The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New Jack City?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Original message

msmdthomas 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-21-05, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail msmdthomas Click to send private message to msmdthomas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New Jack City?"
Tonights episode showed how ignorant people really can be. First the Gibbins mother doesn't know who Malcolm X is then she has the nerve to return home and say they need to rent New Jack City and Malcolm X because he was some important character from Harlem. Character? Malcolm X is apart of history, Maybe her ignorant a** missed school that day or that character isn't worthy of making an appearance in schools where they live. What did renting New Jack City have to do with her experience. I didn't see anyone selling drugs or using drugs, so what is she trying to say? I believe FOX showed very poor taste airing this episode as it was. I doubt they would have aired it if someone of color had disrespected George Washington or some other white historical person.
The only thing she did good was make sure the kids have some money for college. She is a weak mother and her husband is equally as weak. Their children are RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL. Yes, cursing in front of your parents is disrespectful. Sorry guys I just needed to vent.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New Jack City? nazpink 12-22-05 1
   RE: New Jack City? atzd 01-30-06 2
       RE: Just saw this episode on The C... mindy23 08-26-08 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-22-05, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New Jack City?"
Just when I thought that the Mass. mom had a break threw, I was immediately disappointed when she chose to call Malcolm X a character who was important to Harlem. I don't know if I am seeing into it more than I should, as I know sometimes people say things that sound different from what they actually mean, but to me it was as though she implied that his importance was only to Harlem and that by calling him a character lessened who he was, would she have used the same choice of words for JFK?

I was also appalled at her explanation to Octavia on why Lissy is treated the way she is. I couldn't believe she had the nerve to say that Lissy is spoiled as though she gets the best and all the others do not, which was not what was shown on this show. Plus, she said it was pretty much ok that her sister insulted her, which she seemed to do more than the step-sisters, because they were blood related, is she freakin kidding?!!!!! I have a feeling that maybe most of the reason for the girls behavior in general and towards Lissy is stemmed from this mother, I think by the way she talked about Lissy that she probably doesn't care all that much for the girl and treats her like crap and her husbend allows it because he's an idiot and the girls are probably sheep that go along with the majority.

I'm just glad that Octavia's children were able to get something decent from this woman, although they don't see it now but they will. I think that Octavia is a great woman who is gentle and caring yet knows when to put an end to things and it showed when she spoke up for Lissy and when she told her children to quit their whinning about the money going towards their education. The only thing I would like to see change for this family is that I would like to see the father more involved with all his children and show to them that he feels what they are doing is just as important. I would also like for the father to make sure that his son "Cashflow" is pursuing his dream and not that of his father's or at least make sure that he is still interested in pursuing the entertainment biz and not just going along with it because his family has already put money and time into making it happen.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

atzd 83 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-30-06, 01:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail atzd Click to send private message to atzd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New Jack City?"
What the MA kids do to Lissy is totally unacceptable. Lissy looks depressed, and the day she went shopping instead of to work, I though she wanted to kill herself. It might seem like all fun to the other girls, but being teased constantly wears a person down. This would never happen in my home. I would put an end to it immediatly.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-26-08, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Just saw this episode on The CW yesterday (8/25/08)"
And wished that Octavia had alloted a good amount of money for family counselling! Those girls and that couple need to realize how close Lissy is to suicide. I'd like to really see where that girl is now, after so many years since the first broadcast. I hope that having Octavia there helped her to gain some spinal cord to step it up with her 'sisters'. Otherwise, I have a sad, sick feeling that Lissy is no more.

Or, hopefully, has moved out, moved on, and dusted the crap off her feet that she dealt with at that house. There was NO excuse for the way those girls treated her EVER! And Octavia, though she did speak up, wasn't as assertive or as continuous about it, IMHO. She was shut down by the drama queens who cried and yelled back, and that spineless husband, who was missing his 'mommy-wife'!! ICK! Made me completely sick!!

As far as the Joseph family: "Cash Flow" or 'cash hole' needs to get his butt out of the house and earn a living. Dad needs to get that phone off his ear and start paying attention to the other members of his family before it's too late. Cash/Jr. obviously does NOT have what it's going to take, and/or is not mature enough to pull it off-not at that point, anyway. Don't know where he is now, not into Rap, for all I know, he could a super-star, but somehow, I doubt it.

I just hope, for all concerned, that the 2 women will take their experiences and the other's advice and pull their lives together before it's too late. Disaster looms for both, sadly. Especially for the upper-class white folks!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •