The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Station Logos"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-20-05, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Station Logos"
As we discover a new station on the island, let's post vidcaps of them on this thread so that we can try and decipher their meaning. So far, it seems we have seen three distinct logos. The Swan, one on the shark's fin and one in the hatch\bunker that the Tailies were hanging in. Could some nice techie post those three pics for us?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Shark Fin trigirl 10-21-05 1
 Someone at The Fuselage moonbaby 10-26-05 2
   Man, I LVOE this stuff! trigirl 11-02-05 3
       RE: Man, I LVOE this stuff! AugustGirl 11-02-05 4
           RE: Man, I LVOE this stuff! trigirl 11-02-05 5
               RE: Man, I LVOE this stuff! HobbsofMI 05-17-06 13
       RE: Man, I LVOE this stuff! batts 11-02-05 6
           RE: Man, I LVOE this stuff! Ratboy 11-02-05 7
       RE: Man, I LVOE this stuff! Rhyn 03-04-06 9
 Claire Remembers trigirl 03-02-06 8
 RE: Station Logos trigirl 03-31-06 10
   RE: Station Logos TeamJoisey 03-31-06 11
 The Pearl trigirl 05-15-06 12
 The Other's Hatch trigirl 05-19-06 14
 RE: Station Logos blacknwhitedog 05-19-06 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

10-21-05, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Shark Fin"
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-26-05, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Someone at The Fuselage"
LAST EDITED ON 10-26-05 AT 03:52 PM (EST)

captured a picture of the other station's logo but I can't find it. It was an arrow in the middle of the Bagua. This brought up speculation about how both The Swan and The Arrow are constellations associated with Apollo (remember the candy bars from the food room were named that?). Amazing stuff from a poster named darkpiranha. The gist of it is below, and a link provided:

6 Apollo associated constellations = Six Stations:

1. Cygnus = swan
2. Sagitta = arrow
3. Corvus = crow
4. Crater = goblet
5. Ophiuchus = serpent handler
6. Orion = the hunter

And here are the stars that are associated with THE numbers as listed in the Messier (a French astronomer) catalog:

M4 - the constellation Scorpius (scorpion?)
M8 - Sagittarius (archer)
M15 - Pegasus (winged horse)
M16 - Serpens (serpent?)
M23 - Sagittarius (archer)
M42 - Orion (hunter)
M108 - Ursa Major (bear)

And....last but not least these details and more you can read for your ownself at: http://www.thefuselage.com/Threaded/archive/index.php/t-22383.html

Three logos have cropped up so far. The Swan, The Arrow, and possibly The Hunter (shark logo with belt-like center?) Three more to follow. The Crow, The Serpent and The Goblet?

I'm off to take some Excedrin now A little something to mull over in the next two weeks. I sure do hope this hasn't been posted before!

11-02-05, 08:58 AM (EST)
3. "Man, I LVOE this stuff!"
Great find Moonbaby!

Apollo, huh? I've been ranting about the connection to satellites (108 minutes to circumnavigate the earth) and early space travel (108 minutes duration of first man in space).

Check out this picture. Notice the logo on the fuselage to the right of Walt. Is it one we haven't seen before?

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-05, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Man, I LVOE this stuff!"
Very interesting. Do you know which episode this picture is from? Or publicity photo maybe?

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

11-02-05, 09:57 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Man, I LVOE this stuff!"
I got it from The Fuselage while searching for station logos. I think that they said it was from 'Tabula Rosa'.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Man, I LVOE this stuff!"
I think this and the "monster" blowing up the engine was proven to be someone being creative with photo shop....but I'm not 100% sure about that.

sig by arkieglr and bouncy by IceCat

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-02-05, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Man, I LVOE this stuff!"
What the Heck? There's Santa Claus! Can you see him? Ok, here ... I'll put him between the dots so maybe you'll see him.

Can you see him now Tahj? Hmmmm? Hey! Can you see him?

zoom in between the dots, and you can see Santa Claus better

Ratboy 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-02-05, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ratboy Click to send private message to Ratboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Man, I LVOE this stuff!"
That looks like Leonardo da Vinci to me. From his self-portrait.

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-04-06, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Man, I LVOE this stuff!"
I'm trying for the life of me to remember where I heard it, but the producers said that those marks are not related to the Dharma things. They were marks on the plane, and have -- in no uncertain terms -- insisted that they do relate to the island.

I really, really wish I could remember where I heard that. Someone will come along and save me, I hope.

03-02-06, 02:09 PM (EST)
8. "Claire Remembers"
Claire was taken to the medical station when she was kidnapped by the others. The logo looked like a medical staff. Something like this:

One Explanation:

We've all seen the entwined snakes used frequently in medical logos and symbols. Known as caduceus, this image has its roots in ancient Greek mythology (Hermes carried a staff featuring entwined snakes as a symbol of peace.) There is actually some confusion about the imagery as there are two very similar symbols, with ver similar (yet unique) meanings. It has been suggested that the real confusion began when the US Military were in the process of selecting a logo for their medical unit and began to use the caduceus as their logo. It's like this happened because the caduceus was similar to the REAL symbol of 'healing' - the staff of Asclepius who just happened to be the 'God of Medicine'. His staff only featured one snake with no wings.

03-31-06, 02:23 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Station Logos"
According to the map Locke saw during "Lockdown", these are the names of the stations.

1. The Swan
2. The Arrow
3. The Flame
4. The Staff
5. C3
6. C4

There are some notes on the map as well that give clues to each station's purpose.

On the map, close to C4 are notes like 'zoological research' and 'extreme climate'. I'm thinking Polar Bears.

Notes close to C3 mention "meterological research"

TeamJoisey 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-31-06, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Station Logos"
there is a reference to the polar bears in the lower left of the map.

"accelerated de-territorialization of Ursus Maritimus through Gene Therapy and Extreme Climate Change"

Ursus Maximus = polar bear

05-15-06, 02:04 PM (EST)
12. "The Pearl"
Monitoring station \ hatch found by Eko and Locke. Monitoring other hatches but reporting to whom?

05-19-06, 09:58 AM (EST)
14. "The Other's Hatch"

Thanks Tiger Lily!

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-06, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Station Logos"
The Swan (the "hatch")

The Staff (medical)

The Arrow (tallies)

The Flame (seen on the blast door map)

The Pearl (monitoring station)
white circle

Handcrafted by RollDdice 2005

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •