The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kendra's ace in the hole"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice Spoilers/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

halfpintlemon 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-10-05, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail halfpintlemon Click to send private message to halfpintlemon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kendra's ace in the hole"
Hey everyone, first time poster! I looked all around for this and did not find it as a topic, and I don't think it's really being discussed right now. If she does get in trouble about the PlayStation sponsorship, Kendra could mention one thing that Tana would have no defense to. Everyone remembers the Pontiac task when Kendra was abandoned by her teammates who were too whimpy to pull an all-nighter. In that episode, DT talked about the importance of being able to stay up. Tana couldn't do it; Kendra did. Period. Tana has no defense to it, and it proves that she does not have the drive or dedication that Kendra does. If Kendra brings that up, and she would be wise to do so, this whole thing is hers.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kendra's ace in the hole smokedog 05-11-05 1
   RE: Kendra's ace in the hole madkata 05-11-05 2
       RE: Kendra's ace in the hole quiet1 05-11-05 3
   I might be wrong, but sorgee 05-13-05 15
 All-Nighter trigirl 05-11-05 4
   RE: All-Nighter lindan 05-11-05 5
       RE: All-Nighter survivorscott 05-11-05 6
       RE: All-Nighter imeldawannabe 05-12-05 9
           RE: All-Nighter kahanasunset 05-12-05 10
   RE: All-Nighter halfpintlemon 05-11-05 7
       RE: All-Nighter Laura lynn 05-11-05 8
           RE: All-Nighter Flairmarq 05-12-05 11
               RE: All-Nighter treena924 05-12-05 12
               RE: All-Nighter kahanasunset 05-12-05 13
 RE: Kendra's ace in the hole FrapperJ 05-13-05 14
   RE: Kendra's ace in the hole imeldawannabe 05-17-05 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-11-05, 02:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kendra's ace in the hole"
Welcome to the boards.

I agree with you, and think Kendra is going to win with or without using this card.

But an argument may be that Tana was saving her energy for the presentation, and that she chose to work SMART, and not work HARD. Besides, what did Kendra actually do that night anyway? Type up a few verbs on a pamphlet?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

madkata 54 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 05:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail madkata Click to send private message to madkata Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kendra's ace in the hole"
I never understand this -- I'm always going to believe Kendra was a poor manager of time and people and terrible communicator/leader to her team for her wants and needs.

quiet1 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-11-05, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail quiet1 Click to send private message to quiet1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kendra's ace in the hole"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-05 AT 09:00 AM (EST)

I don't think Kendra was poor at time management. She realized that this task required being up all night because of the long process. She probably needed to communicate her ideas better though. On Net Worth, Bren and Chris were also up all night working on the project. When Net Worth lost, DT and co. ripped Alex for napping/sleeping during the task, even if it was for a short period of time. If Alex got ripped for sleeping, then they will certainly do the same to Tana.

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-13-05, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "I might be wrong, but"
I would hire Kendra over Tana for a spot as the top executive. However, I would definitely hire Tana for that middle management spot where I needed a people person that could motivate and rally the troops.

I just don't think that Tana is top dog material. I would have her on my team as a middle manager and maybe delegate some "safe" upper management duties to her, but I just don't think that she has what it would take to survive as top executive in a huge corporate environment.

That being said, I don't think that Kendra has all of the needed skills now, but I do think that she would be much easier to groom and work with.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-11-05, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "All-Nighter"
Enough about the all-nighter. This was completely edited to make it seem like she was doing copious amounts of work. The concept with the pictures to match were in place. As someone said above, all she did was type some adjectives. She could have gone to bed and let the printers do their thing. She is a control freak...plain and simple. Craig and Tana knew she was going to micro-manage all night and made the right decision.

lindan 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-11-05, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lindan Click to send private message to lindan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: All-Nighter"
But for DT and MB to edit things so that it seems Kendra did a lot of work, it is a hint that DT like Kendra a lot and is favouring her over Tana.

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-11-05, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: All-Nighter"
They edited it, to make the show more interesting, not because they favor Kendra

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

imeldawannabe 57 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail imeldawannabe Click to send private message to imeldawannabe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: All-Nighter"
>But for DT and MB to
>edit things so that it
>seems Kendra did a lot
>of work, it is a
>hint that DT like Kendra
>a lot and is favouring
>her over Tana.

If you have been a fan of reality shows in the past, you surely would be aware of the "creative editing" factor. It has been my experience that the winner is often the one shown in a less than favorable light in the editing.

kahanasunset 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-12-05, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kahanasunset Click to send private message to kahanasunset Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: All-Nighter"
True enough, but we could get lucky this season.

halfpintlemon 91 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail halfpintlemon Click to send private message to halfpintlemon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: All-Nighter"
In response, how could Tana possibly sleep knowing that the project was not done? There is no presentation without a product. And furthermore, if Craig and her did not trust Kendra as much as they said, why would they leave it up to her to finish the project? From their standpoint, it would have been much wiser to tough it out.

Laura lynn 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-11-05, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Laura%20lynn Click to send private message to Laura%20lynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: All-Nighter"

Actually if I remember correctly Tana said my $#$% isn't on the line I am exempt and I need my sleep.

Something to that extent.

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-12-05, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: All-Nighter"
As much as you edit it, Tana refused to do an all-nighter. Period. She said it out loud.

I think the other ace in the hole is that Kendra isn't married and have kids. The argument can be made that Carolyn is, but you have to understand she runs golf cources and had been with Trump ten years--enough for her to get into a position like that. Tana being obligated to her family first, more than likely, and that's tough to do in a game where people like Trump sleep four or five hours a day.

Plus the CEO's said Kendra can be molded into what Trump wants.

"The Simon of the Wabash Valley"

treena924 113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-12-05, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail treena924 Click to send private message to treena924 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: All-Nighter"
I really like kendra from the start but i have to agree she is a control freak and very pushy and whinny if she does not get her way. Tana was exempt from the pontiac task kendra was tryoing to controlled them and tana didn't have to deal with it. on the home depot episode i think it was everyone bailed on craig so i think kendra got what she deserve. On most of these task someone always give up anyways.

kahanasunset 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-12-05, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kahanasunset Click to send private message to kahanasunset Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: All-Nighter"
That's not necessarily an ace in the hole for Kendra. Tana will obviously have domestic help if her family even moves to New York - or wherever she goes if she wins.

More than likely her family would stay in Iowa where her husband is based, and she'd fly home on weekends (or more likely, when possible).

FrapperJ 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-13-05, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FrapperJ Click to send private message to FrapperJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Kendra's ace in the hole"
Kendra will be the next Apprentice because she was the PM on the Pontiac task.

If you remember, in that episode, Donald said that the one who is hired to become the apprentice gets to drive off in one of those new cars. Right then I figured Kendra would become the apprentice. It would make for better TV if the person who was the PM on the Pontiac task got to drive one off in the end.

imeldawannabe 57 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-05, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail imeldawannabe Click to send private message to imeldawannabe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Kendra's ace in the hole"
I doubt that Tana's family would stay in Iowa.
I live in the Des Moines Metro area where Tana is from.
Her DH is a meteorologist (sp?), he could get a job anywhere and would probably prefer to be in a larger market area.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •