The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Outwit, Outlast, Outplay, OutKast -- Outsourced?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice Spoilers/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-29-04, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Outwit, Outlast, Outplay, OutKast -- Outsourced?"
Time for a really, really bad concept. Shark-jumping bad. Survivor-Season-7 bad. FOX-bad.

Y'see -- how is this resurrection going to work? It's a little early for 'you need extra bodies to throw at this task', and every remaining contestant has seen the first season. If those rules remained the same, they'd know they could dump any temporary they needed to, and the conversation with Stacie J. would be limited to 'You're looking fired today.' If it's just extra help, firing can't be an option -- and Donald does love firing, so that's mildly unlikely.

So is this the creation of the Outsourced Corporation? Four fired players return to compete as their own minicorp, and should they beat Apex and Mosiac, Donald will fire one person from each of the losing teams and bring one member of Outsourced back into the game? Would that ring a bell with anyone? Does it sound possible? Familiar? Like MB recently graduated to trying back-and-forth jumps?

Yes, it's a dismal thought. Discuss.

(Moved from the Stacie J. thread in General Discussion, because it's really pure speculation and it was going to get lost there anyway.)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Outwit, Outlast, Outplay, OutKa... HistoryDetective 10-29-04 1
   RE: Outwit, Outlast, Outplay, OutKa... jae 10-29-04 2
 RE: Outwit, Outlast, Outplay, OutKa... Jims02 10-29-04 3
   RE: Outwit, Outlast, Outplay, OutKa... Estee 10-29-04 4
       RE: Outwit, Outlast, Outplay, OutKa... Jims02 10-29-04 5
 RE: Outwit, Outlast, Outplay, OutKa... smokedog 10-30-04 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Outwit, Outlast, Outplay, OutKast -- Outsourced?"
It would be one way for DT to inflate "The Apprentice" into a 22-episode season rather than the usual 13-episode season for many reality shows.

And bigger is better, right? DT seems to think so.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

jae 412 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-29-04, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jae Click to send private message to jae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Outwit, Outlast, Outplay, OutKast -- Outsourced?"
22 episodes just don't work for reality shows, especially not with this one since it's obvious who's competent and who's not.

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Outwit, Outlast, Outplay, OutKast -- Outsourced?"
Are we sure they're going to bring back players in the game? I might be missing some info, but I don't remember it being said.

Yes, we saw past players present, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're going to compete. They may just be "workers" like Nick, Amy, and Katrina were for Bill in F2.

(By the way, I *liked* the Outcast Tribe from S7. Give me three Outcast Tribes before I have to watch this current season)

PhoenixMons rocks!

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Outwit, Outlast, Outplay, OutKast -- Outsourced?"
(By the way, I *liked* the Outcast Tribe from S7. Give me three Outcast Tribes before I have to watch this current season)

Let's take a moment to sit back and listen to the sound of no one arguing.

I was guessing a third minicorp just because it seemed like there were too many people left to be bringing in any extra workers, and the PM of the moment might just fire every fireable and then get on with the day. Maybe someone won't come back into the game, but I think the fired contestants will be competing against those still game-active in some way. Maybe if Outsourced wins, both minicorps go to the Boardroom and the resurrectees laugh all the way to Suite #2. Maybe Donald will let the Outsourced decide who goes into the Boardroom with the PM. Maybe Bradford can give someone an exemption. The 'bring 'em back alive' theory is just the one with a little previous MB experience behind it.

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Outwit, Outlast, Outplay, OutKast -- Outsourced?"
(If my earlier post came off as snippy, sorry about that. It seemed that your "jump the shark" comment said that you hated S7.)

Anyway, I hope an Outsourced Corp doesn't happen. With "The Apprentice," people are fired based on personality, overbearingness, and bad leadership skills. Still, there is an extent of luck when picking tasks (and random mishaps), but most of the people already fired would have trouble avoiding another firing.

On Survivor, at least the Outkasts could form alliances and stuff... Maybe The Donald would keep an Outsourced person around, just for the sake of drama?

PhoenixMons rocks!

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-30-04, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Outwit, Outlast, Outplay, OutKast -- Outsourced?"
I don't think that the outcasts are going to make it back into the game. If any of them were any good, Trump would not have fired them to begin with. I can see, however, them competing to get one or more of their enemies fired, but that will be all the influence they have, hopefully. I like the format of the show as is - this is only the second season and I don't want any major tweaks like this!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •