The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Official gathering place for followers of the Antichrist."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-19-09, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Official gathering place for followers of the Antichrist."
Or if you just happen to think Danny Gokey isn't working within a heaven-mandated script to prove himself as the greatest singer of all time, that's okay too. Just be warned: a lot of people are claiming the two positions are actually one and the same...

It's getting downright Weaveresque out there.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Official gathering place for fo... Snidget 02-19-09 1
 Danny Corvis 02-20-09 2
   RE: Danny ssinmd 02-20-09 3
       RE: Danny Quepea 02-20-09 4
 RE: Official gathering place for fo... Colonel Zoidberg 02-23-09 5
 RE: Official gathering place for fo... Ahtumbreez 02-24-09 6
   Point of information. Estee 02-24-09 7
       RE: Point of information. Corvis 02-24-09 8
           RE: Point of information. Snidget 02-24-09 9
               RE: Point of information. Estee 02-25-09 10
                   RE: Point of information. Corvis 02-25-09 11
                       RE: Point of information. Snidget 02-25-09 12
                   RE: Point of information. grit 02-25-09 13
                       RE: Point of information. Belle Book 02-25-09 14
                   RE: Point of information. emydi 02-25-09 17
                       RE: Point of information. Estee 02-26-09 18
               RE: Point of information. Belle Book 02-25-09 15
                   RE: Point of information. Corvis 02-25-09 16
 RE: Official gathering place for fo... true 03-08-09 19
   RE: Official gathering place for fo... mindy23 03-11-09 20
       RE: Official gathering place for fo... Snidget 03-11-09 21
           RE: Official gathering place for fo... mindy23 03-11-09 22
 Renaming. Estee 03-26-09 23
 Danny talks about his song choices. Estee 04-02-09 24
   RE: Danny talks about his song choi... BlueIris 04-02-09 25
 RE: Official gathering place for fo... Loree 05-29-09 26
   RE: Official gathering place for fo... sica077 05-29-09 27
 It's not worth the jail time Snidget 06-11-09 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-09, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Official gathering place for followers of the Antichrist."
Ok, so the Devil wears Prada, right?

Apparently the Antichrist wear Versace.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Corvis 3116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-20-09, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Danny"
From MJ's:

* Does he feel like he’s been pushed to the forefront by producers?

I do feel like that, that I was highlighted. There’s no gettin’ around that. And I can say this: I’m grateful. And I know (sighs) Y’know, unfortunately, it’s a bummer when people are just real mad about it and, y’know, I had nothing to do with it and hope people can see past that.

* On whether or not his backstory is getting overwhelming and annoying...

It’s only been seven months since she’s passed. And, y’know, it’s not that I throw it in people’s faces, but I get asked about it all the time. It weighs on my mind a lot, though. Because I’d–y’know, honestly, this is a sob story I don’t want. But it is shaping my life. And it’s causing hope for a lot of people and not only that, it’s causing hope for my life.

* Wants to lighten up, aware that people are getting tired of his story...

Well, I feel like I’ve just gotten my message across. But now I wanna, I wanna lighten up and just have a little fun with it and enjoy the ride. I don’t know, I guess maybe sometimes the, the consensus is that people are getting tired of my story or, y’know, or whatever, and y’know, that’s totally fine. Uh, but I wanna be able to, y’know appeal to people on a fun level too, as opposed–y’know–and also in the deeper level that I showed ‘em.

ssinmd 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-20-09, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ssinmd Click to send private message to ssinmd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Danny"
Oh,this dude is so full of it. If he wants to lighten up, he would sing some fun songs and lose the sky point. Hero? I Hope You Dance? Why don't you just go ahead and dedicate your performances to your dead wife? I can't imagine a worse thing to have gone through, but at the same time, stop disrespecting others who have gone through it by using it as currency, 'kay?

(Also, he really looks like my grad school professor who sexually harassed me.)

Quepea 313 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-20-09, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Quepea Click to send private message to Quepea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Danny"
This bloke bugs seriously! He's not original, he's not sincere, and he has almost zero talent. His sole purpose in life is to be a spoiled little brat.

I snagged a man

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-23-09, 10:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Official gathering place for followers of the Antichrist."
I'm a Danny Fan, but I have one question that won't stop bugging me - how many damn pairs of glasses does he have?

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-09, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Official gathering place for followers of the Antichrist."
Danny fan here. Probably because he reminds me of Robert Downey Jr. Yum.

And "Y'know" when something like that happens in your life it is pretty all consuming. People like to not like people. So I'm thinking the same people that are thinking "puke" because
of the edit of his backstory would be the same people that would point and whisper and not like him if he was all upbeat and ignored the dead wife issue.

After what was shoved down our throats last season I'll take Danny anyday. *wheeze

02-24-09, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Point of information."
Just to be clear: I currently have nothing against Danny (and not much for him either excepting a sympathy for his recent nightmare). My central issue is the way his church has been both using him as a centerpiece and backlashing against anyone who says anything negative about him from a helpful hint about improving his singing on up.

02-24-09, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Point of information."
Who has the church been attacking? I hadn't heard about that. I thought most of the anger toward him centered on people's opinion that he is using his wife's passing to get further in the competition.

02-24-09, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Point of information."
People that appear to be from the church have been pretty aggressive on some of the blogs. Doesn't seem to matter much what you say about him. It is a prosperity gospel church and Danny appears to be a centerpiece being used to porve that his pastor and church are the ones getting God's favor based on the prophesies and all that has been fortold. Successes like Danny winning American Idol are in line with the if you tithe enough to the church God will give you whatever you say you want.

They also seem to be bringing up the dead wife way more than the AI producers are and I didn't think that was possible. Guess their pastor can't faith heal hearts the way he cures everything else.

02-25-09, 07:26 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Point of information."
I've been waiting for them to get here: some of us have been fairly vicious about Danny and his editing -- and that seems to serve as an automatic summons. (More theurgy than witchcraft, if you want to get technical about it.) But it looks like their current central target may be VFTW, and that's keeping them from invading us.

For now.

I have some very clear memories about what happened during the Weavers' Reign Of (t)Error. I'm pretty sure we could see it repeated on a larger scale.

02-25-09, 09:09 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Point of information."
Well, if there's one thing I hate, it's hypocritical religious people. Does this church have a website?

02-25-09, 09:14 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Point of information."
http://www.faithbuilders.cc/

http://tinyurl.com/azd9km is a blog that has been collecting stories (including a Worster that went to the church to see for themselves) and attackers.

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-25-09, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Point of information."
Refresh my memory. What was the Weavers' Reign Of (t)Error?

Details of older seasons tend to escape my feeble brain...

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-09, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Point of information."
Estee would be referring to The Amazing Race Family Edition. The Weaver Family was one of the Final 3 teams in that Race, and they claimed to be Christians but really didn't act like it -- although Rollo was probably the best of that group.

Belle Book

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-09, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Point of information."
i've been the most vicious.. oh no im going to heck then right?

02-26-09, 03:11 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Point of information."
It's worse than you think. You've been darned to heck.

Where Gordon will spend eternity trying to teach you how to cook.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-09, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Point of information."
Well, I have nothing against Danny -- but I've got plenty against his church! I wouldn't vote against Danny soley because of his church, however -- but it certainly doesn't help him any.

Belle Book

02-25-09, 04:37 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Point of information."
Yeah, that's how I'm feeling right now, too.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-09, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Official gathering place for followers of the Antichrist."
Hmm, interesting on the church thing. I hadn't heard of any of that. I have to wonder how many AI fans/voters really scour blogs for this kind of stuff. I have no idea.

From the editing alone, I figured AI had all ready crowned Danny the winner. I can see how that might cause a backlash, but really, in the end, voters put through the contestant that Simon thinks is best.

Personally, so far, I like Danny. The guy can't help what he's been through, and I'm sure he'd have just as many critics if he didn't mention his late wife.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-11-09, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Official gathering place for followers of the Antichrist."
OK, I have to say this: Didn't our PRESIDENT make a huge deal out of saying that he had NOTHING to do with what his CHURCH/PASTOR/PEOPLE had to say about HIM, and that he could not CONTROL what those same said people came up with in terms of what they said they believed in??

Well, I'm sorry, but do you think Danny is putting words into his pastor's/parishoner's mouths? I agree that he has been a big part of this church, as music director, etc. BUT, so had Obama, for all those years, and yet, when the negative publicity came out about him, he turned it around and said he had no control over it. And the majority of the nation bought that.

Now, there are a group of people who want to {not literally} stone Danny because his church is rejoicing in his advancement on this show, his prosperity, his happpiness. You know what? I'd be happy for the dude, too, if I knew him personally. After all, he just lost his wife, and who knows what else he went through BEFORE THAT??

Don't know him or anyone in his church personally, but I don't think he deserves this kind of negative garbage thrown at him-and yes, I know this is an objective forum, so we can agree to disagree. So you get to listen to me, too. I do not think he is involved in a cult, just because those people who have worked with him for years are happy for him. And may have said some off the wall things. There will ALWAYS be people who do not know how to control their feelings and their tongues. Who can do anything about that? They should be working for the media, right?? Or they should be on the View. They'd fit right in there.

I say judge him on his talent and that alone. That is what AI is all about. If we find out that he is a serial killer, child molester, even an animal slayer, then I will be happy to jump on a band wagon of 'Danny Haters'. Until then, let his talent speak for itself. And IMHO, he's one of the top 3 at this point.

And whether we like it or not, the judges agree. It's up to America to make the final decision, right??

03-11-09, 10:26 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Official gathering place for followers of the Antichrist."
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-09 AT 10:49 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-11-09 AT 10:30 AM (EST)

Well they like to make us think that America decides. If the "twist" goes the way I think it will at least they'll be more honest about over-riding America's decision when it suits their story telling.

After all it is a reality TV show and it is about ratings and story-telling and not really about finding talent. YMMV.

I've been known to visit cynical and jaded once in awhile, and I usually never buy the story line some person editing a TV show wants me to buy without looking to see what is behind the curtain.

If people feel justified not liking a singer because they are an unwed Mom (Dear Lord was their wailing when Fantasia won because a family show just can't let someone immoral like that win). Why is it bad for people to not like Danny for whatever reason they don't like him?

I'm not sure he'd be on without the dead wife story and the appeal to the church going crowd that makes up a big part of the demographic. Then again, most people are picked for story not talent. Talent doesn't get the ratings.

I guess I'm weird. I don't get mad at people for having different taste, or different standards than I do. Most of why I don't like Danny has to do with details about how he sings. That he gives me so much else to snark about is just gravy.

FWIW, when someone's church makes the news I look at what they are up to and about and what the person says and does about it. Do they leave, what do they say about the controversy? You do remember Obama quit that church, right?

An.y.way, Danny as well as Obama put themselves in the lime light. Danny didn't have to go on American Idol. Obama didn't have to run for office. Unfortunately that puts you and your associations up for examination. You want an unexamined life, don't go on TV.

ETA: Danny's church didn't have to decide to use him as a billboard for their pastor to spread the word of his vision and annointing. Danny's church and relatives didn't have to go out on every single blog and act the way they did, either. There were much better ways to handle it, especially when you spend so much time yammering on about how Christian you are when no one else could possibly be, but then I'm not Christian according to the fundamentalist anyway. Especially because I don't denounce my church for having a gay bishop. I'm kinda proud of them for that.

ETA one more thing. Maybe it is my age, but I've lived through watching one too many "just let them have their church" turn into who will have to clean up the mess and claim all the bodies. Unfortunately not everyone that claims to have a vision and a special anointing from God is a good and holy person. There are a lot of scam artists and control freaks that know religion is the best way to get their claws into people.

Some churches set off my desire to test the koolaid a lot more than others. I know "cult" often means "church I don't like" but a lot of the non-denominational churches where there is no one with a solid theological background overseeing thing seem to have some cult-like tendencies that tend to make me twitchy. I hope the guy running Danny's church is one of the good ones. So far I've seen more that makes me worry than eases my mind. You are, of course, free to think whatever you want about his church. I just hope it is OK that I sometimes take a more clinical approach to certain beliefs and practices. The practices worry me much more than any rant during a sermon.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-11-09, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Official gathering place for followers of the Antichrist."
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-09 AT 06:02 PM (EST)

Some very good points, Snidge. Thank God we're still in America where we CAN voice an opinion, take it or leave it.

I once had a pastor, an amazing man, whom I loved very much tell me this: there is a very fine line between true spirituality and insanity. Very few get it right.

ET change my sig-was wrong...

03-26-09, 07:49 AM (EST)
23. "Renaming."
After last night, I'm switching the official appellation to 'Danny Hokey'.

04-02-09, 09:35 AM (EST)
24. "Danny talks about his song choices."
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-09 AT 09:41 AM (EST)

"Dead wife? Wife, dead wife dead wife, wife wife wife, dead dead dead. Wife dead -- deading wifer, deaded, wifing dead wife. Deceased gone pushing up daises kicked-bucket spouse. Dead wife: deadfore, wife wife. Wifeity? Deading? Deadver -- deading deaded deadest! Dead wife..." *sob* *wipes tear* "Wife... dead... wife..."

I don't know if he keeps trying to remind us or if we can't separate his choices from that event.

BlueIris 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-02-09, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueIris Click to send private message to BlueIris Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Danny talks about his song choices."
"I don't know if he keeps trying to remind us or if we can't separate his choices from that event."

I had similar thoughts after spending the results show complaining about him. I don't know if I can ever look at him without thinking Danny "Dead Wife" Gokey.

I'd like to get over it. I won't hold my breath.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-09, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Official gathering place for followers of the Antichrist."
Danny is now announcing he would like to do Dancing With the Stars. Will we ever get rid of him? It is all because Simon made fun of his dancing.

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-29-09, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Official gathering place for followers of the Antichrist."
No! No, no, no....

*stomps feet*

06-11-09, 07:52 PM (EST)
29. "It's not worth the jail time"
It's not worth the jail time

http://www.framesdirect.com/danny-gokey-eyeglasses.asp

SoYouThinkYouCanTribe!

The way the violence will feel is not worth the jail time.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •