The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rules"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Original message

seas374 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-17-07, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seas374 Click to send private message to seas374 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rules"
What happens if the swapped families refuse to follow the rules in Wife Swap? Since the families are not getting paid,what would make them follow the new rules? Also, if the new moms make any changes to the house or buy something appliance etc. who pays for that stuff? Does the show?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rules Jadens Mommy 02-17-07 1
   RE: Rules seas374 02-17-07 2
       RE: Rules Spanky68 02-18-07 3
           RE: Rules DebbyD 02-19-07 4
 RE: Rules Papillonkisses 02-19-07 5
 RE: Rules Snidget 02-19-07 6
 RE: Rules PattiC 02-19-07 7
   RE: Rules seas374 02-20-07 8
       RE: Rules robbie 02-21-07 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-17-07, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rules"
Who said the families don't get paid? Of course, they do. And I would imagine that they won't get paid if they refuse the follow the new rules. Notice how they all protest the new rules but wind up following them eventually?
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-17-07, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seas374 Click to send private message to seas374 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rules"
The did a show in Florida a year or so ago and interviewed one of the moms after the episode was filmed. She and the local news said no money was given for participation.

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-18-07, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rules"
I have no idea if they pay differently for each situation. But the Meeks got 20K for being on the most recent WS.

Flashy sig by RollDdice

DebbyD 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-19-07, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DebbyD Click to send private message to DebbyD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rules"
They must get paid. They swap diametrical opposite families because they know drama will result. There's no way anyone would swap with the filthiest, freakiest families on the planet without getting paid.

Papillonkisses 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-19-07, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Papillonkisses Click to send private message to Papillonkisses Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rules"
I just wanted to note that they do get paid for filming the show. There are multiple sights on the internet stating the amount of pay out is $20,000.00 to each family. Just as the families of Trading Spouses receive money, these people do, too. Here is one link providing this information... scroll to the bottom and read... http://www.infoshop.org/inews/article.php?story=20051025150124576

This information is ligit, as you can click on the website provided at the bottom of the page, and it will take you to an official Wife Swap website.

Visit this site as well, read the story, states at the bottom that the family received money for appearing on the show, and that they spent is sending their children to football camp at OSU... http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=local&id=4943846

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-19-07, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rules"
I assume that if someone after reading the contract that they usually make you sign for any reality show refused to go along and play the game the way it is set up they would at minimum be kicked off the show and whatever footage was shot would never be used.

Wouldn't surprise me if there was some kind of, "if you don't play and we waste several days filming you could be held liable for the costs" type of clause.

Imaginary friends by Bob!

PattiC 14 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-07, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PattiC Click to send private message to PattiC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rules"
I know a family who was on wife swap and they got paid 20,000.

02-20-07, 06:38 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Rules"
Thanks for all the info and links. I guess it makes sense about the rules and I wouldn't be surprised if the families are told to be disagreeable with the new rules. It keeps the show interesting. I still wonder if the show pays for any of the items the new wives want for the new families.

robbie 12 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-07, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail robbie Click to send private message to robbie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rules"
One family wanted to call it quits and our friends at ABC TV said no way we will sue you, and the wife can find her own way home. Read about it.

Robbie

http://www.mcalesternews.com/siteSearch/apstorysection/local_story_323201803.html

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •