The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheist"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Original message

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-09-07, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheist"
Usually I don't even bother to post about this show and only watch it on ocassion but last night really irked me. First off, both families were so incredibly inconsiderate and disrespectful concerning each other's beliefs or non-beliefs.

It was extremely rude for the father to throw the Bible down on the floor. He prides himself on being open-minded yet is not allowing his children the chance to decide for themselves through his displays. On the otherhand I don't think the mother should have focused mainly on "saving" the family. Introducing church as a way to see what her life is like is fine, but pushing religion onto them is not. I find that casually discussing ones beliefs and lifestyle is far more effective then shoveling it on them. I do agree with Big Momma's assesment that mom needed to cut down on work and have more quality time rather than just plain time with the children and also make a sacrifice to buy their child something he would like rather than what they always want. I don't feel the children were deprived like the new mom kind of made it appear.

For the atheist mom to take away all Christian items in the house and prayer was too much. I don't think taking away something important is necessary or effective in the point one is trying to make. I do agree that making the "men" of the house do all the chores while the "woman" got to do whatever was an excellent way for them to see the error of their ways. And I do applaud the new mom for allowing the oldest daughter to spend time with her friends without the constant supervision of her parents. After all the girl is 17 and is nearing her end of highschool, did they expect her to be married right after or stay locked up in the house until then? Allowing some trust, as long as it's earned, is doing the right thing. I also thought the 17 year old kind of talked in a babyish tone and I can see why.

I hope that both families truly gained from the experience as far as what they can do to better their family but more so I hope that they learned the lesson of being respectful towards others.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis... kim101770 01-09-07 1
   RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis... nazpink 01-09-07 2
       RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis... AshLanie 01-09-07 3
       RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis... SteveCaddel 01-13-07 6
   RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis... jessiluv06 07-24-07 23
   RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis... thenameoftaste 08-13-22 26
 RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis... Jenoc99 01-10-07 4
   RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis... SteveCaddel 01-13-07 7
       Response from a heavily modified ch... jraschko 06-26-07 15
 RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis... SteveCaddel 01-13-07 5
   RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis... AshLanie 01-13-07 8
       RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis... SteveCaddel 01-13-07 9
           RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis... AshLanie 01-13-07 11
   RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis... nazpink 01-13-07 10
       RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis... Jadens Mommy 01-17-07 12
           RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis... AshLanie 01-18-07 14
   RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis... Jadens Mommy 01-17-07 13
       RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis... mistyrose52 06-26-07 16
           RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis... tomatohead 06-26-07 17
   RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis... tomatohead 06-26-07 18
       RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis... mistyrose52 06-29-07 19
       WARNING - tomatohead and mistyrose5... Bebo 06-29-07 20
           RE: WARNING - tomatohead and mistyr... mistyrose52 06-29-07 21
               RE: WARNING - tomatohead and mistyr... Agman2 03-09-15 25
 RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis... jessiluv06 07-24-07 22
   RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheis... Nobodyelse 06-05-10 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kim101770 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-09-07, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kim101770 Click to send private message to kim101770 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheist"
My only reaction to the previous post is to correct you inaccuracy that Jessica is in fact 14 not 17 years old.. I think as a society we are used to seeing children attempt to dress, talk and behave older than they are and we have lost touch with exactly "age appropriate" looks like. So i would argue that her babyish told was more her being age appropriate than "babyish"
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

01-09-07, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheist"
I don't think that her babyish tone was age appropriate. My 6 year old does not speak like that nor do a lot of other children her age. Whether she is 14 or 17 doesn't really matter as far as having a babyish tone or not.

As far as how the girls dressed, I thought the outfits approved by their parents were very appropriate, I'm not highly religious, and I still wouldn't have allowed my child to walk out in those mini skirts either.

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-09-07, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheist"
Well seems the Christian family got more out of the swap than the atheist family.

At the follow-up portion all the athiest Mom talked about was herself (3 more tattos, etc) never once mentioned she was spending more time with her kids as she had said he would.

I am not religious but never ever would I have allowed my daughter to wear what the athiest Mom wanted the 14 year old and the younger sister to wear. Am glad the Dad stepped in and said no. I felt the religiious family dressed appropriately and did not need to fix that.

I feel this show was one of their best.....the meeting of all four went pretty smoothly.

SteveCaddel 4 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-07, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SteveCaddel Click to send private message to SteveCaddel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheist"
Jinxi actually bought a bunch of clothes for them. Shirts, skirts, socks everything. Many different outfits. The point was letting them pick out their own clothes. You see BM pics out their clothes. They get no choice. They don't even get to pick from what is in the closet. She buys it and picks it out and lays it out for them. They get no options, no choices. BM even picks out Darrels clothes. Did you notice that that often they had the same clothes on on different days. That is because they did not have any clean clothes. Jinxi had to do laundry becasue no one does it in the house because BM is always gone at work.

jessiluv06 2 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-07, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jessiluv06 Click to send private message to jessiluv06 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheist"
thank u so much for getting my age straight

thenameoftaste 1 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-22, 04:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thenameoftaste Click to send private message to thenameoftaste Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheist"
If that was intended to be a stab at my post, all I can say is that is not allowed on this forum, and it will get you knocked off quicker than you can say, well, whatever it was you just spewed.......
A person knows in their heart when something is real. Especially when they set their minds and lives to it, make it a true mark to live by, and do so for, hmmm, almost 50 years?? Say what you want, I am not some uneducated creature who was forced into believing anything. I did my rebelling, and some craziness during the '60's that I have regretted, and I knew all along that it was going to have its consequences. Why? Because I had a deep revelation and relationship in my heart and life (yes, from the time I was six years old). I was no dummy-I knew what worked for me! And I went back to it, and I've stayed with it because it's what has worked for me and my family. https://getalightmotion.com/

I have never been brain-washed-I've been exposed to many different faiths and beliefs. And to be honest, I really don't even know why I'm addressing your post. I don't have to prove anything to anyone, except that I'm entitled to my own opinion and experiences here, as well, as long as I don't turn them on another board member, as you obviously have.

Jenoc99 102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-10-07, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jenoc99 Click to send private message to Jenoc99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheist"
Throwing the bible down like that was so disrespectful, but it was good to see him redeem himself towards the end of the show, when he was crying and apologized to ‘big momma.’ She was extreme; actually they all were extreme; but she obviously has a big heart to forgive that man and continue on. I noticed the same thing that the previous poster noticed; the athiest mother didn’t mention spending more time with her children, and that is very sad. Remember when she was at the museum with the other kids? She was teary eyed, and she said that this made her realize that she doesn’t spend quality time with her own children. It would have been great to hear her say that she was doing that, hopefully she is and we just don’t know it.
Does anyone know, how much money do they get for doing this show? I know the other one is $50,000, is this one the same?

01-13-07, 01:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SteveCaddel Click to send private message to SteveCaddel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheist"
>Throwing the bible down like that
>was so disrespectful, but it
>was good to see him
>redeem himself towards the end
>of the show, when he
>was crying and apologized to
>‘big momma.’

Please read my post below about this.

>She was extreme;
>actually they all were extreme;
>but she obviously has a
>big heart to forgive that
>man and continue on. I
>noticed the same thing that
>the previous poster noticed; the
>athiest mother didn’t mention spending
>more time with her children,
>and that is very sad.

Please see my comments below about the actual life of my kids and Jinxi. The show completely misrepresented that. We could tell that was part of the storyline, and we talked about it a lot, but obviously it did not make it on the show because it would not fit into the storyline that was apparently already decided.

>Remember when she was at
>the museum with the other
>kids? She was teary eyed,
>and she said that this
>made her realize that she
>doesn’t spend quality time with
>her own children.

Again, editing. Notice that when they show her actually saying that she wishes it was her daughter she is wearing the clothes that Big Mamma would wear, in other words it was pre rule change. The gallery was on the last day of the swap, atleast 4 days after the comments they played with that scene. She was actually talking about when she tucked Jessica into bed and they talked about her day. Jinxi had been in NC for a few days and she was missing her kids. She was saying she wished she was at home with her kids instead of at BM's house. The editing made it look like she was talking about the gallery. The reason Jinxi took them to the gallery, is we do that every month with our kids. See my comment below for more on this. Basically it was editing to make it fit the storyline of the mom who neglects her kids.

>It would
>have been great to hear
>her say that she was
>doing that, hopefully she is
>and we just don’t know
>it.

Again, read my comment below for more info.

>Does anyone know, how much money
>do they get for doing
>this show? I know the
>other one is $50,000, is
>this one the same?

No it is not the same.

jraschko 1 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-07, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jraschko Click to send private message to jraschko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Response from a heavily modified christian..."
So, I watched this particular show tonight. I thought it was beautiful. and when Jinxi (excuse my shitty spelling took BM'S kids to the museum, I started to cry. This is by far the most sucessful episode I have seen on this show, and I admire both parties.

Now, check out this viewr's perspective, if you would choose to entertain a different response... I was raised Catholic and attending Catholic schhols for eleven years, yet I have a decent amount of tatts and have at least twenty pierces. I am a proud Christian, yet heavily moded (split tongue, severed frenulum, septum, each nipple twice pierced, and an Apadravya, which is the koolest mod I have ever had. So it appears as if there are two very extreme, intollerant parties at the start of the show. With my only moderate amount of audio/video editing (via final cut pro), I know that people are able to manipulate video footage with audio set to their discretion, vice-a-versa, and everything in-between. For someone to watch this show as presented, it would seem that these families oppose each other, have conflicting lifestyles and beliefs. They edited their footage for "entertainment" as almost compromised substance doing so. But, because these wives were such great admirable people, the message must ring loud for most viewers (hopefully). These familes had more in common than it seemed, and I think ultimatley everyone who was there knew this.
I know that the "freak" husband threw the bible in the garbage (after at least one previous attept). I felt that that was taking it a little too far, or in other words, totally fucked up. He was sorry for this, no doubt. He was open to new ideas, ideas that represented "love" in some frashion or another. After all, both sets of parents have kids, whom which the parents obviously love. I am sure these families connected more than the show made it seem. Both parties seemed very intelligent, yet even more so after this experience. Also, I think it's totally fucked up that BM would criticize piercings or these mods. After all, I know when I had my septum pierced, all I choose to think about were the young teen boys in some African culture, taking part in this tradition. And with such a spiritual tradition, setting deep root from cultures around the world, especially Africa, I was frustrated that BM was reluctant to embrace this culture, consider it, or at the very least, accept it.
Hypocristians aren't spreadin the message of God, or any other sybol of "good" and love either. I don't mean to rant, but I signed up for this message board just to express myself with this one response... I felt compelled to. Jinxi's family seemed great, or a family I would imagine myself having (some day). I also like BM'S family. This was wonderful, bless both parties! = )

01-13-07, 01:20 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheist"
Hi,

This is Steve from the show. I read your blog and wanted to fill you in on a few things. A total of 12000 minutes were filmed and edited down to 44 minutes. Only 22 minutes for each household. That is 99.65% of the footage is not used. You made lots of assumptions in your blog that are simply incorrect.

Did you see when BM enters our home and says that my kids are the offspring of the devil. She had not met my kids, she just saw a picture of them. As you saw from the show, they look fairly normal. She was judging us before she even met us.

The part where I cried was not in reference to the bible. That scene was actually filmed 3 days on rule change day. Big Mamma (her actual nick name that she uses. Jinxi started out calling her Karen, but the kids kept telling her it was Big Mamma)told me during rule change in front of my kids:

1. I was the worst father she had ever seen
2. I should not be allowed to be around my kids
3. That I was not a real man because real men work OUTSIDE the home and that I don't provide for my family.(I work part time as a Real Estate Agent from home and full time at our internet business). I did not sleep for 3 days straight during filming because I had to take care of our business at night, because BM would not let me work at home, I had to go to my Real Estate office instead of run our home business. We lost thousands of dollars because of that. I would get done at 6 in the morning when the crew would show up to start filming. On top of that I am a dad full time. Neither Jinxi nor I have missed a single school function for our kids. We are home all day with our kids. When they are on vacation from school we are here with them for the entire month. How many families have that, both parents home with the kids. We work, but our office is in our living room with the kids.
4) She had asked me during our party with our friends (party only lasted 30 minutes due to filming schedule). She asked me after 15 mintues of meeting my tattooed friends and a few gay friends if I was scared that they will rape my kids will I am not looking. How would your like it if someone asked you that about your best friends? Would it upset you? Would you defend them? For all I knew that would make it in the final show. I was pissed at her for that just like anyone would be.
5) She said throughtout the filming, but especially during rule change that Jinxi is a disgusting mom that looks gross and ugly. Should I have let that go and not been mad. If someone said that about your spouse would you be upset?
6)She said that my house was the home of the devil and that my friends needed a morality lesson after 30 minutes of meeting them.
7) One of her rules was to teach my 12 year old daughter to be a "good wife and serve her man" I did not want that crap taught to my daughter. Would you?
8) She told me atleast 20 times that I was going to HELL.

After all that I told her she did not know what the hell she was talking about and I called her a bad name. That is when I went upstairs and cried. Notice I told her, "you hurt me by what you said, but I should not have hurt you back" Her reply was I am her to help you. Meaning share God with you. That was her whole purpose. Look in the interview posted on ABC website. Jinxi says she is doing the show to learn from another family and BM says she is doing it to share the bible and JC, not to learn.

This is just a sampling of what she said about my family during filming.

It was 3 days later of living her ridiculous Man Law rules and her not letting my kids have friends over because friends are evil and making my daughter clean the whole house by herself. BM did not do it.

I finally had enough and challenged Man Law,and cleaned my house. It was disgusting. Three of the crew members could not even come in the house because the cat hair had built up so much because she was not vacuuming. They were sick outside on medication for their allergies. As a consequence for cleaning I was taken to the mall down the street from our house without knowing what was going on and BM handed me a bible and told me to preach like a preacher from it. Friday night at a busy mall with lights, cameras, and a crowd watching you in front of Quiznos preaching on a crate. I was pissed. Let me ask you. If I was Jewish or Islamic or any other faith would it have been acceptable for her to make me do that. Make an Islamic person preach from the bible in front of his neighborhood shopping center. NO it would not. Everyone would be pissed. Because I lack a belief in a god it is ok. Well it was not. BM gave me and my family NO repect so I had had it and threw her prcious bible in the trash.

I did go to church with her right after the preaching part. It was a youth BBQ. I have been to many of those as by brother is a Southern Babptist Minister. We all had a great time, but it was not a church service. Again, if I was Islamic, would it be ok for her to make me go to her church to learn her way. NO it would not. The show nor anyone else would of done that to a person of another faith. Because I lack a beleif in god,then it is ok. WRONG. I spoke for 15 minutes about how I wish they had sent a Christian like Pastor Dean from that church. He was a nice guy and respected me and my kids, unlike Big Mamma. I know that not all Christians are like BM, as my brother is not like that.

We had long long talks about the bible and our feelings. That would be very boring TV. TV is about sound bites. 10 seconds to get your point accross. Me, Jinxi, BM and Darrell all talked a lot about the bible, it just did not make into the show. It would not fit the stereotype of an atheist. I even lead nightly devotions with BM and the kids. 30 minutes every night talking about the bible with the kids and BM. I even preperred the lessons for the devotion. Again, not shown, it would have shown us respecting BM and her beliefs. Damn we even sang songs after one of the devotions. All of my friends came back even though I had told them what BM said about them raping my kids and sat respectfully for a morality lesson. We sat in a cirle of about 20 adults with their kids and read versus from Psalms with Big Mamma. Again, they respected her even though they had no benefit and had been called dirty rapist by BM. Would your friend come back for a morality lesson if they had been treated like that.

Again, she disrespected me and my family. I have no repect for her. She was an mean person. After she said those mean things to me, I had had enough of her. Again, if I was Islamic and she wanted to push her religion on me it would not be ok. It would have been disrespectful. Oh wait, atheist don't count as far as getting respect. For your information, my kids do know the bible. Jinxi and I have both read the bible many times. We read it everyday. We read Christianity Today magazine, we listen to Christian radio (Kwave). We do this so we can keep up on what is going on in the Christian religion. You see we lack a faith in a god, but we are always learning more about many other religions. I give respect when I am given respect. I let her get the best of me and I regret that, but she deserved no respect from me. Oh and we teach our kids about the bible, we just do not teach them to believe in it. That is for them to decide when they grow up.

Did you see my kids disrespect her. I did disrespect her, but again she was on a converting mission and did not care what she said about me. I mean trying to get my 10 old to pray and indoctrinate him is wrong. Especially when I am out of the room. Or is it just ok because I am an atheist. My kids are great kids and treated BM with respect. Was it ok to repeatedly tell me I was going to hell in front of my kids or ask me if I was afraid my friends would rape my kids in from on my kids. My kids heard all that. It just did not make it on the show.

BM took down every peice of artwork in our house. Did not make it on the show,and she even lied when she said she did not at the table meeting. They did not show my response telling her that she did take down all our art and she then said she meant when she first came into the house. After rule change she took it all down. Was that disrespectful.

Jinxi took their iconography down because they had forced their religion on her from the first few seconds. Here Jinxi here is a Christian Bible. Then an hour later making her go to church at some hotel room because the Lawrences church did not want them to do the show because it was evil and would not let them film in the church. She had to get up and talk in front of a room of strangers and say she was an atheist. They all new. She was alone and most of them were mean to her, not all, but most. What about when Darrell tells his son to shut up he is just going to ask a stupid question. Was that a good thing for a father to tell his kid in "church" I think not. They made Jinxi pray over the food as it was cooking. Jessica even told Jinxi about a time that she cooked a meatloaf and she forgot to put an egg and salt in it and god put the egg and salt in to the meatloaf. Jinxi had to pray over the food so it would taste good. Jinxi respected them and did it. Jinxi took part in nightly devotions every night at there house. None of which was shown, because it would have shown respect. They forced their religion on her and so she took it out of the house so they could see what it feel like to have someone do it to them. Did you notice Darrell said that it is in their heart and they don't need it. Well he needs to teach his kids that. I mean Ceasar did it way back when and people still had God and Jesus in their hearts. They just did not like it when it was reversed and they had to live the way Jinxi had been living.

Jinxi cleaned their toilets, cleaned their house, did their laundry, cooked their food (all of which BM does not do, the kids do it. Read the manual)
What should we have taken from this. All they had to offer was religion and Man Law. You say Man Law is rediculous and it sounds as though you are against forcing religion on others. We know more about Christianity than BM. She told my son that she has not even read the bible. She likes to read Psalms. Well who doesn't. I mean it is all great stories. She did not know what she was preaching. I knew far more than she did about her own faith. So I ask what should we have taken away from the show. All they wanted to teach was their religion. Again, if we were Islamic, that would have been unacceptable. The stuff about spending time with our kids and working too much was all editing. We both work from home. We took our kids to Disneyland over 25 times last year. We have lifetime memberships to the LA Natural History Musuem, La Brea Tarpits, and Getty Art Museum. We have not missed a single exhibit at any of these museum since we started going. We do lots with our kids. Who would not want to work from home and see their kids 8 hours after school everyday. It was all editing to fit the story, just like BM looking like a stay at home mom. Read the Manual on ABC.

I would also like to talk about the drums for my sone. We were already buying him drums for Christmas. He asked for them and the ones he wanted were $800.00. Regardless of having the money, we do not just go and buy our kids an item that cost $800.00 just because they ask for it. Our kids live in a 4000 sq. ft. house with all the amenities a kid could ask for. Yes we do spend money on tattoos. That is our hobby to do as a couple. Many couples go out to dinner every week, or the movies or something else. We go and get tattooed once or twice a month. Yes our tattooes cost us about 35000, but that is over 8 year between two people. That is only a few hundred dollars a month for our entertainment. Is that so excessive. I know lots of people that go out to dinner and spend that in a weekend. We do not. We don't buy expensive clothes, we don't have two cars, we get tattooed. NO differnet. WE just wanted to buy the drums for Christmas, not just because he asked for them.

You should go to the ABC website and read the manual for BM. It talks about how the kids do not have friends, cannot go outside, the woman cannot be out after dark, including BM unless she is coming home from work. You see BM does work. The show did not show that, but it is on the website. She works in a bank. Mon- Fri leaves home at 8 and gets home at 7 and Saturday 8-1. Darrel works Mon-Fri 9-6. We work from home and can stop work anytime we need to for our kids. Jessica and Amber are the ones who clean the house. They do the cooking. Jinxi had to go upstairs after dinner to rest because that is what BM does. So home at 7 eat and then go lay down in bed to rest. So for her to say we do not spend time with our kids is crazy. The show was edited like that. Look at the manual and you will see that she works and what her kids do around the house. They did not have any books or art supplies in that house. They are not allowed to wach TV (they think demons will come out of the TV and take over their bodies - its in the manual go and read it on ABC website).

Did you notice how happy BM was that Man Law was loosened. So if it was so horrible, what were we suppose to learn from it?

Like I said there were 12000 minutes so you do not know what we talked about with each other. We learned more after the crew had gone home for the night than during the filming.

So again, I ask what should we have learned from the Lawrences. On my side it was Man Law and forcing their religion on my family. On Jinxi's side it was Man Law and not trusting your kids enough to allow them any freedom. Force to cook and clean. Darrell even called his girls hoochies. Was that a good lesson for Jinxi to learn? They did not have much to offer. I understand that you do not know all fo these things, but you should try and find out before posting a blog for all to read about something you know nothing about. Jinxi and I have recieved thousand of emails about this show. 98% of them positive. You should have simpliy googled Jinxi if you had questions. She is right there, for the world to see and ask. Thanks for your time. I hope you have learned that reality TV does not reflect the reality of those who are on the show.

01-13-07, 06:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheist"
To SteveCadell:

I understand about the editing but am unsure if you did when signing up?

Had you not watched the show before? They've always (for th most part) have shown the worst (or what they perceive as the worst) in both families. Then always show the followup with one family learning more than the other.

It's called ratings..reality tv has ben around for years and most know the editing is what it is for: ratings.

Tv show gets ratings...the people on it get paid a sum of money to be on.

For me I watch these shows as I would a sitcom...and make remarks as such...from what I see not from what I feel might have been edited.

As for your remarks on religion and what BM had you doing etc I totally agree with your comments. Only thing I disagree with is that I felt you owed her NO apology.

I do feel your girls did dress a little much for their ages......girls (as well as boys) do need direction (Not controlled as was BN's girls). If they are dressing this way at such young ages....when they get to the rebellious stags what then for dress? And yes, the girls will rebel....that's normal. Girls rebel by the clothes they wish to wear while boys rebel by driving fast etc.

But in the long run, does it matter what we here say about the families? Longs you are okay within your heart and the way things are then that is all that counts.

Best wishes to you and your family....

01-13-07, 12:17 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheist"
Hi,

Of course I new they would do that. I had no doubt. I was simply pointing out that the assumptions the original post made were incorrect. I don't blame anyone for feeling that way, as they do not know our reality. I was actually happy with the show in the end, because I kind of thought it was going to be worse than it ended up.

As for dress. You say my daughters dressed inappropriate. First, I only have one daughter and I would ask you to go and watch the show again. My daughter wears jeans and tshirts everyday. What is so wrong with that.

Again, my wife gave the girls a huge bag of clothes to choose from. The point is letting them choose what they want. Did they maybe choose clothes that were racy. That is your opinion, but had they been allowed to choose while they were growing up perhaps they would not have gone that "extreme". That was Jinxi's point. Allow them to make little choices so they can learn from them. Of course the dad coming in and calling them hoochies hurt them for the rest of their lives.

I feel so bad for those girls. They already told Jinxi the day they turn 18 they are moving out getting an apartment, getting tattooed and basically doing crazy. They have so much built up inside them with no way to let it out.

I would have apologized to her if she was at all remorsefull for what she said and did to me. Even when I apologized for what I did say to her after rule change, all she said was I am not here to hurt you. I am here to help you. Again, save my soul.

My reason for posting her was so the orginal poster who seems to write alot about Wife Swap, could maybe learn that she need to understand the dynamics of the show more, instead of making assumptions about the people on it. I mean she even said she was disappointed that we did not talk about certain things. I mean the show is only 44 minutes out of 12000. I is not hard to see how you do not see 99.65% of what was actually filmed. We only filmed for 10 hours a day. After the crew left is when the real taling happens.

Anyway,

Thanks.

Steve

01-13-07, 06:32 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheist"
>Hi,
>
>Of course I new they would
>do that. I had
>no doubt. I was
>simply pointing out that the
>assumptions the original post made
>were incorrect. I don't
>blame anyone for feeling that
>way, as they do not
>know our reality. I
>was actually happy with the
>show in the end, because
>I kind of thought it
>was going to be worse
>than it ended up.
>
>As for dress. You say
>my daughters dressed inappropriate.
>First, I only have one
>daughter and I would ask
>you to go and watch
>the show again. My
>daughter wears jeans and tshirts
>everyday. What is so
>wrong with that.
>
>Again, my wife gave the girls
>a huge bag of clothes
>to choose from. The point
>is letting them choose what
>they want. Did they
>maybe choose clothes that were
>racy. That is your
>opinion, but had they been
>allowed to choose while they
>were growing up perhaps they
>would not have gone that
>"extreme". That was Jinxi's
>point. Allow them to
>make little choices so they
>can learn from them.
>Of course the dad coming
>in and calling them hoochies
>hurt them for the rest
>of their lives.
>
>I feel so bad for those
>girls. They already
>told Jinxi the day they
>turn 18 they are moving
>out getting an apartment, getting
>tattooed and basically doing crazy.
> They have so much
>built up inside them with
>no way to let it
>out.
>
>I would have apologized to her
>if she was at all
>remorsefull for what she said
>and did to me.
>Even when I apologized for
>what I did say to
>her after rule change, all
>she said was I am
>not here to hurt you.
> I am here to
>help you. Again, save
>my soul.
>
>My reason for posting her was
>so the orginal poster who
>seems to write alot about
>Wife Swap, could maybe learn
>that she need to understand
>the dynamics of the show
>more, instead of making assumptions
>about the people on it.
> I mean she even
>said she was disappointed that
>we did not talk about
>certain things. I mean
>the show is only 44
>minutes out of 12000.
>I is not hard to
>see how you do not
>see 99.65% of what was
>actually filmed. We only
>filmed for 10 hours a
>day. After the crew
>left is when the real
>taling happens.
>
>
>Anyway,
>
>Thanks.
>
>Steve

Well, I still feel you didn't owe her an apology....It is YOUR home and she had no respect for the atmosphere of the home.....which I felt was fine. Heck, I would have most likely blown up and thrown her out.

I stand corrected on the cooment regarding your daughter (I still had it taped so re-watched it).

I agree that if they had been allowed all along to pick their clothes (I allowed my daughter to and she never gave me reason to intervene) then maybe the clothes they picked on the show would have been more appropriate.

I want to say thanks for your replies....you are one patient person but that is probally why you didn't throw BM out as I would have. smiles

Again, best wishes to you and your family.......

01-13-07, 01:42 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheist"
First off, I would like to apologize if it is my post you are referring to. It was not my intention to be close-minded (although I admit in a way I was because I didn't take editing into account) and as far as my feelings on the show I thought it was a wreck on both sides, not just one.

I did feel it was disrespectful to throw down the Bible, just as I would have found it disrespectful for Big Momma to take something of importance to you and throw it on the floor. After reading your side of things I can understand where you are coming from. Big Momma had no right to come into your home and emotionally and verbally abuse you, your family, and friends. If it were me I too would have been as hurt, frustrated, and angered. I also did write in my post that it was highly unfair of Big Momma to push her religion on you and your family. It is one thing to have discussions and another to intimidate a child into praying. Religion, in my opinion, has far more meaning when it is not forced. I would have been equally upset if someone had approached one of my children behind my back. And no, Big Momma had no right to tell you to preach out on the streets. I believe in a higher being but even I wouldn't want to do that and I feel you and any atheist has the same rights as I do.

I also wrote in my post that I didn't feel your children were deprived like Big Momma would have liked to think. I did think it was nice for her to get your son the drum set but now that I know you and your wife were waiting for Christmas I couldn't disagree more with what she did. To me that was over-stepping the boundries. And no you shouldn't have to buy what your children want right when they want it, I don't.

It's nice to know that your wife does get to have more time than it appeared with the children. I was rather disgusted that Big Momma tried to say that you did not work or that you being home with your children and cleaning was not "manly". Clearly, you had a job, it was mentioned pretty much right off, and it showed you helping Jinxi out with her business all while spending time with the children and cleaning!!! How is that not work?!

And I loved the fact that you stood up against the man law. I am an at home mom while my fiance works, but it is by choice not because we believe it's my "duty". I don't think any female should be forced into feeling that is her only capabilities. And I loved how Jinxi had the husband and son do all the house chores to show them how the daughters feel.

As for the clothing, well I do stand by that what I saw the girls wear, with Jinxi's help, was a bit inappropriate, in my opinion. Mini skirts on minors aren't my idea of ok attire. I'm not going to quote Dr. Phil with my reasons....lol. As for your daughter I don't know why anyone would consider her clothing inappropriate.

And it disgust me that Big Momma would make accusations about your friends just because they have tattoos and some are gay. My fiance has 13 tattoos (he did all but one himself) and it upsets me that people out there would judge him, especially like that, just because of tattoos! And telling you that your wife looks bad is just rude. Maybe it's not her style but how would she have liked it if someone made reference to her fake hair and the fact that she is overweight?

I hope this covers all my opinions more eloquently than my first post. I wrote the first one in kind of a hurry....and I guess I will remember that these shows are heavily edited, but then again I wouldn't go on a show like this because I know exactly how my family would be edited. I think these shows would be far more entertaining if the didn't mess with what was truly going on like they do. Oh, and hey at least you didn't get stuck with that fanatically religious Margaret or whatever her name is from trading spouses...lol.

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-17-07, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheist"
She'll be back this Friday!!!

01-18-07, 07:53 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheist"
>She'll be back this Friday!!!

Different religious freak (and different show title) than the one we are talking about but goes to show even though she, the one you speak off tore up the check previously and screamed it was the devils check (she recanted and wanted the money) is one that likes attention for her to come back on again.

The one you speak of was by far the worse ever I've seen on any *reality* show.

I am curious to see if she used the money as she was told to...to reduce her breasts size cause of back pain.

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-17-07, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheist"
>I know that not all
>Christians are like BM, as
>my brother is not like
>that.
>
I'm glad you know that. As a matter of fact, most Christians are not like BM. She is part of a small group of extremists, which many religions and groups and races have those who are extremists.

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-07, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheist"
As most of us know, they (the network), for the sake of ratings, take the most extreme of both worlds, put them together, and as Steve said, edit it to make it entertaining.

It really is sad that in the end, we may be entertained, infuriated, upset, sad, whatever, but the lives of 2 families could be damaged forever!

I try very hard to take these shows with a grain of salt. I have been a born-again Christian since I was 6 years old. I made that choice on my own-you may not think a young child can do that, but I know, in my own heart that you can. But my point is, in all these years-almost 50-I've seen so many different styles and frames of Christians, and so-called Christians, that it's almost unbelievable that we can all be put into one 'code' if you will. We are not all the same at all!

And I'm sure most people know that. Just as most blondes, brunettes, Jews, Catholics, Republicans, etc, are not the same. There is no genetic code, or mold that makes us all think alike or act alike. I was appalled by some of the things that the Lawrence family said and did. And I felt bad for Jinxi in some of the circumstances.

But you know what? In the end, when you sign on the dotted line, and you know your family is going to be televised, whether it's for some underlying 'goal', as BM said she had, or the money, or whatever, you take that risk. You know that there will be editing, and there will be many people out there who will hate you, love you, think you and your family are crazy!

One episode of either TS or WS that I saw a few months ago had me so infuriated that I seriously wanted to contact the child protection agency in that town! How would I know if everything that was said and done was really true? And if it was, surely someone in that network would do something about it, right? We, the audience just never know! Reality TV, really isn't so real, is it??

tomatohead 4 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-07, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tomatohead Click to send private message to tomatohead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheist"
born again at 6? sorry you've not been alive long enough to have chosen to leave then return to something yet.

we weren't born last night ok?

smirks.

why don't you start trick n' treating INSIDE your house like the xtians do?

so you don't get out too often and hurt yourself.

give it a rest, don't wear wool when it's 'hot' out.

tomatohead 4 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-07, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tomatohead Click to send private message to tomatohead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheist"
athiest, xtian.. both the same element.

clueless.

06-29-07, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheist"
If that was intended to be a stab at my post, all I can say is that is not allowed on this forum, and it will get you knocked off quicker than you can say, well, whatever it was you just spewed.......

A person knows in their heart when something is real. Especially when they set their minds and lives to it, make it a true mark to live by, and do so for, hummmm, almost 50 years?? Say what you want, I am not some un-educated creature who was forced into believing anything. I did my rebelling, and some craziness during the '60's that I have regretted, and I knew all along that it was going to have its consequenses. Why? Because I had a deep revelation and relationship in my heart and life (yes, from the time I was six years old). I was no dummy-I knew what worked for me! And I went back to it, and I've stayed with it, because it's what has worked for me and my family.

I have never been brain-washed-I've been exposed to many different faiths and beliefs. And to be honest, I really don't even know why I'm addressing your post. I don't have to prove anything to anyone, except that I'm entitled to my own opinion and experiences here, as well, as long as I don't turn them on another board member, as you obviously have.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-29-07, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "WARNING - tomatohead and mistyrose52"
Please take a moment to read the community guidelines - there's a link at the top of the page.

tomatohead, while we allow posters to make positive and negative comments about the show and its participants, bashing other posters is not permitted here. You are welcome to post a dissenting opinion, as long as you can do so without attacking the poster.

And mistyrose52, our guidelines say that posters should help prevent forest fires. One way to do that is by alerting the moderators to a problem and letting us handle it. That means not responding, even if you feel you've been personally attacked. That just fuels the fire. Alert the mods and then walk away and let us handle it - that's what the guidelines say is the appropriate response when you see a violation. "But so-and-so started it" is not an acceptable reason to violate the guidelines yourself.

06-29-07, 01:41 PM (EST)
21. "RE: WARNING - tomatohead and mistyrose52"
Sorry-hands working faster than brain......

Agman2 2707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-09-15, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: WARNING - tomatohead and mistyrose52"
No worries, happens to me all the time!

jessiluv06 2 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-07, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jessiluv06 Click to send private message to jessiluv06 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheist"
this is the oldest from the show i am not 17 i am 14 i know i look older than i am but i am 14.

Nobodyelse 1 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-10, 02:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Nobodyelse Click to send private message to Nobodyelse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Wife Swap Christians vs. Atheist"
I really enjoyed this episode. I actually hadn't seen the show until today, and I was surprised at first by the suggestion. Sometimes Christians and Atheists don't mix. A lot of the time they do, but when I saw the beginning of the episode, total freedom vs total protection, I knew the issue went even deeper than religion.
Jinxi was probably one of the nicest on the show, and I was a little disappointed (I'm a Christian, by the way) that BM didn't try to approach the situation with love and understanding. An adult has had their belief for their entire life in most cases, and it would take a lot more than two weeks to get them to change it. Trying to do so would only irritate the other person, as was proven. And trying to make children pray to your god is just wrong, even if they are just meaningless words to the kids. They're impressionable, and the parents should get to make the impressions inside the household, not strangers.
Like everyone was saying earlier, they obviously didn't use all the footage. How could they possibly? I was glad that Derryl became more open-minded at the end, because that Christian household was pretty scary. Even if you can't buy your own clothes, you should at least be able to pick from the pile. You really can't dress your kids through college, and if they don't experience the real world themselves, they will be even more likely to fall into a bad crowd. So I was glad that Jinxi and Derryl worked it out eventually.
Obviously watching the show with my background, some of the things Steve said were very insulting, but I do understand that taken out of context it can seem worse than it is. Plus, this was mostly in retaliation to BM making him preach. The atheist household seemed a bit too loose on the kids (not in terms of religion), but I can't really make judgments, and I certainly wouldn't want to. The kids were strong in their (dis)beliefs, so they obviously knew what they were talking about, to an extent.
The only place where I was on BM's side was with that Devil costume thing. I would have no problem wearing a devil costume for Halloween (if I went out anymore), but she did have a problem with it, and they shouldn't have forced it on her. She probably still would've had Bible sesssions and stuff, but this probably helped to accelerate how much she wanted to regulate the lifestyle in the house.
Overall, I think everyone learned something, even if they didn't take it too much to heart. Some people learned more than others, some people had more to learn than others. Religion is an important aspect of a person's life, but it shouldn't be used as a crutch or a defining characteristic in someone. I know bad Christians and good Christians, and neither of them are the way they are only because of their religion. I'm glad the daughter gets to hang out with her friends now, and I'm glad the son has his drum set (sorry, didn't remember all the kids' names). Hopefully everyone benefited, and maybe this kind of situation where someone is forced to face their opposite can actually resolve religious & non-religious intolerance. We can always hope.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •