The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"10/24 episode-punk rockers vs baseball nuts"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Original message

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-24-06, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"10/24 episode-punk rockers vs baseball nuts"
Sorry, really bad with names. But I have a question about last night's episode-actually a few. And it may actually be a re-run, so if it is, forgive me, but I haven't seen anything posted here about those particular families.

OK, Punk Rock family (tatoos, and mohawks): Why did the wife sleep in the couch with the kids? What was the deal with that-was it ever stated during the show?? I was very curious about that, because (and I'm sure I'll get TONS of slack here), the husband really seemed quite 'gay' to me. BUT, when they were re-united, they were very kissy and huggy. So, WHY??

Second question: Punk Family-the little girl, Calla, got NO attention at all. There wasn't 3 minutes devoted to that little girl-nothing about her personality, her style, if she chose the punky lifestyle of her parents, etc. Well, I DO think there was an implication that she wanted to be a little more 'straight', but it was as if she didn't even live in that family!! The boy, Connor, I believe, took up the entire focus during the filming of that family.

OK, I think that's about it. I appreciate any insight.

OH, another thing: the baseball family claimed to be born-again Christians, but WHEN did they ever go to church?? There was never a mention of them being in church-only at baseball games and practices.....

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 10/24 episode-punk rockers vs b... Cyndimaus 10-24-06 1
   RE: 10/24 episode-punk rockers vs b... mistyrose52 10-24-06 2
       RE: 10/24 episode-punk rockers vs b... nazpink 10-25-06 3
           RE: 10/24 episode-punk rockers vs b... mistyrose52 10-27-06 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-24-06, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 10/24 episode-punk rockers vs baseball nuts"
You brought up some really good points. Maybe the daughter didn't get much airtime because she was the most "normal" one in the family. It was stated at the beginning that she was more conservative than the rest. And Connor made for more interesting TV since he was the one with the big attitude. (I was so glad the parents decided they needed to reign him in some and teach him to be more respectful. He was on a fast-track to jail if he kept up the way he was going)As for the sleeping arrangements, I was curious about that too and was disappointed it wasn't addressed.

As for the baseball family, I too was wondering about their church attendance. Either it was just chosen not to show church attendance or else they actually don't go. Maybe it didn't make good TV. The "new" mom seemed to do pretty well with following their rules so maybe she just went and it wasn't a problem. (or else baseball games always pre-empt church)

siggie by ARnutz
bounced by Icey
Maus Musings

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-24-06, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 10/24 episode-punk rockers vs baseball nuts"
They really left a lot of unanswered questions on that episode!!

I guess with a kid like Connor, there's enough material for several episodes, just zoning in on HIM!!

Sure glad someone made them realize that their 'no rules' rules was just stupid when it came to that kid's attitude. Is it any wonder he wasn't getting along with the other kids at school???

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-25-06, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 10/24 episode-punk rockers vs baseball nuts"
LOL....Connor is the type of kid that when you see his parents come knocking on the door with him in tow you tend to lock the doors, pull the shades and turn off the lights until they go away! I have no issue with a child being allowed to think for themselves, but within reasonability. Children are still learning where lines are drawn and need some direction and this child simply wasn't getting it. I have a feeling most of this problem stemmed from dear old dad who seemed to have the attitude to match. Mom seemed to be a nice lady who got the brunt of all the work, which makes it hard to keep up on the family and the house.

I too wondered why it was that the children, who had rooms and beds, slept on the floor in the livingroom while mom slept on the couch. Maybe the children never got through the night time seperation? I had a friend who's mom slept on the couch because her husband snored too loud and kept her up so something along those lines could be a possiblility.

10-27-06, 11:01 PM (EST)
4. "RE: 10/24 episode-punk rockers vs baseball nuts"
Yeah, I guess the snoring factor could be IT, but you'd think they would have mentioned that, huh?? I don't get it........oh well. Perhaps we'll never know.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •