The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Outraged Iowan"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Original message

iowabornnraised 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-20-07, 07:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iowabornnraised Click to send private message to iowabornnraised Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Outraged Iowan"
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-07 AT 07:13 AM (EST)

Please don't judge Iowa farmers due to the outrageous show last night. I have never seen anything like them, and was appalled when I watched last nights episode. I was raised on a farm in Iowa, and NEVER was fed raw meat. We were sent to school, had chored to do and also lived off our own livestalk(we sent them to butcher though), along with growing our own vegitables. But we also shopped in town, cleaned our house, and drank lots of water. Last nights episode made me sick to even think that people could live that way. Very, Very twisted people. Those poor kids' mind are soooo warped. She said they learn all they need to know and how could school help them???? Oh my goodness, those kids are going to have not one knowledge of how to live when they get on their own. What kind of job would they be able to get. What kind of nutritionist would tell you to live off raw meat anyhow. As far as i'm concerned, they are not even farmers, they may live on a farm, they may have farm animals, but they are not true to the heart farmers. Isn't eating raw meat a form of canablism??? UGGGGGGGG

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Outraged Iowan AshLanie 02-20-07 1
   RE: Outraged Iowan mistyrose52 02-20-07 2
       RE: Outraged Iowan Jadens Mommy 02-20-07 3
           RE: Outraged Iowan iowabornnraised 02-20-07 4
           RE: Outraged Iowan Sammy2 02-21-07 6
   RE: Outraged Iowan iowabornnraised 02-20-07 5
       RE: Outraged Iowan Sammy2 02-21-07 7
           RE: Outraged Iowan Lazyike67 08-18-07 11
 RE: Outraged Iowan 07iowakid 02-21-07 8
   RE: Outraged Iowan Jadens Mommy 02-21-07 9
       RE: Outraged Iowan sarita8 02-21-07 10
           Replayed last night mistyrose52 09-18-07 12
 RE: Outraged Iowan eire_heart74 09-18-07 13
 RE: Outraged Iowan Colonel Zoidberg 09-19-07 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-20-07, 07:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Outraged Iowan"
Cannablism is the eating of human flesh.....and when the farm Mom said they were ready for any type of diaster and had enough for a year i wondered what they would do after a year...resort to cannalblism?

I did not grow up on a farm but the area I grew up in had a program where when one turned twelve one could work on a farm. Trucks would pick you up in the morning and drop you off, with others, on a farm.

I loved it! Money was darn good and the folks were even nicer.

I remmebr back in 67 when one farmer found out some of us were saving to attend a national Drum Corp competition....he made sure we worked for him most of the summer (He paid a little better than some of the others) and even fed us lunch (and wow lunch on a farm is like a Sunday dinner for me) twice a week to boot. (Farmers didn't need to supply food for us, we were to bring our own lunches and snacks).

It was a dairy farm and he even took the time to show us how things are done. The place was clean, food cooked, and the people normal.

Farmers are a lost breed, they contribute to society and these people last night (imho) are not farmers but off the wall fanatical wanna be *survivalists*.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-07, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Outraged Iowan"
I missed last night's episode, too, due to an illness. But, WOW! Sounds like it was quite the controversy!

Actually, I haven't seen ONE post in favor of the crazy farmers. I grew up with parents who lived on farms, and my dad was one of the most amazing gardeners ever!! Talk about veggies-now THAT was raw food! I could pick a turnip, carrot, squash, whatever out of his garden and chow it down any day of the week. But when it came to meat-it was COOKED! Even the farmers of the depression era KNEW that you had to cook meat or you'd die!

I am totally surprised, in this age where we are recalling meat, poultry and even peanut butter, that anyone would consider eating anything that hasn't been cooked or passed by the FDA. Do they have a death wish, or are they just happy to be ignorant? You know, some people are! They love the attention it gets them, and obviously, these people are getting a lot of it.

I hope the $50K they get goes back into a fund that makes them clean up their home, pay for a supervisor to be on the grounds watching them at all times to make sure those kids are being schooled, eating and drinking nutritiously, and being kept out of danger!!! We can only hope and pray that their being exposed like this will help society help them!

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-20-07, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Outraged Iowan"
>Actually, I haven't seen ONE post
>in favor of the crazy
>farmers.

I'll offer one. The kids are well-behaved and hard workers. That's it.

02-20-07, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iowabornnraised Click to send private message to iowabornnraised Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Outraged Iowan"
Thank you, I agree totally that those kids are well-behaved hard workers. I think they are very sheltered though, needing interaction with kids their own age. I couldn't imagine putting my kids through that kind of life.

Sammy2 7 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-07, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sammy2 Click to send private message to Sammy2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Outraged Iowan"
Or brain-washed robots...however you want to look at it.

But seriously, the son has no coping skills. And how old is he? I feel nothing other than sorry for those poor kids. I guess you can't miss what you don't know. But then they do have teeth..now..I'm betting those two kids will be missing their teeth in about ten years.

02-20-07, 04:08 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Outraged Iowan"
Thats right, I do remember that is canabalism. Either way, it's just wrong. I agree witht he survivalists thing, but, if something is going to happen, it's going to happen, people need to live life to the fullest and enjoy life, which I dont think they truely are happy people since all they do is worry about catastrophies happening.

Sammy2 7 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-07, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sammy2 Click to send private message to Sammy2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Outraged Iowan"
Do people who pride themselves on knowing how to survive if and should they be put into a "survival" situation live it every day like this family does? I'm just curious because I'm wondering if this family could perfect how to make a fire with sticks so that the "raw" meat diet wouldn't be so necessary?

Or they could stock up on water-proof matches and wood instead.

;)

Lazyike67 1 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-07, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lazyike67 Click to send private message to Lazyike67 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Outraged Iowan"
>Do people who pride themselves on
>knowing how to survive if
>and should they be put
>into a "survival" situation live
>it every day like this
>family does? I'm just
>curious because I'm wondering if
>this family could perfect how
>to make a fire with
>sticks so that the "raw"
>meat diet wouldn't be so
>necessary?
>
>Or they could stock up on
>water-proof matches and wood instead.
>
>
>;)

I guess I could be considered a survivalist... however
compared to some a poorer example. However to answer your question

The answer is _NO!_.

Most survivalists tend to come from a military or law
enforcement background. So for most survivalists they
have a supply of food like Military surplus MRE's or
foods found at one's local camping store. All prefer a
nice well cooked meal.

In short a survivalist has the tools, skills, & equipment
to handlle REAL life things like an earthquake, or Weather disaster like Hurricane Katrina.

Ike

07iowakid 1 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-07, 02:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 07iowakid Click to send private message to 07iowakid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Outraged Iowan"
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-07 AT 02:08 AM (EST)

ugh.....i was appalled when i watched this episode, as i am from iowa, and just knowing that people are living like this 20 MILES FROM MY HOUSE bothers me to no end.I am a farmer, and have been all of my life and have NEVER ate raw meat, NOT cleaned my house, or done any other crazy stuff that they sucessfully did. I think that that episode gave Iowans a horrible name, but most do not live like that anyway. even though it isnt proven to be bad for you, eating raw meat can not be good. the only reason they are not getting sick is because they are immune to it by now. and when the said water dehydrates you? ...im confused here...but ill jst let it go. PLEASE DO NOT BELIEVE THAT ALL IOWANS ARE LIKE THEM ...I AM VERY EMBARASSED AND AM NOT SUPRISED CHILD SERVICES HASNT TAKEN THE CHILDREN. i was excited to see that iowa would be represented in a reality tv show...but now i am outraged.
P.S. .....most iowa women shave also.... just to throw that out there.

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-21-07, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Outraged Iowan"
To those from Iowa: Please don't worry about what we think about Iowans. I'm sure we all do not think that just because a family from Iowa lives like this, that all Iowans live like that. I'm sure we all recognize that that is an extreme family and that is why they were chosen for the show.

sarita8 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-21-07, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sarita8 Click to send private message to sarita8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Outraged Iowan"
I agree with Jadens Mommy. Neither Iowans nor Iowan farmers need worry. Nobody out there is thinking that this whacko, filthy, uneducated, bacteria-licking family is representative of Iowan farmers. One of my friends was raised in Iowa on a farm and few people are more elegant, well-educated, and squeaky clean than she. Let's just face it, this whacko family could've settled down in any state. Iowa just got "lucky." Ewwww. My condolences to Iowa!

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-07, 02:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Replayed last night"
Saw it for the first time. As a long-time RN, I truly believe that these kids, as well as the father, was suffering from near-brain damage. Did you notice the emotional break-downs they had when they had the slightest conflict to deal with? I know it was probably social, too, as they are never around anyone to know how to deal with people. But I also believe they are missing valuable nutrients that are feeding their brains. OR they could easily have some horrid worm(s) in their system that is eating them into oblivion!!

Seriously, I fear for this family. I wish this doctor would have been able to do more-take more tests, x-rays, etc, to really prove if they were indeed, healthy. Not just taking their word for it. But you can only lead a horse to water, no pun intended.

The biggest thing that I hate about these 'swap'' shows is what it does, even for a short time, to the children. Thank God that the other man absolutely refused to have his children watch a chicken be slautered in front of his city-dwelling children! How traumatic that could have been for them!! We all know it's part of life, but to have that forced on you, is barbarian.

Those people are just who they are, but I do feel for them. And I agree with the lady who stayed with them-they are just inches away from the health department checking up on them. Being filthy is not against the law, but if either of those children end up in the ER with e-coli, lysteri, or any other life-threatening disease because of their stupidity, I'm sure child protection WILL get involved after TWO airings of this unbelievable show!

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-18-07, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Outraged Iowan"
WHile I respect the farmer's wife for wanting to introduce cleaner living through less chemicals her house just looked like a flippin' pig stye. I'm sorry but I wouldn't of eaten a thing in that house. Just cutting up that raw meat without washing their hands first??? Staph infection anyone?

The father's mental breakdown...did anyone else catch where he was having it? In a bathroom with piles of junk piled in a tub and a toilet that was BLACK inside of it! Disgusting. You can clean your house using natural products like baking soda and vinegar and not have it look like that.

And Junior's flip outs anytime she dared disagree with him, honey in the real world, you just can't walk out of the room and eat an egg.

I also thought the farmer's wife demand that the husband get rid of all his clothes was out of line. He's a stylist. That's how he makes his living for his family. You're gone in a week, he has to go back to his old life when this is over. So yeah those clothes are needed for his career. They never really showed anymore about that so I'm guessing that didn't happen and was just for a tv moment.

Notice the farmer's wife ate all the cooked food. Was she simply being a good sport, following the rules??? Or did she really think "well this won't do me in but I'm going to ##### about it on my little segments. I thought that was kind of odd. If she felt so strongly about her diet, couldn't she just been eating salad all week?

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-19-07, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Outraged Iowan"
Under normal circumstances, I look at a family pre-swap and say, "Both these families are insane." I went into this show having a lot of pre-conceived notions, especially about the Haigwoods, but after watching the show, I was surprised.

I was surprised at how I didn't come out of it thinking the Haigwoods were complete morons.

Sure, they have their share of problems (they need to get out more, they need to expose their kids to schooling, and they definitely need to get the son into some counseling since he seems to have some anger issues) but as far as the raw diet is concerned, I'd say the Haigwoods actually come off as winners in regard to that.

Not to say I agree with the raw diet, at least as far as meat and dairy are concerned. But I do agree that, if one is going to disprove the raw diet, there needs to be research involved. The Hess-Webbs could have at least done some research, since I know they had internet at both houses. Even the little that I know about it from reading it on Wikipedia makes me come off as more educated than even that dietician at the clinic.

So yes, the Haigwoods are mental and need to get out more, and yes, the statement that water dehydrates the body is insane (it's water, for Pete's sake - by definition, it hydrates,) but at least they were nice about it. The Hess-Webbs came off as stubborn, closed-minded jerks, especially Kim.

It's great that they learned a thing or two from each other. But the amount that they learned is negligible compared to how far both families still have to go.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •