The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"That move just Rocked!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

rugoing2letmeplay 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-08-04, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"That move just Rocked!"
I am starting to think, I just like those players that keep the game interesting... YOU know the ones you just LOVE to hate... Diane ROCKED on her little plan... I was Rolling just looking at Nik, and Karen imitation of a deer in headlights.... THAT was totally AWESOME!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Eh, I guess... Glass 09-08-04 1
   RE: Eh, I guess... nailbone 09-08-04 2
       RE: Eh, I guess... Captain_Savem 09-08-04 6
           RE: Eh, I guess... rugoing2letmeplay 09-09-04 7
   RE: Eh, I guess... syren 09-08-04 3
       Diane's move Reality432423 09-08-04 4
   RE: Eh, I guess... HistoryDetective 09-08-04 5
 RE: That move just Rocked! gatecontroltheory 09-09-04 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glass 381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-08-04, 02:24 PM (EST)
1. "Eh, I guess..."
I definitely have to admit, Ru2, she's all but secured her place in F3. And she definitely punk'd Nakomis and Karen hard.
But in determining whether Diane made a "good move" or a "bad move" there's two other questions, as I see it, to consider besides whether the other players were surprised.

1. What impact does this have on the jury house?

In my opinion, there's a chance Diane has just killed her last shot at getting more than a single vote from the jury. Nat, A and Marvin wouldn't have voted for her anyway. Now Will, Nakomis and Karen will not vote for her either. The only vote she's likely to get now is from CB or Drew (Hopefully both), whereas if she'd stuck to the plan she could still fight for votes from W/K/Nak/Dr and maybe even CB.

2. Are her odds of getting to F2 any better?

Well... I guess... but probably only slightly. She was just about guaranteed F3 anyway (as Nakomis would most probably have been the voter and we know how she feels about promises and pecking orders), and she'd have made it at least to the finals of that competition, with what's probably a good chance of beating Nik. Yeah, her odds are probably better against Drew. And yeah, Drew will take her to the finals. But she'll never be able to beat him for a half million dollars.

So basically she gave up a 1:3 chance to win $500,000, to get a slightly better than 2:3 chance at $50,000. If you're playing for second, great move! If you're playing for first, not so much. And hooray, she gets to go to the end with Drew. I guess it just depends on your goals.

-Glass

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-08-04, 02:32 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Eh, I guess..."

Agreed, because it's pretty obvious that this bunch is gonna vote with their hearts rather than their heads, going with who they hate less rather than who played the game well.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Omnia in bonum o-

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-08-04, 11:41 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Eh, I guess..."

But wouldn't you say that part of playing the game well is not burning bridges? Sure, everyone lies and you can't make it to the finals by being completely honest and straight forward, but part of playing a good game is keeping the damage to a minimum. What if Nakomis makes it to the finals? Who did she really lie to? Cowboy? Ok, I'll give you that one, but other than that she's pretty much kept her nose clean. There's a good way to play the game (Nakomis), and there's the "scorched earth" way to play the game (Diane). Diane is so love struck that she has completely forgot about the jury.

Courtesy of Slice & Dice Chop Shop ©2004 All Rights Reserved U.C.B. Local #69
"Blood is thicker than water, but that blood is watered down." ~ Nakomis

rugoing2letmeplay 31 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-04, 01:13 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Eh, I guess..."
For all I know Nik and cowboy have had this game plan all along. What better way to keep people from putting the two of you on the same team, (Such as the twins). By doing this, one of the two of them have a very good chance of being in the final 2, if not both of them. Now, that would really be funny! ~ Who would I want to see out of the two of them win... Nik of course, ... but my vote would be on who played the game the best, and not necessarily by who I like the best.

All I am saying is it's great to still have a player in there that is keeping the game interesting with twist and turns.... Diane is so unpredictable.... and rocks between teams so much.... you can't figure her out....

I've watch every Big Brother since the first one, first aired, and loved each one! However, on BB usually when it gets down to the final three... I lost interest and really don't care which one of the three wins.... as long as it was one of the three...
This season has been great.... and I would vote this season one of the best ever!!! I find myself.... counting the hours until the next show. I only wish I had gone ahead a purchase the 24 hour watch thingy....

The only thing I miss out of BB, is the prizes. They used to offer players to do certain things.... was way toooo cool... I would just hate to devote all that time to playing.... helping them make money for the show... just to walk away with nothing.... that would so suck! Getting a truck or 10,000 at least would be cool.

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-04, 02:35 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Eh, I guess..."
Diane has said that she knows that she cannot win. She went on to say that she is trying for second place because the $50,000 would get her out of debt and help her get bakc onto her feet.
So I agree as a move to come into first, this one was not it, however if she really is playing for second, it wasn't bad. Depends on how it plays out with the following HOH comp, and Veto comp if there are anymore.

Reality432423 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-08-04, 06:38 PM (EST)
4. "Diane's move"
Diane can't win, but you can't control the jury house. I think it's a bad idea for gameplay to consider what the jury will think. That's something you just can't control. Adria and Natallie tried thinking about Jury too.

I believe all you can do is make it to the final 2, that's what makes you a good player. When in the Big Brother House, you can't think of the Jury vote when using your strategy.

Usually the 2nd place player in Big Brother deserves to win because they played great. Daneille, Allison they both deserved to win, however Will got 1st and he deserved it.

I'm really hoping to be surprised this season and Mike or Nocomus can pull it off.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-04, 07:13 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Eh, I guess..."
Well, Glass, speaking of Diane's goals: I think she would be perfectly happy to lose to Drew in the F2. He gets $500,000 and she gets $50,000. But she doesn't see it quite that way. In her mind, THEY get $550,000. I know she had not watched Big Brother prior to being selected for the show. Somebody should have explained to her that it doesn't usually end with a Romber proposal on national television.

gatecontroltheory 37 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-04, 09:15 PM (EST)
8. "RE: That move just Rocked!"
I thought it was great, a stupid move that insured she wouldn't win the 500K just to do what exactly.. if Nik wins the PoV Diane can say bye bye, and if Nik doesn't Diane won't get the 500K anyway.

At best, she is playing for second, then again, maybe she even knows it.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •