The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"11/17 - The Solomon Family"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Original message

wetbaloney 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-17-06, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wetbaloney Click to send private message to wetbaloney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"11/17 - The Solomon Family"
These people have got to be the absolute shallowest family on the face of the earth. Next to them, Paris Hilton looks like one of the world's foremost intellectuals and humanitarians!

Give me a break -- this couple have PhD's and they actually think that driving a Hummer give them "class". Yeah -- low class. They certainly have no concern for the rest of the human race. The price of their car alone would feed a whole village of hungry subsistence farmers in their country of origin for 10 years.

What really is sad is how their obviously bright daughter has been brainwashed with their warped and self-absorbed value system. One can only hope that she will grow out of it at some point.

Say a prayer for these sick people.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 11/17 - The Solomon Family ppdg5 11-17-06 1
   RE: 11/17 - The Solomon Family Wordmom 11-17-06 2
       RE: 11/17 - The Solomon Family nazpink 11-18-06 3
 RE: 11/17 - The Solomon Family AshLanie 11-18-06 4
 RE: 11/17 - The Solomon Family AprilleW 11-19-06 5
   RE: 11/17 - The Solomon Family AprilleW 11-19-06 6
 RE: 11/17 - The Solomon Family deweydrop 11-20-06 7
   RE: 11/17 - The Solomon Family EmmaHead 11-24-06 10
 RE: 11/17 - The Solomon Family wetbaloney 11-20-06 8
   RE: 11/17 - The Solomon Family nazpink 11-21-06 9
       RE: 11/17 - The Solomon Family PattiC 12-03-06 11
           RE: 11/17 - The Solomon Family parachutes 02-01-07 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ppdg5 2 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-06, 10:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ppdg5 Click to send private message to ppdg5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 11/17 - The Solomon Family"
I was really suprised how superficial this family is. They should remember where they came from. If they are not happy with the United States, they are welcome to go back to their own Country. I have alot of friends that are of other Ethnic backgrounds. However, everyone of them are Thankful for what they have and are good people. If they want to spend money so much the Mother could get the bags removed from under her eyes. Since she has obviously had Breast Augmentation. I am not trying to be rude, I just feel like they expect everyone to bow down. And that is a shame.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Wordmom 1 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-06, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wordmom Click to send private message to Wordmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 11/17 - The Solomon Family"
I agree. The entire Solomon family is incredibly superficial and shallow, as well as being completely deluded that they are in any way, shape, or form decent human beings. They have zero personality and when they die, no one at any of their funerals will be able to say anything about them other than, "they had a lot of money" or "they wore designer clothes". How sad to be so materialistic! (And for someone who declares how important appearances are, Mrs. Solomon could benefit greatly from braces on her teeth. She could certainly afford them.)

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-18-06, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 11/17 - The Solomon Family"
I was both disgusted and annoyed with this family....I couldn't even finish watching the show. God forbid something happen to them financially...because they will breakdown especially their daughter. There was no way they were going to give the new mom or family a chance the minute they saw that they weren't parading around in designer clothes. The father whinned more than a three year old child and honestly I bet that the food was perfectly fine but because it didn't come from a top notch fancy resturant it wasn't good enough. That's basically how they are: if it's not brand name or expensive then it's simply no good. These people are the ones living in fantasy land. Oh and I bet if they were invited to a prestigious masked ball they would have no issue dressing up.

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-18-06, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 11/17 - The Solomon Family"
Agree, goes to show that having money doesn't mean one has class.

Bummer though that neither family could learn from the other *Mom* except for the young man wanting to be a surgeon.

Both families, imho, neglect their children for their (their being the parents) own wants. To me, both sets of parents seemed very selfish.

The only normal person I could see was the young man and I knew he would be given the bulk of the money for his education which will bea great help sionce the parents seems to want him only for the fun things.

I don't understand Tal being given 15G for a vacation? Shoot, seems she is always on vacation with shopping and going out to eat all the time.

As for the Dad being upset that he wife was made to cry, well, he wasn't any nicer. Just cause someone doesn't cry doesn't mean that they weren't treated just as bad.

I am glad though that the son will come out of this with what he is wanting: A college education. True he will need aid etc but 25G is a very nice beginning.

AprilleW 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-19-06, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AprilleW Click to send private message to AprilleW Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 11/17 - The Solomon Family"
Was Mr. Solomon missing his two front teeth??? Also, this guy went a bit past Metro-sexual if you know what I mean... They did have only ONE child hmmmm. These people are far from beautiful in any way!
I honestly watch this show and feel my character building when I am able to laugh off things that might annoy me. But, this episode!!!!!!!!!!! It angered me to see educated people be so studpid. I think of myself as intelligent and educated. I had a hard time understanding that some people are very educated but still not very smart.
I think what has happend to this couple is that they came from such poverty (guessing) and a part of the world where so many have so little that it has shaped them in an odd way. They know, in their hearts, that don't have a cultured background so they need to be told that things are expensive to know it will be judged by others as good. They also come from a society that doesn't value personal appearance, which explains the disinterest in the teeth or skin care, etc.
I absolutly agree with the person who comment about Mr. Soloman's reaction to his wife being made to cry. The Solomon's made me want to cry so the fact that their guest was stronger of spirit did not reflect on her treatment.
I can't believe that I've gone on and on about this episode but I hope others will reply and let me know if they agree.

Thanks

AprilleW 15 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-06, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AprilleW Click to send private message to AprilleW Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 11/17 - The Solomon Family"
One last thing...Tal kept saying that she wanted to be a guitar player in Japan. Does she own a guitar? Does show know how to play? Just had to say that one last thing...

Thanks

deweydrop 229 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-20-06, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail deweydrop Click to send private message to deweydrop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 11/17 - The Solomon Family"
Here's something that hasn't been mentioned...why did, for the entire swap, did the Soloman family stay in a hotel? (aka - on "vacation"?)

Did they NOT want the cameras in their house? Did they not want the 'new wife' in their house?

I found that very very wrong.

I won't repeat what has been said already...but I do think I hurt my eyes from rolling them so hard.

EmmaHead 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-24-06, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EmmaHead Click to send private message to EmmaHead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: 11/17 - The Solomon Family"
I thought that was odd too! Their house did not look that large or spacious in the few shots that were taken there but they complained about a lack of space in their huge hotel suite! Seems like they were putting on a airs a bit for the camera crew. I don't think their behavior was an act at all but they seemed to be trying hard to show their wealth. I also thought it was odd that they spent so much time shopping in super-expensive stores but didn't appear to buy anything?!

wetbaloney 3 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-06, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wetbaloney Click to send private message to wetbaloney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 11/17 - The Solomon Family"
Unfortunately, I think some of the people giving replies here are a bit superficicial as well as ethnocentric.

1) Discussing someone's character (or lack thereof) is certainly fair game. Mocking someone's physical appearance is just plain mean. Who cares if someone had breast augmentation or needs dental work? Pointing out things like that is just as shallow as the behavior of the Solomon's.

2) One person said something about them going back to their own country. This is just plain bigoted. Furthermore, the kind of crass materialism and narcissism displayed by the members of the Solomon family are much more consistent with prevailing trends in American culture than Indian culture.

3) Another bigoted assumption included in one of the replies had to do with speculating that the Solomon family's obession with material goods and status symbols must have come from a background of deprivation. Not necessarily true. While India may have a huge population of people living in dire poverty, it also has a total population of over a billion, a significant number of whom are fairly well off. I googled Mrs. Solomon, and she is a Harvard grad. People just don't come out of some cow patty village in the Indian countryside to end up at Harvard. I think it is more credible that they come from a middle or upper class family, which is similarly obsessed with money and status. Sadly it seems as if these sick values keep getting passed down from generation to generation.

All in all -- we should not hate these people --- we should pity them.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-21-06, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 11/17 - The Solomon Family"
I was wondering if they came from an influential family themselves or if they thought that they needed to put up airs to be American. America is a very materialistic country, not all citizens of it are that way, but alot are. And I agree....I pity them. I couldn't imagine leaving my happiness in the hands of financial gain and materialistic status. They will never have the feeling of satisfaction because there will always be something newer and better out the next day.

PattiC 14 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-06, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PattiC Click to send private message to PattiC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 11/17 - The Solomon Family"
I agree, God help them if anything happens and they can no longer shop for a hobby.
The dad really got me asking his daughter How do my shoes look?
Personally I could care less about what's on someone's feet. That is not where I focus my attention when I meet someone. I look at the eyes and smile.
The daughter kept saying, I'm bored. The poor child doesn't appear to have a life except school, studing and shopping.
BASICALLY, I thought the family was just very pitiful. I hope the reality of the world never confronts them.

parachutes 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-01-07, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail parachutes Click to send private message to parachutes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: 11/17 - The Solomon Family"
i have to wonder if the families are truely like this, or if they "ham it up" a little for the cameras??

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •