The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"No more fly-overs?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-06-07, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"No more fly-overs?"
TMZ's top story right now is about the pilot who was planning another banner message. Glad they took care of that.

http://www.tmz.com/

Here's the article:

UPDATE: To be absolutely clear, the banner that appeared on last night's show was NOT pulled by Jerry.

The producers of the CBS reality show "Big Brother" have grounded a pilot they say planned on ruining the show.

Lawyers for Endemol USA Inc. sent a cease and desist letter to Jerry Hider of Blue Yonder Air, to stop him from flying his plane over the "Big Brother" house. According to Endemol, Hider was planning a flyover carrying a message that told the other players in the house that Eric is "America's Player" -- essentially ruining part of the game.

Endemol alleges that by doing this, Hider's proposed actions would violate a "tort of intentional interference of an advantageous business relationship" -- or, in layman's terms, "Dude, don't ruin the game!"

Hider alleges that he's not trying to ruin the game, and that he was simply paid to do a job. The peeved pilot wouldn't release the name of the person who has been hiring him to make "Big Brother"-related runs, but said that up until now he, CBS and Endemol enjoyed "a symbiotic relationship." In 2001, Endemol even produced a story about the banner operation.

In a statement to TMZ, CBS says: "It's always great to have fans that are this engaged and passionate about 'Big Brother.' However, we also need to protect the integrity of the competition, which does not allow any outside influence on the houseguests who are sequestered from the public broadcast and therefore unaware of some of the secret twists in the show."

Is Hider going to try to fight Endemol and CBS? Not likely. He told us "If I had a bunch of attorneys I would fight this, but it's not worth my time."

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: No more fly-overs? Glass 08-06-07 1
   RE: No more fly-overs? agman 08-07-07 5
 RE: No more fly-overs? Aruba 08-07-07 2
   RE: No more fly-overs? kingfish 08-07-07 3
       RE: No more fly-overs? joannie 08-07-07 4
           RE: No more fly-overs? kingfish 08-07-07 6
           RE: No more fly-overs? Glass 08-07-07 7
       RE: No more fly-overs? Aruba 08-09-07 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glass 381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-06-07, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glass Click to send private message to Glass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: No more fly-overs?"
LOL, "Not worth my time" is right...

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-07-07, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: No more fly-overs?"
I agree, I think the whole thing is stupid. Not worth anyone's time!!!

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-07-07, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: No more fly-overs?"
CBS could stop the fly-overs of they really wanted to. Every HG probably signs a gazillion forms, waivers and releases before they enter the House. What's another form to state they forfeit all stipends, prizes and any association with BB for life if they decide to be a sorry-a$$ sore loser like Nick or the other crybabies before him that uses the fly-over to seek vengence (and possibly ruin the game).

OH wait a minute..that means the producers would have to actually make a smart decison. OPPS...sorry...my bad.

kingfish 16087 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-07, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: No more fly-overs?"
Well, maybe, if the flyover was instigated by a former hamster.

But chances are that it wasn't, it could very well have been instigated by just a regular citizen wannabe celeb, a buttinski idiot. There are a lot of them out there.

The producers are going to run into logistics problems getting the entire viewing audience to sign those forms.

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-07, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: No more fly-overs?"
>Well, maybe, if the flyover was
>instigated by a former hamster.

I heard a rumor on Jokers that at least one of the banner planes was sent by Janelle. There is that Nick/Minnesota connection. I wonder if they know eachother?

I also wouldn't put it past troublemakers like Will and Mike Boogie to stir things up with a banner plane, and stir things up, IT HAS! Maybe they also want to tip off Jen (rumored CT player).

kingfish 16087 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-07, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: No more fly-overs?"
That could be true too.

But their contracts with CBS are over, at least as far as their BB seasons go. The chances that they would be invited back for a third time is remote, I'm sure, so the forms/contracts idea is still a non-starter.

Glass 381 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-07, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glass Click to send private message to Glass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: No more fly-overs?"
As if Will and Boogie don't have better things to do.

That's the difference between this breed of Hamsters and HG's past... Will and Boogie were successful for a reason. They're much more developed human beings and much smarter than these twits. They're both business owners and Will's a successful dermatologist/cosmetic surgeon (with his own practice, no?). And they're not big fish in a small pond like Kail either.

No, I definitely think Will and Boogie are definitely too busy for nonsense like this. Besides, Will's banner would have said "You guys are definitely not as smart as Chilltown."

If any former HG's are involved it would have to be an idiot like a Howie. I actually wouldn't be surprised.

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-09-07, 05:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: No more fly-overs?"
I have to agree with the other posters and say it probably was NOT instigated by a former hamster. If it ONLY mentioned Eric and Amber as liars...maybe. But the "love Nick" nonsense leads to a reasonalbe assumption that there was a Nick connection. Boo-Hoo...Sore Loser!

If CBS really wanted to get to he bottom of it, they could find out.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •