The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What is Libby's story?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

Chez 670 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-02-06, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What is Libby's story?"
I haven't seen this discussed anywhere. Libby is the only one of the "regulars" for whom we have seen no back story so far. What is hers? I was intrigued by the suggestion in a recent episode that Hurley thought he recognized her from somewhere. In the repeat airing of "Numbers" last night, I was looking for her in the mental hospital (as she is a clinical psychologist). But I did not see her there.

Then I started to wonder if she might be related to (daughter of?) that woman Hurley visited in Australia. If so, Hurley might have seen the family resemblence. Just a far-out suggestion. But I am eager to see how she fits into all this. The fact that they chose to air Numbers last night made me suspicious that there is some clue in that episode that is leading up to a new revelation in the near future.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What is Libby's story? weltek 02-02-06 1
   RE: What is Libby's story? J I M B O 02-02-06 4
       Couldn't find much... weltek 02-02-06 5
           RE: Couldn't find much... Elaine0 02-03-06 7
 RE: What is Libby's story? blacknwhitedog 02-02-06 2
   RE: What is Libby's story? weltek 02-02-06 3
       RE: What is Libby's story? pumpkinqueen 02-06-06 15
 RE: What is Libby's story? Buggy 02-02-06 6
   RE: What is Libby's story? AugustGirl 02-03-06 8
       RE: What is Libby's story? weltek 02-03-06 9
   RE: What is Libby's story? Das Mole 02-04-06 10
       RE: What is Libby's story? CattyChat 02-04-06 11
       RE: What is Libby's story? ladro 02-05-06 14
 Uh oh Chez 02-04-06 12
   RE: Uh oh Das Mole 02-04-06 13
   But is she an Other Chez 04-06-06 16
       Stalker? Cathy the Canadian 04-07-06 17
 RE: What is Libby's story? Das Mole 04-08-06 18
   RE: What is Libby's story? 1derfool 04-08-06 19
       RE: What is Libby's story? WickedOne 04-08-06 20
           RE: What is Libby's story? Cathy the Canadian 04-09-06 21
   RE: What is Libby's story? Snidget 04-11-06 26
       RE: What is Libby's story? J Slice 04-11-06 28
 The Libby Possibilities weltek 04-10-06 22
   RE: The Libby Possibilities Pretty_Kitty 04-10-06 23
       RE: The Libby Possibilities weltek 04-10-06 24
   When Cindy Disappeared Chez 04-11-06 25
       RE: When Cindy Disappeared weltek 04-11-06 27
           RE: When Cindy Disappeared skeetergirl87 04-12-06 29
               RE: When Cindy Disappeared Chez 04-12-06 31
   RE: The Libby Possibilities skeetergirl87 04-12-06 30
 RE: What is Libby's story? mrc 05-11-06 32
 RE: What is Libby's story? trigirl 05-22-06 33
   RE: What is Libby's story? Madigan 05-26-06 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-02-06, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What is Libby's story?"
If we don't see a backstory soon on Libby, I will really start to assume she is connected to The Others.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-06, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What is Libby's story?"

Hmmm. Interesting idea. I mean if they do the 12th backstory ep on Jack before Libby's first...

How far out are the character eps announced?

02-02-06, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Couldn't find much..."
Just the two on tvguide.com

Episode Detail: Lost The Long Con
Airings: ABC - Wednesday, 08, 09:00 PM

Sun is injured during a kidnapping attempt, and the survivors fear that the Others have returned. Meanwhile, tension between Jack, Locke, Kate and Ana Lucia mounts, and Sawyer is an amused---and very interested---bystander.

Episode Detail: Lost One of Them
Airings: ABC - Wednesday, 15, 09:00 PM

Rousseau leads Sayid to a mysterious captive in the jungle. Is he one of the Others? Meanwhile, Sawyer discovers that Hurley has done something potentially devastating, and uses the information to blackmail Hurley into helping him track an elusive island creature. Sgt. Austen: Lindsey Ginter. Danielle Rousseau: Mira Furlan. Henry Gale: Michael Emerson. Tariq: Marc Casabani. Sgt. Buccelli: Theo Rossi. Joe Inman: Clancy Brown.

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-03-06, 07:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Couldn't find much..."
Sgt. Austen: Lindsey Ginter

A Kate flashback or is her family going to pop up in everyone else's? Next week Diane and the following week the Sgt.

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-06, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What is Libby's story?"
somewhere along the way, someone suggested Libby is not really a psychologist but a patholigical liar- so maybe a patient?

2005 PhoenixMons

02-02-06, 02:49 PM (EST)
3. "RE: What is Libby's story?"
Well she HAS had experience acting as a crazy chick. She portrayed Nurse Annie on Guiding Light (soap) for years. Nurse Annie was actually a psycho. She played the part well.

pumpkinqueen 220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-06-06, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pumpkinqueen Click to send private message to pumpkinqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: What is Libby's story?"
i so loved nurse annie--and i want Libby to be crazy--not only because the actress does crazy so well, but she could have been in the institution with hurley (not as a nurse), and i love hurley and would like to see more of his back story. why was he there, and how does she fit in?

as far as being a "tailie"--bernard was with the tailies, and we know he was sitting next to rose. i haven't had a chance to look back at the first season, but i'm not sure Libby would be on the plane because she might not have been cast yet.

actually, it's a PhoenixMons

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-06, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What is Libby's story?"

Libby is the only one of the "regulars" for whom we have seen no back story so far.

We haven't seen a backstory on Bernard and Rose yet, one I am looking forward too.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-06, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What is Libby's story?"
I'm with you, Buggy. I want to see Rose and Bernard's story.

Hi Buggy!

02-03-06, 10:30 AM (EST)
9. "RE: What is Libby's story?"
We haven't really seen much of them period since they were reuinted. I'm wondering if we ever will.

Das Mole 2364 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-04-06, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: What is Libby's story?"
Bernard and Rose aren't cast regulars, though. Their names don't pop up in the credits every week, so I doubt we'll ever see a backstory on them.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-04-06, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: What is Libby's story?"
Well, they better do a backstory on Rose & Bernard -- especially Rose. Why would they tease us with as much as they have shown of these two, if they are not going to have some part in this whole thing?

It will be very disappointing if they just disappear.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-05-06, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: What is Libby's story?"
I agree.

02-04-06, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Uh oh"
When I was thinking about the events and conversations regarding Libby this morning, a big contradiction popped up. At least I think so, based on my recollection. I'm eager to read what everyone thinks.....

When Hurley said to Libby that she looked familiar, didn't she say something about him stepping on her toe when he raced into the plane? But she was in the tail section, and the plane loaded from the front. Doesn't that mean she is lying? Maybe she really is one of the Others.

02-04-06, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Uh oh"
Or, she could've worked at the clinic but didn't want to bring it up that that's where he saw her...it's unethical for a psychologist to mention anything to a patient or to talk to them about it unless the patient brings it up first. Hurley didn't mention the clinic since he may not have known, and in that case she wouldn't bring it up either.

04-06-06, 06:32 AM (EST)
16. "But is she an Other"
So now we know why Hurley first said Libby looked familiar - she was in the insane asylum. But the question I still have is whether she was actually another passenger on Flight 815, or is she an Other?

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-06, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Stalker?"
I'm thinking Libby became obsessed with Hurley in the asylum, and she's been stalking him.

She followed him to Australia, and was following him back.

How else are they going to explain that coincidence?

And the psychologist thing? She's lying.

04-08-06, 03:35 PM (EST)
18. "RE: What is Libby's story?"
My question now is, is she lying about being a psychologist, or did she get out of the mental hospital and then become a psychologist?

If she's lying, then her whole thing with making Claire remember what happened when she was kidnapped doesn't seem to add up...

1derfool 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-08-06, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 1derfool Click to send private message to 1derfool Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: What is Libby's story?"
I say she's lying about being a psychologist. If she was a psych patient long enough, she could easily have picked up some of the 'how to' just by observing. Assuming she was discharged (rather than escaped), she would probably be 'sane' enough to remember what she saw and heard the therapists do.

WickedOne 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-08-06, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WickedOne Click to send private message to WickedOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: What is Libby's story?"
A psycho that can hypnotize people?Oh goody and yikes!I also think Libby (the actress actually) played the girlfriend of Titus on that sitcom Titus some years ago!

Beyond This Place There Be Dragons!

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-06, 07:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: What is Libby's story?"
Yup, she did. Here's her IMDB page:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0914475/

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-06, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: What is Libby's story?"
There are people that go into psychology because they have issues with mental health.

She may be someone that is OK most of the time, but has occasional episodes that require inpatient treatment.

That she was a patient doesn't rule out that she is high functioning most of the time and trained to work in the mental health field.

I don't think being in the hosptial means anything about what she does for a living when she is healthy enough to work.

Imaginary friends by Bob!

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-06, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: What is Libby's story?"
One of my best friends, who happens to be depressed, is off to med school next year to begin training as a psychiatrist.

Let's go Mets!

04-10-06, 12:23 PM (EST)
22. "The Libby Possibilities"
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-06 AT 01:27 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-10-06 AT 12:37 PM (EST)

PASSENGER STATUS
1) She was never on the plane...she is an "other" that planted herself in the group.
Q: How did she and Goodwin act around eachother? I know she played a careful balance between "let him go/Ana, you know best."

2) She was coincidentally on the same plane as Hurley
Q: Why doesn't she recognize him...big shaggy hair guy she stared at would be memorable.

3) She was purposely on the same plane as Hurley
Q: Why?

MENTAL PATIENT STATUS
1) She was a patient for unknown reason, completely coincidence Hurley was also there & they showed up on the same plane later
Q. No question here..it's not really an option for this show.

2) She was once a psychologist, but someone or something made her turn crazy & was admited to the psych hospital
Q. Was she recruited by Dharma to work for them...but then flipped out? Was she under stress, went to see a colleague for counseling that was part of Dharma & thought she'd be a good subject for their "experiments"? Did she accidentally witness some Dharma activity & they punished her by making her think she's crazy & medicating her?

3) She was never a psychologist, but only a patient, yet pretends she's a psychologist.
Q. What's her motive for manipulating Hurley? Did she really forget about "knowing" him from the hospital? Is she just so crazy that she likes to act like a psychologist?

4) She was a patient turned psychologist
Q. I don't think there was enough physical time lapse between Hurley's hospitalization & the crash to give her enough time to get out & get her education & practice.

5) Dharma recruited her while in the hospital. She is being used as a tool in their experiments.
Q. To what end? Were they simultaneously using Hurley and Libby in the hospital...maybe for different means? Did they give her enough training/info to make her an imposter psychologist?

6) Stalker Libby: As mentioned by a poster above, maybe she's just obsessed with Hurley after seeing him in the institution.
Q. What does this really add to the storyline? Is she stalking him because her loved one was killed in the accident Hurley caused? Is she after his money?

Thoughts & additions welcome & appreciated!

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-06, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The Libby Possibilities"
my co worker said that he had read or heard somewhere that Libby was a pathalogical liar. I have no idea if this is the case but if the Others were taking "good" people and they left Libby behind perhaps she is lying about who she really is.

04-10-06, 04:07 PM (EST)
24. "RE: The Libby Possibilities"
I recall that being discussed at one point & it seems to fit under #3 mental patient status above.

04-11-06, 10:22 AM (EST)
25. "When Cindy Disappeared"
I seem to recall that back at the time Cindy disappeared during the Tailies' trek to the Losties' beach, someone commented that the last clip where we see Cindy also showed Libby suspiciously close to her, and maybe holding Cindy's backpack. I think this was the first hint we had that Libby might be a suspicious character.

04-11-06, 12:07 PM (EST)
27. "RE: When Cindy Disappeared"
I didn't realize that. I'd already forgotten about Cindy.

skeetergirl87 136 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-06, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skeetergirl87 Click to send private message to skeetergirl87 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: When Cindy Disappeared"
>I didn't realize that. I'd already
>forgotten about Cindy.

Yeah, what's up with that? How come nobody's even mentioned Cindy? Will she be part of the trade that Jack is attempting? It's like she never existed or are they all just assuming that she was an Other plant, too?

04-12-06, 04:44 PM (EST)
31. "RE: When Cindy Disappeared"
Cindy was definitely on the plane. She was one of the flight attendants. I don't know why they have not mentioned her lately.

skeetergirl87 136 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-06, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skeetergirl87 Click to send private message to skeetergirl87 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: The Libby Possibilities"
Two possibilities I've heard discussed:

Libby had a loved one killed in Hurley's "accident" and flipped out about it and that's how she ended up in the institute. She then recognized Hurley in the institute and later when he won the lottery and started stalking him.

Libby knows Hurley won the lottery and is only after his money.

Personally, I don't like either of these scenarios. Hurley is one of my favorite characters and I would love him to be able to get the girl just for himself - not because he's rich or to get revenge.

Here's what I think. I don't know why Libby was in the institution to begin with or why she was in Australia, but she recognizes Hurley and claims to be a psychologist since it's the opposite of a crazy person and she's probably pretty familiar with the lingo from being a patient and thinks she could pull it off. She didn't really do much to Claire to "help" her - just had her relax and she even seemed kind of freaked out when it worked and Claire started remembering things. Also, she would have told Hurley about being a psychologist when he was having his episode on the cliff and offered to help somehow. She genuinely likes Hurley, but doesn't want him to know her secret.

Then again, she could be an Other. That's the beauty of this show - no character is all good or all bad.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: What is Libby's story?"
According to tvguide.com, Libby's backstory will be shown in spurts over the next season. The dead live on in memories!

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-22-06, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: What is Libby's story?"
The lostpedia site that skyhoneybear found (thanks!) suggests that Libby is Libby Widmore and that the Widmores sponsored Desmond's boat race around the world.

http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Widmore

Madigan 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-26-06, 02:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Madigan Click to send private message to Madigan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: What is Libby's story?"
Didn't Libby give Desmond her boat to race in? I think he'd know if she was a Widmore...

I can't wait to find out more on Libby - it should be a really interesting backstory

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •