The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The dark girl."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-10-10, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The dark girl."
If you've caught small glimpses of Siobhan Magnus' tattoo (upper right arm) and weren't sure what it was, she's walking around with an Edward Gorey tribute on her skin. It's the cover image from The Gashlycrumb Tinies.

Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/ybb49eh

It's an alphabet book in which each letter is represented by the name of a child. A child who dies a horrible death. In rhyme.

...okay, I'm in.

If you can't respect a Gorey fan, who can you respect?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The dark girl. Snidget 03-10-10 1
   RE: The dark girl. Estee 03-10-10 2
       RE: The dark girl. Snidget 03-10-10 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-10, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The dark girl."
Who knew you were that easy?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-10, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The dark girl."
You'd think the profession would have been more of a hint. Just being a Gorey fan -- and it's likely that she is instead of just pulling the image from a catalog: he's from her area -- makes her one of the most unusual people AI's ever had. Throw in her singing ability, several dumpsterloads of quirks, plus the fact that no marketing department will have any idea what to do with her, and it's pretty much a sale before the price tag ever comes out.

This isn't Hollywood Different, where one eyelash is allowed to have a stray purple tone. This is Real American Different, and that's a lot harder to find on television. Anywhere. At lesat without psychosis attached.

Also, it sounds as if she's Wiccan. Screaming evangelicals are always a bonus.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-10, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The dark girl."
Her quirk does come off as authentically just a bit weird. Add the bit of a dark streak to it and I really do find her to be someone I think I really could like a lot.

I can see why Simon has such a problem with her. She isn't a clearly definable member of one of the officially sanctioned quirks and I really think what we hear from him is the marketer's inability to figure out what they will do with her.

I also like that she doesn't seem to need to bash people over the head with the "I'm quirky" thing like you so often see.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •