The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"East Coast Spoiler Thread For The 03-22-06 Episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-22-06, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"East Coast Spoiler Thread For The 03-22-06 Episode"
Let's keep the discussion here until the westies have had a chance to see it.

Or at least I think tonight is a new episode...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For T... HobbsofMI 03-22-06 1
   Henry creeps me out moonbaby 03-22-06 2
       RE: Henry creeps me out maroonclowns mom 03-23-06 3
           RE: Henry creeps me out HobbsofMI 03-23-06 8
       RE: Henry creeps me out AugustGirl 03-23-06 5
   RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For T... AugustGirl 03-23-06 4
       RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For T... HobbsofMI 03-23-06 9
           RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For T... brvnkrz 03-25-06 36
 RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For T... zombiebaby 03-23-06 6
   Widmore trigirl 03-23-06 7
   RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For T... miamicatt 03-23-06 13
       wah! moonbaby 03-23-06 20
           RE: wah! zombiebaby 03-23-06 22
               RE: wah! HobbsofMI 03-23-06 24
 Commentary FesterFan1 03-23-06 10
   RE: Commentary AugustGirl 03-23-06 14
 Curious about the map... SenecaTurtle 03-23-06 11
   RE: Curious about the map... TeamJoisey 03-23-06 12
 RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For T... AnaNg3 03-23-06 15
   RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For T... TenPin 03-23-06 16
 Addressing the re-runs Siren 03-23-06 17
   RE: Addressing the re-runs trigirl 03-23-06 18
       The Network problem FesterFan1 03-23-06 21
   RE: Addressing the re-runs HobbsofMI 03-23-06 25
   RE: Addressing the re-runs skeetergirl87 03-24-06 28
       RE: Addressing the re-runs trigirl 03-25-06 33
 RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For T... Rhyn 03-23-06 19
   RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For T... pumpkinqueen 03-23-06 23
   RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For T... skeetergirl87 03-24-06 29
 RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For T... realitycoholic 03-23-06 26
   RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For T... Silvergirl1 03-24-06 27
       RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For T... realitycoholic 03-24-06 30
           RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For T... HobbsofMI 03-24-06 31
               RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For T... J Slice 03-24-06 32
   RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For T... TeamJoisey 03-28-06 40
 Sun and Jin's Miracle trigirl 03-25-06 34
   RE: Sun and Jin's Miracle 1derfool 03-25-06 35
       RE: Sun and Jin's Miracle AugustGirl 03-25-06 37
           RE: Sun and Jin's Miracle 1derfool 03-26-06 38
               RE: Sun and Jin's Miracle AugustGirl 03-26-06 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-06, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For The 03-22-06 Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-06 AT 10:10 PM (EST)

Ok...who think Sun is pregnant by the other guy? But then again they've been on the island for 40 days plus 1 1/2 weeks (Anna said she was in camp for 1 1/2 weeks to Locke)...so would Sun not notice she was almost 2 months late due to all that is going on?
I love Henry making Jack and Locke's head spin with trust issues and telling them a plan he could have thought out if he was one of them. Next week we find the balloon, Henry gets out and it looks like the button is not pushed in time. So we get one more great ep and then re-runs again?

sig by arkieglr and bouncy by IceCat

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-06, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Henry creeps me out"
and reminds me of Gollum. He's definitely trying to pit Locke and Jack against each other.

I think Sun would realize her cycle was off but there are two things that make me unsure about that. She might not bother to keep track knowing Jin could not father a child and two, under stress and duress the dot can and will create its own timetable.

It's about dang time Ana Lucia apologized to Sayid for killing Shannon!

maroonclowns mom 1102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-23-06, 06:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maroonclowns%20mom Click to send private message to maroonclowns%20mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Henry creeps me out"
We are talking about the "Island" As Jin said, "It`s a miracle"

03-23-06, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Henry creeps me out"
Is that like A.I. talking about "practice"?

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-06, 07:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Henry creeps me out"
It's about dang time Ana Lucia apologized to Sayid for killing Shannon!

Yeah! I agree, Moonie! 'Bout dang time.

03-23-06, 06:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For The 03-22-06 Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-06 AT 06:48 AM (EST)

I don't think for a second that Sun cheated on Jin. Like MCmom mentioned *waves to MCmom*, it's the island, therefore it's a miracle. Locke was in a wheelchair when he got on the plane, now he can walk. Jin was sterile when he got on the plane, now he is going to be a father.

Anyone else surprised at Sun's english teacher? I have to say that Sun and Jin's story is my favorite. Just when you think you know everything about them, they spring something new.

Speaking of pushing buttons, Henry sure knows how to push Locke and Jack's buttons.

Can't wait for next week!

It's an Arkie!

03-23-06, 10:13 AM (EST)
9. "RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For The 03-22-06 Episode"
Oh...I agree that Sun would never cheat while still with Jin. I was just wondering who thought that Sun could even cheat or did.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-06, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For The 03-22-06 Episode"
I actually thought that the English teach had gotten her pregnant at first. I continued to believe that he was the father until Sun told Jin that she had never cheated on him. Something in her voice and eyes made me believe her.

Maybe McGyver will show up on the Island next season with some dental floss and a matchbook and he will create a DNA machine out of it and then we can find out for sure.

An awesome Arkie siggie

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-06, 07:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For The 03-22-06 Episode"
Most touching moment for me? When Sun told Jin it was him that could not have the children, not her. She really did not have to there...plus it set her up to be accused by him of cheating. He accepted it was a miracle. What trust and I think it shows us how deep and true this love is!

I also like how they reminded us in the beginning that Jin has not done such nice things, controlling Sun, angry about her fertility and the blood on his hands.

I also like how they showed the other married couple Rose and Bernard and their bickering.

Anyone noticed "Widmore Labs" on the pregnancy test? I googled it and got some Lost page that said "Widmore" has been mentioned in other episodes. Subsidary of Dharma?

A PhoenixMons Creation

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-23-06, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Widmore"
Widmore Contstruction - in Charlie's episode. Damon said it was important.

Widmore Labs - Sun's episode.

Let's play...

W I D M O R E L A B S

som weird lab

wil morse bad

W I D M O R E

weird om (fits with the namaste and malas beads).

wm or die

miamicatt 9247 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-06, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miamicatt Click to send private message to miamicatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For The 03-22-06 Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-06 AT 12:27 PM (EST)

My most touching moment was when Jin said "I love you" in English. Something about that got to me and I felt that usual pang in my heart.

I however, do believe that Sun could have slept with that other man for whatever reason. I do not think the child is his though. I think we are dealing with yet another of the island's "mystery miracles" here. Or perhaps the Korean doctor was just plain wrong.

Edited cuz I spelled Jin's name wrong. Hmm.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-06, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "wah!"
My most touching moment was when Jin said "I love you" in English. Something about that got to me and I felt that usual pang in my heart.

Yep! I got all verklempt when he started apologizing but then when he said "I love you" in English the tears were flowing.
*sniffle*

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-06, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: wah!"
Daddio!

How good looking are Sun and Jin? Stunning!

A PhoenixMons Creation

03-23-06, 08:38 PM (EST)
24. "RE: wah!"
I'll second that for Sun but then I'm bias to asian women....Jin's face is what bugs me...I can't place it but it's like a slestack or one of those vampire movies/tv shows.....lol....

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-06, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Commentary"
I can see why people are bailing on this show. I mean last night's episode? A TOTAL suckathon. Henry Gale? Pfft. Brings nothing to the storyline, and brings nothing out of the characters and does nothing to expose their true motivations. And that ending? Completely stupid.

Jin & Sun's relationship? ZZZZzzzz. The Sun pregnancy conundrum? Totally predictable. I mean, what's with the writing on this show? </sarcasm>

Look people, it's very simple. This continues to be the most original and inventive show on TV, despite the lags in scheduling. If folks choose to walk away from it, bully for them, but I'm sick of hearing how bad this show has become. Watch or don't watch, but take your complaining elsewhere. Me? I'm still as entertained with the show now as I was at the beginning of Season 1. They can't all be masterpieces, or you wind up with "24" Syndrome--trying to outdo yourself every week, until the story becomes preposterously laughable.

Episodes like last night's are why I watch the show. Totally-effing-brilliant.

Fester

03-23-06, 12:33 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Commentary"
Agree with you 100%, Fester. I still love this show as much as I did after the first episode. Am I pissed at the number of re-runs? You betcha, but I am so giddy when it's time for a new episode I can't see straight.

I hope this show runs for years. Love it.

it's an Arkie!

SenecaTurtle 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-23-06, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SenecaTurtle Click to send private message to SenecaTurtle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Curious about the map..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-06 AT 11:36 AM (EST)

Was it written on a page out of the book Henry was reading? I didn't pay close enough attention.

*ST*

TeamJoisey 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-23-06, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Curious about the map..."
Yes, it was written on the back of the title page torn from the paperback version of Dostoevsky's The Brothers Karamazov.

AnaNg3 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-23-06, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AnaNg3 Click to send private message to AnaNg3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For The 03-22-06 Episode"
I'm a huge lost fan but my interest is waning. I mean they made the Sun and Jin pregnacy thing to be a big deal. They're married. So What? If they want drama have Kate sleep with Sawyer and Jack then get pregnant and see the sparks fly. I'm fine with an episode that doesn't have a lot of action. I really liked the Charlie one a few weeks ago. And the Claire ep was excellent but I forget that when there is 2 weeks between them. It's just not fun. I'd rather have them take a whole month off than for them to do the have an ep then take 2 weeks off crap. I'm sorry but Grey's Anatomy is my new favorite show b/c unlike Lost and Desperate Housewives it actually manages to air almost every week. I still love the show. I just want it to be consistent.

TenPin 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-23-06, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TenPin Click to send private message to TenPin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For The 03-22-06 Episode"
I agree Grey's Anatomy is fun to watch, but give it time, the re-runs will come.

TenPin

Siren 246 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-06, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Siren Click to send private message to Siren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Addressing the re-runs"
It sounds like a lot of people are still upset over the amount of re-runs. For what it's worth, Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse addressed the "Why so many re-runs?" question during their podcast this week. Here is my messy transcribed version of the answer for anyone interested:

It takes us about three weeks to one month to make an episode of the show. We work pretty much year-round on the show, but by the time we actually write the episodes, produce the episodes, do all the post-production on the episodes, we physically cannot produce more than 22 to 24 episodes a season. This year we're doing 24 and we are killing ourselves to accomplish actually making 24 hours of the show. The problem is, there are 52 weeks in the year and the network business works in its own mysterious ways, but they have certain periods when they really need to have original episodes. One is at the beginning of the season when they are launching new shows and, because "Lost" is successful, they want the ratings of the show to launch the show behind it. And then there are three sweeps periods, which matter to the networks because that's when ratings are measured on a much more intensive level and they use those ratings to set advertising rates, and since this is a business about making money, they want to get the most ratings that they can during sweeps. So, basically, the show has to be on at the beginning of the season, it has to be on during November for November sweeps, it has to be on in February for February sweeps and it has to be on in May for May sweeps. As a result, the 22 episodes get scattered across those four periods and, you know, I think the whole schedule is 36 weeks or something like that.

It gets very frustrating and I think, more importantly, the season catches up with you - that is to say right now, at the time of this podcast, we are basically writing the final three episodes - four hours of the show, but production is right up against us. We're going to be shooting the last three hours simultaneously with three different crews in order to get the episodes on the air by May sweeps.

We're delivering the episodes wet, which is the best we can do, which is why you probably see shows like "24". They can do a consecutive run because they start in January, as opposed to September when "Lost" starts, but they're writing the show at the same rate that we are. So, essentially, all of us are cramming at the end stages.

another fantabulous Kittyloaf® creation

Take what you wish from that, but I forgive them. I still love this show and there's no doubt in my mind that each episode is not easy to write and produce quickly - that's what makes it a good show, IMHO.

03-23-06, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Addressing the re-runs"
I'm glad they are addressing the re-run issue. That means they know we are getting p'd.

My beef is not with the production. I can imagine how long it takes to write and produce this show. My beef is with the networks who are still operating their business as they did 50 years ago. Television is a different beast...with DVR's and crazy lifestyles. I think they need to adapt. If I am going to invest my time to one of their shows, they need to commit to a schedule. Enough already!!!!!!!

To Fester...
Right on! Great ep. Henry Gale is freakin' awesome. He gives me chills.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-06, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "The Network problem"
I agree that ABC needs to address the growing frustration surrounding re-runs and commit to a schedule, but the problem is a little more complicated than that. Ratings, which is what drives Networks, are compiled by Nielsen. Nielsen is the engine that drives survey periods. "Sweeps" periods are the times when all markets are surveyed (November, February, and May), not just the top 25 or so. Those periods are determined by Nielsen, not ABC. So, considering that their advertising revenue is based in large part on the Sweeps ratings, ABC's choices are limited.

Unless they're willing to say, run "Desperate Housewives" September through January and "Lost" January through May, or some such "outside the box" arrangement, then I'm afraid we'll still be saddled with a 40-week season, with 24 episodes. That's nearly 4 months of dead programming weeks, unfortunately.

Now if they could just convince Nielsen to change their methodology...

Fester

03-23-06, 08:43 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Addressing the re-runs"
I don't blame them...I blame ABC....you've got a great thing and you're killing it because you're being gready to launch a new program behind it and hit all 3 sweeps....

skeetergirl87 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-24-06, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail skeetergirl87 Click to send private message to skeetergirl87 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Addressing the re-runs"
I guess I just don't get all of the fuss about re-runs. Every other show has them, so why should we expect Lost to be any different. I've said it before, I like the re-runs. I don't have Tivo or tape the shows, so it gives me a chance to re-watch them and look for things I might have missed or watch an episode I might have missed entirely. I didn't catch all of the episodes from the first season, so I'm enjoying watching some of them for the first time. It's kind of fun to watch an old episode knowing what's going to happen or to see how characters have changed, etc. I love the show so much that I'll watch whatever episode they're airing whether it's a repeat or not.

Maybe the problem is that the show is so good that we just can't wait for the next new episode. Do people complain when they show re-runs of every other program? No.

03-25-06, 07:52 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Addressing the re-runs"
I guess I just don't get all of the fuss about re-runs. Every other show has them, so why should we expect Lost to be any different.

I think it is different from other shows. When I sit down to watch CSI I am committing to an hour of my time for a story. If it is a rerun that week, it does not affect the overall story. Lost is different. We are committing to 24 hours of a story per year. The sequence matters to the storytelling. The timing matters to the storytelling. Each episdoe is part of the overall story and not a self-contained piece such as a CSI or a Law and Order episode. Would you watch a rerun of Survivor out of sequence?

I understand the need for re-runs, but don't have two weeks on, two weeks off. If there needs to be block scheduling, then have six episode blocks or something.

Timing is everything.

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-23-06, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For The 03-22-06 Episode"
The Sun and Jin plotline was brilliant. You just never see character development like that on television anymore, and it was phenomenal.

(And for the question asked earlier... I don't think Sun cheated. The "other man" said, "Don't go to America. Stay... but for me, not Jin." From the first season, we know she didn't take that advice. I don't think she stayed for him at all, even temporarily.)

The Sayid and Ana subplot was tense and well-written. I thought it entirely well done. And Charlie was the perfect level of comic relief, not at all over-the-top.

The show was brilliantly written. Even Henry's wondering about the food in the hatch was so outside "stock character" stuff. It was brilliant, and the writing for all of his stuff was wonderful. The whole episode was well written.

I'm wondering about Henry's beard, though. The fact that he was cleanly shaved at capture coming up so immediately after the beard and theatrical glue just made me wonder a little. (Yeah, I know it was Zeke's, or whatever, but still, it seems to mean something, Henry's being shaved.)

pumpkinqueen 220 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-06, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pumpkinqueen Click to send private message to pumpkinqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For The 03-22-06 Episode"
The Sayid and Ana subplot was tense and well-written. I thought it entirely well done. And Charlie was the perfect level of comic relief, not at all over-the-top.

i agree. Sayid and Ana have always reminded me of each other, but for the whole "killing Shannon" thing they would work great together--as they kind of did with Henry.

I'm wondering about Henry's beard, though. The fact that he was cleanly shaved at capture coming up so immediately after the beard and theatrical glue just made me wonder a little.

Henry really gives me the creeps. he has be one of the Others. the parachute as test idea--they find a parachute and that means his story is true? i guess asking where he buried his wife is not much better--if he's an Other. the whole creepy/devious factor would make me keep a really close eye on him either way. why would someone who has been stranded on an island, lost his wife, caught in a trap, shot with an arrow, locked in a cell, and tortured f with his captors like that? seems a little odd to me.

maybe he's mad as a hatter because of all that.

actually, it's a PhoenixMons

skeetergirl87 136 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-06, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail skeetergirl87 Click to send private message to skeetergirl87 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For The 03-22-06 Episode"
When they first showed Sun and her tutor, I was really disappointed that they were going to have them have an affair and have the "Is Jin the Father" plotline. Even though Jin was being an a$$ to Sun at the time, I still wanted her to not go down that road. The writers could have very easily done that and I'm glad they didn't go for the soap-opera angle, even though it could have added more "drama". I much prefer the Island Miracle angle. I think it makes their characters much deeper.

realitycoholic 216 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-06, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitycoholic Click to send private message to realitycoholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For The 03-22-06 Episode"
Was it just me, or did anyone else hear the backward-language sounding conversation between Sawyer and Bernard??? My friend and I just watched it tonight and we replayed the scene over and over and it was still gibberish and sounded just like Walt's "Paul is Dead" talk.

The conversation was right after Sawyer walks up to Jin and Bernard, calls Jin "Daddy-O", and then launches into a conversation with Bernard. The first part of the conversation is intelligible, but then the last couple of exchanges between the two are unintelligible. Jin, at that point, looks very confused and when he later tells Sun that he can't understand anyone, I thought it fit right in.

Why is this not all over these boards??? Or, am I just missing the thread somewhere? HELP!

**Work of arzt by PhoenixMons**

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-06, 01:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For The 03-22-06 Episode"
That gibberish is what Jin was hearing, because he doesn't understand English.

Spring sig pic by Arkiegrl!

Swim with me

realitycoholic 216 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-06, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitycoholic Click to send private message to realitycoholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For The 03-22-06 Episode"
Really?? I just didn't get that at all! I thought it was another Lost strangeness. Thanks for the clarification...

**Work of arzt by PhoenixMons**

03-24-06, 12:01 PM (EST)
31. "RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For The 03-22-06 Episode"
And you got to love Sun running into Hugo in the jungle with the candy bar and the pregnancy test in each of their hands....lol...

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-06, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For The 03-22-06 Episode"
Uh...

I just found this in the jungle... and it's not melted or anything!

::gigglepants::

Just don't tell me what I can't do.

TeamJoisey 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-28-06, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread For The 03-22-06 Episode"
It wasn't gibberish, it was backwards audio of some fairly innocuous lines about whether Sawyer should tell Jin about the baby. They played it backwards to reinforce the point that Jin can't understand anyone who speaks English. Later in the episode he tells Sun that's one of the reasons he needs her.

go here to hear the audio.

Walt's lines weren't gibberish either, and they were sorta interesting plot points.

03-25-06, 08:08 AM (EST)
34. "Sun and Jin's Miracle"
Could there be a scientific explanation for Jin's newfound fertility?

Okay, I am exposing myself as a wack-job in telling my story but here it goes....

When DH and I decided to have babies I was travelling on the road for work a lot. During one journey my co-worker and I decided to work in the car and I sat with the lap-top and battery charger in my lap while we worked. At one point, he said "move that battery charger, you don't want to fry an ovary". I didn't know that I was already pregnant at the time and I subsequently found out I was having twins. From the ultrasound it was estimated that my little zygotes split during that business trip. Okay here is my crazy part....I firmly believe that it was some electromagnetic thing that happened while I was working with the laptop and charger on my lap. To furhter my miracle, I have subsequently found out that I cannot have more children and that was my only shot. I'm glad my reproductive organs got zapped.

Maybe Jin's did too.

Crazy story over.

1derfool 185 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-06, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 1derfool Click to send private message to 1derfool Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Sun and Jin's Miracle"
I don't think you're a wack-job.

Magnetic and electro-magnetic therapy has been said to be a cure or fix for so many things from excessive hair loss in dogs and cats to infertility and cancer treatment. I really don't know how many of these thousands of claims are true but I have heard and read enough to know a lot of things can be cured or fixed with magnetic therapy of some sort. It wouldn't surprise me if your miracle twins were at least influenced, if not completely the result of the electromagnetic field of the charger.

As for Sun and Jin..... well, we do have one heck of a strong magnetic source on the island, don't we? Fertility treatment for Jin would go well with The Others' plan to collect kids. Get every fertile woman pregnant, more children to collect later on.

I mentioned last year in one thread that I wouldn't be surprised if the mystery magnetic field that affected Sayid's compass (we didn't know about the magnetic wall in the hatch at this point) might have something to do with Locke's ability to walk again. One of the claims for magnetic therapy is along the lines of 'nerve regeneration'. That could fit in with Locke's paralysis disappearing.

03-25-06, 11:26 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Sun and Jin's Miracle"
I mentioned last year in one thread that I wouldn't be surprised if the mystery magnetic field that affected Sayid's compass (we didn't know about the magnetic wall in the hatch at this point) might have something to do with Locke's ability to walk again. One of the claims for magnetic therapy is along the lines of 'nerve regeneration'. That could fit in with Locke's paralysis disappearing.

If the magnetic field did cure Locke it would have to be one amazingly powerful field--Locke was "cured" almost the instant they crashed on the island.

The writers of this show have a lot of 'splaining to do.

It's an Arkie!

1derfool 185 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-06, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 1derfool Click to send private message to 1derfool Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Sun and Jin's Miracle"
Here's one of the sources where I got the idea about Locke being cured by the magnetism. There are other studies in 'real life' to support the possiblity of the island's magetism allowing him to walk again. I do admit that the healing process was rather fast (or instantaneous to be exact), but they had to speed up his healing for story purposes. They could explain the speedy recovery by the sheer strength of the magnetic force on the island compared to the weak magnets used in medical studies -- the stronger the magnet, the faster the cure .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3701365.stm

BBC News website:

Magnetic therapy for spine injury Tuesday, 11 May, 2004
>
> Doctors at Imperial College London administered magnetic stimulation to the brains
> of people with partial damage to their spinal cord.
>
> The therapy led to improved muscle and limb movement, and increased ability to feel
> sensations.
>
> Details of the technique - known as repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) - are
> published in the journal Spinal Cord.

There are also claims and studies about magnetism curing or at least improving infertility, cancer and a host of other ailments as well as pain relief and healing. In a plane crash were most of the people 'should' have died, you'd think there would be a lot more survivors in agonizing pain, yet we didn't see Jack administering too many Tylenols. Could the pain have been lessened by the magnetism? Excrutiating pain that Booth experienced when he was injured could have been too much for the magnet to eliminated completely. Just some thoughts. It seems they made such a big deal of showing the magnet(s) that it is too important to just pass up as nothing.

03-26-06, 02:19 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Sun and Jin's Miracle"
I'm not doubting the magnetism theory, I'm just pointing out that Locke started walking the minute he was on the island. We also still do not know how Locke became paralyzed--trauma due to accident, disease, psychosomatic--so what the cure was will be interesting, to say the least.

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •