The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"America's Player - ERIC"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

travelr12123 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-03-07, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail travelr12123 Click to send private message to travelr12123 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"America's Player - ERIC"
Why does Eric have to vote the way that America says? Why is he not allowed to use his discretion? It was funny that everyone thought Nick voted for Kail, but now it is getting Eric in hot water that everyone thinks he is in an alliance that he isn't. If he had been allowed to make the best decision for his "alliance" it would have been better for him. What does anyone else think or know about this?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: America's Player - ERIC Glass 08-03-07 1
 RE: America's Player - ERIC vince3 08-03-07 2
 RE: America's Player - ERIC AZ_Leo 08-03-07 3
   RE: America's Player - ERIC vince3 08-03-07 4
       RE: America's Player - ERIC Shannonh2007 08-12-07 17
           RE: America's Player - ERIC Estee 08-15-07 21
           RE: America's Player - ERIC shanshan2007 08-15-07 27
 RE: America's Player - ERIC ulalame 08-03-07 5
   RE: America's Player - ERIC travelr12123 08-03-07 6
       RE: America's Player - ERIC ulalame 08-03-07 7
           RE: America's Player - ERIC fedcamper 08-04-07 9
               RE: America's Player - ERIC AZ_Leo 08-04-07 10
                   RE: America's Player - ERIC nailbone 08-10-07 15
 Moved from Spoilers Bebo 08-03-07 8
 RE: America's Player - ERIC kornut 08-04-07 11
   RE: America's Player - ERIC travelr12123 08-05-07 12
       RE: America's Player - ERIC charli_baltimoreny 08-06-07 13
       RE: America's Player - ERIC catsnotkids 08-10-07 14
           RE: America's Player - ERIC nailbone 08-10-07 16
 RE: America's Player - ERIC Aruba 08-14-07 18
   RE: America's Player - ERIC nailbone 08-14-07 19
       RE: America's Player - ERIC Corvis 08-15-07 20
           RE: America's Player - ERIC Buggy 08-15-07 22
               RE: America's Player - ERIC nailbone 08-15-07 23
               RE: America's Player - ERIC vince3 08-15-07 25
 RE: America's Player - ERIC cambo 08-15-07 24
 RE: America's Player - ERIC LunaLovegood 08-15-07 26
   RE: America's Player - ERIC Buggy 08-16-07 28
 RE: America's Player - ERIC Shulman 08-16-07 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glass 381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-03-07, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glass Click to send private message to Glass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
I don't know, but I'd be pretty scared of winning HOH if I thought my nominations might be pre-determined.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-03-07, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
Every 5 tasks that he completes for America, he gets $10K.

They've been giving him the vote envelope for the live votes early so he can try to influence the house to vote his/America's way.

I think he's forced to vote America's way because they figure the (however many) pollsters outnumber his one, and it might be part of his America's Player contract that he must attempt to carry out each and every one of the vote results OR ELSE!

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-03-07, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
It's what he signed on for when he agreed. He's getting paid extra, he should have to work a little extra.

Also, any one not believe that the producers are giving him hints and help during his DR sessions as well as asking leading questions to deflect suspicion from him in everyone else's? Or that if he does get nominated, the producers will somehow get him an advantage in the POV competition without necessarily rigging the win for him. BB wants him around, they will help keep him around within the limited rules they may actually have.

08-03-07, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
You mean like, if they heard a rumor of a "backdoor" plan for Eric, they'd try to make sure he actually plays in the PoV Competition, and "suggest" to him it'd be in his best interest to actually try to win the PoV instead of tanking? Nah, couldn't be.......

Shannonh2007 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-12-07, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shannonh2007 Click to send private message to Shannonh2007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
How live is live? Eric, if he felt he was being wronged, could out CBS on the live show. I would love to see a player with the balls to make the live show interesting.

Estee 55190 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-07, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
Five-to-seven-second Janet Jackson Memorial Tape Delay. It's more than enough time for someone at the controls to hit the Blue Swirlie button and take the entire network off the air for as long as they need for the sedatives to kick in.

shanshan2007 51 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-07, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanshan2007 Click to send private message to shanshan2007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
How could they make sure he played in POV? They pull names out of a bag.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-03-07, 06:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
I think it just highlights what a poor player Eric is -- he should have known that America would want Kail out again, and worked his butt off to get his alliance to go that way -- that would have been the right play for Eric, knowing that as America's player he is obligated to go with the public's choice.

If Eric wants to have ANY chance of winning this game, he's going to have to stop flying under the radar and actually try to influence the game. Otherwise he will continue to be exposed for being out-of-sync with his alliance when America tells him to do things differently than the LNC wants.

It might be a handicapp being America's Player, but that's what he signed up for. If he truly were a good player/manipulator, he'd be doing better with the whole thing.

08-03-07, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail travelr12123 Click to send private message to travelr12123 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
You said it ULALAME - that is exactly my pt - america keeps making him be out of synch - that is the problem with when america votes - they don't have the up to the minute info that he has from being inside - of course they have the rest of the puzzle, but yeah - he can't be under the radar and vote all wacky.

What does LNC stand for?

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-03-07, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
LNC = "late night crew," which is what they are calling Eric's alliance (Amber, Jessica, Dustin, Eric and Jameka).

As for the America's vote, half of the house wanted Nick to stay, but were too timid/intimidated to vote to keep him. Eric didn't have to ally with the LNC, he could have allied with the others who appear to be more in line which what America is telling him to do. I agree it puts him in a difficult position, but that was the role he chose to play this season.

fedcamper 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-04-07, 06:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fedcamper Click to send private message to fedcamper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
I talked about this in another thread, but does he HAVE to vote America's way if he thinks it's against his better interests? I am under the impression that going along with America's directives is optional, but if he does he gets the extra cash.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-04-07, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
Since they never aske him how he is voting when he comes in the DR it seems that this isn't optional. Each time Julie just does what passes for chit chat for her.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-07, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
Acording to CBS, Eric is required to at least give an effort to completing the tasks, and MUST vote the way America tells him.

New sig courtesy of Agman!

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-07, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Moved from Spoilers"
Since there is no live feed/spoiler information in this thread, I've moved it to Fanatics.

kornut 5 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-07, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kornut Click to send private message to kornut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
I don't like this "twist", Eric by all accounts lies (now) more then anyone. I bet it's eating him up inside, and with the banner it really put a heavy burden of lying to the others.I am curious,,,if Eric ever gets kicked out this week, will Julie tell the remaining quest or will BB allow the miss guided hate and pointing of false fingers to continue? This is the worst year ever for BB. I truely feel that the magic is now gone.

08-05-07, 04:07 PM (EST)
12. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
What makes no sense to me is that by not being able to use his knowlege of how the house is voting to make a discretionary deciscion to go with how the house is voting it has left him completely open to speculation and open to be voted off for the lies. He should have been able to make the best choice each time cause his time in the house is now shortlived based on no one being able to understand the way he votes. It has hurt him in the game.

charli_baltimoreny 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-06-07, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail charli_baltimoreny Click to send private message to charli_baltimoreny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
I agree travelr12123.....it's unfortunate...America is being a lil' too predictable at this point...besides the House never follows thru with getting Kail or Jen out so let's move on...outside of his tasks...I think he's a great game player...and I do believe the game is rigged for him not to be evicted yet..what else would the twist be?

catsnotkids 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-10-07, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail catsnotkids Click to send private message to catsnotkids Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
ITA. It doesn't make sense that he cannot vote the way he wants to vote. I understand he won't get the reward $ if the vote doesn't go the way America has told him it should go, but he is missing a key element of game strategy when he cannot control his OWN vote!

08-10-07, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
But that's part of what he agreed to as America's Player. It takes all his skills, which he obviously has, NOT to get voted out. It just means he has to use a different strategy than he would otherwise.

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-14-07, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
Contrary to what many have posted, I personally think Eric has done a pretty admirable job as "America's Player". I admit he has made some blunders along the way, but I suspect it's not an easy task to pull of what he's been doing. Certainly it's not his fault that some of the tasks are downright stupid. Actually I would like to see them do away with the tasks, although I like the fact that America gets a vote.

Let me put it this way...I can't imagine any of the other do-do's in that House even remotely being able to be the America's Player that Eric has been.

What is really interesting, is if BB continues with the seven person jury, America will get a vote for the winner this season. It would be neat to have a 3-3 tie and AmERICa cast the final and deciding vote.

08-14-07, 10:24 PM (EST)
19. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
I agree, he's doing a pretty good job. The tasks are stupid, and it seems like "America" has decided to screw him in every way possible, and he has managed to pull it off each time to at least some degree.

Corvis 3115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-15-07, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
Does anyone know how many tasks he's completed? How much money has he earned?

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-07, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
I just watched Monday's episode of Housecalls, as of Monday, he'd completed 11 tasks. So $20K is his winnings so far.

Also, and I found this interesting, but they said that he does NOT have to do what America says, he can choose not to do the task. Which I found strange since as far as the vote goes, he isn't even asked what his vote is, America is just given his vote.
Not that Housecalls hasn't been wrong before.

08-15-07, 11:41 AM (EST)
23. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
The link I cited in #15 above has CBS saying that he DOES have to do what "we" tell him to.

08-15-07, 12:07 PM (EST)
25. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
My guess is that they were counting the catchphrase as a success for some reason........ and already counting the (just shown last night) success of the Silent Treatment and the Dusin on the rebound Nonimation................

cambo 286 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-15-07, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cambo Click to send private message to cambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-07 AT 12:07 PM (EST)

I don't think it's fair for people to criticize Eric for lying when he's being forced to make decisions that aren't his own.

He seems like he'd be a strong player if he were able to do his own thing. They should've used some worthless pawn as America's Player.

LunaLovegood 5 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-07, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LunaLovegood Click to send private message to LunaLovegood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
I think Eric has gotten himself into the predicament he is in. He knew he was going into the house as America's Player, yet right off the bat he started making his own decisions (and declarations) of who he liked and didn't like. It was as if he completely spaced the fact that maybe America would not agree with his choice of who should stay and who should go and therefore he had to backtrack several times. A great example is that he started campaigning almost from the beginning to get Nick out and then when he was forced to vote for Kail be/c that was what America wanted, it blew up in his face. He should've realized that his personal opinions do not matter in this game as he came in as America's Player by his own choice. He should've sat back and played it a little cooler and I believe he would not be in the spot that he is in now, IMHO.

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-07, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
I think you have a very good point.
I think the problem for Eric was how CBS sold him on the concept. Eric seemed to think that America was playing WITH him.
That we would be working for him, and never against him.
From the beginning I knew that America had better really like Eric and his alliance or he was screwed.

Shulman 96 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-07, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Shulman Click to send private message to Shulman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: America's Player - ERIC"
Eric will get paid $2000 for each time he accomplishes a completed task successfully. When he fails, he doesn't get paid. Makes sense!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •