The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Did DT setup Randal as a Ringer??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice Spoilers/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Voltec 73 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-10-05, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Voltec Click to send private message to Voltec Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Did DT setup Randal as a Ringer??"
Both my Wife and I noticed on the first show that Randal's education really stood out and the more I have seen of him on the show, the more I think that he was picked as a Ringer. His fellow players obviously feel he is the strongest player; the two times the teams got to pick a player from the other time, they chose Randal. Even Vegas feels he is the huge favorite.

It really makes sense too - The first two winners were white males. The third, a white woman... if you could manufacture a winner, what would you choose for your 4th given the list of the first 3? As the show has passed midway I am getting the feeling that DT or Mark Burnett set it up so it was very likely he would win (aka, picked a very qualified person - him, with the rest not even being close to his level).

What do you all think?

Matt
PS. For the record, I am not black, so I do not believe that I am seeing this situation with a bias...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Did DT setup Randal as a Ringer... mysticwolf 11-11-05 1
   RE: Did DT setup Randal as a Ringer... volsfan 11-11-05 2
       RE: Did DT setup Randal as a Ringer... mysticwolf 11-11-05 3
           RE: Did DT setup Randal as a Ringer... volsfan 11-12-05 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-11-05, 01:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Did DT setup Randal as a Ringer??"
Fwiw, there was supposed to be one candidate DT DIDN'T choose personally. I'm betting Randall is the one. Obviously best suited for the job, with, imho, Rachell as a possible contender (now that Marshawn shot herself in the foot and is out). May be a set-up of sorts, but, if Randall's the one DT didn't pick, it won't come back to haunt him as having been the one to do create the set-up.

Would be interesting to know if the "outsider" was chosen blind, or if those who chose him/her knew the qualifications of DT's picks first.

A Tribephyl Awesome Autumn

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-05, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Did DT setup Randal as a Ringer??"
As Estee pointed out here D didn't know that Clay was gay and I think it could be argued that he (Clay) was the one Donald didn't choose.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-05, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Did DT setup Randal as a Ringer??"
All due respect, vols... Yes, I saw what Estee posted, and I'm willing to agree that's a definite possibility. (I certainly wouldn't want to gainsay the inestimable Estee. For real. ) But, however much they keep saying that this is a 14 week interview, my bet is that they consider the initial interview to get onto the show as the primary (only countable, from a discrimination sense) "interview", if you will.

If you take that possibility into consideration, it allows for the unbelievably unethical, and quite possibly illegal, comments/questions about sexual experience and orientation DT made during that boardroom. I can also easily believe that DT chose Clay without knowing his sexual orientation, because that kind of question wasn't permitted at the "real" interview. The one that got the contestants on the show to bein with. After all, after getting on the show to start with, most, if not all, of the "firings" are DT subjective.

I've also seen arguments suggesting that Markus was the non-DT choice. I could believe that, as well. I just brought up the possibility that it could be Randall as well, and why that might be another realistic (imho) possibility.

A Tribephyl Awesome Autumn

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-05, 07:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Did DT setup Randal as a Ringer??"
Maybe it is just too obvious from my perspective that Clay is gay and I thought if there were any type of time spent with him in an interview one would realize his sexual orientation. The question can't be asked but I think the interviewer would get an idea and wouldn't be too surprised when it came out.

I understand what you are saying though. Maybe this is something we will never know for sure.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •