The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"So, What's The "Big Mistake"?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice Spoilers/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

kahanasunset 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-12-05, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kahanasunset Click to send private message to kahanasunset Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"So, What's The "Big Mistake"?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-05 AT 07:43 PM (EST)

Seems like it would be Tana's delegation of a little too much power of decision-making to her team. But just because it was filmed at the olympic site doesn't mean it has to do with Tana. And is it the thing that prevents the candidate from winning?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"? DontGetMeStarted 05-12-05 1
   RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"? kahanasunset 05-12-05 2
   RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"? kahanasunset 05-12-05 3
 RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"? RealityMom 05-12-05 4
   RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"? kahanasunset 05-12-05 5
       RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"? RealityMom 05-12-05 7
 RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"? smokedog 05-12-05 6
 RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"? djandy 05-12-05 8
   RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"? frankz 05-13-05 9
   RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"? DontGetMeStarted 05-13-05 15
 RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"? kahanasunset 05-13-05 10
   RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"? frankz 05-13-05 11
 RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"? RealityMom 05-13-05 12
   RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"? Pretty_Kitty 05-13-05 13
   RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"? racingfan 05-13-05 14
 The way Tana regarded her team memb... Chez 05-14-05 16
   RE: The way Tana regarded her team ... tralala 05-14-05 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-12-05, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"?"
All I can think of and this is from last season is Pamela slooooowly running to the helicopter to say goodbye to DT (for Jenn M). Then the camera panned down the swirling toilet....
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-12-05, 08:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kahanasunset Click to send private message to kahanasunset Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"?"
Thanks fo the reminder. That's a chuckle, except it's at Pamela and Jenn. M's expense. DT can be such a butthead.

05-12-05, 08:36 PM (EST)
3. "RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-05 AT 08:38 PM (EST)

. (sorry my computer's acting up)

RealityMom 560 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-12-05, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"?"
Hi, Kahana,
I haven't spoken to you since TAR finale- were you happy with it?
I think that Tana's relying too much on her team could definitely be a problem. But one thing I'm pretty sure won't be the problem is the room for the PlayStations. Olympic posted that there are four floors in Webster Hall, so unless it's not contractually allowed, Kendra will be moving them up pretty quickly.
I'm having less and less faith in some of these preview teasers. A few weeks ago there was one that said there was "Betrayal" and then it panned to Alex saying "I didn't see that coming at all". I visualized all kinds of scenarios in my head and then it turned out that Alex was referring to himself and basically tooting his own horn that no one gave him enough credit. Then there was the TAR one for this week about shopping and losing a clue. As Shakespeare said, sometimes these teasers seem like much ado about nothing.
On another note, thanks for the info on the fanatics site about the 2 parter- I hadn't known for sure what was happening. I thought the NBC site was confusing. I was thinking- 3 hours too long; 1 hour too short but as Mama Bear said- 2 hours, just right.

05-12-05, 08:41 PM (EST)
5. "RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"?"
Hey RealityMom, what time zone are you in? Are you watching The Apprentice yet?

I haven't gotten hooked on The Amazing Race yet. I was just checking in cuz I was bored that there weren't any posts in my usual forums! And I wanted to join in the fun too, by lurking.

05-12-05, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"?"
I'm on the West Coast- so I've got a little over 2 hours to Survivor and the Apprentice right after that. For some reason, I really was confused about Apprentice and thought the finale was tonight and thought the 3 shows I watch, TAR and the others tonight would all be over by this Sunday but now I get to stretch my reality fix out a little longer. In terms of TAR, I didn't watch it until this season. My son kept badgering me to try it and guess what, I liked it. I think you mentioned that your daughter is 20 and your son's 18 (is that right?) I think all three of you would really enjoy watching it.
Going back to your thread, a major mistake, at least according to Trump, is not giving him a very big greeting hello and a very big greeting goodbye.

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-12-05, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"?"
The big mistake is actually a reference to the entire season of A3.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-12-05, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"?"
I guess the "big mistake" was that Tana didn't make sure that there was an American flag that the Governor could carry out to the podium.

djandy
S8 ABC Red Ink Champ, S7 ABPABC Red Ink Champ, CMY FOMO Red Ink Champ

frankz 1210 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-13-05, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"?"
Yep, it was the flag.
During the opening ceremony the Gov told DT that there was no American flag in the procession.
They cut to a “confessional” and DT said,

“The governor pointed out there was NO (DT’s emphasis) American flag on the marching line. There were a 100 flags and there was no American flag. To me, that was a big mistake.”

I’m pretty sure that was the clip shown in the previews. Then in the boardroom the question was:

DT “Let me ask you this question, when everyone was marching in, why was the American flag missing.”
“I was under the impression that the people from MYC 2012 had an American Flag.”
“Did you ask for one?”
“I assumed that the American flag was in the box of world flags.”
Rather pacifying reply, “Okay, thank you very much.”
“You’re welcome.”
Then on to Kendra.

The previews made it look like it was a big deal but the boardroom had a very low key approach to it.
I do think it will be held against her in the finals and will be a big deal as well as that brochure debacle. That's two stikes.

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-13-05, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"?"
I'm so dissapointed with Tana ... but WTF
a NY Gov. doesn't have like 50 million American Flags as his beck & call...??? that whole anti- flag thing seemed weird to me...
whatever >Bernett you suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I fell asleep and didn't watch at last 3 episodes and * yawn* don't expect me to be here- or care next season... now Martha .. hmm she may be my 'witchy woman'

05-13-05, 09:55 AM (EST)
10. "RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"?"
The big mistake was my watching and everyone else watching, this tripe.

Fool me once, fool me twice, fool me a third time cuz I'm cutting you major slack.

frankz 1210 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-13-05, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"?"
That would be 3 strikes then.

05-13-05, 11:23 AM (EST)
12. "RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"?"
The "huge mistake" was the flag but I think that brochure listing too much information about the Olympians was a much greater problem and one that will continue as long as those brochures are floating around. As soon as I heard about it last night, I remembered an incident with Bryant Gumbel several years ago when he was still on the Today Show. A memo that was supposed to be confidential got leaked and it was very negative about some of the people on the show. I know that it wasn't Tana who said anything negative but I can't believe Kristin could have believed that the inside information was supposed to be included. Again, long after the event is over, the Olympians may bear some resentment about the negative comments. I don't think that Tana can expect them to help her out any time soon.

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"?"
What Kills me is that Kristen obviously didn't READ the material she did a crappy half azzed job on the brochoure Tana did this task alone!! her team WAS a bunch of morons BUT she should have kept better track of them and to me that could cost her the whole thing

I've veen a Tana fan since day 1 but I think Kendra did a great job (agian she did the job alone due to the blithering idiots she had to work with)

racingfan 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-13-05, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail racingfan Click to send private message to racingfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: So, What's The "Big Mistake"?"
I kept trying to figure out what Tana was talking about to the governors aid when she said the schedule was not back from the printers. I was blown away when I realized she did not have a schedule. It is obvious on this task that she had more than the three employees working with her on this task. Everyone involved in this event should have had a schedule. It should have been there bible for that day. They should have been required to carry the schedule. Which if Tana was any kind of manager would have had helpful information. Where are the programs, who can help with what. All kinds of info to keep everyone informed about what is going on today. Also, she should have had a director. As soon as the governors aid walked up and asked she should have handed him the schedule. To be honest if I was running this event I would have called the governors office before hand and faxed a schedule of the days events. The governors aid would have known her level of professionalism and already had respect for her before arriving. VIP's are just that and should be treated as such.

The programs were a huge mistake how can you be in charge of something and the one and only print item people are going to take away from the event you do not proof read. What the hell. Big mistake.

The American Flag. Big Mistake. I already felt Tana lost based on the schedule issue by the time that this came up but get real. I know if I saw a box of flags the first thing I would have asked would have been pull the American Flag out and put it on top we may need to do something special with it. Flags and Olympics go together like cereal and milk. Give me a break Tana.

Alot of people on this board keep saying well look how much work Tana had to do and look how hectic her team was.

It was obvious to me that the Chaos was created because basically Tana did not communicate effectively. I business this is the most important factor. Tana was continually putting out fires because she did not posses the business experience to anticipate the fires and make sure they did not happen.

Kendra on the other had communicated well with everyone involved and therefore no fires and tranquility. Which by all accounts made the task look like less work.

Which if your Donald Trumps and people like my boss you don't want to know everything that has gone into a project you just want it to be right.

Kendra wins I have no doubt. Tana was a poor leader and communicator. I even think I liked Chris better than Tana last night. He would have been a better match against Kendra.

Chez 670 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-05, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "The way Tana regarded her team members"
I think Tana's fatal mistake, unfortunately, is the way she has demeaned the members of her team. She did it immediately when the teams were assigned by asking if she could change members, and it only got worse from there. She spoke in a negative way about them several times. Kendra on the other hand treated her team members with respect. I honestly don't see how Trump could choose Tana, given the way she treated her employees. It would go against a core value (i.e. respect of employees) that he has to at least espouse in his organization.

tralala 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-14-05, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tralala Click to send private message to tralala Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The way Tana regarded her team members"
I imagine that in the live finale, Trump will ask the Olympic committee their opinion of how Tana handled the event? Did that happen in previous seasons?

I'd love it if Vinnie from the Gov's office has a say...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •