The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Soulmates Twist"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

tribephyl 9683 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-13-08, 07:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Soulmates Twist"
For it or against it?
Does it wreck the integrity of the game by forcing alliances?
Or
Does it strengthen the gameplay due to an inherent numbers thing?

I can see both sides, obviously, as noted above. I didn't steal those sentences from anywhere.
Yet I can't help but wonder "why?" and "how long?".

How are the producers hoping to make up for the deficit of participants as it correlates to the amount of time the show will be airing? At a normal pace, evicting one couple a week, this show would be done in 6 weeks. There's still 8 more weeks to go. (AND we've already got an accelerated 1st eviction.)

Presuming that the producers knew that the couples twist wouldn't be able to last the projected 14 week run... Why did they decide to go ahead with it? Do we have to look forward to another "vote someone back in" twist? Are the remaining HGs gonna get "divorced" in a couple weeks?

What are some of your thoughts?
Anyone?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Logic. Estee 02-13-08 1
   RE: Logic. tribephyl 02-13-08 14
 RE: Soulmates Twist kingfish 02-13-08 2
   RE: Soulmates Twist Estee 02-13-08 4
       RE: Soulmates Twist kingfish 02-13-08 17
   RE: Soulmates Twist Wallflower66 02-13-08 18
 RE: Soulmates Twist maroonclowns mom 02-13-08 3
   RE: Soulmates Twist nazpink 02-13-08 5
 RE: Soulmates Twist aquariaqueen 02-13-08 6
   RE: Soulmates Twist Sues 02-13-08 7
       RE: Soulmates Twist Wallflower66 02-13-08 19
 RE: Soulmates Twist jbug 02-13-08 8
   RE: Soulmates Twist mia rules18 02-13-08 9
 RE: Soulmates Twist CattyChat 02-13-08 10
   RE: Soulmates Twist jbug 02-13-08 11
       RE: Soulmates Twist Buggy 02-14-08 23
           RE: Soulmates Twist jbug 02-15-08 27
   RE: Soulmates Twist nailbone 02-13-08 13
   RE: Soulmates Twist tribephyl 02-13-08 15
   RE: Soulmates Twist JoshInSGV 02-13-08 16
   RE: Soulmates Twist Wacko Jacko 02-14-08 22
 Further Logic cahaya 02-13-08 12
   Failed Logic tribephyl 02-15-08 25
       RE: Failed Logic cahaya 02-15-08 26
 RE: Soulmates Twist JoshInSGV 02-14-08 20
 RE: Soulmates Twist mia rules18 02-14-08 21
   RE: Soulmates Twist RonReports 02-14-08 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55190 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-08, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Logic."
It is a Big Brother twist.

Therefore, it is stupid.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-13-08, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Logic."
Gah! Where were you at 7am when this was plaguing my brain?

Yes. You are right.

kingfish 16087 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-08, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Soulmates Twist"
LAST EDITED ON 02-13-08 AT 09:45 AM (EST)

What Estee said.

However, that being said, it's a twist on a show with limited possibilities for twists, so it's worth a try.

As to the Why? The forced coupling of people whose profiles indicate that they are compatible, and making them sleep with each other? Alone, with only some cameras that they sorta forget are there?

There's going to be a lot of footage that they will have edit heavily to qualify for prime time TV. And a lot of clips that the camera people and editors will be taking home with them. And a clip population explosion of X-rated clips on U-Tube sites.

This is a little off subject, but I want to see what's between Julie's legs. Aside from my usual interest in such things, there is the burning question, "is it just a blank, Barbie Doll spot, or not?"

My private theory is that that is where the battery recharger cord plugs in. Either that, or that is where the flash memory stick is inserted.

Estee 55190 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-08, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Soulmates Twist"
You're assuming BB is more capable of running a compatibility test than it is of casting a show. I don't think that's a solid assumption -- and I also wouldn't be surprised if they screwed up the tests on purpose, matching people with partners they couldn't stand, then forcing them to stay together for the sake of drama.

As for your edit question: go back to bed. We already did that joke.

kingfish 16087 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-08, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Soulmates Twist"
Point taken, as to the compatibility screening. Which actually has the potential to improve the game.

And as to the Julie Chen thing? (OK, that joke has been done to death too. But it's a good, venerable joke, so just once more, for old time sake. It was the subject of a post that prompted a conversation between a blue peep and me, and the subsequent modification of that particular post. Very properly too, I definitely went over the line that time. But, well.. I get nostalgic.)

Wallflower66 2394 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-13-08, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wallflower66 Click to send private message to Wallflower66 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Soulmates Twist"
My private theory is that that is where the battery recharger cord plugs in. Either that, or that is where the flash memory stick is inserted.

Actually...um...nevermind.

maroonclowns mom 1102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-13-08, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maroonclowns%20mom Click to send private message to maroonclowns%20mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Soulmates Twist"

Yep, what Estee said

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-13-08, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Soulmates Twist"
I got the general impression that the majority of these contestants are quite shallow. Whether they are compatible or not probably won't matter as they are more concerned with each others looks and ability to get some action to figure it all out. Although I too question BB's ability to give an accurate compatibility test as well. I'm sure it's based on superficial qualities (ex. physical preference, same taste in music, shows and movies) than actual qualities that could possibly take these folks somewhere (relationship wise). I also don't see this game as being the place to create many long lasting sparks, especially when these individuals are being forced.

It also stinks that there are two couples who will not or at least I don't think will happen due to the boyfriend/girlfriend playing the game together twist.

The older lady was quite witchy. I think she got overly hopeful when Julie announced the whole soulmates deal. Yes, it stinks that her "soulmate" is a public nose picker that calls her ma, but why take that aspect seriously and concentrate mostly on whether she was teamed up with someone who will benefit her game, not ruin it. Idiot!

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-13-08, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Soulmates Twist"
This twist is not fair to ANYONE. Either all have connections of some sort, or none of them should.

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-13-08, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Soulmates Twist"
I think the bed sharing is over the line....particularly when you have a known couple and you matched them with someone else. Ryan said he had a jealousy problem, are they trying for physical violence this season????

And really....they could't find an attractive 40-something male?????

Wallflower66 2394 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-08, 11:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wallflower66 Click to send private message to Wallflower66 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Soulmates Twist"
And really....they could't find an attractive 40-something male?????

Ain't that the truth?!! I know there are some out there... But to stick one mid-40s woman only with 20-somethings is even more lame!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-08, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Soulmates Twist"
No compatibility test what.so.ever!
Solemates put together for 'entertainment' value. Otherwise, why wait till the last 4 to reveal who Sheila (?) would be paired with.....for the drama.
Tho I think she could have handled it better - and he could have also.

Tribe shakes me

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-13-08, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mia%20rules18 Click to send private message to mia%20rules18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Soulmates Twist"
Yeah, both Sheila and Adam could have handled that situation better, but boy was that entertaining watching her flip out and being so immature and shallow. Oh, the drama! Yeah, your partners in the game/house but nobody is forcing you to marry and start a life together! I knew this soul mate thing would be extremeley cheesy...I am hooked. Already.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-13-08, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Soulmates Twist"
I'm on the fence about the soulmate thing. If it was done seriously with all true singles being matched with true potential soul mates, it could have been a lot of fun to see whether sparks ignite or not.

However, I would HATE the idea of being forced to share a bed with a complete stranger who was a smoker (as I am a non-smoker). That is just cruel and unusual punishment. I do think the 2 40-somethings on the show are about equally nasty (both in personality and looks) and I find it humorous they hate each other.

I feel sorry for the girl with the cheating former ex. Although, it would be pretty cool if they did work things out. 12 years is a long time to have a relationship, though cheating is a rough thing to get past.

I cannot stand that BB gives certain people an unfair advantage over others. The RL boyfriend/girlfriend is just not fair to the strangers in the house. Either everyone should have a RL partner in the house or none of them should have.

I'm keeping an open mind this season, after what became an unwatchable season last summer due to the extreme nastiness & vulgarity that was allowed. As long as there are no ##### wannabes in the house, I will be happy.

And is it just me or did most of the HGs look MUCH BETTER in their photos than they did on T.V.? The cuteness/hotness ratio went way down in my eyes when they were live.

Agman’s Artistry

02-13-08, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Soulmates Twist"
Either everyone should have a RL partner in the house or none of them should have.

It could have made for an interesting season if all the hampsters has a secret partner in the house - and everyone thinking they were the only ones.....

And you are right -- those photos were either glamour shots or retouched - not one of them really looked that great when they went into the house.

Tribe shakes me

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-08, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Soulmates Twist"
It could have made for an interesting season if all the hampsters has a secret partner in the house - and everyone thinking they were the only ones.....

They already did this, 3 seasons back.
I really think they are out of ideas.

02-15-08, 11:16 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Soulmates Twist"
oops! I wasn't watching back then.....

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-08, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Soulmates Twist"
I do think the 2 40-somethings on the show are about equally nasty

Adam is 29. Sheila is the only 40-something.

And is it just me or did most of the HGs look MUCH BETTER in their photos than they did on T.V.? The cuteness/hotness ratio went way down in my eyes when they were live.

Agreed! Natalie was especially a disappointment for me.

02-13-08, 06:11 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Soulmates Twist"
I feel sorry for the girl with the cheating former ex. Although, it would be pretty cool if they did work things out. 12 years is a long time to have a relationship, though cheating is a rough thing to get past.

I kinda do as well. Feel bad for her that is. What made me a little less worried about her was when she said..."He cheated on me with a girl he didn't even know. Didn't even know!"

Well, honey, I hate to break it to you but I can guarantee it would be much worse (and even harder to work through) if the girl was someone he did know. Even worse if you knew her too.
So count your blessings that it was just some "nameless" chick who he didn't care about. The alternative is much worse.

Hallalujah, sister! I've already given up on my crush with Josh. His purse fell out when he opened his mouth and that is sooo not my type.
Natalie is downright creepy looking and did anyone notice Matt's face during the HOH? Talk about bitter and bloated heads.

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-08, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Soulmates Twist"
I
>do think the 2 40-somethings
>on the show are about
>equally nasty (both in personality
>and looks) and I find
>it humorous they hate each
>other.
>

Apparently, I wasn't the only one who thought that Adam looks way older than the alleged 29 years stated in his profile.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-08, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Soulmates Twist"

>I do think the 2 40-somethings
>on the show are about
>equally nasty (both in personality
>and looks) and I find
>it humorous they hate each
>other.

He is 29 she is 46.

cahaya 18901 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-08, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Further Logic"
LAST EDITED ON 02-13-08 AT 03:19 PM (EST)

Given all of the above, particularly with the soulmate twist and paired action - and given all else that will be airing on the calendar - a 6-week show makes a big splash and a quick exit.

Caged by Snidget

(*cannonball splash*)

(eta) From zap2it: FOX increased its lead at 9 p.m. as "Idol" jumped to 17.7/26. "The Biggest Loser" ticked up to 4.9/7 to move NBC ahead of CBS and the premiere of "Big Brother 9," 4.6/7.

02-15-08, 00:24 AM (EST)
25. "Failed Logic"
Actually CBS has already confirmed it'll be a full season.
Linked in bedemoney's post.
(Bet they're wishing they hadn't, now that the ratings have come out.)
So we're gonna have to think outside the box for a solution to the weekly evictions versus couples theme.

Oh and no more of this occam's razor theorizing, cahaya.
With BB it's never the most obvious outcome.
BB follows no known theories, scientific or otherwise.

cahaya 18901 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-08, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Failed Logic"
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-08 AT 00:43 AM (EST)

(*sigh*) I know. And the writers' strike is over on top of it all, so there goes the supposed rationale of this winter/spring edition of BB.

Me? I'd go for the quick 6 or 8, duck the schedule, and make a big splash as a prelude to summer.

But the 24/7 feeds are a money spinner. What can you say.

Ok, it goes three months. What's the over/under on the number of schedule changes we'll see with BB bumping up against AI, BL, and the other BB (*dribble dribble*)...?

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-08, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Soulmates Twist"
Oops! I just posted something about the twist over on Bashers. I'm not liking the couples twist right now. Sharon got screwed because Jacob stirred the pot with Parker without any strategic forethought.

And what was the point of the whole "Power Couples" twist. Why couldn't they just have a regular HOH and nominate two couples. Were the producers that much in a hurry to get rid of one couple. These lame twists are so unnecessary.

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-14-08, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mia%20rules18 Click to send private message to mia%20rules18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Soulmates Twist"
Well I guess we saw last night that the coupling thing is NOT fair...one person's actions totally screwed the other partner last night. If I were Sharon I would be soooo upset with CBS...not only did she get stuck with her ex-boyfriend (who cheated on her) in the house but then she gets paired off with him, and again he messes up and gets them evicted. It's too bad for her, she really got jipped. I guess that now that nominations, and POV are coming into play that will make things a bit more fair for the couples...last night's flat out eviction was just bizarre to me.

RonReports 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-14-08, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RonReports Click to send private message to RonReports Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Soulmates Twist"
Of course when they evict two people at a time and one couple immediately, this will be a much shorter Big Brother than usual. One result is that people who are paying for a live feed will get even less for their money than in previous seasons.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •