The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"End Date Set for Lost"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

Road Kill 1101 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-07-07, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Road%20Kill Click to send private message to Road%20Kill Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"End Date Set for Lost"
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070507/en_nm/lost_dc_2

Looks like we have 3 more seasons of lost.

One nation, under Romber...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: End Date Set for Lost Ice 9 05-07-07 1
   RE: End Date Set for Lost CTgirl 05-07-07 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ice 9 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-07-07, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ice%209 Click to send private message to Ice%209 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: End Date Set for Lost"
Personally, I think this about the best case scenario. Browsing the net this morning, the reaction is split. Most people are happy, but there's a contingent of people down about the finality of the announcement and another contingent that thinks 3 more seasons is too long/too much.

Considering how much bellyaching there was about the way this season played out logistically, switching to a 24-style schedule was the only practical solution (even though I prefer the way Heroes did it, with three blocks of episodes and 2 long-ish hiatuses). However, doing it that way hamstrings you in terms of getting a full season's worth of episodes in. 24 can afford to do 4 hours the first week, but LOST is really too dense and the pacing and flashback format of the show really wouldn't allow for that. Starting LOST the first week of February sweeps and running it through May allows for 16 episodes per season.

Putting an end date on the series will enhance the pacing of the mythology and character development. Sure, the long breaks will suck a lot, but there was just no way ABC was going to agree to just 2 more seasons. I don't care how many people write about the show hemorrhaging viewers, I simply don't believe it. LOST makes money for ABC now matter how you slice it. If they were so concerned about falling interest, they would've gladly agreed to DL/CC's wishes for only 2 more seasons...or worse yet, they would have just gone year to year with them and not thought about the long term future of the show.

I'm extremely happy today about 3 things
1) The end is known (though it's bittersweet, because I really don't want it end, but it must)
2) We get a third season (even if the # of episodes is really equal to 2)
3) DL and CC are staying on board

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-07-07, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: End Date Set for Lost"
My first reaction was that 3 years was too long, but with the shorter seasons, that's probably about right. I'm glad they've planned the end/length so they can map everything out and won't get caught in a Mr. Eko situation. I'm glad too that DL and CC will be involved until the end. It's going to be a long wait until next January!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •