The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"nbc "THURSDAY, a Team Takes One of the Biggest Beatings Ever! ""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice Spoilers/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

gnosis92 78 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-10-04, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail gnosis92 Click to send private message to gnosis92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"nbc "THURSDAY, a Team Takes One of the Biggest Beatings Ever! ""
hello folks.

nbc's website has this to say

"THURSDAY, a Team Takes One of the Biggest Beatings Ever!"
do they mean the previous thursday, november 4, 2004, episode 9 "housing project" or by "biggest beatings ever!" they mean this coming thursday, november 11, 2004, episode 10, runaway pride? i can't figure out which thursday/episode they mean.

the link is
http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Apprentice_2/

but the material was about LAST thursday, episode 9, "housing project", on this page, not the coming week.

the problem i have is exagerration. mosaic won by 10% over apex's 7%, and i would hardly call this "biggest beatings ever".

it would make more sense for episode 10. i cannot help but wonder if apex actually wins over mosaic. mosaic clearly had a car accident and "marketing plan gone awry" and those are such substantial problems it is possible sandy's expertise could not over come such problems.

i cannot help but wonder if the car accident results in:
1- injury requiring medical attention OR
2- loss of time, hence task not completed in a timely way OR
3- property damage, loss of inventory and merchandise, and either go over budget or simply run out of money, and unable to sell and collect either revenue or profit.

the logical expectation, is, of course, that with sandy's expertise and background in the bridal business, and with chris' loser "we will be defeated next week" mentality, mosaic hands apex "biggest beating ever". the promo also says "the other manager (obviously chris) is overwhelmed (defeated??!!) by lack of experience."

i find it hard to believe given the car accident, that mosaic can hand apex "the biggest beatings ever". at the least, car accidents are very time-consuming, and the competition is very time-pressured.

can anyone clarify whether this biggest beating ever is for last thursday, nov 4th, or this coming thursday, nov 11th?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: nbc "THURSDAY, a Team Takes One... banzai 11-10-04 1
   RE: nbc "THURSDAY, a Team Takes One... gnosis92 11-10-04 2
       RE: nbc "THURSDAY, a Team Takes One... Pepito 11-10-04 3
           RE: nbc "THURSDAY, a Team Takes One... gnosis92 11-11-04 4
               RE: nbc "THURSDAY, a Team Takes One... Estee 11-11-04 5
           RE: nbc "THURSDAY, a Team Takes One... gnosis92 11-12-04 7
 Whips & Chips & Chains & Dips ... O... DontGetMeStarted 11-11-04 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

banzai 556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-10-04, 02:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail banzai Click to send private message to banzai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: nbc "THURSDAY, a Team Takes One of the Biggest Beatings Ever! ""
LAST EDITED ON 11-10-04 AT 02:18 AM (EST)

The biggest beating is for this Thursday, Nov. 11th.
I think Mosaic has a lot of problems.
The photos are up and look like George is back!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

11-10-04, 03:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail gnosis92 Click to send private message to gnosis92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: nbc "THURSDAY, a Team Takes One of the Biggest Beatings Ever! ""
>LAST EDITED ON 11-10-04
>AT 02:18 AM (EST)

>
>The biggest beating is for this
>Thursday, Nov. 11th.
>I think Mosaic has a lot
>of problems.

agreed. hard to believe with sandy on mosaic, and bridal is her forte, they would suffer "one of the biggest beatings ever". with all of mosaic's problems, i would think it would be very close. apex has one problem -- a project manager (chris) who is "overwhelmed by lack of experience"

so if you are a betting man, who would you bet would win this thursday?

Pepito 587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-10-04, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pepito Click to send private message to Pepito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: nbc "THURSDAY, a Team Takes One of the Biggest Beatings Ever! ""
LAST EDITED ON 11-10-04 AT 09:04 PM (EST)

I bet Apex - Chris. Just what we need, Chris with an even bigger ego.

11-11-04, 01:54 AM (EST)
4. "RE: nbc "THURSDAY, a Team Takes One of the Biggest Beatings Ever! ""
>LAST EDITED ON 11-10-04
>AT 09:04 PM (EST)

>
>I bet Apex - Chris. Just
>what we need, Chris with
>an even bigger ego.

so the title "runway pride" you are saying sandy's pride is demolished?

i would rather chris wins as PM than ivana. sigh.

since wes was driving, it would seem to me that wes will be fired, not maria

tomorrow is shaping to be a sad episode.

personally, if wes was NOT at fault for the accident, verified by witnesses and police, is it fair to fire him for an accident, even if it costed the team the victory?

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-11-04, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: nbc "THURSDAY, a Team Takes One of the Biggest Beatings Ever! ""
Fair? Donald?

There will now be a ten-minute break while I try to stop laughing.

11-12-04, 04:26 AM (EST)
7. "RE: nbc "THURSDAY, a Team Takes One of the Biggest Beatings Ever! ""
>LAST EDITED ON 11-10-04
>AT 09:04 PM (EST)

>
>I bet Apex - Chris. Just
>what we need, Chris with
>an even bigger ego.

lol, good thing you're not a betting man!

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-11-04, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Whips & Chips & Chains & Dips ... Oh My!"
Although last weak was pretty bad, pun intended.

But let's think back, last year the real beating was when Katrina the real estate agent lost baaadly and Tammy made her big disloyal 'we were duped' comment that got her fired. (Was another worse? I can't remember.)

So it must be something like 1) whomever PM's won't listen to Sandy because she is an expert, yet can't be PM in this task. I I can totally see some shmuchrock guy PM on her team dismissing her and what she has to say. 2)On the other hand she could be totally listened to and yet her advice sucks because it would be for a different market than the one where this setup shop is.. eg: the badly chosen decor in the eatery Jenn C got fired for. Whichever way she is undoubtebly at the core of the episode.

eh. The big question for me is should I watch or go to sleep??? Or just go to sleep watching?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •