The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is it just me.......................................................................OR"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Original message

dustyb00b49 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-28-08, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dustyb00b49 Click to send private message to dustyb00b49 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is it just me.......................................................................OR"

Do the "Christian" spouses on this show feel an obligation to shove their beliefs down everybody else's throats?

As an Agnostic, I wouldn't dream of imposing my beliefs (or lack of), on anybody and most Agnostics I know feel the same way.

In fact, most of the people I know who actually live a Christian lifestyle, are not Christians.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is it just me..................... Colonel Zoidberg 05-01-08 1
   RE: Is it just me..................... txriverwillow 05-07-08 2
       RE: Is it just me..................... mindy23 05-20-08 3
   RE: Is it just me..................... Snidget 05-20-08 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-01-08, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is it just me.......................................................................OR"
They're picking extremes. Not all Christians believe in cramming their lifestyles down other people's throats. But if they picked a nice, pleasant Christian family that would say something to the effect of, "Oh, you don't believe in God? Well, I disagree but I respect your beliefs," then there's no drama and no ratings.

As I once heard it put by the "Pardon the Interruption guys," if they sat and discussed sports in a calm, rational manner, no one would watch. It's the passion, the fire, and the insanity that draws people in. In this case, it's drama that draws people in. That's why they pick such opposite families.

It does make me wonder, though, why some of these families volunteer for the show and where the producers find them if they're recruited.

GO RED WINGS!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

txriverwillow 262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-07-08, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail txriverwillow Click to send private message to txriverwillow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is it just me.......................................................................OR"
It is all about the extremes and I'm sure they are doing psych profiles to make sure they get people who thrive on conflict and/or have evanglistic approaches about whatever their lifestyle is.

I can't imagine in a million years signing up for this. I'm always amazed at the ones who live messy that they make no effort to clean up before the other mom comes in. There must be some wording in the contract to make this happen.

The only good thing is that when my kids watch this show, they always appreciate me more.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-20-08, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is it just me.......................................................................OR"
Agree with the other two responses. I've been a Christian most of my life, and have many Christian friends. None of us would dream of going into someone else's home and tearing their life-styles apart, acting like idiots, screaming and screetching at them, and forcing them to church, like we've seen often happen on this show!

On the other hand, I also know some agnostic, new agers, as well as atheists who would never do what I've seen some of THOSE people do on the show, either. As they said, they find the most extreme, dramatic group of people they can find, who are right on the edge of insanity. It's all about ratings, and I'd have to say, they do a pretty good job, or the show wouldn't still be on the air!!

I for one, would be one boring person to swap homes with! I keep a fairly clean home, but I'm not obsessive/compulsive about much-just don't touch my ice cream! As far as religion goes, I know what I believe in, but I would never force, hypnotize, or otherwise threaten your life to do what I do. If you can't see a change in my life by my actions, then there is no point in my preaching at you-that's MY philospphy, anyway.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-20-08, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Is it just me.......................................................................OR"
I do think they pick people who do have some desire to cram their belief system down the throats of others. After all that creates the drama.

I don't think that desire is just limited to the people on the show who can be labeled, by themselves or others, as Christian.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •