The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

Das Mole 2364 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-12-06, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
""23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
OK...so, basically there's one thing in particular in this episode that I really didn't understand, and that made me feel tempted to just change the channel since it was so out there...

I think you all know what I'm talking about...

The black cloud? What the hell? OK, "Lost" was realistic from the start since there was nothing really extraterrestrial or whatever, and you're pretty much expecting the whole show to be about these people...yeah, no. So now they throw in this black swirly cloud of smoke? It seems so out of place, especially in this show, it kinda put me off for a bit.

Anyway...what did everybody else think of it (and of other things in the episode, too)?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion dragonflies 01-12-06 1
   RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion blacknwhitedog 01-12-06 40
       RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion Das Mole 01-12-06 43
 RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion J Slice 01-12-06 2
 RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion CattyChat 01-12-06 3
   RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion Maroonclown 01-12-06 5
       RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion skeetergirl87 01-12-06 15
 RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion bystander 01-12-06 4
   RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion maroonclowns mom 01-12-06 6
       RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion bystander 01-12-06 8
 RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion Maroonclown 01-12-06 7
   RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion bystander 01-12-06 9
       RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion Maroonclown 01-12-06 10
 RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion zombiebaby 01-12-06 11
 RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion Jelohi715 01-12-06 12
   RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion Maroonclown 01-12-06 13
   Showers! realitycoholic 01-12-06 45
 RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion skeetergirl87 01-12-06 14
   RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion Maroonclown 01-12-06 16
       RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion dragonflies 01-12-06 28
       RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion mrc 01-12-06 29
           RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion dragonflies 01-12-06 31
           RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion Maroonclown 01-12-06 32
           RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion Jelohi715 01-13-06 70
 RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion blacknwhitedog 01-12-06 17
   RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion Maroonclown 01-12-06 19
       RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion maroonclowns mom 01-12-06 20
           RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion Maroonclown 01-12-06 21
       RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion PepeLePew13 01-12-06 63
 RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion sisyphus 01-12-06 18
   RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion HobbsofMI 01-12-06 23
       RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion Maroonclown 01-12-06 24
           RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion HobbsofMI 01-12-06 25
   RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion whimsey 01-12-06 27
       RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion shuiheart 01-12-06 33
       RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion winter999 01-12-06 34
           RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion winter999 01-12-06 36
       RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion chickgigi 01-12-06 35
           RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion Farmie 01-12-06 37
               Vid Caps blacknwhitedog 01-12-06 41
                   Poodles! realitycoholic 01-12-06 46
                       ha, ha blacknwhitedog 01-12-06 47
                           RE: ha, ha Maroonclown 01-12-06 48
                               RE: ha, ha volsfan 01-12-06 51
   I think I saw what sisyphus saw moonbaby 01-12-06 64
       RE: I think I saw what sisyphus saw Bebo 01-13-06 67
           RE: I think I saw what sisyphus saw HobbsofMI 01-13-06 68
 RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion Chez 01-12-06 22
   RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion HobbsofMI 01-12-06 26
 RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion weltek 01-12-06 30
 I got a chuckle.... bystander 01-12-06 38
   RE: I got a chuckle.... weltek 01-12-06 39
       RE: I got a chuckle.... Maroonclown 01-12-06 42
           RE: I got a chuckle.... Das Mole 01-12-06 44
 RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion miamicatt 01-12-06 49
   RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion J I M B O 01-12-06 50
       RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion DSpunk 01-12-06 53
           RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion miamicatt 01-12-06 56
               RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion DSpunk 01-12-06 58
           RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion J I M B O 01-12-06 57
               RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion DSpunk 01-12-06 59
                   RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion J I M B O 01-12-06 60
                       RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion DSpunk 01-12-06 61
                           RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion J I M B O 01-12-06 62
 RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion J I M B O 01-12-06 52
   RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion DSpunk 01-12-06 54
       RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion J I M B O 01-12-06 55
           RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion Jelohi715 01-13-06 71
               RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion J I M B O 01-13-06 72
 RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion trigirl 01-13-06 65
   RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion PackMan 01-13-06 66
 Black Smoke trigirl 01-13-06 69
   RE: Black Smoke batts 01-17-06 73

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-12-06, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
I enjoyed both episodes. The black cloud was bizarre, and turned this show into much more a stretch from reality than it had been.

The whole Sawyer/Kate/Jack thing is starting to really irritate me.

What was the last line that "Walt" typed?

Does Eko think he is Jesus? The whole good vs evil thing, 40 days of silence, etc.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
I think it was

"You have to come..." (get me?)

2005 PhoenixMons

01-12-06, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
I'm thinking he was telling Michael to come to some place in particular, hence he leaves...otherwise, I wouldn't think he would leave unless he had some idea where to go...well, maybe he would. :-P

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
I still wanna know what the hell that cloud is.

Nanobots? metal shavings? evil death flies?

I found it to be extremely creepy in appearance, though. If I had seen it slithering through the jungle like Eko had, I'd have peed myself.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-12-06, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
GREAT ep. I was LOVING the Mr. Eko back story & now just need to know what he was doing in Australia taking a flight to LA. Hmm.

I have a serious love/hate relationship with Lost. I LOVE the show, but HATE how each ep creates more new questions than answers. No, I really love that too .

I need to know what the deal is with the "monster/black cloud." I want to see what the similarities are between Locke & Mr. Eko, as the only two men to NOT FEAR & face the "monster." Does the monster only kill those who fear it or is there another motive?

I thought the whole theme of last night's show was great, the writers are great at what they do.

I don't understand why Michael is so secretive about communicating with Walt on the computer. Why wouldn't he want Locke & Jack & others' help in tracking Walt. Doesn't make sense to me.

Also felt bad for Charlie a little bit. Claire was a little quick in attacking him & booting him from their hut. I was hoping that he was holding onto the statue as a religious icon, because he WAS religious when he was younger. Very disappointed when he went to his "stash." So, is he already using again or did he save them just in case he wants to relapse?

I actually like the Jack/Sawyer/Kate triangle. It's obvious Kate is in love with Sawyer & vice-versa and they do have chemistry, so I'd like to see them together, since I am not on the island . I see Jack & Ana Lucia getting together (unless she goes to jail -- then she'll have to be the next major character death, which is even better).

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
I don't understand why Michael is so secretive about communicating with Walt on the computer. Why wouldn't he want Locke & Jack & others' help in tracking Walt. Doesn't make sense to me.

I was glad to have the recap show because I wasn't sure if Michael stumbled onto speaking with the computer or if he actually knew he wasn't supposed to be using the computer for anything other than entering the code.

He does know he's forbidden from using the computer, hence the secrecy.

Rolly Sig Shop

skeetergirl87 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-12-06, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail skeetergirl87 Click to send private message to skeetergirl87 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
I think he's being secretive because he wants to go after Walt himself, not because he's "forbidden". I don't think that everyone has bought into the Dharma Initiatives' rules about everything, especially Jack, so I think some of them wouldn't mind if he was using it for communication. But, I think he doesn't want them to know that he's been talking to Walt, if it really is Walt. He already lied to Locke about not going after Walt alone and that's the reason why he wanted to learn how to shoot a gun.

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-12-06, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
We've seen the Black Cloud before, in the first season. I have to admit, it's kinda disappointing to throw some CGI cloud image into the show. Kinda makes the whole thing lose some appeal, at least to me.

maroonclowns mom 1102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-12-06, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maroonclowns%20mom Click to send private message to maroonclowns%20mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
Was that not the thing Locke wanted to follow down a hole but was held back by Jack?

01-12-06, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
I believe so. We saw the black cloud in that episode and then "something" grabbed Locke by the Leg and tried to pull him into the hole.

We've also seen quick shots of the cloud now and then shooting around the jungle.

01-12-06, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
I know there is no way of knowing this but does something weird happen every time the code is entered? Say for instance, Michael entered the code when he was supposed to and that activated the black cloud.

Or when the original keeper of the code entered it, the polar bear showed up.

Does entering the code activate the odd happenings on the Island? And if the code is not entered does that mean, no more polar bears, no more Walt holograms, no more black clouds . . .

Or everyone is just stoned on heroin. How many statues did they have on that plane?

Rolly Sig Shop

01-12-06, 09:55 AM (EST)
9. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
Or everyone is just stoned on heroin. How many statues did they have on that plane?

I believe Echo's brother told him they had 300 statues when they were in the church. Who knows how many survived the plane crash.

01-12-06, 09:57 AM (EST)
10. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
They call it runoff, my friend.

Got into the water table.

Rolly Sig Shop

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
I was not really feeling the love for this episode. I was so excited to have an Eko episode. His story was pretty good too.

But I have to echo the stretch from not reality cause let's face it this show is anything but, but the stretch from believability.

I thought the cloud-smoke thing was cool. What was it doing to Eko? What were those flashes? Where they reading his thoughts?

But the fact that his plane and brother were there on the island? Unless we figure that the horse Kate saw was in fact the horse that saved her life and Jack saw his father for real. Maybe the "monster" projects their thoughts into reality?

I don't know...I just did not get a big WOW factor from this episode for some rason.

A PhoenixMons Creation

Jelohi715 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-12-06, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jelohi715 Click to send private message to Jelohi715 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
I want to know why they're not staying in the bunker! Screw camping on the beach, I would totally be sacked out on one of those comfy bunk beds!

01-12-06, 10:07 AM (EST)
13. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
And be trapped underground? I don't think so.

Of course, moving some of the beds up above should be a plan.

Rolly Sig Shop

realitycoholic 216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-12-06, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitycoholic Click to send private message to realitycoholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "Showers!"
Exactly what I said to my husband! Regardless of it's underground status, I'd be holed up in that cozy bunk bed and showering daily!

**Work of arzt by PhoenixMons**

skeetergirl87 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-12-06, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail skeetergirl87 Click to send private message to skeetergirl87 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
I missed some of the episode because I was trying to multi-task by fixing supper at the same time. But, I will have to say that Eko is my new favorite character. I love that he is both good and bad at the same time. And the actor that portrays him is awesome!

I also didn't like the black cloud thing. I kept thinking there was a logical explanation for the "monster", but now there really isn't, which opens the door for just about anything. Why didn't Eko run? We're led to believe that he'd never seen it before, but he seemed to know somehow that if he stood his ground, it wouldn't hurt him. Locke had the same reaction, but he had seen it before and had time to think about it.

So many questions! It will take a whole season just to answer them all!

01-12-06, 10:16 AM (EST)
16. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
Why didn't Eko run?

23rd Psalm: Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;

Can it be this simple?

Rolly Sig Shop

01-12-06, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
I agree. He has made his peace with his God. But did you catch the misquote? I think it was mentioned on another thresd as well.

"...Yea, though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death..."

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
Maybe I misheard, but didn't he misquote the verse: "Yea, though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death"? May or may not be significant.

A Slice of Us for the Rest of Us!
"Because that's what Jesus would freakin' do!"--Izzie

01-12-06, 11:00 AM (EST)
31. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-06 AT 11:01 AM (EST)

Jinx!

etf missing return

32. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
OMH! I missed that. Good catch!

I've said it before - it's a Bizarro world.

Rolly Sig Shop

01-13-06, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jelohi715 Click to send private message to Jelohi715 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
70. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
Yeah I noticed that too. Didn't Charlie say it wrong right along with him? Might have been a script error...

01-12-06, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
Locke also had a face to face encounter with the "monster" that he never talked about. I wonder if it was similar to Eko's experience. We also saw the black cloud/smoke before when it tried to pull Locke into the ground.

I like the theory that if you mess with the computer it activates the "security system".

Did you notice that "Eko" is "Locke" without the L & C?
DH thinks that is significant.

2005 PhoenixMons

01-12-06, 10:27 AM (EST)
19. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
Do we know Eko is spelled E K O. It could be spelled E K C O.

Then we could visit the whole D O G backwards is G O D thing and that would bring Vincent right back into the picture.

Rolly Sig Shop

maroonclowns mom 1102 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maroonclowns%20mom Click to send private message to maroonclowns%20mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
Oh my beloved Vincent. Looking very healthy for no dog food

01-12-06, 10:40 AM (EST)
21. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
Maybe that's what the stolen children are used for.

Rolly Sig Shop

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
It's spelled "Mr. Eko" both on the TV guide listings and in the closed captioning.

Check out my Survivor Guatemala Finale episode summary

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

sisyphus 321 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-12-06, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sisyphus Click to send private message to sisyphus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
I really loved this episode,,,,,Eko's story was really fascinating but still there are questions.....did eko become a priest or revert to his old lifestyle...was he really a good person pretending to be bad or a bad person....yes he shot the old man but that was to save his brother.....like kill or be killed....

One question I have and maybe those people with tivo/DVR can answer for......when the black was leaving, I am almost sure there was like a human shape within in it (grey)....somewhat like in the movies when you see a soul/spirit leave a body.....did anyone else see this.....and what could it mean....I have my theories but I need corroboration of this first, since it is possible I maybe seeing things....

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
You also have to remember that Mr. Eko was going to be taken by the other but killed the two that tried. So that would make him a Good person because the others took only the good people.

sig by PM and bouncy by IceCat

01-12-06, 10:52 AM (EST)
24. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
Ana Lucia killed an Other too, didn't she?

Rolly Sig Shop

01-12-06, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
Yes but Ana tackeled her....they were not in the process of trying to take Ana.

whimsey 4402 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-12-06, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail whimsey Click to send private message to whimsey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
One question I have and maybe those people with tivo/DVR can answer for......when the black was leaving, I am almost sure there was like a human shape within in it (grey)....somewhat like in the movies when you see a soul/spirit leave a body.....did anyone else see this.....and what could it mean....I have my theories but I need corroboration of this first, since it is possible I maybe seeing things....

I thought it was my imagination seeing faces in the black cloud as well, but decided it was the merlot from dinner talking. I thought it might have been a person, like Walt again, but I’d have to watch the recording to be sure.

whim

shuiheart 95 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-12-06, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shuiheart Click to send private message to shuiheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
There are screen caps out there that show the people and other images in the black cloud. They all seem to be related to Eko's past.

Let me see if I can find a link...

winter999 15 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail winter999 Click to send private message to winter999 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
When the camara panned through the black cloud, we thought we saw flashes of people, too. We went back and slow-mo'd it and, yes, there were 5-6 different people (maybe even more) that were flashed. One I think was his brother (grown). Another was the old man he killed. The rest I didn't recognize.

Someone get those screenshots, please!!

winter999 15 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail winter999 Click to send private message to winter999 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
While I'm thinking about it, if you check the appearance of people/things that are supposed to be impossible you get:

Jack's dad decked out in black
Walt is dressed in black
Kate's black horse

Could these all be manifestations of the black cloud? Could it be trying to communicate??

chickgigi 20 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail chickgigi Click to send private message to chickgigi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
Not your imagination. On whatever I was watching this morning (CNN Entertainment piece, I think) they showed it. It's pictures of all the significant events of Eko's past.

Farmie 71 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-12-06, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Farmie Click to send private message to Farmie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
I missed the images in the clouds but someone at work said that they saw them.

I find this interesting given the theme of the show last night. I've read that some people with near death experiences have their life flash before them. I dunno...just a thought.

Sig pic by PM

01-12-06, 12:44 PM (EST)
41. "Vid Caps"
looks like images of Eko's past

http://lost.cubit.net/pics/2x10/

2005 PhoenixMons

realitycoholic 216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-12-06, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitycoholic Click to send private message to realitycoholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "Poodles!"
I looked hard during the smoke scene to see if I could see anything...but it just looked like black standard poodles. Perhaps they are Vincent's dream dates?

**Work of arzt by PhoenixMons**

01-12-06, 02:33 PM (EST)
47. "ha, ha"
yeah some are fuzzy but some are really clear

2005 PhoenixMons

01-12-06, 02:39 PM (EST)
48. "RE: ha, ha"
But there was also a shot from Eko's POV that showed an awful lot more because you could see directly down the smoke's "throat".

Anyone have that shot?

Rolly Sig Shop

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: ha, ha"
Did you go to the link above? If so, did you see the pic you are talking about? There are lots of pics there and it would be hard to pull the one you are talking about with the description you give.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "I think I saw what sisyphus saw"
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-06 AT 08:58 PM (EST)

A human body shape off to the left? It happened so fast! I must go check that vidcap link! COOOOOL STUFF!

I think the crucifix one is where I realized something was in there.

Edited to remove big giant picture. Sorry!

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-06, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: I think I saw what sisyphus saw"
My nephew Tivo'ed the episode and went back through it frame by frame. (Terrible week for my DVR to croak, damn it.)

He saw images of people, and to him, it looked like a number of the people that had been shown as part of Eko's story.

01-13-06, 02:45 PM (EST)
68. "RE: I think I saw what sisyphus saw"
I so need a DVR/TIVO....

Chez 670 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-12-06, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
And the episode brings us back to questions about the island's location. It seems the drug plane really did take off from Nigeria (eastern Africa). How could it get to the south Pacific?

01-12-06, 10:55 AM (EST)
26. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
It was refilled by a KC-135 tanker....

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
I'm only claiming slight disappointment with the cloud, as I'm not discounting a semi-logical scientific explanation just yet.

We had Danielle tell us of the black smoke when she kidnapped little Aaron. It's baaaaack.

I'm eager to see the interactions between Locke & Eko in future eps. Do we have enough for factions to start splitting between Locke & Jack? I was wondering how it could split before, with Locke having few complete supporters. Now, I can see him & Eko leading a small group.

01-12-06, 12:17 PM (EST)
38. "I got a chuckle...."
....when Charlie asked Echo what he was gonna do if he didn't climb the tree.

Semi-Quote: "What are you going to do if I don't climb the tree?, beat me with your Jesus stick? And I find it funny that your Jesus stick has dried blood on it"

That was some great comic relief!

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: I got a chuckle...."
Yeah, I LOL, too! I hope Charlie & Hurley don't kick off anytime soon or we'll be left without comic relief!

01-12-06, 01:03 PM (EST)
42. "RE: I got a chuckle...."
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-06 AT 02:03 PM (EST)

Looks like Hurley might have the hots for that blonde tailey. Can't remember her name.

Would it be inappropriate for me to refer to her as the blonde tail piece?

01-12-06, 01:25 PM (EST)
44. "RE: I got a chuckle...."
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-06 AT 01:27 PM (EST)

Libby!

I really hope they make her more involved in the show...she's on the ABC website as one of the main characters, yet somehow I feel like we know more about Bernard and Rose than her, and they're not even listed =\ But apparently Hurley ends up having feelings for her in the next episode, and Sawyer tells him to say something to her?

ETA: I'm really hoping we find out what happened to Cindy (the flight attendant that went missing as they climbed up the "cliff" in the jungle)...I'm guessing it would be safe to assume that the Others took her, but I don't know...I really liked her, I wish she wouldn't have gone missing.

miamicatt 9247 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miamicatt Click to send private message to miamicatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
I'm back in bed with my nanobot theory now.

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
I think it is safe to assume some sort of nanobot technology.

Makes me wonder though…nanobots would be ridiculously advanced technology, so were they there from the beginning, or added to the island at some other time? If there from the beginning, then why the ancient-looking computer equipment in the bunker? Just a façade of older technology when they actually had access to some next-level #####?

DSpunk 3270 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DSpunk Click to send private message to DSpunk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
I haven't seen all of the episodes, but I think they're really trying to take science & religion and synthesize them... there was a line at one point last night where... oh, dude... the old freaky guy who was paralyzed but isn't anymore? He was talking to Jack, and he said something like, "That's why you and I don't see eye to eye. You're a thinker." When Jack pressed him on how that made them different, the guy said that he was more spiritually oriented or something...

Anyway... I don't know if they're going to tie it up in a neat little package for us... In a sense, I think the show's producers are trying to concentrate life... take its mysteries and make them as profoundly transcendent and as deeply terrifying as they probably would be if we really paid attention.

Sliced. Again.
but that's just me.

Hey! I think this is my first post outside OT!

miamicatt 9247 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miamicatt Click to send private message to miamicatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
Locke describes Jack as a man of science. He describes himself as a man of faith.

01-12-06, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DSpunk Click to send private message to DSpunk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
Thanks for clarifying!

Sliced. Again.

01-12-06, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"

Season one dvd. Get it. Then come back and post something new or useful.

01-12-06, 05:51 PM (EST)
59. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
Thanks, Hoser.

Sliced. Again.
I'll take that under advisement.

01-12-06, 05:59 PM (EST)
60. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"

Think your wife-to-be would like it? Might make a nice wedding present from Ryan.

01-12-06, 06:21 PM (EST)
61. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
So... now that you're going to have a son, does that mean you'll still send Christmas letters from your dog(s)? Or does the kid pull rank?

Sliced. Again.
I think that would be a fine wedding present. She was pretty hooked when I was over at her house last night, though she's scoffed at it in the past.

01-12-06, 06:27 PM (EST)
62. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"

Still from Jordan most likely. Wouldn't want the kid to grow up, realize I was using his name, and sue me or something...

01-12-06, 03:48 PM (EST)
52. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"

Loved the ep.!! One of my favorites. Eko rocks. It seemed clear to me through the flashbacks that he always had a good/spiritual streak, but did what he had to do to survive. Obviously, he had no problems killing what he judged to be scum…but after slitting the throats of the drug dudes, he looked upon the kid bystander with such mercy in his eyes. The actor is wonderful at communicating his ‘lines’ non-verbally.

After the plane left, I think he jumped at the opportunity to leave the tough-guy life behind. The army would spread the word that the infamous Mr. Eko was gone/dead…and he could start over.

I also liked the moment when Charlie joined in with the 23rd Psalm reciting. Made you think “maybe he really is carrying the statue for spiritual reasons”…then they show him stacking it on a dozen others and you’re left scratching your head. Added depth to Charlie though, which I liked.

The whole brother/plane being on the island is freaky, but I’m not surprised by seemingly impossible coincidences anymore…

01-12-06, 05:32 PM (EST)
54. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
I also liked the moment when Charlie joined in with the 23rd Psalm reciting. Made you think “maybe he really is carrying the statue for spiritual reasons”…then they show him stacking it on a dozen others and you’re left scratching your head. Added depth to Charlie though, which I liked.

I could be wrong, but I think that was a moment of temptation... in the face of being accused & rejected by Claire, would he take solace in the arms of his other heroin(e)? He resisted it for the moment, but didn't destroy it... perhaps symbolic of so many temptations we all have in life that we can say no to in the moment, but hold onto the idea that one day we'll go back to them.

Has anyone noticed how phenomenal the music is on Lost? I walked away from my TV, and was in the other room, and was still on the edge of my seat... even though I had no idea what was going on for ten minutes or so.

Sliced. Again.
I dig this show.

01-12-06, 05:41 PM (EST)
55. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"

it was two separate instances. the first was at the sight of the plane burning. i thot charlie (the former addict fyi) might break down into tears at the sight of all that H going up in smoke. then he starts reciting the psalm with eko (the large dark-skinned man fyi). made me think twice about why he was carrying the statue around...a memento of his abstention AND a spiritual symbol?

then they confuse the heck outta the sitiation with that bit and all the stashed figurines...

damn squirrels.

01-13-06, 03:52 PM (EST)
71. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
How dumb would it be to start using again just to run out? Could be useful as anesthetic for the Doc to have around...

01-13-06, 04:12 PM (EST)
72. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"

That’s why I was rather taken aback by his reaction to the burning plane. IF he was using again (or planning on it), you’d think he would have been horrified to see Eko light the plane on fire. On the bright side, there isn’t anything conclusive showing him using again…so there’s hope.

Maybe he’s saving it in case he is the last one alive and needs some imaginary friends…

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-13-06, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
Cool ep. I too watched the slo-mo version of the smoke at home (much to my DH's annoyance). Clearly saw the church steeple, Eko's bro, the man he shot, crucifixtion and a young woman who we have yet to meet, but must figure prominently in Eko's life. I thought the smoke was some kinda manifestation of Eko's conscience or emotions. The fact that Charlie saw it too freaked me out.

Remember the direction the actor who plays Locke got when it was his scene with the monster\smoke? He was directed to act as if 'the monter' was the most beautiful thing he has ever seen. Does this suggest a positive effect or a hypnotic effect?

Liked the interaction between Charlie and Eko. Charlie is quick to blame his brother for his problems yet Eko has a different relationship with his brother. We've got the daddy issues with Jack, Locke and Kate...now the brother ones with Chalie and Eko.

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-06, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PackMan Click to send private message to PackMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: "23rd Psalm" Episode Discussion"
I thought the smoke was some kinda manifestation of Eko's conscience or emotions. The fact that Charlie saw it too freaked me out.

But Charlie may not have seen it the same way the Eko did. I assume Eko saw all of the elements that have been picked out in the vidcaps, but Charlie may have only seen the "scary" black smoke. He may have even seen his own set of visions, thus leading him to recite the 23rd Psalm with Eko and building on this internal struggle that is building within him, pitting his religious beliefs against his drug habit.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-13-06, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "Black Smoke"
....and some of you thought I was crazy when I saw faces in the smoke last time. See Post

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-17-06, 05:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
73. "RE: Black Smoke"
I saw it Trigirl. The eyes and nose are VERY apparent when you put the picture in 'Effect Browser' and lower intensity. I'm glad someone here sees some of these things besides me. I've started telling myself I'm just seeing illusions, though, so, I havent reported a lot of stuff I keep seeing over and over. I'm just wondering when my 'Orangutang' is going to show up in an episode.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •