The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Who Ostens in Episode #3?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice Spoilers/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-28-05, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Who Ostens in Episode #3?"
Oops, sorry -- quits. Whoever does this is about to become a synonym themselves.

Some baseline assumptions.

1. It's a real walk-out, not a dismissal or departure for personal reasons. Donald confirmed that one himself when he asked 'does anyone else want to quit?' in the preview. This isn't like the first season, where someone could have gone home for a family illness and the producers would have paid for the flight back. It's the genuine 'enough already'.

2. That means anyone doing well right now isn't walking. John comes to mind immediately, as does Michael -- walk out on an exemption, with one guaranteed pass through the next assignment? Why? Similarly, Danny probably isn't going to walk after his image rehabilition during the motel task, Kristen probably feels she has still more points to make -- etc.

3. It's not Verna. It could be, but I don't think she's going to backslide and go out that quickly after MB's editing job on her in the last episode. She might be the next fired off Magna, but after all the 'Carolyn, emotional status savior' footage, she won't walk this soon.

I'd also figure on someone getting fired after the task as well -- this is effectively a double-elimination episode.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Who Ostens in Episode #3? ginger 01-28-05 1
 RE: Who Ostens in Episode #3? ohmyheck 01-28-05 2
 RE: Who Ostens in Episode #3? smokedog 01-28-05 3
 RE: Who Ostens in Episode #3? drich61 01-28-05 4
 Yahoo TV Episode 3 description ARnutz 01-28-05 5
   RE: Yahoo TV Episode 3 description Captain_Savem 01-28-05 8
 RE: Who Ostens in Episode #3? Smooth23 01-28-05 6
 RE: Who Ostens in Episode #3? sjmissy 01-28-05 7
   RE: Who Ostens in Episode #3? ARnutz 02-03-05 21
 vidcaps banzai 01-28-05 9
   RE: vidcaps TeamJoisey 01-29-05 11
       RE: vidcaps ARnutz 01-30-05 16
       RE: vidcaps xserver 01-30-05 17
           RE: vidcaps ARnutz 01-30-05 18
 couple of thoughts mavsfan 01-28-05 10
   RE: couple of thoughts Loree 01-29-05 12
       more vidcaps banzai 01-29-05 13
           RE: more vidcaps gnosis92 01-30-05 14
               RE: more vidcaps jae 01-30-05 15
 press release banzai 02-03-05 19
   RE: press release ARnutz 02-03-05 20
       RE: press release Flairmarq 02-03-05 22
   Another question with a pre-task fi... tamarama 02-03-05 23
   RE: press release TeamJoisey 02-03-05 24
       RE: press release Captain_Savem 02-03-05 27
 RE: Who Ostens in Episode #3? paper lion 02-03-05 25
 RE: Who Ostens in Episode #3? Rothschild 02-03-05 26
 RE: Who Ostens in Episode #3? seahorse 02-04-05 28
   RE: Who Ostens in Episode #3? RyrieRae 02-04-05 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-05, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Who Ostens in Episode #3?"
I agree re Verna. Too painfully obvious. On the other hand, subtlety is not always The Donald's watchword.
Kind of a pity the quit does not occur later; at this point, I haven't even gotten the names straight and unless it's a high-profile, Danny type person, I'm going to be shrugging a lot next week.

Good morning!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-28-05, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Who Ostens in Episode #3?"
Many people do not have enough face time. It will probably be Verna, Bren, John, Danny, and Alex have had enough face time.

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-05, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Who Ostens in Episode #3?"
My obvious pick would be Verna, but didn't the preview say 'don't jump to conclusions' or something?. It then quickly flashed to Chris and Angie (who had that argument in the boardroom).

drich61 558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-28-05, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drich61 Click to send private message to drich61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Who Ostens in Episode #3?"
1. It's a real walk-out, not a dismissal or departure for personal reasons. Donald confirmed that one himself when he asked 'does anyone else want to quit?' in the preview.

Donald's asking about another quitter is at the point he is giving out the next task. The preview didn't tell us what the next task is, we usually know the task from the previews. I'm guessing the quitter has an objection to whatever the next task is about.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-05, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Yahoo TV Episode 3 description"
The Apprentice
WNBC Feb 03 09:00pm
Series/Reality, 59 Mins.

"Trouble Is Brewing", Episode #303.
While creating a public relations campaign for an instant coffee, one team becomes angry with a lazy member and another makes a shocking decision that carries permanent ramifications.

So what this means is there is one person who really quits. The "permanent ramifications" statement, I think, means someone really quits, but I think we are told not to assume anything because we all think it might be Verna (or someone else who could be obvious).

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate.

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-28-05, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Yahoo TV Episode 3 description"
The impression that I got from the teaser was that it happened before the project got underway. What makes me think this? The Donald, Carolyn, and George were standing at a corner in front both teams when DT asks, "Who else wants to quit?"

So assuming it was an argument that took place in the suite, who could it be? I think we can exclude Danny since his stock is hot right now. Verna is out since they took all that time to edit her turning over a new leaf. John is money, so it prolly ain't him. Michael has immunity this week, so he is lovin' life right now. Audrey's hot, just sayin'. Kendra personifies "flying under the radar". If it wasn't for her confessionals I wouldn't know she was on the show, I doubt it's her. Same goes for Stephanie, she's in "stealth" mode right now.

The people who I feel have shown borderline "instability" are:

Erin
Kristen
Chris

My gut is telling me it's Kristen. I'm thinking her and Angie have words after the boardroom, and Angie tells her to STFU and GTFO. Anyone who appeared in Muder in Small Town X isn't really here to be the next apprentice are they?

A Kyngsladye Original ©2004 All Rights Reserved.

Smooth23 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-28-05, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smooth23 Click to send private message to Smooth23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Who Ostens in Episode #3?"
I hope its verna, because of her whining fit on the last episode. Anyone that unstable should just leave and give all the real contestants a chance.
I don't think it will be verna however, my next wish would be for the annoying blonde on net worth that was working at the counter. She just rubs me as a prissy little b*tch.
I know those are most likely not who will quit, but I can wish can't I?

After someone quits what will happen? Will they still do the challenge and have a firing or will there be no challenge/firing? Or maybe there will still be a challenge just so the winners can get a crappy reward and the PM get exemption?

sjmissy 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-28-05, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sjmissy Click to send private message to sjmissy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Who Ostens in Episode #3?"
Here's my 2 cents...

I still believe that it will be Verna. Even though she is the obvious choice the preview has tried to throw us off the track by the "It's not who you think comment"

I would like to think that Verna, realizing that she totally let her team down by walking off without any transitioning, can no longer stay in the game.

She realizes that the team doesn't appreciate what she did
have time for hand holding
really trust her with important tasks
I hope that she has the class and maturity to realize this on her own.

Remember Elizabeth from season 2? She never got her credibility back. In fact, her situation just got worse with everybody.

It appears that Trump is talking to the group..."Anybody else want to quit?"
when he usually assigns the tasks at the beginning of the show. They (both teams) are present and they appear to be outside. This would mean that whoever leaves, decides to do so after Net Worth returns from the boardroom (sans Viking boy) and before the next morning's task. It would also explain why they said not to miss the first 5 minutes of the show.

Some people are not cut out for this type of living/working environment. I mean no disrespect to Verna or Elizabeth from season 2 but "I have great interpersonal skills" doesn't always translate well. The winner of this type of game (not unlike Survivor) needs to have good coping skills.

My two cents.

02-03-05, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Who Ostens in Episode #3?"
This would mean that whoever leaves, decides to do so after Net Worth returns from the boardroom (sans Viking boy) and before the next morning's task. It would also explain why they said not to miss the first 5 minutes of the show.

I think you are correct and I think we are all in agreement on this.

Welcome to the boards!

banzai 556 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-05, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail banzai Click to send private message to banzai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 01-30-05 AT 12:25 PM (EST)

"MAGNA": Stephanie, Bren, Erin, Michael, Danny, Verna, Kendra, and Alex

"NET WORTH": John, Audrey, Angie, Tara, Chris, Tana, Craig and Kristen.

edit: save bandwidth; see pictures below

TeamJoisey 3556 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-05, 00:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: vidcaps"

My opinion on the identities...

Danny, Kristen, Audrey, Tara

Stephanie

Magna from the back:
From left, Alex, Erin, Bren, Kendra, Michael, Stephanie, Danny.
Not seen: Verna.

Tana & Angie

Alex... Alex & Verna

Michael... Stephanie & Kendra

Stephanie & Kendra... Chris in the suite

Kristen & Angie... Erin

Stephanie & Kendra... Stephanie, Michael & Erin

Chris hugs Angie

Chris (?), Danny, Stephanie, Kendra... The Trumpster

Not seen in these photos: Craig.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

01-30-05, 10:32 AM (EST)
16. "RE: vidcaps"
#21 If that's the losing team in the boardroom, then I don't think that's Chris because he is on Net Worth. I can't really tell who it is, but I think it might be Bren.

That is definately Stephanie & Kendra because Net Worth's women do not have hair like that. Does this mean Magna loses? I don't know.

xserver 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-30-05, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xserver Click to send private message to xserver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: vidcaps"
I have to wonder about Angie and Chris hugging. Is one consoling the other because they quit?

I'm thinking it's Angie. She has looked a little tired and stressed out lately.

01-30-05, 02:29 PM (EST)
18. "RE: vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 01-30-05 AT 03:17 PM (EST)

I was thinking that hug may have meant Chris will be the one to quit, hence the little boardroom tirade from nowhere last week.

There are two pics of Angie with other team members with what looks like 2 different outfits. In #7 she is shown with Tana and she has on some kind of scarf along with a jacket, plus Tana has some paper in her hand which leads me to believe they are discussing the task.

In #15, Angie is shown with Kristin and she has no scarf, but rather a bright green top under her jacket. I think this is also during the task because Kristin is dressed differently than I think we've seen her dressed. ETA: Scratch that! I just watched the extended boardroom scenes on Yahoo! and this scene has Angie & Kristin wearing their BR outfits.

Of course, I could be totally wrong. I am usually pretty bad at guessing these things.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-05, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "couple of thoughts"
Verna should quit, especially when, after being forgiven for walking out, she continued to do the 'Oh pity me' routine on Forbes yacht.

If it's not her, then I think the Chick that was involved in a squabble in the van with her team is a good candidate. Viking boy alienated his team in a hurry and she's following in his footsteps.

Alternatively, could the 'does anyone else want to quit?' comment be in refrence to Viking boy quitting? He clearly had given up and was ready to go home. Having PM's give up and say 'I should be fired' doesn't make for very interesting boardrooms. Is this Trumps/MB's way of telling contestants to mix it up in the boardroom?

Lastly, I thought the preview for next week showed both teams lined up from the back when Trump asked if anyone wants to quit. Can be tell from that shot if one team was down an extra player? And if so, if lost player is male or female? Hair color of the missing person? etc...

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-05, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: couple of thoughts"
I still can't get over the fact that Verna had her purse on her arm the entire time she was painting that wall. Who holds their purse while painting? Somebody that isn't trying very hard!

01-29-05, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail banzai Click to send private message to banzai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "more vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 01-30-05 AT 12:24 PM (EST)

23. behind Carolyn is a reflection; there's an empty seat next to 1 girl
25. close up shot
29. This is where Kendra found out that Brian got fired. There's a girl in red behind her and a woman in black suit.
31. This is where Verna found out that Brian got fired too.

35. this is where Stacie J. got fired. Enough room for 8 people. (TA2 episode 3)

37. This is where Jenn. C. got fired; 7 people; 1 empty chair; (TA2 episode 4)

CONCLUSION:
1 member from Magna quits before the new task. OMG.

gnosis92 78 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-30-05, 02:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail gnosis92 Click to send private message to gnosis92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: more vidcaps"
i'm impressed with those vidcaps, that must take a lot of work.

so apparently magna loses the task, and goes to the BR next week (amazing considering the in-fighting on networth) which magna team member is unaccounted for? for example we know todd is gone.

>LAST EDITED ON 01-29-05
>AT 08:46 PM (EST)

>
>23. behind Carolyn is a
>reflection; there's an empty seat
>next to 1 girl
>25. close up shot
>27. Mr. Trump's tie
>29. This is where Kendra
>found out that Brian got
>fired. There's a girl in
>red behind her and a
>woman in black suit walked
>to the bedroom.
>31. This is where Verna
>found out that Brian got
>fired too.
>
>33. This is the 1st
>boardroom with enough seats for
>9 people
>
>35. this is where Stacie
>J. got fired. Enough room
>for 8 people. (TA2 episode
>3)

>
>37. This is where Jenn.
>C. got fired; 7 people;
>1 empty chair; (TA2 episode
>4)

>
>CONCLUSION:
>1 member from Magna quits before
>the new task announce. OMG.
>
>thanks to the reflection behind Carolyn
>where the editor overlooked.

jae 412 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-30-05, 06:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jae Click to send private message to jae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: more vidcaps"
Was it really necessary to quote the entire post for that? It makes threads difficult to read.

Do they hide the cameras behind those mirrors?

02-03-05, 01:07 AM (EST)
19. "press release"
from the official press release

ONE CANDIDATE QUITS AND ANOTHER GETS "FIRED" ON NBC'S "THE APPRENTICE" (FEB. 3 9-10PM ET)
Published: February 1, 2005

CANDIDATES PERCOLATE A GRASS-ROOTS "BUZZ" CAMPAIGN TO PROMOTE NESCAFÈ TASTER'S CHOICE COFFEE

NEW YORK –- February 1, 2005 –- The drama builds in the opening minutes of the third episode of NBC's "The Apprentice" as one candidate confronts his/her team about wanting to quit the competition (Thursday, February 3, 9-10pm ET). After an emotional decision is made, Donald Trump equips teams "Magna" and "Net Worth" with $75,000 each to orchestrate a grass roots pr campaign to create buzz for premium coffee brand Nescafè Taster's Choice.

In his task delivery, Trump jokes, "The largest food company in the world is called Nestle (owner of Nescafè). Nestle is worth more than $100 billion. That's $96 billion more than I'm worth and I'm not happy about that."

During the task one team struggles with their overall creative vision and falls behind schedule, while the other team bonds together to create a truly innovative, breakthrough campaign. Back in the boardroom, a technicality and a fatal decision causes the demise of one of this season's most promising candidates.

" 'The Apprentice' contestants developed some really creative ideas to showcase the great taste of NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE to New Yorkers," said Marty Sharkey, NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE marketing manager. "This week fans of the show will be surprised to see that NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE can be enjoyed in more ways than one. Viewers should also look for a special invitation to enjoy NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE in the comfort of their own homes."

Week 3 Exemption: Michael

02-03-05, 08:19 AM (EST)
20. "RE: press release"
Oh my gosh! They get $75,000 for this and they only got $20,000 to refurbish the motels??? *boggle*

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-03-05, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: press release"
Not Trump's money this time. It's Nestle's.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-05, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Another question with a pre-task firing"
LAST EDITED ON 02-03-05 AT 01:03 PM (EST)

>>The drama builds in the opening minutes of the third episode of NBC's "The Apprentice" as one candidate confronts his/her team about wanting to quit the competition<<

Interesting --

I was just about to post that we should be careful in assuming that the quitting takes place before the task (Trump could be gathering them outside to go into Nestle's offices to hear the results post-task)...

But this comment (and other promo comments) certainly does support the pre-task-quit theory.

Another thing that may point to a pre-task-quit -- But also brings up a big question:

In the vid-cap with all the "Ladies in Red," why is DANNY dressed to match the Net-Worth women? I'm assuming they dressed to match for their "buzz" plan - did Danny wear red just as a coincidenc?

Or was he reassigned to even out the teams?

If so, how was he chosen? Least amount of college education?

And in the past, haven't they let teams get more than 1 person out-of-whack before evening up the teams? They are starting episode 3 at 8 members per team, if one quits pre-task, they're 7-8 -- why switch someone....

But then again -- why is Danny dressed like the Net-Worthies?

(eta: I just realized my heading is wrong - I mean pre-task QUITTING -- sorry)

TeamJoisey 3556 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-05, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: press release"

one candidate confronts his/her team about wanting to
quit the competition...

After an emotional decision is made, Donald ...

Parse the language here.

Somebody tells their team they are quitting, and they make the emotional decision to stay.

No quitter?

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-05, 06:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: press release"
one candidate confronts his/her team about wanting to quit the competition...

TJ, they still may be talking about Verna here. The first few minutes of every ep is usually the reaction of the firing/escaping of the previous weeks boardroom.

After an emotional decision is made, Donald ...

New sentence, new idea, independent of the previous statement, possibly. I do agree it doesn't necessarily mean that the person left the show.

PhoenixMons did this to me.

paper lion 44 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-03-05, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail paper%20lion Click to send private message to paper%20lion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Who Ostens in Episode #3?"
Verna, without a doubt

Rothschild 496 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-05, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rothschild Click to send private message to Rothschild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Who Ostens in Episode #3?"
Who strained their back in the Motel episode ????

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-05, 01:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Who Ostens in Episode #3?"
Verna did it, but I suppose she was dead meat anyway.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-05, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Who Ostens in Episode #3?"
Did anyone else think the past two episodes, that this girl just ruined any post-show chance of landing a job? Maybe she can work for an anti-smoking or anti-drug campaign since she is so good at quitting things.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •