The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The squeaky wheel..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

Meemo 3517 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-19-06, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Meemo Click to send private message to Meemo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The squeaky wheel..."
...gets the oil.

I guess they heard our complaints about the repeats, but is this solution much better? Essentially, the season will be broken in half, with a big break between the two parts:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/abc-promises-no-lost-repeats-next-season-series-take-hiatus-1008474.php

What do you think?

Half man, half amazing, all DAW

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The squeaky wheel... weltek 05-19-06 1
 RE: The squeaky wheel... Maroonclown 05-19-06 2
 RE: The squeaky wheel... Breezy 05-19-06 3
   RE: The squeaky wheel... emydi 05-19-06 4
       RE: The squeaky wheel... SurvivorBlows 05-25-06 10
 RE: The squeaky wheel... trigirl 05-22-06 5
 RE: The squeaky wheel... calamityc 05-23-06 6
   RE: The squeaky wheel... Devious Weasel 05-24-06 7
       Episodic vs. Serial Dramas trigirl 05-25-06 8
       RE: The squeaky wheel... miamicatt 05-25-06 9
           RE: The squeaky wheel... J I M B O 05-26-06 11
 Season 3 Schedule Elaine0 05-27-06 12
   RE: Season 3 Schedule J Slice 05-27-06 13
       RE: Season 3 Schedule Snidget 05-28-06 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-19-06, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The squeaky wheel..."
Makes me happy!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-06, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The squeaky wheel..."
It didn't hurt Prison Break so I can live with it.

I'm convinced the writers read this Board for story ideas. Eventually we will have unknowingly written an entire season for them

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-06, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The squeaky wheel..."
It's better then throwing repeats at us after only two new shows. But I'd rather see them do a "24" and have no repeats. I'd like to see alot of shows follow 24's lead in this.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-06, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The squeaky wheel..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-19-06 AT 03:52 PM (EST)

I would too..I think cable channels do this alot more (and then they replay the originals at other times during week too) like The Closer and Rescue Me etc. and then all the HBO shows. But I don't think many other existing shows (not mid season starts, replacements) will go the way 24 has. I think its special bc of its "real time" theme

The way Prison Break ran this year was fine..I think it's that the networks don't want to miss out on the November sweeps.

I guess this siggie should have been made with Michael not Sawyer!!

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The squeaky wheel..."
>But I don't think many other existing shows (not mid
>season starts, replacements) will go the way 24 has.
>I think its special bc of its "real time" theme

I'm not positive, but I think Alias was doing the 24 thing before 24 was...

>The way Prison Break ran this year was fine..I think it's
>that the networks don't want to miss out on the
>November sweeps.

It's because each episode of a show typically costs so much that the networks claim that the only way they can make money on each individual episode is by being able to broadcast it more than once and have viewers watch something they already paid for 2-3 times. Every chance he has, CBS president Les Moonves keeps gushing about how all its procedural dramas (which since they aren't serialized dramas, repeat well) make CBS, despite it's overall lack of buzz, the most profitable TV network out there

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-22-06, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The squeaky wheel..."
Yippee! Gonna do my happy dance now!

calamityc 1041 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-23-06, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail calamityc Click to send private message to calamityc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The squeaky wheel..."
I agree it would be better if they ran them all in a row, but this will be an improvement. A rerun every two weeks got old real fast. I don't like the new trend of not making enough shows to fill a so called season. But that is just me longing for the old days when summer was for reruns or replacement series, and Fall series went all the way to summer.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The squeaky wheel..."
Except it’s never really been that way. The average season length has been rather unchanged over time. The original Star Trek, back in 67, had an average season length of 27 shows. Next Generation, starting in the mid-80s, had an average season length of 26 shows. Most shows these days have an average season length of 24-25 shows. What’s different is that these days there are more shows like Lost or 24 where the narrative continues on from week to week. In the old days, most episodes had a beginning, middle, and end that took place all within the same episode. (A notable exception were the shows considered primetime soap operas like Dallas, Dynasty, etc.) There may have been things that were developed later on down the line, or mentioned later on down the line, but storylines did not continue across two or three episodes let alone an entire season. Reruns are far less noticeable in a one and done episodic structure than they are in a continuing episodic structure.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-25-06, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Episodic vs. Serial Dramas"
My favourite shows are Lost, 24 and Prison Break. Guess I know where my preference is.

btw, loved Dallas and Dynasty too!

miamicatt 9247 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miamicatt Click to send private message to miamicatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The squeaky wheel..."
Star Trek? Pffffffffft. Nerd.

As much as I would like to see the series run straight through, that would also mean the new season probably wouldn't start until January.

And I'm sorry but I just can't wait that long...

RollDdice it was handcrafted by. Thankful Miamicatt is. Bounce leads to happy, happy leads to joy, joy is a path to IceCat.

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-06, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The squeaky wheel..."

And I'm sorry but I just can't wait that long...

I feel the same way.

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-27-06, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Season 3 Schedule"
In the last podcast Damon & Carlton discussed the schedule for next season. Most of you probably already heard it will be split, but this is the first I heard the actual details.

The show will start the end of September and run for 6 episodes ending with a mini-cliffhanger. Then it will be off for 12 weeks and come back in February for 17 episodes.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-06, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Season 3 Schedule"
12 weeks.

Twelve freaking weeks.

::grumble::

Let's go Mets!

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-06, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Season 3 Schedule"
I don't really like it when they take it off and stuff another show in there for the break. I'd rather have longer stretches of shows (like 6 in a row then replay those 6) than have them do the we will show you 6 shows and then you don't get anything, not even reruns for months at a time.

But that is me.

I don't mind re-runs, I'd just like longer chunks of shows and reruns for shows with long story arcs.

I find that as soon as a show goes all episodes in a row no reruns at all until over I tend to get lost and can't catch up and stop watching the show completely. T

That happened to me with 24 and alias. I missed a couple of shows and then couldn't catch up so dropped them. Might be better now I have DVR and some of these shows have the episode available on the internet for when the DVR screws up.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •