The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"thoughts???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

krismiss2us 768 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-08-13, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"thoughts???"
so what's all ya'll's take on the BB crucifixtion?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: thoughts??? Snidget 07-08-13 1
   RE: thoughts??? Aruba 07-09-13 8
       RE: thoughts??? Snidget 07-09-13 9
           RE: thoughts??? Aruba 07-09-13 11
 RE: thoughts??? tribephyl 07-09-13 2
 RE: thoughts??? suzzee 07-09-13 3
   RE: thoughts??? Snidget 07-09-13 4
       RE: thoughts??? suzzee 07-09-13 5
       RE: thoughts??? suzzee 07-10-13 19
 RE: thoughts??? Aruba 07-09-13 6
   RE: thoughts??? Snidget 07-09-13 7
   RE: thoughts??? Colonel Zoidberg 07-09-13 10
       RE: thoughts??? krismiss2us 07-09-13 12
           RE: thoughts??? Snidget 07-09-13 14
               RE: thoughts??? Estee 07-10-13 17
                   RE: thoughts??? Colonel Zoidberg 07-10-13 20
   RE: thoughts??? krismiss2us 07-09-13 13
       RE: thoughts??? Snidget 07-09-13 15
       RE: thoughts??? tribephyl 07-10-13 16
           RE: thoughts??? Snidget 07-10-13 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43860 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-08-13, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: thoughts???"
You mean tossing just Aaryn under the bus and not tossing all the other bigots with her? I don't think there is a bus that big.

I know standard operating procedure in the past was usually whoever is spewing hate speech is cast as the hero so they just sweep it all under the rug so no one will think badly about their chosen one. Well, other than the people who pay for the feeds.

This season seems to be a lot worse for the shear volume of hate speech I think they did have to address it. Especially since it was all over the mainstream media. Heck NPR and the NYTimes have reported on it, so harder to pretend it just didn't happen than in the previous years.

Aaryn got the most coverage because they have to have a reason for why she's the target next week. They always manage to rig it so the scorned one any given week gets HOH right away before the wound has a chance to scab over.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

07-09-13, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: thoughts???"
You really think the HOH competition was "rigged" for Aaryn to win? I dunno. Historically some competitions have been skewed to favor the advantages of a particular HG, but I'm thinking this one would be difficult to "fix."

First of all it was run in pairs. Even though Jeremy is a solid competitor, Aaryn's effort still counted for half, and she's not exactly a juggernaut in competitions. And I'm not sure sheer athletic ability was a huge advantage. Heck, ANDY and his partner were running neck-and-neck with Jeremy/Aaryn.

An even if Jeremy was perceived as a "ringer" in this competition, the only way to assure Aaryn is partnered with him is to have her draw first from a sack with all Jeremy's names, and then SOMEHOW switch the bag with another containing the remaining HGs WITHOUT THE OTHERS SUSPECTING THE FIX.
HIGHLY unlikely.

Lastly, if Production had their way I would think they would rather have had Elissa win HOH for obvious reasons.

07-09-13, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: thoughts???"
Well I was joking, mostly....

But it does seem that far more often than I would suspect the most scorned becomes the next HOH.

How much is production and how much is just let the p!ssed off scorned person have the HOH so I don't have to deal with them up in my room yelling at me to be the one to get blood on my hands for their revenge fantasy.

For the drama I do think they do want the scorned one to be the next HOH, makes for a better story line than one side of the house dominates too much.

How often they can arrange it, I dunno, but I do think you took my boyfriend I kill you is a better story line than Rachel's sister gets all the power. I think they'd rather have her in the survives week after week against the odds for awhile before she gets the HOH.

07-09-13, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: thoughts???"
You're right...it is often the HG with the ax to grind wins HOH so they can swing that ax more sooner than later. Sometimes they help to arrange it; but sometimes it's just dumb luck.

The only issue I have with the "you took my boyfriend I kill you" storyline is it make the week so BLOODY predictable. It was an absolute certainty Aaryn would nominate Elissa, and other than winning POV I don't see how she survives this week.

Even if Elissa wins MVP again. Last week she was high on nominating Nick before McCrea convinced her otherwise. If she wins MVP again, she probably goes ahead and nominates Nick. The Moving Co., stalker Jessie, and any other bimbo in the House who lusts him will never evict Nick.

I just think unpredictability over obvious makes for a better game.

tribephyl 9683 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-13, 01:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: thoughts???"
Golgotha-lite.
Only one sinner today.
Perhaps by the end of summer we'll have more.

I'm just sad we lost Estee in the process.

suzzee 4954 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-09-13, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: thoughts???"
I'm so losing interest this season.

Coolest Siggie Ever thx Tribe! 2008

07-09-13, 01:02 PM (EST)
4. "RE: thoughts???"
*nods*

Especially since people seem to talk about the controversial hamsters so they keep them around past their expiration date.

Bad enough Honey Boo Boo is deliberately doing a watch and smell. I'm afraid of what odors may come out of my TV if some of these people stay too much longer.

and I hear plenty of "everybody does it" so why should these people be punished because they got caught. I just don't agree that we ignore hate because historically human beings have a tendency towards it. There are a lot of things we don't do now that at one time everybody did.

07-09-13, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: thoughts???"
I heard a commercial, can't wait. So glad I have hi def tv.

I should be watched....closely.

07-10-13, 10:06 AM (EST)
19. "RE: thoughts???"
Was in the grocery store, walked by the book aisle and saw this

~no comment~

I should be watched....closely.

07-09-13, 07:04 PM (EST)
6. "RE: thoughts???"
I know I'm getting technical here, but when I think of crucifixion (other than the obvious literal definition of being nailed to a cross) in a figurative sense, I think of treating someone with injustice or needlessly tormenting the accused.

Therefore my thoughts are she wasn't really "crucified"...simply put, Aaryn got the edit she deserved. Yes, we also had a dose of GinaMarie and Spenser on the bandwagon of inappropriate comments. But based on reports I've heard, what we saw/heard on Sunday's telecast, and DR confessionals from more than one HG, Aaryn CLEARLY was the worst offender...and being the reigning HOH put even more focus on her.

As harsh as some may feel the edit was, it's nothing compared to what Aaryn and GinaMarie have waiting for them (or should I say DON'T have waiting for them) when they walk out of the House and into their unemployment offices.

If both attend the Season Finale I'm certain we'll see more tears between them in one hour than Helen provided the entire season, along with endless apologies and appeals to try to meagerly salvage whatever is left of their pathetic and pitiful characters.

Spenser, on the other hand, is another story. As a Conductor I'm going to assume he's probably unionized. If in fact that's true, short of premeditated murder, embezzlement, or raping a co-worker, his job is safe; so I'm fairly certain he will still have a job when he goes back home despite any inappropriate behavior he displayed in the House.

07-09-13, 07:20 PM (EST)
7. "RE: thoughts???"
Union Pacific has distanced itself from his comments, and has said everything has to go through the collective bargaining agreement. I assume he can't be fired, probably can get a reprimand put in his file that may be the difference between him and someone else getting a promotion, etc. down the road.

Colonel Zoidberg 3643 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-09-13, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: thoughts???"
Spenser, on the other hand, is another story. As a Conductor I'm going to assume he's probably unionized. If in fact that's true, short of premeditated murder, embezzlement, or raping a co-worker, his job is safe

Spencer probably will have a job when he gets home, and the union probably have a lot to do with that, but there are ways to get rid of bulletproof employees short of crimes.

I have a friend who works for the federal government, and he describes the ultimate job security goal of federal employment as being "vested," which likely offers similar protection to a union. According to him, there are only two ways to get fired, and what you described above is one of them. The other? The exact same thing Ginamarie got canned for - the N-bomb. So if Spencer had said the N-word, it's likely he could have been fired. (Yes, I know what he said was a slur just the same, but there are insults, there are slurs, and then there's the N-word.)

Also, Aaryn may end up going from cannon fodder to the perfect F2 pawn. A poop-throwing monkey would probably win a 7-0 jury vote over Aaryn, given that her boy toy is out of the house.

07-09-13, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: thoughts???"
I don't watch the live feeds....and it hasn't been reported, but what DID spenser say???

07-09-13, 09:09 PM (EST)
14. "RE: thoughts???"
I thought his was mostly sexist rather than racists. I think he's used the C-word a few times, but I lose track these days as there has been so much by so many.

Estee 55190 desperate attention whore postings

07-10-13, 06:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: thoughts???"
Spencer's the one who openly praised Nazi medical experiments.

It's really a very special hamster assembly, isn't it?

Colonel Zoidberg 3643 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-10-13, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: thoughts???"
Furthermore, he referred to Andy as Kermit the...ahem, Cigarette.

07-09-13, 09:00 PM (EST)
13. "RE: thoughts???"
Well, technically you're correct about my original post. and before anyone decides to jump down my throat, let me preface this by saying what aaryn & gm said was wrong and stupid, etc...pick your adjective. ( i don't know what spenser said) But i guess what i am questioning is why ya'll think they're getting "run over with a bus" so badly. Again, what they said was totally wrong, but why is it that some people seem to be able to get away with saying certain things and others don't? that's my question. of course, as i say on FB, i'm an equal opportunity snarker. But my snarking tends to be at opinions as opposed race...but that's just me. again, appreciate hearing all ya'lls thoughts on this!

one more thing, why/how did we lose estee?

07-09-13, 09:20 PM (EST)
15. "RE: thoughts???"
Well there was so many comments by so many of the cast that it was making news all over the place and CBS was probably getting a lot more pressure than they usually do when they hide the ugly side of specific houseguests.

They could have run the bus over more of them, but there is only so much time and I think the what will happen to Aaryn after her HOH is over will mean she needs to be shown more, and I think she's done more of it and seems more clueless about it than anyone else.

What made Estee quit the show was everything they showed was from the previous week and wasn't shown in sync with when it happened.

It is good, IMO, they finally showed it, but they made it seem like she was only that obnoxious because David was gone, not that she's been that way since day one even when she had her snuggle bunny.

tribephyl 9683 desperate attention whore postings

07-10-13, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: thoughts???"
But my snarking tends to be at opinions as opposed race...
Precisely why this is an issue. Aryan cannot separate the game from her racist feelings. She blames the minority hamsters (misguidedly) for her anger, her position, her feelings, her opinions, etc.
They are bitchy, because they're black. For instance.
(and I ask myself, what is her excuse then?)
She refuses to feed the black fish for goodness sakes. She has a SERIOUS problem with color and race. and it extends to everyone (and everything) resembling or reminiscent of black culture. And Asian culture, and gay culture...

BUT. She is not the only one. She does it out of ignorance and intolerance. Jeremy does it out of bravado and confrontation. Spencer does it because he hates women. GinaMarie does it to fit in.
And now, it's so prevalent that other hamsters are feeling powerless to combat it.
CBS has been trying their best to warn them by pulling individuals into the DR and explaining that things are getting out of control. To no avail, so far.
It's gotten so bad that CBS is shutting down feeds tomorrow so the entire cast can assemble for "sensitivity training".
YUP!
For real.

07-10-13, 07:36 AM (EST)
18. "RE: thoughts???"
Oh My Heck, is Dingo getting her wish? Although I doubt they'll bring in the trainer she wants them to.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •