The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Open Letter to True and Zazzy"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Glass 381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-05-04, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Open Letter to True and Zazzy"
Dear True and Zazzy,

About a week and a half ago, Marvin won HOH and decided he would nominate Adria and Michael together. Many, many people on both this board and spoilers... even Marcellas... argued that this was a horrible strategic move and that he instead should have cut a deal with A, CB and Drew and nominated some pinky alliancers.
I disagreed fervently, stating that Marvin's move had indeed been the best he could make for a variety of reasons, all of which you both discussed with me on more than just one thread. True, not long after the noms, I issued you a challenge, stating that time would tell who was right and wrong, and that I was betting my young posting reputation.
And Zazzy, I made a post talking about Marvin's perfect plan and you challenged me on it... I was referring to his plan to break up Diane and Drew. I made that post just after the Internet noms, when Diane and Drew supposedly WERE broken up, and hoped that Diane might really be the one to go.

I was wrong, and True and Zazzy were right! I still contend that Marvin would have had a very hard time staying in the game even if he had teamed up with A/N. For a bunch of reasons, not the least of which being his apparent instability in his last week. But True, you were right. His noms really didn't get him anywhere at all, just like you said it wouldn't, all they did was make him a pinky swear tool!
And yes, I thought he had broken Drew and Diane up. Drew has punk'd me again, I fall for that fake breakup one every time. I loved Marvin's bold move and thought it might have been just enough to make the smoke settle around him. But Zazzy, you were totally right when you said it just alienated more people and screwed his game.

So Zazzy and True, and everybody I might have argued with about Marvin, he's finally been evicted and I accept that as final proof that I was mistaken in not only my assertions about him, but also in my challenges to you. But thanks for the fun times debating, there's nothing better than a little friendly rivalry, win or lose!

Respectfully and humbly signed,
-Glass

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 What class! HistoryDetective 09-05-04 1
 RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy vixie 09-06-04 2
   RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy motormouth 09-06-04 3
       RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy syren 09-06-04 4
           RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy Glass 09-06-04 5
 Nice form , Glass! Drive My Car 09-06-04 6
 RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy true 09-06-04 7
   RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy Glass 09-06-04 8
       RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy Drive My Car 09-06-04 9
 RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy vixie 09-07-04 10
   RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy Pretty_Kitty 09-07-04 11
       RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy HistoryDetective 09-07-04 12
           RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy vixie 09-07-04 13
 RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy zazzy 09-12-04 14
   RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy Glass 09-12-04 15
       RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy vixie 09-12-04 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-05-04, 12:18 PM (EST)
1. "What class!"
Wow! I am impressed. It's good to see that even when some of these debates get so heated that we manage to all remain civil to each other. You're a class act, Glass. And a great big thank you to everybody else who likes a good debate but doesn't make it personal!

vixie 727 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-06-04, 01:50 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy"
LAST EDITED ON 09-06-04 AT 01:51 AM (EST)

You are a gentleman and a scholar in our opinions (arf, arf and hooooowwwwl) Love to love you and love to argue with you, but I was right with you on this one, Glass, honey!
p.s. We love you too History! Bright and intelligent debators all. (okay, okay, stop with the a$$ kissing woman) I'm just sayin...

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-06-04, 02:32 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy"
I second what vix said, it's great to have you both here!

*Courtesy of IceCat*

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

09-06-04, 10:35 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy"
LAST EDITED ON 09-06-04 AT 01:35 PM (EST)

I am starting to sound like a broken record lately...however I am with Vix....love reading all of you guys posts......always enjoyable..insightful.

09-06-04, 01:25 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy"
You guy are way too kind, you're embarrassing me! I'm super flattered that it's you guys too, I love all your posts as well.

But really, I only wrote the open letter because I just wouldn't have been comfortable posting on and on like I hadn't ever picked an argument, and because Zazzy and True deserve their credit for having been completely correct in their arguments. This letter is about them, and this flattery will get you nowhere!

With Gratitude,
-Glass

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

09-06-04, 08:05 PM (EST)
6. "Nice form , Glass!"

This is really a nice post!
This site ( and all it's forums, not just BB) encourage polite discussions and dissagreements about the players on Reality TV shows.
That's why it's fun. If everyone agreed all the time, that would be boring.
Being wrong sometimes, is just part of it ( and who can really predict what the morons playing the game are going to do, anyway?)

That said, I hate that that True is always right! I've learned over the years that she is more often right than wrong.
(steams me)
Glad you stayed around with us, hope you stay and play on the other forums around the site with us too!

( p.s. True is my best friend, so I get to pick on her a bit)

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

09-06-04, 08:33 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy"
Awww, you didn't have to go and do this! I woudn't have pointed and laughed at you! (well, maybe just a little )

Like Buggy said, the fun of this place is that we can talk about stuff, and even disagree, but still have a good, civilized debate! I don't take it personally when someone disagrees with me. In fact, it makes it even more fun! (oh, and of course I'm always right Buggy, I wouldn't post someting if it was wrong...geeze!)

I hope you didn't think I was dogging you, Glass. Sometimes I can't help myself. I'm a little stubborn that way.

I enjoy reading your posts, and reading all of the different points of view. Keep them coming!

09-06-04, 10:03 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy"
LAST EDITED ON 09-07-04 AT 11:21 AM (EST)

Of course not True, I knew that any veteran poster as eloquent and with points as well formulated as your own would be woman enough to deal. But when I lose a challenge I don't glaze by it! Now as soon as Zazzy reads this post I want this sappy love-in to die.

-Glass

ETA that True, these folks are very generous with you! I will be watching, and I will voice every disagreement I have with you, throw every longshot until I finally catch you!

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

09-06-04, 11:43 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy"
Die? No way!
Years from now we will still tease you about this thread.
( It is how it is)
Dude, you post the 'love in' , we tease you forever more. That is how it works.
We don't forget anything in this place. ( see archives)
All your worst typos, all your most embaressing moments, they are public. If you say it, we play it.
( and sadly True is almost always right)

People still tease me about stuff I said 3 yrs ago.
There is no way to save face here.

Just jump in!

09-07-04, 10:19 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy"
Okay, let's all link arms and sing "Kum ba yaaaaa!"
(hack, hack....yuck woman, that was sick! I almost coughed up a hairball, and I'm a DOG!)(No offense to any kittys reading this)

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-04, 01:00 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy"
no offence taken Vixie hairballs come with the territory why my humom stepped on one this morning as she got out of bed

as for the lovefest going on I dont want to offend anybody but Im assuming most of the posters in here are mature adults which makes it easier to express differing opinions without starting a war

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-04, 01:39 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy"
I agree, but there is the occasional off-color remark or attack (a poster claiming that anybody who critiques Brandon and Nicole must be anti-American Christian bashers in the "Mosques R Starbucks" thread; another poster referring to gay people as "disgusting" in the thread about the explosion of youth and absence of people with life experience on Big Brother). It was in response to those such encounters (both of them very recent) that I expressed my appreciation of how civil MOST people around here are when interacting with each other.

09-07-04, 03:45 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy"
You are so right, History, and those "off color" people are probably offenders in RL, as well, most likely miserable types who couldn't buy a clue. Unfortunately we must deal with them as best we can, and hopefully avoid sinking to that level. Bring on the conflict...whooo hooo!

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-12-04, 06:24 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy"
Wow! I did not know this thread was here--you were right, Glass, I was mostly reading the spoiler section because there are so many shows and not enough time!

That is cool that you saw the other side of the debate and posted this thread. Debating with you is fun.

Care to do one about Drew? {wink}

I am not a big supporter of any of the remaining houseguests, they all bug me for different reasons and I have even gotten over what a slimer Di is...so I think I am objective about Dr having made some decent moves along the way to get himself to F3 and a possible win.

I look forward to seeing how it unfolds and having more discussion with you!

Take care!

09-12-04, 07:45 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy"
LMAO, thanks Zazzy, but I think I may be almost done ranting and raving about Drew. I've done it so much I'm not even making new posts, I'm just referencing previous ones because I can't bare the emotional strain of reflecting on that guy's time in the house!

09-12-04, 08:39 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Open Letter to True and Zazzy"
Glass...you're so cute! And I love the new siggy! Syren made me a beaut, as well, but I cannot for the life of me get it up! She gave me specific instructions, but apparently I'm an idiot! (Hey...you said it...no arguements here!) Oh thanks alot dog!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •