The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"americas player"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

oasisfan1994 410 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-04-07, 01:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail oasisfan1994 Click to send private message to oasisfan1994 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"americas player"
what do you all think of the american player portion of BB8?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Americas player whoami 07-04-07 1
 RE: americas player foonermints 07-04-07 2
   RE: americas player JD8 07-04-07 3
 RE: americas player Colonel Zoidberg 07-05-07 4
 RE: americas player JoshInSGV 07-05-07 5
 RE: americas player FishWoman 07-05-07 6
   RE: americas player Sues 07-05-07 7
       RE: americas player aquariaqueen 07-09-07 17
 RE: americas player bridgesam 07-05-07 8
   RE: americas player keck411 07-05-07 9
       RE: americas player nazpink 07-05-07 10
 RE: americas player Colonel Zoidberg 07-06-07 11
 For starters... Estee 07-06-07 12
   RE: For starters... Sues 07-06-07 13
       RE: For starters... Wacko Jacko 07-07-07 14
           RE: For starters... keck411 07-07-07 15
       RE: For starters... Estee 07-07-07 16
           RE: For starters... aquariaqueen 07-09-07 18
               RE: For starters... Snidget 07-09-07 19
                   RE: For starters... aquariaqueen 07-09-07 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-04-07, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Americas player"
That could make it interesting depending on what CBS will let us vote on for ("him"? or "her"?) to do.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

foonermints 12299 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-04-07, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: americas player"
If it truly is "America's Player" the first thing it has to do is strangle the Chenbot. *wipes bodyglitter off hands*

Evil hampsterbox of horror.

JD8 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-04-07, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JD8 Click to send private message to JD8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: americas player"
I think this portion will be good as long as they don't get the boot right away they should pick someone very charasmatic like Dr. Wil who can do crazy and cruel things and get away with it. Cause you know America is going to have them do some weird stuff.

Colonel Zoidberg 3643 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-05-07, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: americas player"
Honestly...this is the worst idea I've seen since having that pair of twins switching back and forth in the house. It's completely unfair, and it won't be the least bit entertaining. All it will do is to showcase just how stupid a large segment of the viewing audience can become when given power.

Once I find out who this player is, I will pray that they get evicted ASAP and that someone else doesn't become that player.

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-05-07, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: americas player"
I'm kinda torn about this whole America's Player twist. This could have been a total success on the hands of a charismatic player like Janelle, Will or Kaysar from season's past. But it can be a total disaster on the hands of annoying players. Based on how previous elements of the game have failed miserably (Project DNA, Coup d'etat, etc), I would assume that this will meet the same embarrassing demise.

FishWoman 1510 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-05-07, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FishWoman Click to send private message to FishWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: americas player"
LAST EDITED ON 07-05-07 AT 03:42 PM (EST)

Remember last season when "America" got to record wake up messages? America has way too much time on its hands! If CBS really wants us to get involved, bring back the public voting of season one.

I just see this turning into some horrible Jack@ss-esque version of "Simon Says."

ETF: filtered words

a J.Slice of summer

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-07, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: americas player"
I agree....if 'America' has them brushing their hair with a toothbrush it won't be too much fun....it would be slightly cooler if 'we' could give said housemate inside info and tell them how to deal with it...hehehehehehe.....

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-09-07, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: americas player"
....it would be slightly cooler
>if 'we' could give said
>housemate inside info and tell
>them how to deal with
>it...hehehehehehe.....

That would be great.....expose to him a secret alliance, or something huge.

However, would it be fair if he actually ended up winning?

bridgesam 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-05-07, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bridgesam Click to send private message to bridgesam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: americas player"
OK. So Eric is America's Player. But.....with us telling Eric what to do...arent we going to be giving clues to him what's really going on in the house, event that he may not be aware of???? And won't this be apparent to the other houseguests when they see a houseguest acting erradictly?? (i.e. "gee he was my friend last week and yesterday he spit in my spaghetti" ) Im sure that CBS will not give us full reins to the actions that we can make Eric do. Im sure they will give a multiple choice. (Which sucks.) Gimme a week or two and ill tell ya whats right and wrong with this option.

keck411 4 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-07, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail keck411 Click to send private message to keck411 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: americas player"
It will defiantly be multiple choice,but could still be interesting. I predict a lot of 'who should Eric flirt with' or 'go on a romantic date with'. Definitely many girls to choose from.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-05-07, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: americas player"
The America's player decision is still up in the air for me. At one end, it could be positive for viewers and the contestant but could also make for some negative aspects of that players game.

1. The "America's Player" could be at an unfair advantage. Whatever the viewers want them to do could be a clue to that person on the unseen actions taken place in the game.

2. There will be those viewers out there who will make decisions based on popularity opposed to who is deserving to stay in the game or more entertaining.

3. Haters of Big Brother will take full advantage of this opportunity to simply screw up the show (look at American Idol and the Vote for the Worse website).

Colonel Zoidberg 3643 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-06-07, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: americas player"
Somehow I think the America's Player thing would go in a bit more amusing a manner if they added a 15th player...

...who probably will go the entire season without revealing his/her/its gender.

Estee 55190 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-07, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "For starters..."
...I think he took it pretty well. Most of the group in that cage would have immediately started whining about how unfair it was to have their actions partially controlled. He looks like he's willing to have fun with it. Or did by the fortieth take.

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-07, 08:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: For starters..."
Let's not forget, for every five 'tasks' he completes he gets $$$$. I want to say 10k, but I'm not sure..brain ain't what it used to be....

Considering only one can win...those odds are far better....not to mention squeezing all the '15 minutes of fame' he can out of it....

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-07-07, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: For starters..."
I like the idea. I think they will use it properly. They should ask questions like should Eric throw the HoH competition. Who should Eric evict. I think the flirting thing is a little too much though. In order to flirt you really gotta car unless this guy is a 'Will' which I doubt....but even then when Will flirted with Janelle I think done inside he kinda liked her....it has to be mutual. Just keep it to game things and I think this is a very good idea.

keck411 4 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-07, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail keck411 Click to send private message to keck411 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: For starters..."
It will sure be fun to watch, and participate in!
But seriously,whats up with all the 20 year old girls in the house.
Only one african american, and "evil #####" is the oldest person?

Estee 55190 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-07, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: For starters..."
It was $10,000 per five tasks. What they're not saying is how many tasks Eric will have to attempt per week. If it's one and only one every time, then he has to get close to winning just to pick up an extra 20k. Given BB's notorious cheapness, an ultra-slow pace wouldn't surprise me -- but I'd like to think we'll see two challenges per cycle.

07-09-07, 08:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: For starters..."
I wonder how many people they predict will spend $0.99 on a call. I wonder if it will cover the expense of decorating the lockbox or cover the $500k or both????

Not too sure if I plan on making any calls....unless it's just a full blown excellent poll.

Snidget 43860 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-07, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: For starters..."
You can vote at the SeeBS website for free.

Summertribe and the living is easy!

07-09-07, 09:27 AM (EST)
20. "RE: For starters..."
Thanks....

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •