The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is Randall a Jerk or What??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice Spoilers/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

RealityOne 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-15-05, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityOne Click to send private message to RealityOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is Randall a Jerk or What??"
Well is he?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is Randall a Jerk or What?? byoffer 12-15-05 1
   PS byoffer 12-15-05 3
 RE: Is Randall a Jerk or What?? MasterTech 12-15-05 2
 Trump is the Jerk! ARnutz 12-15-05 4
   RE: Trump is the Jerk! DooWahDitty 12-15-05 5
   Two Wrongs Dont Make a Right idiotcowboy 12-15-05 8
 RE: Is Randall a Jerk or What?? shanana banana 12-15-05 6
   RE: Is Randall a Jerk or What?? Master B 12-15-05 7
 RE: Is Randall a Jerk or What?? tn_peachie 12-16-05 9
 RE: Is Randall a Jerk or What?? tumtum 12-16-05 10
   RE: Is Randall a Jerk or What?? Reality432423 12-16-05 11
       RE: Is Randall a Jerk or What?? volsfan 12-16-05 12
 RE: Is Randall a Jerk or What?? Glass 12-16-05 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-15-05, 11:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is Randall a Jerk or What??"
I don't know if I would call him a jerk, but he did not win tonight.

He has the best education and probably better business skills, and he got the job. So he won that.

But Rebecca totally out-classed him tonight. She kept a positive mind about everything. She was competitive, without going overboard. She was strong, but she never tried to dis Randal. Her response to the "too much education" question was very good.

And then at the end, Randal made a very bad business decision for Donald. Trump org is huge, and as with almost every good organization, depends on good people. If his ego was too big to let her get hired also then he is the wrong choice for the job.

He would have still been the Apprentice, and Trump Org would have been stronger. Now he just looks like a bad winner.

Just my $0.02.

Sig by me. Wish the rider was me!

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-05, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "PS"
If I might just add, Alla is the jerk.

Sig by me. Wish the rider was me!

MasterTech 57 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-05, 11:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MasterTech Click to send private message to MasterTech Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is Randall a Jerk or What??"
UUUUFFFF...

Yeah, I was really kinda pissed that Randal couldn't be humble enough to say that Rebecca would be an asset.

I was thinking that Donald might have the chutzpah to hire both since they've both been outstanding... I wrote it on another site just as the show started... and I was certain he was going to do it. I'm a bit surprised that he let it lie after Randal's opinion... he is the boss, after all, and could hire anyone he wanted.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-05, 11:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Trump is the Jerk!"
He's the one that posed the question on live TV not knowing what the reaction would be.

Don't blame a reality show DAW who just won a freakin' game show and was put on the spot!

I wouldn't hire Rebecca either!

DooWahDitty 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-15-05, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Trump is the Jerk!"
Agreed. It sounds like he was just caught up in the moment.

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-15-05, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Two Wrongs Dont Make a Right"
Randal is an #####hole, which has nothing to do with Donald it has to do with himself.

-ICB

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-15-05, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Is Randall a Jerk or What??"
NO.

Trump didn't have the balls to break tradition himself and hire them both, and instead let Randall take the fall as the bad guy tonight.

Trump tarnished the ending of an otherwise spectacular season.

Master B 106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-15-05, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Master%20B Click to send private message to Master%20B Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Is Randall a Jerk or What??"
LAST EDITED ON 12-15-05 AT 11:44 PM (EST)

I think that was a low class move on Trump and Burnett's part.

If they wanted to change the rules and hire two, fine do it.

If Randall says don't hire her, everyone call him an a$$. Have some balls Trump.

tn_peachie 77 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tn_peachie Click to send private message to tn_peachie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Is Randall a Jerk or What??"
Yes he is and he really looked like one.

tumtum 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tumtum Click to send private message to tumtum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Is Randall a Jerk or What??"
He said no because he had some sort of problem with her (Rebecca), that we probably did not see. He was being nice when he said there is only one Apprentice.

Reality432423 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 03:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Reality432423 Click to send private message to Reality432423 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Is Randall a Jerk or What??"
Are you guys kidding me, Trump is a Jerk in this one? Randall and pretty everyone knew what was happening. Trump even asked both contestants what job they wanted. He asked that not to be a conflict.

Randall knew Trump was hiring Rebecca also. He made his choice there.

Heaven Forbid it's impossible that's it's Randalls fault. That just can't be true.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Is Randall a Jerk or What??"
Randall knew Trump was hiring Rebecca also.

I have to disagree here. If Trump was going to hire Rebecca, he would have hired Rebecca! Trump has too big of an ego to not hire someone he wants to hire.

Glass 381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-16-05, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glass Click to send private message to Glass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Is Randall a Jerk or What??"
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-05 AT 09:23 AM (EST)

Man, I dunno...

My only reaction, and I can't get past it, is that I just don't get it.

There's discussion in the episode thread about the Golden Edit they both received, which leads the viewer to believe that there's absolutely no reason that they shouldn't both be hired. But maybe Randall wasn't as impressed with Rebecca as he seemed on TV? Maybe he really did think she was just too young?

I have a lot of trouble accepting Randall's "Only One" explanation. It just doesn't make any sense to me to weaken Trump org. by denying Trump a spectacular employee like the one the viewers saw on the last task. I don't get it. Maybe there was discussion of hiring her AFTER the show, based on "apprenticeship" semantics?

Call me naive, but I can't help but think that there HAS to be a better reason behind Randall's decision than the one he gave on TV. This is a guy with 5 degrees and who runs multi-million dollar businesses, I KNOW he has to recognize talent when he sees it. I mean, he's in business consulting. You'd think a guy like that would put Trump's interests ahead of his own ego.

And for everybody who resents Trump in this episode, I think it was fine for him to put Randall in this position. This is not a Survivor winner here, this is a guy who WANTS to be in high-pressure environments and wants to be in a position to make huge, huge decisions. If you can't handle the things that Trump does or the decisions he makes, don't go be his Apprentice. But if you're Randall, this is what you wanted.

-Glass

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •