The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Chima Benson: hamster survivor."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55190 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-14-09, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Chima Benson: hamster survivor."
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1936092/big_brother_11_houseguest_chima_benson.html

She has told the others about this. Some of them may not believe her. I have no doubt a few already decided she's looking for sympathy and trying to ride her story through the season: don't vote for the former victim. But it's real.

No matter how she reacts to house conditions, there is a core of steel in her. But I don't think being in the hamster cage is the best thing for her. It isn't anywhere in the top ten thousand -- and as soon as they start calling her a liar, the actual position will drop...

BTW: if anyone's thinking of commenting on her appearance, please remember that all her facial surgery was both reconstructive and necessary.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Chima Benson: hamster s... mhdallas 07-15-09 1
   RE: Chima Benson: hamster s... SilverStar 07-15-09 4
 RE: Chima Benson: hamster s... suzzee 07-15-09 2
   RE: Chima Benson: hamster s... vince3 07-15-09 3
 Chima rocks. Estee 07-17-09 5
   Schweet! IceCat 07-17-09 6
   RE: Chima rocks. SilverStar 07-17-09 8
       RE: Chima rocks. Estee 07-17-09 9
           RE: Chima rocks. SilverStar 07-17-09 10
               RE: Chima rocks. Estee 07-17-09 11
 And in a side note.. kingfish 07-17-09 7
 RE: Chima Benson: hamster s... frisky 07-17-09 12
   RE: Chima Benson: hamster s... Estee 07-18-09 13
       RE: Chima Benson: hamster s... kingfish 07-18-09 14
 RE: Chima Benson: hamster s... kingfish 07-20-09 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mhdallas 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-15-09, 08:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mhdallas Click to send private message to mhdallas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Chima Benson: hamster survivor."
I still don't like her. Regardless of what happened in her past, the fact remains that she's just as 'superficial' as the word she was trying to spell last night. I can't wait to see how she handles a week of slop.

'Core of steel' in her? While I can't say anything about what may have happened in her past, I haven't seen any particular strengths so far. She didn't even try to campaign to have the POV used to save her - all she did was whine about people rallying around Lydia. At least Lydia did have the sense to fight for her survival in the game (and it worked!) Chima is not my least favorite player (that title is now divided evenly between Jessie and Russell), but the sooner she's gone, the better. Shoot, I'd even rather see Braden stay this week than her (and I HATE surfers!)

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

07-15-09, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Chima Benson: hamster survivor."
I can't wait to see how she handles a week of slop.

You're seeing it now. She's been on slop all week.

A Tribe work of art

suzzee 4954 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-15-09, 08:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Chima Benson: hamster survivor."
I agree with this not being thing for her. The way they (the show) strings those people out makes everyone edgy and a bit insane is good for ratings but mentally she's been through enough. I'd hate to see a late night prank push her beyond what she is able to deal with.

Ode to Dali Tribe style 2008

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

07-15-09, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Chima Benson: hamster survivor."
If anyone tries a prank, I see two possible results, both of which will end with her leaving the habitat:

1. It gives her flashbacks, and she asks to quit, rather than deal with it......

2. She lashes back, attacking the prankster, possibly injuring them to the point that they can't continue. She gets evicted by the rules of the game.

07-17-09, 06:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Chima rocks."
Hamsterwatch had a follower in the studio audience.

'Chima's speech was bleeped even for the East Coast, but Hamsterwatcher DrunkEnough was in the studio and reports Chima repeated the "beaner" comment as well as "He called YOU a whore, Julie, yes he did!" which was followed by studio gasps, a shocked Julie, and a rattled crew.. the "Early Show" taping had to be delayed, and the pièce de résistance? Julie's hubby and babydaddy Les Moonves (CEO of CBS) was there tonight!'

Any time someone blows the lid off Endemol's editing tactics (the blatant attempts to cover up for Braden) on live television, I've got their back. Of course, the producers will now miscall the game a thousand different ways to keep her from winning -- but she ripped the lid off their cover-up and there's nothing they can do about it.

Beautiful.

IceCat 17313 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-09, 06:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Schweet!"

I love it when somebody puts a size 12 hobnail boot straight through the fourth wall.

07-17-09, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Chima rocks."
It's not like she did it to "blow the lid off the editing tactics" though. She did it to humiliate Braden, which is fine, because he deserves to be called on his racist comments, but I don't think she should have brought up what he said about Julie. First of all, he didn't call her a whore, he said ho. Secondly, he said it jokingly when they were all playing a game together and having fun. Was it a stupid thing to say? Absolutely. Braden said a lot of stupid things that most people wouldn't take seriously.

To me, her little speech just came off as immature. She just wanted to stir things up and get attention. And I really don't agree with her trying to paint everyone who voted for Braden to stay as a racist, too. How many times do these people say "It's not personal, it's a game." But then when people need to vote for Braden to keep the numbers on their side, it's turned around and made to seem like they're voting for him because they agree with and condone his personal views. Whatever.

I don't have any real problems with Chima, but I don't think she's some sort of hero for calling everyone out on live TV.

07-17-09, 03:07 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Chima rocks."
First of all, he didn't call her a whore, he said ho.

Um... that's kind of a 'you say potato and I say tater' situation. And judging by some of what's come out on the feeds et. all, a couple of those votes were cast by people who very probably (and happily) agree with Braden's views.

Her motivation might be suspect here, but I really enjoyed the results.

07-17-09, 03:23 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Chima rocks."
I agree that whore and ho are pretty much the same word, but I think that whore is slightly more offensive. Sort of like the b-word and the c-word are meant to convey the same thing, but the c-word is much worse. JMO.

FTR, Jeff actually stood up in the middle of that fight and told Braden that what he was saying was not right at all, so there's that. I'm assuming he's one of the people you are talking about who agree with Braden. I don't see it that way.

07-17-09, 05:21 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Chima rocks."
Jeff uses 'gay' as a belittlement so often, you'd swear The Commission Of Supposedly-Witty Ten-Year Old Boys was paying him by the utterance -- if they hadn't already blown their budget on Jordan.

As for the offensiveness of words in their shortened forms... I can't go too far into this without breaking through the PG-13 rule, so let's just say that whether you called Kevin a bundle of sticks or a British cigarette, he's likely to be equally unhappy either way.

kingfish 16087 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-09, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "And in a side note.."
..Hooray for the Texas Legal System.

frisky 11684 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-09, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Chima Benson: hamster survivor."
She's friends with Marcellus.

"This season I have an additional reason to watch Big Brother. One of the house guests is my very good pal, Chima. Several months ago she approached me about doing the show. I sent a few emails and voila! Look who’s on!"

Perpetual *headbutt* compliments of Rolly.

07-18-09, 06:57 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Chima Benson: hamster survivor."
I'll try not to hold that against her.

I'll probably fail.

07-18-09, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Chima Benson: hamster survivor."
A recomendation from Marcellas to be on Big Brother.

Pitiful.

07-20-09, 09:34 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Chima Benson: hamster survivor."
LAST EDITED ON 07-20-09 AT 10:22 AM (EST)

You know, I want to like Chima. She has an intelligent job/career, one that I can admire, she is cute as can be, she seems to be very intelligent, and she isn't shy.

But she makes it hard to like her. She has a few negative attributes, one of which is a relish for cheap shots and unprovoked insults. Sometimes cheap shots are funny, but the way Chima uses them is mean spirited and uncalled for.

I have a lot of sympathy for the girl, and a lot of admiration. But I would not like to know her in person, and at the moment wouldn't mind if she were evicted.

Just to add: Finding a BB houseguest that I want to like, even if he/she makes it hard to, is a refreshing experience.

Capt'n two patches says, "The South Shall Be a'rising agin, Sah"!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •