The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"How does it work?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-03-04, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"How does it work?"
I have not watched Big Brother since Season one, however, I have watched EVERY episode this season. I've caught on to all the new rules, but now that it is coming to an end, I was wandering what to expect. Does anything change in the HOH Comps, the POV's the Nominations? When does the jury come back into the house? What is the Final 3 like? It seems that a POV is useless then. If someone could just reply with the general rules and what to expect from here on out, I will cyber-kiss you.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 How it works Rebel Crown 09-03-04 1
   RE: How it works RealityAddict 09-03-04 2
       RE: How it works vixie 09-04-04 3
 RE: How does it work? Glass 09-04-04 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Rebel Crown 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-03-04, 03:41 PM (EST)
1. "How it works"
Like Survivor, the final HOH is usually an endurance one. On BB3, the last 3 were in a pool and had to hang on to their key while BB made it rain and storm above them. The POV no longer is used. The HOH just picks one of the other 2 and evicts them live (such drama!)

On BB3, the evicted HGs entered the house on the last day and one could cut the tension with a knife (more drama!). Then, one by one, each HG stood up and announced their vote. I think last year had the same scenario.

Ooooh, my first cyber-kiss!

RealityAddict 327 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-03-04, 03:52 PM (EST)
2. "RE: How it works"
to you both! Thanks for this thread b/c I had forgotten the way this usually plays out.

vixie 727 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-04-04, 12:45 PM (EST)
3. "RE: How it works"
LAST EDITED ON 09-04-04 AT 12:46 PM (EST)

Me, too! And addict...your prowess with coming up with animation is amazing. Throwing kisses is the best second only to the dancing dog!

Glass 381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-04-04, 03:33 PM (EST)
4. "RE: How does it work?"
Hold on now, there's a few things left out...

Final Four is a super special HOH. This is because it's the only HOH competition in the game that you can win, and still maintain your elegibility for HOH the following week. There is also usually one last veto competition with a twist. Last year's BB introduced the Diamond Veto, so named because if there are two nominees and one HOH, then there is only one other player elegible for nomination. Which means that for the first time as veto holder, you have complete control over the noms. We'll see if they pump this aspect again this year.

Once you get to Final Three, tradition states that there is a three-part HOH competition. The first leg is an endurance comp (They seem to get way worse every year... maybe this year they'll singe the HG's feet for a few hours) and the winner moves to the finals. The next competition usually involves some sort of sorting Veto winners and HOH winners in order and stuff like that, and the winner of THAT one goes to the finals. The two finalists finish with a standard HOH comp, and the winner becomes HOH.

Now that HOH doesn't make noms because there's only two players left. Instead, HOH votes (usually live) to evict right in the middle of the livingroom during the eviction meeting.

The two remaining players chillax for a while, having the house to themselves. Now in BB3, my favourite part of the whole season was that they got all the jury members together (everybody in the case of BB3) and they got to have a tribal council () where they could ask questions over the plasma screen. But for the life of me I can't recall if they did the same thing last year because last year was lame.

They all vote, and the winner is revealed, and we might have a reunion or something. And then that's it, end of season!

Hope that helps, Ryrie!

-Glass

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •