HIM? Ben *had* to try to embarrass him. However, I'm wondering if Locke really stole the tape recorder, or if Ben set that up. I'm undecided on that, but I have a feeling Locke's big moment is just around the corner (not to jinx it or anything).

2. The Box, my new theory: It just occurred to me this morning that maybe the Box isn't some metaphysical/spiritual island manifestation, but rather is technological in nature...like some sort of super computer. Follow me on this. We know the Others have these enormous, seemingly all-encompassing dossiers on the Losties. Where did they come from? How are they able to get such detailed skeleton-in-the-closet information, exposing the soft underbellies of each person? Perhaps from The Box.

Ben told Locke that Cooper "came out of it". We know that he was really kidnapped, much the same way that Juliet's ex-husband was run over by a bus. He wasn't teleported there. He was *brought* there, by Ben, Jacob, whoever. How did they know to who Cooper was and where to find him? The Box. It's like Google on steroids. Anything they want, they just plug it into the computer...and there it is.

3. Ben, continuing on the new theory: So if The Box is technological and not spiritual, then that furthers the idea that Ben is drifting further and further afield from the special intrinsic nature of the island. There is clearly a division amongst the Others. Locke hit the nail on the head when he said that if he really understood the island he wouldn't have chicken in his refrigerator. Ben is hung up on Dharma and its "toys". I think next week we may get to the root of that, or at least an introduction to it.

4. Juliet's "secret": I'm thinking this is about Kate. She surely thinks Kate is preggers...and may know it, if she was somehow able to get Austen's "sample". I don't think this is the case, though. I *think* that Juliet will use Sun to get Kate to be tested. Kate, thinking she might be in the same boat as Sun, agrees. I still think, though, that Juliet lied to Sun. The real target in all of this was Kate, all along. Sun is a means to an end. And Jack is totally being played.

5. Jack, being played: There was like a 3 or 4 episode window this season when I was really liking Jack. Now he's being a total tool, and more importantly, he's being a total FOOL. I can't wait for Sawyer to come back to camp and expose Juliet...and Jack. This will put him back in the position of reluctant leader, set up a few episodes back when Hurley conned him.

Two camps divided. LOVE it!

ETA...
6. Flight 815: I'm now convinced it was a coverup. They found the whole plane at the bottom of the sea, where only specialized underwater crafts could get to it and take pictures? Hmmm...any bets on whether those crafts were Widmore? AND, if it is Widmore, could that be the setup for season 4? We keep expanding outward each season. Season 1 was just the beach. Season 2 introduced us to the Hatch and Hanso/Dharma. Season 3 was about the Others and the history of the island as a whole. Season 4 could be about the island and the outside world. Just a thought...

Rayalight 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-03-07, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rayalight Click to send private message to Rayalight Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: 5/02 episode"
Just my two cents but....

Assuming they are all dead already that would explain why babies conceieved off the island survive on the island (They are dead too and therefore can be born) and why those concieved on the island dont make it past the second Trimester (which is when the soul supposedly enteres the physical body). Becuase there is no soul to be born.

That could be why the children are taken away, becuase they are innocents and everyone there has something to answer for???

Loved the line "its a little too hot to be heaven". LMAO.

But if thats the case, how can they be killed as Sawyer killed that guy last night???

Also remeber back in the very beginning when Jack saw his dead father on the island alive...that would tie in too.

Does anyone think the Michael and Walt aspect will ever be answered? they cant just have disappeared into the sunset on a boat can they?

05-03-07, 12:20 PM (EST)
13. "RE: 5/02 episode"
Assuming they are all dead already that would explain why babies conceieved off the island survive on the island (They are dead too and therefore can be born) and why those concieved on the island dont make it past the second Trimester (which is when the soul supposedly enteres the physical body). Becuase there is no soul to be born.

The producers have said repeatedly--over and over and over-- that they are not dead, the island is not purgatory, they are not in hell. So I imagine that is not the reason.

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

05-03-07, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ice%209 Click to send private message to Ice%209 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: 5/02 episode"
I think this is why they've been so emphatic about debunking the purgatory/all dead theories. They knew that the outside world would be coming in (i.e. Naomi and Cooper) and that would give rise to more theorizing. It's the one thing they've been most steadfast about.

I just had a good natured argument with my best friend about this very subject after last night's episode. His contention was that the producers were reintroducing the possibility of purgatory. MY contention was that they needed to be VERY loud in saying "they're not dead", because events on the island were going to make the survivors question that themselves. WE know Cooper got kidnapped. If you're Cooper, however, what would *you* think? One minute you're in a car wreck, next you're tied to a chair looking at your supposedly dead son.

Besides, if purgatory was the big "twist", do you think they'd give it away in Season 3?

05-03-07, 12:28 PM (EST)
14. "RE: 5/02 episode"
I've been waiting for you!

I'm on board with the box theory and how Ben has misused the Island's "gifts".

Also with the plane cover up and Widmore and/or Paik Industry that whole deal.

I do wonder about Austen's sample. I mean we have been beaten over the head with it about she may be pregnant since cage sex with Sawyer.

However maybe it is with someone else? Remember she was missing before being brought back to the other cage? Where was she? What was done to her?

My other theory on that is a crazy as usual one. What if it is Sawyer who is pregnant. Didn't they say Juliet was able to have a male lab rat get pregnant! *giggles*

I think there are numerous cons going on here.

05-03-07, 12:44 PM (EST)
17. "RE: 5/02 episode"
That would be seriously creepy if they did some kind of in vitro thing with Kate. Not a bad theory, though.

Sawyer pregnant? Too funny. I guess he has been a little hormonal, lately.

Ben, Locke, Juliet, and Jack all have their agendas, and all of them think they're the manipulators. My money's on Locke and Juliet coming out ahead in their respective battles.

martih07 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-03-07, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail martih07 Click to send private message to martih07 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: 5/02 episode"
I'm trying to follow all your theories and my head is starting to hurt now.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but Naomi mentioned, when Sayid was in the tent asking about whether anyone had seen the helicopter, "remind me not to save you Sayid." Save? Is she "the savior?" (Someone somewhere mentioned that Naomi is an angel.)

I can't help but think that the people who are disappearing have been "saved" - like Rose and Bernard. Where are they? And since the island has magical healing properties, will Locke's "dad" stay dead?

And what was up with Juliette and Jack? I thought in the previews for last night that the comment between those two referred to Kate being pregnant. But obviously, that wasn't the case. What does Jack know that they are not ready to tell Kate? So much mystery! I love it!

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-07, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Where are We?"
That was one of the most captivating hour of drama on TV that I can remember. We are back to the original question that Charlie had in episode #1: Where are we?

Mind Games
The Interactions between Ben and Locke are fascinating. Why did Locke have to kill his father to be considered special. Wasn't being able to walk after being paralyzed sufficient? Apparently not since Ben declared: "He's not who we thought he was." Richard tells Locke that there is tension amongst the Others and that they are on the island for "more important reasons" than Ben's plans. I like the idea of Ben being distracted by the technology of Dharma. But why did the Others consider "Conrad" to be Locke's "Mess"?

It brings me to wonder if it ties to a story of the "Sins of the Father": How many Losties have lost their father? That I remember: Jack, Claire, Boone and his sister, Sawyer, Kate. I don't remember for Hurley, Charlie and Sayid but now we can add Locke. Do you need to be fatherless to be accepted by the island?

We knew motherhood was impossible for the Others but now killing his father makes Locke "Special". Is there a connection? Is it a revenge for the babies killing the mothers?

Sawyer was mesmerizing during the episode. From lover, comedian, tough guy, he became the killer Locke wanted. Sawyer's face as he had a knife to John's throat was evil. When the con man tore up the letter and Sawyer pounced, it was riveting. As the commercial came on, I wondered why I was still gripping the armrest!

So, where are we? An Island and somehow the plane crash in the Pacific was staged and the box is Ice 9's super computer? I really like that idea. I have one to throw out which isn't as down to earth! It's too hot for heaven and it isn't hell or purgatory, so a parallel universe then? If so, could the Black Monster be the doorway between universes? When their time comes, some Losties (the pilot, Mr Ecko) get back?

For the future:
Sawyer has information that could make him the leader of the Losties. There is a question: Did Locke really steal the tape recorder or is it part of Ben's mind games? I'd think the latter but why sabotage Juliet's efforts?

And what did Juliet want to tell Kate but that Jack thought was too early to reveal?

On a funnier note: For those who watch Survivor Fiji; the whole exchange between Charlie, Hurley, Desmond and Sayid reminded me of the 4 horsemen discussing the find of an Hidden immunity idol (Naomie!). They didn't want to tell Jack who wasn't trusted anymore. Kate made a "Dreamz" of herself and told anyway.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-04-07, 01:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Where are We?"
Another excellent episode. Loved every minute of it.

Ben said his health improved because Locke was around but he readily left him behind - something he would not do if Locke really did how the power to heal. We cannot believe anything Ben says.

Perhaps there is no reason for Locke to kill his father. It may be that Ben convinced the others that Locke needed to do it simply to discredit him.

Sawyer, Kate, Sun and Jin have become very compelling characters. Are these actors growing into their roles or is it the writing that is allowing us to see thier talent? Perhaps a little of both.

The Kate/Dreamz analogy is pretty funny. Does that mean that Ben is Jeff Probst?

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-07, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: 5/02 episode"
The last few episodes have been exceptionally good. Despite the criticism of the earlier episodes this season, we would not be where we are in the storyline if they had not taken place. (Except for maybe Nikki and Paolo's episode, which was good just as a stand-alone).

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-07, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: 5/02 episode"
that Jack tattoo one was pretty lam-O

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-07, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: 5/02 episode"
I actually burned that one out of my brain.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-07, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: 5/02 episode"
I feel like I should watch this episode again because there were so many levels to the stories that I’m sure I missed things! It was a complex episode and and raises a host of new questions and mysteries. This is the only drama I watch in real time every week; the show keeps on getting better and better.

I like zombiebaby’s statement, “I think there are numerous cons going on here.” Ben and Locke, Locke and Sawyer, Ben and Juliet, Juliet and Jack, Desmond, Sayid, Hurley and Jack…

I love the chess match going on between Ben and Locke how he drew Sawyer into it. Sawyer (Josh Holloway) was fantastic, and as I’ve said before, Sawyer and Locke are two of my favorites and to have them together like that was great. Richard is an interesting minor character who I bet will play a bigger role in the future. He’s creepy and smooth at the same time – what is his deal? Is he still working with Ben or does he have his own agenda?

Although Jack has been a jerk this season (and to think he was one of my favorites during the first season) I think he still wants to “save” everyone that was on Flight 815. He and Juliet have some sort of plan, but I think Juliet has given him the bare facts and that there is a lot she is withholding from him. She is devious; Jack is not.

The burning questions in my mind are how did Cooper get to the island and who exactly staged the fake plane crash. The mysteries and power of the Island is even more far reaching than I expected. It really does bring us back to the original question from the pilot, “Where Are We? I am excited that Ben’s flashback is next. He is incredibly manipulative and sadistic and it should be another episode that weaves more layers (questions and answers) into the story!

Kate=Dreamz

maroonclowns mom 1102 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-07, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maroonclowns%20mom Click to send private message to maroonclowns%20mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: 5/02 episode"
Feel like searching one of my first postings (when Lost first started).I said something about them being all dead and in limbo til they`ve sorted themselves out. Maybe that`s why we don`t see anymore of Michael and Walt. Walt accepted Michael as his father. Just rambling but does anyone remember my posting?

DRONES 611 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-04-07, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: 5/02 episode"
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-07 AT 02:54 PM (EST)

What a season ender we are building up to. Someone mentioned how how this show has been moving outward from the beach since season 1. What they heck are Jack and Juilet up to? There are so many secrets, the secret of the island, Dharma, the Others, and the Losties. I wonder if Lockes dad is deat the way Mikael is dead? Could the cliff hanger this season have something to do with a potential return of Michael and Walt.
DRONES

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-04-07, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail warp_core%20breach Click to send private message to warp_core%20breach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: 5/02 episode"
Loved this episode! The kind of episode that had me talking/making noises at the TV. A truly emotional moment when Locke thanked Sawyer for killing Cooper. But I absolutely loved the exchange between Rousseau and Locke. Locke sitting there in the Black Rock (sharpening his knife?). Rousseau walks in, sees Locke and hears someone banging on the locked door behind Locke and yelling. Rousseau doesn't even bat an eye. The two have an almost pleasant exchange kinda like "Nice day out there." and then she just leaves with her dynamite. Classic!

Siggie courtesy of Seana

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-07, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: 5/02 episode"
I started to believe that the flight wreckage had actually been found. If it was staged, would they actually be able to show bodies? Would they really stage a replica plane underwater with fake dead people in it? And if they admit bodies were found, wouldn't loved ones want to bury them?? (Then countered that with the fact it was found in a trench so deep…maybe there's a reason to be given about the bodies not being retrievable.)

The flight is pivotal. If found, then either they ARE dead, or there's some parallel reality going on here.

After last night, I think we can definitively say they are not dead. How else could Naomi have flown/parachuted to the island? She didn't die first, she saw it while still in the air. Also, we've seen Others in mainland flashbacks…mostly in Juliette's recruiting. So I have to lean toward a parallel dimension--with the "box" possibly being the portal? In the "other" dimension maybe they did die.

Speaking of the box, there must be something to it--or something along the lines of its power. Going back to Walt and the polar bear, Kate and the black horse, those were really on the island, and indications are they came from the thoughts of individuals.

As for Locke's "purpose" I wonder if it really is to show everyone else the light. He worked on Boone to face his fears, he looked into the black cloud untouched, he made one of the first significant links that we've been seeing tie so many on the island together. (Was there speculation, or confirmation, that Sawyer killed Jack's dad? If so, does Locke already know that from reading his file?)

If so, then I can't wait to see the future episodes when he leads each person to enlightenment. What are Hurley's numbers about? What is the deal with the fortune-teller's vision for Claire's baby? Those are the kinds of things I could see Locke uncovering.

miamicatt 9247 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-07, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miamicatt Click to send private message to miamicatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Disagree"
I believe that if "they" (this mysterious corporation behind Dharma and such) can pull off such stunts as murdering Juliette's ex-husband, they can stage an airplane crash. Depending on when and where the wreckage was found, a story could be concocted about being unable to retrieve any remains. Or perhaps remains were retrieved, but were in such a state of decompositon (especially if they had been left in water for any amount of time) that they could only be identified by DNA or dental records, both of which could be faked.

Or...if you really wanna put on yer tin foil hat with me...

This particular group of passengers may have only thought they were boarding "Flight 815". There may be two planes. One real, the other? Not so much. More of a private flight, if you will.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-07, 09:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Disagree"
Didn't she say that the plane was found at the "bottom of a trench" in the ocean? If so, it could have been too deep for anything but robot diver video confirmation, which I think would probably be easier than anything to fake.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-07, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Disagree"
There are some trenches in the ocean that are so deep that even the robot subs cannot reach because of the massive pressure. They collapse.

Deep oceanic trenches are one of the great mysteries of Earth. There have been something like 24 people who have gone to the moon. Only two people have ever been to what is currently the deepest KNOWN ocean trench. Since the sea floor is almost unmapped and only a miniscule amount of it has ever even been mapped, there could trenches out there where even a robot sub camera can't get to without being destroyed. We know more about space.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
This is one of the many reasons I love to SCUBA. I feel like an astronaut.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-07, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Disagree"
Right, but if they have "proof" that the plane crashed and ended up in a trench, wouldn't a robot sub (really gotta look up what they're actually called...) be the logical way to "prove" that the whole plane is there with people inside? And, wouldn't that footage be relatively easy to fake? A lot easier than crashing a second plane and filling it with dead bodies, I mean.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

05-08-07, 09:43 AM (EST)
32. "Da CAtt"
is very wise. You should listen to her more often Jimbo!

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-07, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Disagree"

Sure they *could*...but why *would* they? Many water crashes leave nothing but debris, so why not just scatter plane bits and say they found the wreckage and no bodies? SO much easier than the whole robots-in-a-trench scenario.

Thanks for disagreeing though...good practice eh?

miamicatt 9247 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-07, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miamicatt Click to send private message to miamicatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Disagree"
Robots?! Well now you're just being ridiculous...

I'm clinging to an interview I read some time ago (which, of course I have only vague details of so I wouldn't know where to find it fory ou) where one of the producers/writers/whatever said that everything on the island had a rational and logical explanation. Fake-o plane crash sounds a lot more rational than a parallel dimension. At least for now.

As far as the wreckage, if there were no bodies found perhaps some family members (especially those with a sizeable amount of coin to blow, i.e., Penny) would continue searching and digging deeper. Throwing a corpse or two in among the metal bits would create a more convincing scene and hopefully send them on their way. If indeed this was created by the mysterious Dharma people, who seem to be of unlimited funds and willing to do whatever it takes to protect their little island there, this kind of attention to detail would be included in their fiendish plot.

(I love saying "fiendish plot".)

Plus, I love a good conspiracy.

To tell you the truth -- I'm leaning more towards the side of my other wacko theory than this one. Never underestimate the fieeeeeeendish plots of those with obscene amounts of money.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •