The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Double HOH & the BOB factor"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

suzzee 5471 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-05-14, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Double HOH & the BOB factor"
Good, bad or indifferent has the double HOH & ensuing BOB game changed things?

Double HOH & BOB seems to have brought about "what the house wants" voting and forcing non-players (Vic & Jocasta) into their positions as permanent block residents or super pawns. I don't know if this seasons house guests have no huevos by not voting outside the notion of voting with the house or that the double HOH/BOB has caused this to happen.

It could even be said that the use of POV has been affected since the winner of POV could also have immunity due to winning BOB earlier in the week and the POV is on sale to the best promise of future safety in the game.

Or is it just the way this season played out with house guests being admitted in two groups of eight paving the way for the massive pseudo alliance of 8 (that of course fractured) but that all important first eviction gave that group the edge.

I hope they keep the double HOH & BOB, I sort of like the panic on 4 house guests but let them all in the cage at once. I think the split entry was a little weighted for success and may have lead to this snorefest at the live evictions.

Coolest Siggie Ever thx Tribe! 2008

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Double HOH & the BOB factor kingfish 08-05-14 1
   RE: Double HOH & the BOB factor suzzee 08-09-14 3
 RE: Double HOH & the BOB factor tribephyl 08-05-14 2
   RE: Double HOH & the BOB factor suzzee 08-09-14 4
       RE: Double HOH & the BOB factor tribephyl 08-10-14 5
 RE: Double HOH & the BOB factor MCPorche 08-11-14 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 17486 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-14, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Double HOH & the BOB factor"
On the face of it, it would seem that more variables would mean more worrying and more strategizing, and more ensuing hilarity. It seems that at least half the cast doesn't seem capable of getting past the more worrying (and crying) stage, so I'd say the changes were 50% effective.

That was a dumb observation, but it's all I got.

Now, if the challenges could be stepped up a bit, like knife throwing at hamsters strapped to spinning tables and 'have-not' means they no longer have body parts, well then, let the party begin!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-09-14, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Double HOH & the BOB factor"
mmmm, knife throwing. I'd settle for the traditional sharp stick challenge I love from Losers Lodge.

tribephyl 10800 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-14, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Double HOH & the BOB factor"
For one, I like the idea of dual HOHs and the subsequent 4 nominees... The pleasure residing (at least for me) in that 4 people are worried that they may be going home at the end of the week.
However, the addition of the BOB lessens the panic (and my excitement).
I know that production was hopeful of having a dethroned HOH get nominated but with the set-up as it is, the HOHs usually work together and the other remaining HOH (after BOB) would never consider nominating the bygone HOH, so production will never see their dream come alive until waaaaay later on in the game. When the numbers would dictate their choice for replacement.

I agree with you that separating the cast into 2 groups when entering the house sets up a chance for the first group to solidify plans for a super alliance. This season is probably the prime example of the hamsters again out-thinking the rats. But it's the rats own fault.

08-09-14, 08:15 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Double HOH & the BOB factor"
I'm surprised they are still doing double HOH. I thought it would end at jury. I guess they'll run it into the ground until they get their wish of having the dethroned HOH get evicted. It looks like this could be their week to celebrate.

tribephyl 10800 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-14, 05:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Double HOH & the BOB factor"
I had always thought that they would continue the Dbl HOHs until they couldn't any more. Which would be Final 6. Or at least hoping it would remain that way.

Otherwise, this twist will need to be rejiggered if they hope to get real and interesting results out of it.

MCPorche 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-11-14, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MCPorche Click to send private message to MCPorche Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Double HOH & the BOB factor"
To be honest, I can't make up my mind on the twist this year.

Simply because so early on there was a huge alliance created that proceeded to win almost every HOH.....So, at the end of the day, if it weren't for the dual HOH twist, we'd proably still be sitting in exactly the same place as we are now.

The only HOH that wasn't won by one of the BombSquad/Detonators was when Nicole won along with Derrick...but since everyone in the house was behind the plan to get rid of Devin, had Nicole remained HOH, the result would have been the same.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •