The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Big Brother Questionnaire."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

SillySchoolgirlSusy 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-13-06, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Big Brother Questionnaire."
Hey. I'm doing a Big Brother project for school and I'd really appreciate if some of you hardcore fans could participate in a short questionnaire for my work. I need your name and age (you can give me a fake name but I'd prefer a real age, because I need people of all ages).
Okay, here we go...

How did you find out about Big Brother and what got you hooked?

What do you know about who makes it and how?

Apart from watching the show what do you do involving BB? (Sorry for bad phrasing, means do you visit the website/read magazines etc).

Do you vote, if so, how? (eg by text, phone, red button).

Sorry for pestering you guys but you'd be helping me so much by giving me some answers. Please, I'm begging you on hands and knees! <3
Love, Su

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Big Brother Questionnaire. Savahnna 07-13-06 1
 RE: Big Brother Questionnaire. chappi66 07-13-06 2
 RE: Big Brother Questionnaire. Iam_Xtreme 07-13-06 3
   RE: Big Brother Questionnaire. oasisfan1994 07-14-06 4
 RE: Big Brother Questionnaire. Rebel Crown 07-14-06 5
 RE: Big Brother Questionnaire. LIVEURBESTLIFE 07-14-06 6
 RE: Big Brother Questionnaire. shantheWOman 07-14-06 7
 RE: Big Brother Questionnaire. whoami 07-14-06 8
   RE: Big Brother Questionnaire. Former CBSer 07-17-06 10
 RE: Big Brother Questionnaire. bighi 07-14-06 9
 RE: Big Brother Questionnaire. CSHS79 07-17-06 11
 RE: Big Brother Questionnaire. kary1371 07-17-06 12
 RE: Big Brother Questionnaire. jeffr 07-17-06 13
 RE: Big Brother Questionnaire. Aruba 07-17-06 14
 RE: Big Brother Questionnaire. qwertypie 07-17-06 15
 RE: Big Brother Questionnaire. cherokee44 07-17-06 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-13-06, 04:56 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Big Brother Questionnaire."
????!!!!!

I've seen a questionaire like this pop up just about every season on other Big Brother Boards....I know....your teacher made you do it. wink. I'll play.

How did you find out about Big Brother and what got you hooked

Forget how I started wth it but I was hooked by BB1 and the concept of ppl from very different walks cohabitating for a reasonably long period of time without outside contact.

Nothing. I've "heard" they apply online on the BBWebsite

Apart from watching the show what do you do involving BB? (Sorry for bad phrasing, means do you visit the website/read magazines etc).

This. BB Message boards. My own small circle of family and friends are not into BB.

No

chappi66 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-13-06, 05:08 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Big Brother Questionnaire."
I'll give you info dear

I have been watching from the very first show. After Survivor, I got hooked on this.

I believe it is the same people that do the Survivor Series but I am not sure

The Message Board and BB Website - Talk with my co-workers and friends who watch the show. We talke about who we want to have voted off etc.

No

Iam_Xtreme 158 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-06, 11:11 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Big Brother Questionnaire."
LAST EDITED ON 07-13-06 AT 11:13 PM (EST)

My husband was watching the 2nd show of last season so I watched it with him. The live feed posters really got me hooked on the show. Their posts reflect the real players not the edited version.

From what I have read the people apply online and send in a video tape, then they are ran through a series of test (to ensure that they can handle the environment - mentally) and then they pick the players.

I read the BB site and the message boards, I especially love reading the live feed posts because it helps to really know what goes on in the house. My husband no longer watches the show and I do not discuss the show with anyone. So thanks to all the posters.

No

Signature Created By: tribephyl

oasisfan1994 410 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-14-06, 01:16 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Big Brother Questionnaire."

I watched season 1 from the beginning and liked it and just became a freak for the show ever since. I read the book 1984 in high school about "Big Brother" that made me watch it in the first place.

If your talking the application process all i know is they want people from different races, sex, sexual orientation and backgrounds

Apart from watching the show what do you do involving BB?
I watch the live feeds postings and join in on the soap section of BBastards in the BAshers forum

I am a cheater who uses voting generators to do my voting for me

i am 30 yrs old ( how scary is that)

HA HA HA Im in the HOUSE!!!! LET THE MEN GET NAKED!!!

Rebel Crown 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-14-06, 02:20 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Big Brother Questionnaire."
I'll help you out, too, and answer your questions.

Don't remember how I heard about it (probably a TV commercial). But I've seen it from the beginning. Thought at first it would be somewhat based on the book "1984". I liked the psychology of it all; how to balance the paranoia and friendships, how the house evolves over time, etc.

Nada

I read the transcripts and discussions at Jokers and TVClubhouse, discuss it only here at RTVW.

Do you vote, if so, how?

Yes, voted online and by phone.

My name is Rebel Crown and I'm 48

LIVEURBESTLIFE 302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-14-06, 07:50 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Big Brother Questionnaire."
Here goes:

I remember seeing all the promo's for the first season. That was also the season where one of the contestants cleaned the toilet with another contestants toothbrush. Then another contestant supposedly assaulted or tried assault another player. All the publicity around these two events got me interested. Plus, it is alot like Survivor which is another show I like watching. I started watching BB in season 2 and have been watching ever since.

Nothing.

Read the message boards here. Occassionally, I respond.

No.

shantheWOman 133 desperate attention whore postings

07-14-06, 10:12 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Big Brother Questionnaire."
"How did you find out about Big Brother and what got you hooked?"

Stumbled upon it accidentally. MAN!!! I wish I could see the 1st and 2nd seasons again. ARG!!!!!!!!!!!! I got hooked because of the scheming and coniving. LOVE it : )

"What do you know about who makes it and how?"

Don't know, don't care.

"Apart from watching the show what do you do involving BB? (Sorry for bad phrasing, means do you visit the website/read magazines etc)."

Not much else but come here.

"Do you vote, if so, how? (eg by text, phone, red button)."

If there is a voting opportunity I don't bother. If I did it would be by internet.

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-14-06, 10:28 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Big Brother Questionnaire."

I seen the ads. on tv about the show and thought it might be interesting and have some relation to the book 1984. Survivor was not on at that time. I have been watching from the first season.

Just that you have to apply and be accepted by the powers that be at CBS.

I come to this message board and play in the games here and read the post. I go to the CBS web sight and read some of what is posted there. If they have any games I try to play them also.

So far only the voting that CBS has on there web sight.

Former CBSer 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-17-06, 12:42 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Big Brother Questionnaire."

I was working for CBS when the first Big Brother was announced and I tuned in. Later I actually visited the first big brother house which was a series of 16 house trailers rented from GE Capital. This was in my capacity as Tax Mgr for CBS and when the LA County Assessor wanted to view the house as part of a reassessment. I think they really wanted to poke around and say they had visited the house as they had me take their picture on the old porch.

Same a prior answers. CBS goes around the country looking for likely participants to interview. It is actually I believe Endemol who runs everything but it is videotaped at CBS Studio Center on Radford Avenue in Studio City, CA.

I just watch the show occasionally and I don't vote as I believe the voting is only handled by the participants in the house. I do however post to the message boards on occasion as to who I hope will be voted off. Some of the participants are real jerks and this is their fifteen minutes in the sun.

bighi 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-14-06, 10:37 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Big Brother Questionnaire."
- I've been watching since the first summer and just liked it because nothing else was on during the summer and I was a fan of Eddie - the eventual winner of the 1st season.

- I don't know

- nothing

- I vote if its something online. If it's text, then I don't

CSHS79 908 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-17-06, 01:51 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Big Brother Questionnaire."
Hey. I'm doing a Big Brother project for school and I'd really appreciate if some of you hardcore fans could participate in a short questionnaire for my work. I need your name and age (you can give me a fake name but I'd prefer a real age, because I need people of all ages). Maureen, 45, Massachusetts

I discovered BB by the television promos and I love checking out the new crop of hot guys every year plus the "showmances"

What do you know about who makes it and how? Only what I read on CBS website

(Sorry for bad phrasing, means do you visit the website/read
magazines etc). website, message boards and tabloids

I only vote when you can do it online(no cell phone)

kary1371 631 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-17-06, 04:03 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Big Brother Questionnaire."
I need your name and age :35

Started watching during the first season because there was nothing on, then started watching about mid-July Season 2, have been hooked since then.

I think Endemol?

Boards, live feeds.

Yes only online though.

jeffr 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-17-06, 04:29 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Big Brother Questionnaire."
I need your name and age : pretty sad but it is good tv (33yo)

After liking survivor I decided to give it a chance plus the 84 book.

Big brother website - I think they cast for a certain type of charactor - none of them alike

Boards

Yes only online

Aruba 3400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-17-06, 06:32 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Big Brother Questionnaire."

>How did you find out about Big Brother and what got you hooked?

I've watched since the beginning. I'm a die-hard Survivor fan and found out about BB from promos while watching Survivor. I wouldn't say I'm "hooked" since I don't religiously watch every episode because it's on 3X a week and during the summer. But I am addicted to anything that's competition on TV even though the challenges on BB are lame compared to Survivor.

>What do you know about who makes it and how?

Actually I can help you out on this one. You submit a two minute tape with two photos (face and clothed body). Personally I participated in the Regional selection process in New York City for BB6. There were 120 people present. They got us all in a room and told us to "be yourselves". They said that soccermoms will not be competing against 19 year old wannabe models, and middle aged guys are not competing against 20 year olds who spend three hours a day in the gym. Each of us had 5 minutes of "fame" being interviewed by a man working the camera and a man and woman to the side taking notes. Being over 40, I was surprised to see that about 1/3 of those present were probably over 40 like myself. For those who watched BB6, not a single solitary HG was over 40...so go figure???

>Apart from watching the show what do you do involving BB?(Sorry for bad phrasing, means do you visit the website/read magazines etc).

This message board and CBS website.

>Do you vote, if so, how? (eg by text, phone, red button).

Only vote on CBS webite. No cell phone text message. I'm a democratic type of guy that believes it should only be one person; one vote.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-17-06, 09:31 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Big Brother Questionnaire."
First time I have been accused of being 'hard core' (giggle)
Name: Qwertypie will do, a very young looking (and immature) 37
a) Saw the ads, thought it had to do with George Orwell's 1984. I really loved the human personalities and dyanmics of their interactions (liked season 1 better as there were more 'real' people, rather than people trying to jump start their modelling/acting career)
b) I know a little about how it is made. I know that many of the contestants don't audition but are approached by BB to play
c) I just go here, sometimes go to the official site if I am trying to answer some trivia
d) And no, I don't vote.

Yes It's Vintage Tribephyl!

cherokee44 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-17-06, 10:59 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Big Brother Questionnaire."
1) I discovered BB the summer after I moved out on my own, and it's the sorry truth that you watch too much tv when you live by yourself.

2) I don't know anything about what goes into making BB. That doesn't interest me.

3) I love checking out the message boards. I think following it online is half the fun. You learn how BB angles the show towards what they want people to see. I like the semi-truthfulness of the live feeds although I don't pay to watch.

4) I love to vote and I do it online.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •