The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I can see hear clearly now..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-09-09, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I can see hear clearly now..."
...the pain is gone!

Everybody wave goodbye to Scott! (Don't worry about the lack of visuals: if enough of us do it, he'll feel the breeze.)

Like you haven't been saving these up for months.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I can see hear clearly n... grit 04-09-09 1
   RE: I can see hear clearly n... agman 04-09-09 2
       RE: I can see hear clearly n... grit 04-09-09 3
           RE: I can see hear clearly n... Estee 04-09-09 4
           RE: I can see hear clearly n... Belle Book 04-09-09 11
   RE: I can see hear clearly n... mtb002 04-09-09 7
       RE: I can see hear clearly n... grit 04-09-09 10
           RE: I can see hear clearly n... Ricky 04-09-09 12
 RE: I can see hear clearly n... mhdallas 04-09-09 5
   RE: I can see hear clearly n... Estee 04-09-09 6
       RE: I can see hear clearly n... greenmonstah 04-09-09 9
       RE: I can see hear clearly n... mhdallas 04-10-09 14
           RE: I can see hear clearly n... nailbone 04-10-09 15
               RE: I can see hear clearly n... Belle Book 04-10-09 16
           WARNING - mhdallas Bebo 04-10-09 17
 It's a positive! Estee 04-09-09 8
   RE: It's a positive! Quepea 04-11-09 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-09-09, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I can see hear clearly now..."
Scott looked really surprised he was voted out.

I guess he didn't see it coming.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-09, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I can see hear clearly now..."

>I guess he didn't see it
>coming.

*groan*

crabbing with Fooner

04-09-09, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I can see hear clearly now..."
You might even say he was blindsided...

04-09-09, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I can see hear clearly now..."
If so, it's the first one Jeff's called right all season.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-09-09, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I can see hear clearly now..."
In this case, literally!

mtb002 200 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-09-09, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtb002 Click to send private message to mtb002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I can see hear clearly now..."
Punning about his visual impairment isn't the same as making fun of it. I think Scott might actually find it funny. He's pretty smart and has a good sense of humor.

04-09-09, 05:32 PM (EST)
10. "RE: I can see hear clearly now..."
I think Scott would find it funny. He has a pretty good sense of humor and he made me laugh several times with different comments he made throughout the competition. I think he was out of his league in American Idol but he's a really classy guy.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-09-09, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I can see hear clearly now..."
He does seem to have a good sense of humor. When people got on Ryan's case for trying to high-five him during the auditions, Scott said "high-five" to Ryan one time after his performance.

Also, I kept waiting for Scott to tell Paula that she looks wonderful tonight - to see if she catches on. Guess it won't happen now.

Everybody needs to cry or needs to spit. Every beauty needs to go out with an idiot. - I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight - U2

mhdallas 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-09-09, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mhdallas Click to send private message to mhdallas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I can see hear clearly now..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-09 AT 02:39 PM (EST)

Ok - I no longer feel quite so mean. Sheez. It's one thing to make fun of someone for not being able to sing (i.e. Megan), but to make fun of someone's blindness? I'm far from a Pollyanna, but that's just not right. And, yes, I do have a sense of humor - I just don't consider making fun of someone's physical infirmities to be funny.

04-09-09, 03:20 PM (EST)
6. "RE: I can see hear clearly now..."
Probably best not to wander too far into the Survivor archives, then: we had way too much fun with Chad's foot.

Scott is/was a contestant on a reality show. The general term for this is 'fair game'. If I ignore his blindness, I'm being politically correct to the point of being silly. If I joke about it, I'm being offensive. All things considered, I'll just take it as a minor blessing that he didn't know what the makeup and wardrobe departments were doing to him every week.

You haven't even begun to see us hit 'not right' yet. But if this thread goes for a while, we may get there.

And all things considered? I think Scott would prefer that we laugh about it instead of tiptoeing around it. Because laughter is, in its way, acceptance -- and being afraid to is rejection.

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-09, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I can see hear clearly now..."

>I'll just take it as
>a minor blessing that he
>didn't know what the makeup
>and wardrobe departments were doing
>to him every week.

Hey. Q-tip hair is totally in vogue. Where have you been?

mhdallas 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-10-09, 07:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mhdallas Click to send private message to mhdallas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I can see hear clearly now..."
Believe me, I'm not 'politically correct' in any way,shape,or form - the very idea makes me laugh out loud. I think that anybody in the public eye is indeed 'fair game' - as long as it's not for something they can't help, such as blindness, deafness, skin color, height, etc. On the other hand, if you dye your hair green, wear miniskirts when you're 50, or go on tv squawking like a duck, then it's open season on your #####.

But laughing at someone's blindness is not the same thing as acceptance - and not laughing at it is far from rejection. It's also not avoidance of the issue; it's merely accepting the disability for what it is, a part of the person's physical makeup, and looking past it to the person underneath. (OMG - I'm going to have to do some serious soul-searching now because this sounds just far too liberal for me!)

Anyway, that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. I do see everyone else's points, however, and they're equally valid. (And I will admit to having laughed at plenty of Stevie Wonder jokes in my time, too - let the charges of hypocrisy fall as they may.)

But now it's time for something lighter, so I'm going to switch on over to the thread about my personal favorite, Adam, and maybe listen to Mad World again. Sigh.

Have a Good Friday everyone.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-09, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: I can see hear clearly now..."
And who among us hasn't told a good Helen Keller joke or four?

"Why go halfway bad when you can go all-the-way crazy?" - RNO

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-10-09, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I can see hear clearly now..."
I don't remember doing so. Sorry.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-09, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "WARNING - mhdallas"
If you believe a fellow poster has violated this community's guidelines, then alert the mods and let us handle it. Otherwise, posters have the right to express their opinion here without criticism from you for doing so.

04-09-09, 03:41 PM (EST)
8. "It's a positive!"
From the home office in Dread Ryleh, here's tonight's Top Ten Best Things About Being Blind On American Idol.

10. As far as you're concerned, Megan has no tattoos.
9. Takes an extra five seconds to catch on to just how short Seacrest is.
8. You're the only person who doesn't have to make a special effort to ignore the lust on Kara's face. (On the other hand, you can probably smell her pheromones, so this one just might be a write-off.)
7. Didn't spend all of Adam's last performance saying 'What the hell is with that stupid blue lighting?'
6. If you ever land in the Bottom Three, just claim you can't find the stool. Or as long as you're at it, the exit.
5. When Simon calls your performance indulgent nonsense, you don't have to resist the urge to say 'So's your expression every time you say that.'
4. You can appreciate the group sing for the artistry of the performance (if only it had any).
3. Danny never asks you for an opinion on which glasses he should wear tonight, and the rest of the group hasn't been able to escape him for the last three hours.
2. You get to stay by your seat as much as you like -- which means that when the final breakdown finally comes, you have a weapon to fend off Paula with.

And the single best thing about being blind on American Idol is...

1. When Nigel makes eye contact in order to suck out your soul, nothing happens!

Quepea 313 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-11-09, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Quepea Click to send private message to Quepea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: It's a positive!"
It begs noticing that Danny can cry. Adam does not know why. Paula always seems so high. Lil Rounds bakes Anoop a pie. Matts are made for feet to dry. Randy's just an average guy. Kris and Simon never lie. Kara knows that when I die, Allison will learn to fly.

Serendipitously yours,
The Great Mister Zero

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •