The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Pirate People"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Original message

IJFL 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-19-06, 07:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IJFL Click to send private message to IJFL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Pirate People"
Last night must have been the stupidest Wife Swap there was. The pirate people need a real reality check. I am a teacher and I can imagine what that little boy must be like in school. I think that child protected services needs to investigate a family like that.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Pirate People babydob 09-19-06 1
 RE: Pirate People nazpink 09-19-06 2
 RE: Pirate People Cyndimaus 09-19-06 3
 RE: Pirate People Pretty_Kitty 09-19-06 4
 RE: Pirate People Freaky 09-19-06 5
 RE: Pirate People bigmutt 09-19-06 6
 RE: Pirate People TinkerDill 09-20-06 7
   RE: Pirate People Rowan 09-21-06 8
       RE: Pirate People sugarfoots 09-22-06 10
   RE: Pirate People omaho1112 09-26-06 12
 RE: Pirate People Cyndimaus 09-21-06 9
 RE: Pirate People Loree 09-23-06 11
   RE: Pirate People wetbaloney 11-20-06 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

babydob 1 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-06, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail babydob Click to send private message to babydob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Pirate People"
I agree completely. However, I get the feeling that the kids don't go to school. That would be "normal social order" and that is what this family is rebelling against. I think that this particular episode was bordering on insanity...the producers should not put someone in a house where the people don't care enough to work a job that gives them the income needed to at the very least keep the utilities on. NOT TO MENTION...THE FLEAS!!! I would be extremely upset at the show for putting me in that situation. I know that "anything goes" according to the contract, but I think they are pushing the envelope too far.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-19-06, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Pirate People"
What I would like to know is exactly what it is that they are positively teaching their children through "pirattude"? I thought it quite hypocritical that they bashed the other parents for "molding" their children to be like them when they are doing just the same. They swear, create chaos, don't value a clean home or hardwork and that is exactly how their children are being as well. I was rather appalled at their childish and crude behavior and their ignorance to think that their children should swear if they need to use it to describe effectively what they are feeling. I seriously couldn't imagine having them as neighbors much less parents,how embarassing!!!

As for the other family, well I don't know if having a new pirate mom created the near nervous breakdown for their daughter but I would suggest not aiming so high to make everything perfect because it's really not a healthy goal as it's unattainable (the pirate mom was at least right about that). I don't have an issue with their organization but I don't think a child should be left breathless when something is a little out of order.

Overall, I say this episode was quite ridiculous.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-19-06, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Pirate People"
Yes, it was quite an episode. I know they cast the drastic differences for good tv, but I always hope the moms will take a more moderate approach during their time of rule change. Instead of doing a complete 180 with their new family, just pick some reasonable things to change. Cause each family needed some balance and I think they come to that realization a lot faster if they aren't forced to do everything opposite of what they're used to doing.

With that in mind, the pirate mom shouldn't have forced the family to throw their things all over the floor. Getting them to loosen up was good, especially putting on their pirate play for their friends. The 13 year old girl really needed to loosen up, but you can't get someone to completely change who they are in just a week.

The neat freak mom was within her bounds to be upset about the fleas and the huge clutter problem. I think she went overboard in her expectations, though. The pirate dad seemed willing to organize but not to totally change who he was, which was reasonable. The teen girl, Milly, seemed glad to have her room clean but I think it was the approach of the neat freak mom that caused all the trouble, not the cleaning itself.

It was sad to see the tension at the end-of-episode meeting, because it seemed that the families were getting along fairly well by the end of the swap time. The moms just got all territorial and emotional and forgot what they'd learned during the swap. Too bad.

siggie by ARnutz
bounced by Icey
Maus Musings

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-19-06, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Pirate People"
The Pirate family got on my very last nerve.Im sooo gladd they paid back Organized mom.

Pirate family needs a serious reality check. If your not going to be some @!#*%^ houswife Mille thats fine but what ARE you going to do? sleep all day and NOT WORK like mom and dad? NICE Example idiots! I would not have slept in the flea infested house either. you dont work CLEAN something!!

oh this episode got me going. With exception of the perfectionist daughter I did not think "Organized" family was all that bad.

Freaky 2 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-06, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Freaky Click to send private message to Freaky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Pirate People"
More and more what I get from Wife Swap episodes is the lack of oversight of home schooling. Two hours a day of sporadic education is not acceptable as a substitute for a day of public school. I have been shocked to see how little curriculum/materials/time/discipline is involved. While I agree there are negatives attached to the public school system, there is at least an attempt to educate the student in a number of areas: language arts, mathematics, science, current events, etc. The home schooling shown in various Wife Swap episodes is way too minimal and it seems to me there must be some way to get across to these mothers that there are standards which must be met.

bigmutt 3 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-06, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bigmutt Click to send private message to bigmutt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Pirate People"
This is called Reality TV but the Pirate Family episode was SO contrived that there was nothing reality about it.
Stupid! waste of time! They've run out of ideas if this is all they can come up with.

TinkerDill 8 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-06, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TinkerDill Click to send private message to TinkerDill Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Pirate People"
I think that you all are taking this reality business a little to literal.
I don't know if they go about their entire life in pirate gear, but it's more of a way of life and attitude.
BTW I'm sure the episode was filmed during the summer, so school obviously wasn't presented in either family.

Further more, there is nothing wrong with teaching your children the ability to speak for themselves and be individual through Pirattitude or otherwise.

The eldest girl was an avid reader, and the cali mom took AWAY her books, someone should question little miss organized motives eh?

and whoever believed that in REALITY two utility men came to her door during rule change, and that SHE had cash to give them

All trading mommies are relieved of all their cash.

They obviously have an income, they live, they breath, they eat, they have a house over their head and their utilities were NOT turned off. So one of the adults in the house or both are doing SOMETHING right!

Rowan 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-21-06, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rowan Click to send private message to Rowan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Pirate People"
I'd like to know if the check the pirates sent actually cleared the bank? (Who knew pirates used Banks......I thought they just buried their treasures)?

sugarfoots 3 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-06, 03:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sugarfoots Click to send private message to sugarfoots Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Pirate People"
I'd like to know if the check the pirates sent actually cleared the bank? (Who knew pirates used Banks......I thought they just buried their treasures)?

ahaahahahah, lol!............A GOOD ONE!

*~*~*sugarfoots*~*~*

omaho1112 1 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-06, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail omaho1112 Click to send private message to omaho1112 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Pirate People"
I used to work with this guy before he inherited a quarter of a million dollars and could leave the workforce to live off it. This was taped during the summer so the kids were out of school but I have no doubt the utilities went unpaid because that happened while I knew him too. More than once. I'm sure the producers knew about all this and gave the woman the money to pay the bills. I think it's not a money problem with them though so much as mass disorganization and fear of bills. Before the inheritance they always had big money problems and debt. They have more than those three kids; I guess they were the only ones willing to be on the show. Read the website interview with the pirate mom. The scariest part to me was that they let their 13 year old, Milly,stay out all night with no curfew and they know she has a boyfriend that she makes out with and don't seem concerned about that.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-21-06, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Pirate People"
Something we all need to remember is that these shows are heavily edited. Can you imagine how much footage they have to wade through after two weeks? Oh my gosh! The show is on for the purpose of entertainment and ratings. Heck, we wouldn't be here talking about it if that wasn't true!

I just always take each show with a grain of salt.

sig courtesy of Cygnus
Mouse on the move by Snidget

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-23-06, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Pirate People"
If they want to be pirates shouldn't they at least live on a ship or the water? It just made me shake my head.

And why didn't any of the neighbours call the police when they saw the Pirate mother running around the neighbourhood waving a sword? She looked like a crazed idiot that could be dangerous. (Oh right, the camera crew...)

wetbaloney 3 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-06, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wetbaloney Click to send private message to wetbaloney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Pirate People"
"why didn't any of the neighbours call the police when they saw the Pirate mother running around the neighbourhood waving a sword?"

Because they live in the PIRATE NEIGHBORHOOD, dummy!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •