The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why I love ED"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-04-07, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why I love ED"
I suspect that many people disagree with me - my wife included - but I think ED could be one of the best BB players ever. Let me try to explain...

(1) He is great entertainment. Nobody can deny this, I'm sure the casting people started drooling when they found him.
(2) He is making the 'twist' fo the season work by aligning with his daughter. Beyond that, they have a great storyline going of two people mending their differences. With this, you see the true ED, not the gameface ED. Translated: ED is a nice person.
(3) He has a strategy. He is someone who has the ability to get in your head with no effort whatsoever. He can pickup on and exploit those things that make you tick. He's effortless at this, and he uses it to his advantage.
(4) He's here to play the game, and not 'have a life experience' or 'make new lifelong friends'.

ED and Danielle have played the game the best. I don't believe ED has a chance to win, but seeing those two as the final two would make this a great season of BB.

geekboy

I love puppies! S. Cowell

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why I love ED Lasann 09-04-07 1
 RE: Why I love ED AyaK 09-04-07 2
   RE: Why I love ED...NOT singmeasong 09-06-07 8
 RE: Why I love ED JoshInSGV 09-04-07 3
   RE: Why I love ED geekboy 09-04-07 4
       RE: Why I love ED Lasann 09-05-07 5
           RE: Why I love ED geekboy 09-05-07 6
               RE: Why I love ED Sues 09-05-07 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-04-07, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Why I love ED"
thank you geekboy.

you stated my feelings very well.

looks for incoming. runs

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

AyaK 10079 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-04-07, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Why I love ED"
Except...

ED would be long gone if not for the America's Player twist. By contrast, Will and Danielle were never seriously threatened in their seasons.

singmeasong 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-06-07, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singmeasong Click to send private message to singmeasong Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Why I love ED...NOT"
Absolutely right. ##### was gone several weeks ago if not for america's (I mean Evil D's) player. Eric could not even vote off who tried to get him evicted due to not being able to vote with his alliance. He sucked it up and went with america by changing alliances (he had no choice). Thus, ED and Dani had an alliance with someone who wanted to get rid of them because he could not vote the way he wanted. America did not have their players back and caused his demise. What a delimna... having to trade in your true alliance (Jessica) because your decision is not yours. No...America probably don't care. Having said that...I like the America's player idea...to bad we did not have his back or BB let him choose who to vote off or the veto of America's choice a few times depending on BB's allowance. It is over now for eric...so best of luck to Jameka and Zach...I still believe if Jessica/Eric come to him first about guaranteeing him safety this week he would have went with them...O wait...America told Eric to target Jameka, so I guess he thought ED and Dani had his back.

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-04-07, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Why I love ED"
>I suspect that many people disagree
>with me - my wife
>included - but I think
>ED could be one of
>the best BB players ever.
> Let me try to
>explain...
>
>(1) He is great entertainment. Nobody
>can deny this, I'm sure
>the casting people started drooling
>when they found him.
>(2) He is making the 'twist'
>fo the season work by
>aligning with his daughter.
>Beyond that, they have a
>great storyline going of two
>people mending their differences.
>With this, you see the
>true ED, not the gameface
>ED. Translated: ED is
>a nice person.
>(3) He has a strategy.
>He is someone who has
>the ability to get in
>your head with no effort
>whatsoever. He can pickup
>on and exploit those things
>that make you tick.
>He's effortless at this, and
>he uses it to his
>advantage.
>(4) He's here to play the
>game, and not 'have a
>life experience' or 'make new
>lifelong friends'.
>
>ED and Danielle have played the
>game the best. I
>don't believe ED has a
>chance to win, but seeing
>those two as the final
>two would make this a
>great season of BB.
>
>geekboy
>
>
>I love puppies!
>S. Cowell

I am going to respectfully disagree.

1. I don't find D!ck entertaining at all. I find his behavior completelly offensive. His tirades against Jen and his homophobic rants against Dustin were hard to watch. He killed the little fun that was left in this season.

2. I think ED and Daniele are the least effective of all the twists this season. The twist was supposed to be about enemies. Above everything else, D!ck and Daniele are family. No matter how dysfunctional their relationship might be, they could never be true enemies. They are allies. The "enemies" twist could have worked better with Jessica/Carol or Dustin/Joe. Unfortunatelly, Carol and Joe got evicted immediatelly. All the producers had left was ED/Dani. Their relationship seems more appropriate for the Secret Partners twist of Season 6 (which they were finalists for) than the enemies twist. It just doesn't work for me.

3. I don't really think ED has any strategy. It seems random and erratic at best. He voted out Nick for stupid paranoid reasons, when Nick actually had his back. He was blindsided by the LNC when they chose to evict Kail over Eric. He has alienated every single player in this game and is probably only playing for second place. His only hope is that he can make the Final 2 with Daniele, so she can win the prize money over him. A good player should be aware and have complete control of the game and/or his alliance. D!ck seems to have brief moments of brilliance and then he throws it all away with his emotional outbursts. Is he a better player than most of the other players? Absolutely. But, that's not saying much.

09-04-07, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Why I love ED"
Yes, we can respectfully disagree.

Yes, he can be VERY offensive, but this is his bizarre strategy and it has worked for him surprisingly well. He was very offensive to Jen, and then for a brief moment, they were aligned.

He has been very offensive to Jameka and early in the game, they had a very brief alliance of some sort.

Kail came to him to talk strategy for awhile.

He had a major outburst at Eric and tried to get him evicted, now he is one of their 4-person alliance.

Its a game, he knows its a game, and this is his strategy. This is not his real personality.

He is one of the few who came in with a true strategy. In fact he is one of the few from ALL seasons who has come in with a strategy. This alone is refreshing to me and makes the show much more fun to watch. What is Jess' strategy? Zach's? Even Eric's?

geekboy

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-05-07, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Why I love ED"
Exactly. Now ED is at his end game and is building relationships with everyone. And everyone is responding. He seems very likeable now. I am one who thinks that, with a different cast (one who admires gameplay) he could win. This group is very emotional and may vote "who they like".

##### and Eric - if Jessica goes this week I think ##### wins
##### and Zach - that's a hard one. No one likes Zach but he carries a little Nick with him.
##### and Jameka - Jameka wins
##### and Jessica - I think this is close to a tie
##### and Danielle - no one really likes either one.

Flashed by Agman.

09-05-07, 03:05 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Why I love ED"
You are correct, ED is working out his endgame right now. What you failed to mention is that the endgame he is working TOWARDS is him and Danielle.

This is another thing that makes me love the guy. He wants to go to the end with Danielle knowing that Danielle will win it.

I agree, with the cast for the season, ED is more than likely not going to win no matter who he is up against. His best chance, i think, is against Zach, but who knows.

The thing is - he doesn't care as long as he can prevent Danielle from getting evicted.

geekboy

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-05-07, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Why I love ED"
hhmmmm...well, I would have to say he is 'good tv'....in a Springer sort of way. I liked him alot more before he became so abusive. It would have tickled me pink to either see someone stick up for Jen or see someone treat his self absorbed anorexic twit offspring with the same 'game' he showed Jen, Kail & Jameka.

But alas the house is full of pansies boys

Out of the house? Hopefully he takes a bath and cleans up his act. Oh, and if I'm Jen's Dad or brother or friend? Dark alley...lots of pain....

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •