The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"As Much As It Pains Me..........."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-17-05, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"As Much As It Pains Me..........."
..........to say this, here goes:

BB is a game. Like Drew last year, Maggie used and manipulated gullible, fragile, and needy people to finagle her way to the top.

The game isn't won by being nice, telling the truth, or sacrificing oneself.

It is won by brutal greediness and doing all that you have to do to get to F2. The only rule is to do what you have to do to stay in the game. Just don't get caught at it - let others do the dirty work.

Maggie excels at that, with a stong dose of self delusion.

And if she accepts that Vespa from Ivette, she will prove my point beyond all doubt.

We'll see how the Moral Magority handles her windfall once she hears about the Katrina victims.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: As Much As It Pains Me............ leianawd 09-17-05 1
   RE: As Much As It Pains Me............ fedcamper 09-17-05 2
       RE: As Much As It Pains Me............ lydia 09-17-05 3
 RE: As Much As It Pains Me............ Buggy 09-17-05 4
   RE: As Much As It Pains Me............ cambo 09-18-05 5
       RE: As Much As It Pains Me............ pumpkinqueen 09-18-05 6
   RE: As Much As It Pains Me............ surf city doll 09-25-05 14
 RE: As Much As It Pains Me............ okaychatt 09-20-05 7
   RE: As Much As It Pains Me............ Rebel Crown 09-20-05 8
       RE: As Much As It Pains Me............ Aruba 09-21-05 10
           RE: As Much As It Pains Me............ lydia 09-21-05 11
               RE: As Much As It Pains Me............ JoshInSGV 09-24-05 13
 RE: As Much As It Pains Me............ RonReports 09-23-05 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

leianawd 471 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-17-05, 01:54 PM (EST)
1. "RE: As Much As It Pains Me..........."
That's exactly how the game is played nothing nice about it. Of course I still think that one can hold on to some morals and integrity, but not the way one would in the real world. I've said it before and I'll say it again Maggie played a good game and a good strategy. She didn't get to the F2 because she tagged along, it was probably hard work to keep that crap alliance together, I know I wouldn't have been able to deal with those people. Maggie would have been more respected by me and probably alot of others if she just didn't act like she had morals and stated this in the diary room. I definately think she deserves to win the money over Ivette.

fedcamper 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-17-05, 02:00 PM (EST)
2. "RE: As Much As It Pains Me..........."
Yup- no doubt she was the master manipulator, and in the end, that's who always wins. Her scheming is acceptable and doesn't have anything to do with her zero likability factor. THAT can be attributed to the fact that we know she really likes Crappy in real life. YUCK!!!!

lydia 109 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-05, 03:02 PM (EST)
3. "RE: As Much As It Pains Me..........."
Yes, the BB game is all about scheming, manipulating, pretending, etc. Remember Jun, and The Doctor (who told everyone upfront he would spend the money on himself) . . .who was the last totally "moral", "decent" person to win this game? So, with those standards Maggie played the BB game to the specifications that have been set up. Remember when America had a vote like the Idol competition? It was so much more fun. Kaysar and Jannelle would have been the final 2 possibly. When I went back and read the Live Feeds, Maggie made me sick.

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-17-05, 07:45 PM (EST)
4. "RE: As Much As It Pains Me..........."

Well said, Chatt!
This has been a really entertaining season.
The only thing better than a contestant to love is one you love to hate.
These people, this "friendship" group, has been so fun to watch, even if it is in a "what will they do next" way.

I've been trying not to be dissapointed by the outcome, by reminding myself that we knew weeks ago that Maggie was going to the end, that the chances she would win were great.
She is a master of control.

If she had come into the Diary Room and spelled it out that this was her plan, that she was controling and manipulating her team,that she was going to make these people take her to the endgame, we would have cheered her strategy. We may not have liked her, but we would have liked that better than her claiming she was oh so moral and good, while talking crap about anyone not following her plan.

The viewers love a good stratagist, they hate a sneaky , smug, better than thou, phoney.

But we knew it was going to come down tho this, she plyed the people instead of the game, but it worked to get her to final two. I don't have to like it, but I gotta give her credit for getting other people to take her there.

cambo 286 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-18-05, 00:09 AM (EST)
5. "RE: As Much As It Pains Me..........."
Usually I root for the underdog and for alliances to stick together but it really pains me to see the Friendshp make it to the end. Even before I started reading the live feed posts, I didn't like the Friendship. From day one, they came across as a bunch of clueless followers.

One part of me says Maggie deserves to be in the final two b/c she played the game well, but on the flip side of that, she manipulated a bunch of lemmings, which isn't saying much.

It would have been interesting to see James and Janelle in the Final Two b/c they were the most complete players.

pumpkinqueen 220 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-05, 02:21 AM (EST)
6. "RE: As Much As It Pains Me..........."
hey cambo! that's what i was going to say--not only were most of the members of the friendship clueless followers, they were completely delusional and self-righteous about it.

at times i liked April--she was funny, intentionally or not--and i really feel sorry for Ivette. i just can't agree that Mags played a good game. getting the friendship to follow her--which i admit would be annoying--is kind of like shooting ducks in a barrel--you can't miss. i will also admit that Mags has maintained plausible deniability--she will be able to say that she tried to live up to her moral standards and get away with it.

surf city doll 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-25-05, 09:57 PM (EST)
14. "RE: As Much As It Pains Me..........."
Exactly! If Maggie had been truthful in the Diary Room, none of us would have thought she was bad. That's why the Dr. in the other season isn't thought of as bad.

Kaysar screwed up by believing Jen...he was the same in the room as well as in front of the other houseguests.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-20-05, 05:52 PM (EST)
7. "RE: As Much As It Pains Me..........."
I'm curious - how many think that Maggie truly is oblivious to the way she has manipulated the Friendsheep?

I suppose it's possible, but I find that thought even more repelling than if she knew exactly what she was doing at all times.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Rebel Crown 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-20-05, 06:31 PM (EST)
8. "RE: As Much As It Pains Me..........."
*raises hand*

I do, and I agree it is more repellant than if she were aware of what she did. She's never admitted it in the DR - if she had, she'd have some respect for her gameplay.

Aruba 3400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-21-05, 06:10 AM (EST)
10. "RE: As Much As It Pains Me..........."
I'm raising my hand too...

Similiar to the Nostrodomas "prophecies" where we wait until AFTER an event occurs to rationalize and back into a "prediction". Maggie seemed to have waited until after the events played out to share her "strategy" with the viewers.

lydia 109 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 03:59 PM (EST)
11. "RE: As Much As It Pains Me..........."
I don't believe Maggie ever shared her actual strategy, because she would have to admit that she manipulated Yvette, April, Beau, and Jennifer (to back-door Kaysar). She also was unaware of her judgmental, holier-than-thou ways as she had a filthy mouth and attitude toward the others in the game.

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-24-05, 08:07 PM (EST)
13. "RE: As Much As It Pains Me..........."
I think Maggie lacks any type of self awareness. She is totally oblivious of how nasty and hypocritical she can be. I hope this experience will help her realize how she carries herself and maybe improve on some of her shortcomings. But, who am I kidding? Expecting that from Maggie would be giving her too much credit.

RonReports 218 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-05, 01:18 PM (EST)
12. "RE: As Much As It Pains Me..........."
When Rachel was evicted I was surprised by how harsh Yvette's taped message to her was. Yvette may have forgotten that Rachel was so close to Howie that her message alienated two members of the jury. A kinder message to Rachel could have allowed Howie to vote for Yvette, and that would have made her this season's grand prize winner. Diplomacy pays.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •