The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Glass House."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55190 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-12-12, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Glass House."
And in one of those stunning twists which will make Grodner's bosses sue ABC all the faster, public voting on contestants begins before the public ever meets the contestants. The show premieres on 6/18 and the voting lines? Are already open. Gosh, here's hoping those first impressions are really accurate.

On the other hand, ABC has done one thing Endemol has refused to try since BB launched: spent money. Not on the prize -- it's half of what the hamsters dream of -- but on the location. Take a look at the competition's set designs.

http://www.abctheglasshouse.com/inside-the-glass-house/

Here's a few FAQs no one bothered asking. Note the incredibly restricted Internet access times -- you will peek in on the cast when ABC says you can, period. No rolling blackouts and extended shots of fish, sure, but you spy on their schedule or none.

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/the-glass-house/show-faq

And meet the original crop of -- well, 'hamsters' is taken. Shall we go with guinea pigs? Because the lawsuit is going to make them squeal.

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/the-glass-house/bios

I haven't read all the self-promotion yet, but the bits I have gone through make it painfully clear that some of these little piggies did their own compositions. It also seems as if casting quotas are in full effect from Day One. And of course, it's ABC, who cannot make a reality show work without finding a way to cancel it. Hopes are not high. Hopes do not exist. But the guinea pigs might have the show canceled out from under them before anyone gets paid, and that's really the best of all possible fates.

Oh, and last for the links: the voting page. Because don't you feel informed enough to make a decision on the vital issues of the day?

http://glass-house.abc.go.com/shows/the-glass-house/view-and-vote/

No?

Well, that never stopped anyone before.

All I can see of the current poll: 'For twenty-four hours, should the players eat?' I want to vote no.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Glass House. krismiss2us 06-13-12 1
   RE: Glass House. Round Robin 06-13-12 2
       RE: Glass House. Estee 06-13-12 3
 Jokers treats this as a warm-up exe... Estee 06-13-12 4
   just wanna say krismiss2us 06-14-12 5
 Live feed: I want my hour back suzzee 06-14-12 6
   RE: Live feed: I want my hour back Estee 06-15-12 7
 Judge allows filming to proceed -- Estee 06-15-12 8
   RE: Judge allows filming to proceed... suzzee 06-16-12 9
       RE: Judge allows filming to proceed... Round Robin 06-18-12 10
 Premiere Estee 06-19-12 11
   RE: Premiere suzzee 06-19-12 13
 Ratings. Estee 06-19-12 12
   RE: Ratings. suzzee 06-19-12 14
       RE: Ratings. Estee 06-20-12 15
 CBS counterprogramming. Estee 06-21-12 16
   RE: CBS counterprogramming. krismiss2us 06-24-12 17
 Episode #2. Estee 06-26-12 18
   RE: Episode #2. Starshine 06-26-12 20
       RE: Episode #2. Estee 06-26-12 21
 Ratings #2. Estee 06-26-12 19
   RE: Ratings #2. krismiss2us 07-05-12 22
 Jacob: quit or fired? Estee 07-07-12 23
 Selective blindness. Estee 07-17-12 24
   RE: Selective blindness. krismiss2us 07-18-12 25
       RE: Selective blindness. Estee 07-18-12 26
 RE: Glass House. kingfish 07-19-12 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

krismiss2us 768 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-13-12, 01:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Glass House."
There was a reason they changed the voting format after season 1 of bb...while america loves to watch drama unfold, they refuse to allow it in shows they have a say in. so with america holding the votes in this, he who causes the most drama will be voted out...and the show will die a slow and agonizing death. Because, let's admit it, regardless of what we say, we love the drama and the ones like rachel (except her laugh) and EvilDick! Those are the types that keep the show interesting. People, as individuals are smart...as a group are just a bunch of sheep

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Round Robin 2243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-13-12, 04:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Glass House."
I have never liked the America's Votes they still use on BB. Let the public get involved and they will f--- up a perfectly good show, as they do with the silly bullsh1t they vote on on BB. And this Glass House show looks like a crappy BB ripoff in the making, so I might not even bother with it.

06-13-12, 07:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Glass House."
Right now, my best-case scenario for entertainment is that the public does screw this up -- on purpose. If the ratings are just barely high enough to keep this on the air, the voting pool is three inches deep, and the Worsters get involved, we could be in for twists on a level which would scare the producers. Goodbye control, hello fun!

06-13-12, 04:29 PM (EST)
4. "Jokers treats this as a warm-up exercise."
http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=TheGlassHouse

Read all you like (for what there currently is of it), but there are already spoilers present and any discussion of those should be placed in the other forum. Might as well get that lawsuit going...

One interesting bit: the game is not constantly on. Contestants are taken out of the GH for two days in every seven and kept in isolated hotel sequester. Guess ABC hates paying overtime.

06-14-12, 01:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "just wanna say"
estee i love reading your recaps and thoughts. you always make me laugh

suzzee 4954 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-14-12, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Live feed: I want my hour back"
The live online hour. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Disembodied voice "DV": Makes Chenbot sound like a cheerleader

They played "Oddball Dodgeball", using stuffed animals, koosh balls and toilet paper rolls.

I thought that was tedious until we have "Sexy Yoga". There is nothing sexy about it. They send a yoga instructor for the "challenge" the teacher is annoyed that DV keeps jabbering over her very serious yoga lesson.

Now that we're all warm and fuzzy and we viewers get to decide how this YouTube version of Yoga class goes. The teacher is even a bit snippy towards the more boisterous.....what are they anyway, fish?

Now it's turned into "Are you having fun?" from the teacher.

This is amazing. One live feed hour this? 20 minutes of dodgeball and the rest of it a yoga class. Nobody is listening to the DV, production must have walked out. This is torture. Fire your lawyers CBS, this show will destroy itself before the week is out.

I can't watch anymore. What a train wreck. I hope they only rented the furniture.

Sockpuppet out

agman made me famous dahlin'

06-15-12, 11:58 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Live feed: I want my hour back"
Fire your lawyers CBS, this show will destroy itself before the week is out.

They're not taking any chances. The lawsuit has been accelerated due to the rival's premiere date (6/18) and a decision could come down today. CBS is now saying that the live feeds broadcast proves this is a BB ripoff. Because if anyone's equipped to know what incredibly boring live feeds look like, it's CBS.

Right now, Jokers agrees with the 'boring' part. Given the incredibly limited access times, the feeds being shown are essentially scripted events. And so far, these people can't write or act.

Neither of which may be a problem for much longer.

06-15-12, 06:18 PM (EST)
8. "Judge allows filming to proceed --"
-- for now.

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/article/cbss-glass-house-lawsuit-judge-denies-temporary-restraining-order-44286

Note that CBS is basically declaring their right to sue on a per-episode basis -- and also stating that no matter what happens, they will take every former Endemol employee and force them through the worst punishment they can think of. Unfortunately, most of those people have already dealt with the hamsters, so the network may need a backup plan.

And you almost have to love this quote:

'Arguing that CBS has failed to define any trade secrets that ABC has allegedly violated, Pomerantz added that CBS has " yet to identify what we're really doing wrong." Pomerantz told Feess, ""ABC doesn't want to use any of CBS' trade secrets. It doesn't need them."'

Of course they don't! Experience proves they're perfectly capable of assembling a cast of unlikeable idiots in their own!

06-16-12, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Judge allows filming to proceed --"
CBS is worried they'll lose viewers if there is something remotely akin to their show.

American Idol
The Voice
Duets
America's got Talent
So you think you can dance
Dancing with the stars

Need I go on, apparently there is room for duplication in the broadcast world. There is nothing new anywhere.h We couldn't handle the stimulation. ugh

I don't know if I'll be able to watch Glass House OR will I be able to not watch it.\

A Tribe masterpiece

Round Robin 2243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-18-12, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Judge allows filming to proceed --"
I've seen a couple of the promos for this misbegotten disaster in the making, and it looks like BB on steroids in terms of the stupidity of the show and the insanity of the contestants. I think this mess is gonna have to survive a couple years before I'll even consider trying it. One BB type show is about all I can handle.

06-19-12, 06:17 AM (EST)
11. "Premiere"
So AlexSteinNinetyNinePantiesJustFine believes that becoming the greatest villain in reality television history means throwing around insults a sugar-rushed fourth-grader might have to look up the spelling on. Well, he was captain of his high school football team: mentally, fourth grade is pretty much where he stopped...

(See? You can beat him at his one-and-only game too.)

This brings up the question of viewer intent. Yes, someone voted for him to make that decision -- although based on his behavior prior to the unleashing, you could argue that the playground taunter is the whole of his semi-personality and he was just waiting to let it loose. (Would he have asked his friends to vote yes on that question? Does he have any?) But in the one and only U.S. BB season we have to steer by, the first contestants voted out by the audience were the ones they saw as disruptive to the house -- and the Worsters have yet to become involved as a group. Also, note that the quit did not fill the one and only elimination slot for the week: the show does not care if they lose two. A double ouster may have been planned for later in the season and as far as they're concerned, they can just have it right now.

The producers may already be sick of Steinyno. And if this keeps up, they'll have a lot of company.

Notes:

'The show they didn't want you to see.' Who's 'they'? Gee, did the lawyers clean that one up too?

Interior design is to the hamster cage as an art museum is to your average finger painting. Exterior design is -- weird. The yard feels like your basic astroturf carpet and nothing else: no home touches, no signs of life. And no idea if the contestants can go outside and look through the walls.

So what's the benefit to being a winning team captain? There has to be one, right? The losing party gets auto-stuck on the block and the winner receives -- nothing they bothered to put on the air. Problem. A lot of basic information was left out of last night's broadcast: that piece just stood out more than a few others.

Looking at the listings, this is a once-weekly airing. (So there's a point of differentiation for the court: even the official glimpses are more limited.) It means the editors can really pick and choose -- but how much will they have to work with? The glimpses of cage activities are trying to create the illusion of an active household, but when glimpses are all you get...

Vote results seem to be extra-public. The stones (best touch in the game) were different shapes and those shapes appeared under the names of the people balloted for. You not only know how many, but there's a good chance you know who as well. Which means Steinymo is working on the presumption that the emotional and mental age of the viewing public is exactly the same as his, because the other guinea pigs are going to put him back into Limbo every week and he needs what he sees as America to save him time after time.

He should have brought a guitar.

06-19-12, 02:15 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Premiere"
He should have brought a guitar.

America's Got Evil Dick.....again.

I should be watched....closely.

06-19-12, 02:04 PM (EST)
12. "Ratings."
4.2m for the first episode. This represents a dropoff of three million from the lead-in, with a loss of 700k during the premiere itself. So all publicity isn't effective publicity.

06-19-12, 02:21 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Ratings."
Train wreck, and that's just Alex.

I should be watched....closely.

06-20-12, 11:52 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Ratings."
I just started a thread in Spoilers, but I don't know what's going to be lower: post count or total episodes aired. ABC has pulled reality shows prior to completion before this. 4.2m isn't a disaster number by any means -- but if it slips...

06-21-12, 11:00 AM (EST)
16. "CBS counterprogramming."
http://tinyurl.com/dancingonthestars

06-24-12, 00:22 AM (EST)
17. "RE: CBS counterprogramming."
train wreck it definitely is...you can't help but watch...to see who's gonna die

06-26-12, 02:36 PM (EST)
18. "Episode #2."
Also the number of viewers.

* Ye gawds, did that challenge look cheap. At least BB dresses up the backyard a bit. This crew admittedly has the advantage of an actual ceiling to hang things from, but they're not doing enough with it. (Note that the contestants can go outside when challenges aren't on.)

* Pick-'em, huh? That could get dangerous.

* I did appreciate Alex's entrance/exit. He rises. He falls. He doesn't get to say a word in between.

* Oh, so that's how captains work. The two least popular have to lead the teams (and you find out just who was in at the absolute bottom later) and only one of them is saved while the loser drags someone down with them. It's really reality show as popularity contest, which means Idol sues next. Alliances? Talent? Skills? They all mean nothing here. It's just how many viewers like you. Which means Holly, despite the exposure on her lies, should come back up next week. It's hard to see Apollo as having picked up any fans last night.

* The previews seem to be promising that unlike the CBS counterpart, this show will not hide the stupidity of its contestants. More when we get to it. If I can be bothered to watch.

* A map of the house would be helpful. We can navigate the hamster cage in our sleep, but this place is still a mystery.

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-12, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Episode #2."
* The welcome return of the sixteenth chapel

* Name an artist, any artist

* OK so you actually studied psychology, name a psychologist.

Dr Phil

Epic fail

06-26-12, 05:50 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Episode #2."
'But I don't know any artists who were full-time DAWs with no actual skills other than finding camera time and ruining lives!'

You could almost applaud.

06-26-12, 03:59 PM (EST)
19. "Ratings #2."
Down twenty percent from the premiere.

Start bailing.

07-05-12, 00:33 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Ratings #2."
this is why the first bb sucked...america had a say in how it played out. while we love to watch drama, we vote out the jerks. we love to hate them but if given the choice, they will be voted out quickly. this show is totally doomed.

and that dipnut who wants whats-her-butt out b/c of how she voted? seriously? that guy needs a serious reality check

07-07-12, 02:26 PM (EST)
23. "Jacob: quit or fired?"
It's been belatedly uncovered that he appeared in some pornography targeted at homosexual audiences, which might not have sat well with Can You Believe We Still Pretend Our ABC Stuff Is For Family Viewing? Disney. If they found out before we did (and still well after any applicants should have been vetted), then they might have taken the first chance to toss him on their general principles. So there's another differentiation point with BB, which kept James...

07-17-12, 08:32 AM (EST)
24. "Selective blindness."
The side of the house which is vehemently anti-equality on marriage, which insists on calling themselves 'the righteous people' -- they keep winding up as team captains and elimination candidates. Which means they always have the least popular players in the game. In a show based on public vote. And they don't understand how they could have offended the audience.

*applause*

07-18-12, 08:15 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Selective blindness."
I think that this whole topic should be thrown out of the house. People have their beliefs. If you have to use a reality show forum to get your point across, then you have a problem. I think Geoffrey's got bigger issues than his thoughts on gay marriage. While I agree with you, Estee, on how the other half of the house is being shortsighted, I don't believe that the other side is any better. Quite frankly, I think that Geoffrey's attack on what's-her-name regarding how she voted was completely uncalled for and really "prejudicial" of him.

07-18-12, 08:37 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Selective blindness."
Reality television can be a forum and launching point for discussion of issues like any other, although the only issue which usually comes up is whether it's really a good idea to try and date twenty-five people at the same time. So as far as using this for a springboard, your milage varies: mine says fine and sans humanitae for half the house because the Righteous People are bringing back memories of Maggie's happy little cult, which is never a way to get on my good side. And yes, Jeffrey is hardly perfect, but he has every right to make some poor man miserable for the rest of their lives.

That came out wrong.

But as far as the topic being brought into the game in the first place -- blame the producers. They decided the crew was getting along too well. ABC's reality shows center around manufactured drama: for details, see Chris Harrison and as long as you're that close, please punch him in the face and tell him it's from me. So how do we get a fight going? Bring in one of the hot button issues currently dividing the country. If this hadn't started the fights, they would have moved on to abortion, elections, the Dallas Cowboys, and Direct TV vs. Dish Network, possibly in that order. As-was, the first cheap stunt paid for all.

The topic is in the house and cannot be removed until one side of the issue is gone. (And for the viewership, it'll never be that easy.) I just find it amusing that the anti-side can't conceive of the thought that the outside majority could be against them. American political disease #2: only those who agree with me actually exist.

Of course, most of the television watcher pool is starting to agree that this show doesn't exist. Wonder when ABC will start to agree with them.

kingfish 16087 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-12, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Glass House."
Glass House is a show which actually makes BB seem classy.

A real accomplishment.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •