The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Original message

Jenoc99 102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-28-06, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jenoc99 Click to send private message to Jenoc99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."
I'm just curious... is there anyone here who would consider going on the show "wife swap" or "trading spouses?"
As for me- I wouldn't do it!
When these shows first came on the air, I did think it might be kind of cool to do.. also it would be awesome to get the money... however now that I've seen many of the shows, I am concerned that the mom I might get swapped with would be one of the whack-jobs that they seem to have on every week! Also, I would be concerned that I would get stuck having to live with a guy like "Danny" for a week... YUCK! I know that I wouldn't be able to handle it with the grace that the mom from Wisconsin did.
Anyone out there think that you would like to do the show? Has anyone applied to be on the show?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"..... TheMommy 03-15-06 1
 RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"..... Tamena 03-15-06 2
   RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"..... allenjo 03-15-06 3
 RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"..... kandjg 03-15-06 4
   RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"..... Janey57 03-17-06 5
       RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"..... kandjg 03-21-06 6
   RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"..... CutThroat 03-21-06 7
       RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"..... kandjg 03-22-06 8
           RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"..... CutThroat 03-22-06 9
               RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"..... CutThroat 03-22-06 10
                   RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"..... FunnyMan 03-22-06 11
                       RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"..... CutThroat 03-22-06 12
                           RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"..... FunnyMan 03-23-06 13
 RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"..... aquariaqueen 03-28-06 14
   RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"..... nazpink 03-29-06 15
   RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"..... TruGoodness 04-08-06 16
 RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"..... Puffy 04-10-06 17
   RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"..... foolynroo 07-11-06 18
 RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"..... foolynroo 07-11-06 19
 RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"..... Michaela 07-28-06 20
 RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"..... Lyn 08-01-06 21
   RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"..... robbie 08-01-06 22
       RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"..... Jenoc99 08-06-06 23
           RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"..... robbie 08-06-06 24
 RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"..... PattiC 10-17-06 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TheMommy 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-15-06, 02:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TheMommy Click to send private message to TheMommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-06 AT 02:44 AM (EST)

I would kinda like the experience, especially because they always give you to a family who is totally opposite than yours. However, my husband would not go for it in a million years.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Tamena 174 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-06, 06:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tamena Click to send private message to Tamena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."
My kids tell me all the time they think doing this would be cool. Then I remind them that they already swap mom's every other weekend when they visit their dad and his girlfriend LOL

She and I are complete opposites, I'm nice, normal, caring and sane...she's none of those *looks innocent*

I don't think I'd enjoy being on this show. Not to mention that my life isn't weird enough for them I don't think =)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karma doesn't come back on people because some universal controller-god pushes buttons. It comes back on people because they dig holes for themselves to fall into.

allenjo 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-15-06, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail allenjo Click to send private message to allenjo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-06 AT 12:47 PM (EST)

I'd rather be watching other families go through their ordeals. My life isn't that wacky or interesting to be on the show but the money? Hmmmm....Maybe I can suffer just for a week, I don't know.

kandjg 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-15-06, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kandjg Click to send private message to kandjg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."
Not in a million years. Of course I have some first hand knowledge as my poor neighbors just went through it. Talk about a living hell. There is no way, not for a million bucks and definately not for the money they are paying which I'm sure is no where near a million bucks. I think if reality TV was a little more realistic I may do it but they lie so no way.

I have learned that if you do it you are being paid to take a fall. There is just no other way to describe it. They don't portray your life like it really is. They take bits and pieces and twist it until your boring life is made to look crazy. The sad part is that everything is fair game - they have no shame. Its just not worth it.

K

Janey57 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-17-06, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Janey57 Click to send private message to Janey57 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."
Which show were your neighbors on?

03-21-06, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kandjg Click to send private message to kandjg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."
3/13 Wife Swap

K

CutThroat 12 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-06, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CutThroat Click to send private message to CutThroat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."
>Not in a million years.
>Of course I have some
>first hand knowledge as my
>poor neighbors just went through
>it. Talk about a
>living hell. There is
>no way, not for a
>million bucks and definately not
>for the money they are
>paying which I'm sure is
>no where near a million
>bucks. I think if
>reality TV was a little
>more realistic I may do
>it but they lie so
>no way.
>
>I have learned that if you
>do it you are being
>paid to take a fall.
> There is just no
>other way to describe it.
> They don't portray your
>life like it really is.
> They take bits and
>pieces and twist it until
>your boring life is made
>to look crazy. The
>sad part is that everything
>is fair game - they
>have no shame. Its
>just not worth it.
>
> K

So true.
It's kinda based in reality, almost. We stuck to our guns pretty hard. We'll see how editing handles it.

03-22-06, 07:17 AM (EST)
8. "RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."
So CutThroat you did it?

You THINK the editing will not be horrid but it will. Sticking to your guns is great and I really hope for the best from you but like I said these people have no shame.

Good luck and let me know when you are to air.

K

03-22-06, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CutThroat Click to send private message to CutThroat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."
yeah. We did it.

They are some soul sucking jerks, but I really think we're such weirdos for real, that it would be dumb to make something up. We'll see.

Maybe I'll be pissed off at 9/8 central on monday. Hope not.

03-22-06, 09:21 AM (EST)
10. "RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."
Oh, and we air on Monday, March 27th. 8/7 central. ABC.

FunnyMan 6 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-06, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FunnyMan Click to send private message to FunnyMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."
WEll I jsut read the previews.. Was she hott at least? Tanning.... Was it that bad?

03-22-06, 08:31 PM (EST)
12. "RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-06 AT 08:32 PM (EST)

She looked like a well preserved 45 year old. Way hot for a middle aged woman. Only she was 27! and really damn rude.

FunnyMan 6 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-06, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FunnyMan Click to send private message to FunnyMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."
okay.. as far as middle aged.. she looks about 20? Why yousay 45? Did she have kids? ORwas shse lesbian? lol. Didnt see her husband.. Howd you do living with that for 6 days? I woudl want my wife after that..

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-28-06, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."
Would I do it?

I would be afraid that I would be portrayed as the poor family or the whacko family. If we are, I certainly don't want to find out that way!!!

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-29-06, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."
I would do it if I knew my family was going to be respected by the other mother, but since I've seen some really rude b!tches on this show the final answer for this question would be no. Honestly, even if I wanted to do it I don't think that the viewers or producers would find my family's life scandelous.

TruGoodness 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-08-06, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TruGoodness Click to send private message to TruGoodness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."
After seeing that freaky Christian Psycho lady, I would never ever expose my family to something like that. It scared me of any fantasies of doing the show if I ever had any.

TruGoodness
http://www.AmericanInventorSpot.com

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-10-06, 01:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."

It's not just an issue for the woman. It really affects the entire family. It seems like the woman signs up for the "adventure" but the rest of the family has to endure the changes. I'd never do it.

Thanks to the Amazin Syren
©Syren Creations, 2005

foolynroo 8 desperate attention whore postings

07-11-06, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foolynroo Click to send private message to foolynroo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."
LAST EDITED ON 07-13-06 AT 03:16 PM (EST)

foolynroo 8 desperate attention whore postings

07-11-06, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foolynroo Click to send private message to foolynroo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."
LAST EDITED ON 07-13-06 AT 03:16 PM (EST)

Michaela 2 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-06, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Michaela Click to send private message to Michaela Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."
I always thought it would be fun to get to know another family AND have my family get to know another "Mom". The money would have been an awesome added bonus for doing something different & interesting. We all have friendly, out-going personalities, so... Why Not?

After watching both shows and knowing one of the families that were on "Trading Spouses", the question became, "Why?"... Why would ANYONE subject themselves or their families to television shows that can literally make sane, awesome people look like
the craziest people on the face of the earth?! I would NEVER apply to, or participate in, a reality television show.

Most people watching reality television, (myself included), form opinions about people based on what they see in these "clips" that are probably taken out of context most of the time. I am sure that some of these people are truly "off the wall" but to some degree, isn't everyone? Some of my best friends are the "craziest" people I know. They do things I would probably never do but they also have the kindest, most giving, hearts of gold. And some of the so called "normal" people that I know, can be the cruelest, most insensitive, close minded, judgmental people of all.

I guess, in concluding my answer, (anyone reading this can assume that I talk a lot), I'll probably continue to watch some of these shows and make assumptions about the people that are on them. They are entertaining, (sometimes), but I wouldn't put my family on television to be judged by so many people for any amount of money. I am very proud of my family and would love it if people could see them and get to know them as they really are. I would love to get to know another family, even if they are a bit crazy. But that isn't how it works. It's "Reality Television". It isn't REALITY!

Lyn 1 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-06, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lyn Click to send private message to Lyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."
Reality Tv where nothing is much of a reality

WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."
Anyone out there think that you would like to do the show? Has anyone applied to be on the show?

Well I did.. well I filmed it anyhow. It has yet to air.

I went to western PA ,The premise is we were the younger, lazy lay abouts who give our son no construtive discipline, and we are a gaming family.

They push things to extremes on both sides, its done in every show.
So that people like you .. get a rise.

REALITY - is they took all my clean dishes and threw them in the shink
REALITY is they took all my sons awards etc off his wall and threw them around.
REALITY is they threw hot dog rolls, relish, ketchup etc around my kitchen.

- They STAGED the house
- The mother Did NOT clean the house - they hired a crew to do it

I'm just pissed that 1) she cries and says my son needs friends, meanwhile she wouldn't let him out to play with his friends when they called 3 days in a row

2) this clean freak lady, takes all my couch pillows, bed blankets, and throws them on the dirty, dusty unfinshed basement cement floor for 9 days, next to a mop and bucket of dirty water that smelled like a dead horse when I came home last night.

3) this lady "organized" my kitchen by putting a deep fryer on top of my fridge, and all my food on the top shelves of my cabinets, and my glasses on shelves , none of which I can reach.

She cried and cried saying my husband don't respect me cause I cook him dinner and pick up his dirty underpants.

He actually throws them into the hamper that we put in our hallway outside our bathroom.
However - thanks to "REALITY" there was no hamper, and he was told to put them on the floor.

she microwaved me meatloaf (you will hopefully hear my comments on it)
and she picked up my underpants,... with my BBQ hotdog tongs!!!!!

i got played the fool and the other couple tried to make me look like a horible person.

she was the bigest ##### i ever met and an uber #####.

i would of like to spit in her face, but i wouldnt touch her.
at the very end, i got really upset

She hated my life and my family, had nothing but negative things to say

most things were scripted or directed for me, they wouldnt let me be me.
but when you see it, you will know when i was serious and when i was being directed,

They will be cutting alot of what i said and did most likely.
every other word out of my mouth was ##### so im expecting either lots of beeps or just not shown.

WIFE SWAP Reality Tv where nothing is much of a reality

Of course I have some first hand knowledge as my poor neighbors just went through it. Talk about a living hell. There is no way, not for a million bucks and definately not for the money they are paying which I'm sure is no where near a million bucks. I think if reality TV was a little more realistic I may do it but they lie so no way.
I have learned that if you do it you are being paid to take a fall. There is just no other way to describe it. They don't portray your life like it really is. They take bits and pieces and twist it until your boring life is made to look crazy. The sad part is that everything is fair game - they have no shame. Its just not worth it.
K

robbie 12 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-06, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail robbie Click to send private message to robbie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."
We thought about it during the first season, but fortunatly the story of what ABC did to the Bedford family got out. After hearing how ABC lied to them then threatend to sue the family and strand the wife, we said no-way.

Robbie

Jenoc99 102 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-06, 10:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jenoc99 Click to send private message to Jenoc99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."
What happened to the Bedford family?

robbie 12 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-06, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail robbie Click to send private message to robbie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."
Read this link. And ABC says they don't do mean stuff on their reality shows.

Robbie
http://www.mcalesternews.com/siteSearch/apstorysection/local_story_323201803.html

PattiC 14 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-06, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PattiC Click to send private message to PattiC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: WOULD YOU "WIFE SWAP"....."
No way! They do so much editing and end up making you and the family look worse than you are sometimes. They can ask a simple question and edit the response so it looks like you said something and that isn't what you actually said. They need to complete the sentences! LOL

You do get paid 20,000 but is it worth it?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •